Author Topic: I need career advices!!!  (Read 3293 times)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
I need career advices!!!
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

Jizzacked

Re: I need career advices!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »
if you can't get a straight answer, he probably has no intention of paying you.  make sure you get that squared away, maybe even hint that you have been in touch with an attorney regarding the matter.  in fact, maybe you should just go ahead and consult an attorney for a consultation.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »
If you are out the door anyways, then most employers don't have any incentive to keep you happy.

Last job I had, I went from being the #1 "Go-To" guy to being a POS slacker in about the 92 seconds it took me to drop off the resignation.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
get sick for 3-4 weeks
then dont show up

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »
He already dropped the two weeks.

You gotta time your exit.... Me personally, I am waiting until after the christmas party (and year end bonuses) to move on.  ;D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »
I accepted a job with a new employer Wednesday and gave my current one 2 weeks notice yesterday.  I work in sales and we are paid commision when the units are delivered.  Delivery times on the products is usually 12-14 weeks.  I have about $8,000 in commisions from units that wil deliver after I leave including a sale which will pay $2,000 in commision I sold today.  I can't get a straight answer from my boss as to whether I will get paid these commisions. 

Does anybody know the law on this?  I closed the sale, got the contracts signed and did all of the work so I feel i should get paid.

it ultimatley depends on the contract agreement you signed with the company.  They have no obligation to pay you if it's not stated in your contract.