Author Topic: The Solution to the Government Debt Problem Is Well Known  (Read 11898 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The Solution to the Government Debt Problem Is Well Known
« on: December 01, 2010, 02:10:52 PM »
The Solution to the Government Debt Problem Is Well Known

Claus Vogt | Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 7:30 am

Claus Vogt

Last Thursday in a government declaration, German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke about the debt problems in Ireland and other European countries. She said,

“Europe needs a new culture of stability,” and added, “A better monitoring system of the national budget would be needed for all European Union member countries.”

She even addressed the cause of the European debt crisis when she said many EU countries lived beyond their measures.

Merkel obviously has recognized the root of the over indebtedness problem many European countries — and the U.S. — face. But does this recognition mean that the problems will be solved?

Unfortunately, no.

You see, there is still no political will to implement prudent monetary and fiscal policies. Not in Europe, not in the U.S. And it’s easy to understand why …

Voters do not want to want to tighten their belts! They’ve always counted on government goodies to keep the party going. And politicians want to be (re)elected. So they have no incentive to implement prudent, long-term policies if they come with short-term hardships.

However, generally speaking …

A “Culture of New stability” Is Easy to Establish

A return to sound money; the reintroduction of a prudent global monetary system would make budget deficits quickly disappear. Politicians would have to accept budget restrictions. They would have to stop their spending binge and return to soberness.

Moreover, under a sound money regime the often bemoaned massive international economic imbalances would not exist. And we wouldn’t experience the huge speculative bubbles like we’ve had in the past.

The “after us the deluge” policy, which has become the credo since President Nixon abandoned the Bretton Woods monetary system, would have never been possible with sound money.

Gold is permanent, natural money,
the antithesis of money made from nothing,
money backed by force alone.

World Bank President Robert Zeollick knows this. In fact he is the first official in an exposed position to have added the idea of the reintroduction of the gold standard to the public debate.

He knows that Chancellor Merkel’s call for a “new culture of stability” is worthless propaganda as long as the current unsound monetary regime is in existence. Any propositions that fall short of sound money are nothing more than delusions of momentous proportions.

Zoellick was quickly called to order and paddled back. But nevertheless, this episode is telling.

The problems facing the industrial world can no longer be swept under the carpet. They’ll just keep coming back. The debt problem is so large, that sooner or later something has to give.

Zoellick realizes that. But Fed Chairman Bernanke is still prescribing the same old medicine — without restraint — which is only aggravating patient’s ailment.

And then there is the most important question, which is rarely discussed …

Who Will Take the Losses?

Over-indebted countries will end up defaulting in the coming years … either openly, or behind closed doors via currency debasement. There is simply no other option.

The point of no return has long passed. We have reached a dead-end. Our politicians will have to decide whom to saddle with the unavoidable losses coming from debt loads too large to service any longer.

Amazingly the financial industry has somehow managed not to be held responsible for their risk taking. They have succeeded in bypassing the philosophy that they should stand tall for the losses their decisions may entail.

A willingness to accept losses is part of capitalism.

On the other hand, you and I have to eat our losses if our investments go bad. And that’s how it should be. Otherwise capital markets and capitalism as a whole cannot function.

Every economist knows this unwritten law. But in the case of mortgage debt the law has been broken, and major losses have been socialized. Now I fear that the same will happen with the major losses coming from government — and municipality — defaults.

That means the bond market is facing a very rough future. And many issues once deemed risk-free will show their new reality.

Best wishes,

Claus

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/the-solution-to-the-government-debt-problem-is-well-known-41369
w

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
Re: The Solution to the Government Debt Problem Is Well Known
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »
I figured the solution would be gold.. ::). Get a life you snake peddling charlatan

I just closed a nice trade BTW....I just made made $1.29 per ounce of silver. Purchased Sunday night and sold a few hours ago..BTW, i only used roughly 2.50% Margins...Cha ching :)

almost a 200% gain on Investment in 4 days...I was willing to risk a 1-1.25% loss...

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »
Huh it's obvious but it can't be done why still in high unemployment. We need to the world back on it's feet? I mean maybe it is soon time to start, but I don't think were there yet. The world is just as unstable as we were 2 years ago.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
I figured the solution would be gold.. ::). Get a life you snake peddling charlatan

I just closed a nice trade BTW....I just made made $1.29 per ounce of silver. Purchased Sunday night and sold a few hours ago..BTW, i only used roughly 2.50% Margins...Cha ching :)

almost a 200% gain on Investment in 4 days...I was willing to risk a 1-1.25% loss...

lol she peddles the gold standard as well but probably has little understanding of its history and why we abandoned it... ;D

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »
fu*k off 24kt someone ban this b*tch samson gimmick
Abandon every hope...

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
Jaguar doesn't tell you guys that if you purchase Gold bullion from the firm she is associated with more than likely you'll lose money..No matter what the spot price of gold does. Fact you are not guaranteed to make money even if the price of gold appreciates.. :'(

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »
fu*k off 24kt someone ban this b*tch samson gimmick

What is your problem?! Seriously, you need to take a valium.
All I've done is post an article from moneyandmarkets.com and you have a conniption?
Don't like my posts? ...the solution is simple.... don't click on them.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 05:02:31 PM »
Jaguar doesn't tell you guys that if you purchase Gold bullion from the firm she is associated with more than likely you'll lose money..No matter what the spot price of gold does. Fact you are not guaranteed to make money even if the price of gold appreciates.. :'(

225, I'd appreciate it if you could leave your speculations about the company I am associated with to yourself. This way I am not forced to come in and clarify your misstatements, ...and hopefully kcballer won't have an aneurysm.

The fact is unless they are located in German, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands or Slovenia, they cannot purchase gold and take delivery from the company I am associated with. The company I am associated with does not provide gold & silver backed savings plans as a means for people "to make money". These gold & silver savinggs plan exist as a means for people to exchange their DEpreciating assets (FIAT currency) for an APpreciating asset (gold & silver) and thereby effect a "store of value". It is a way to store the value of your money, since Fiscal policy seems to be in a race to devalue currency the world over.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »
Fuck off you lazy-eyed con artist. Why won't Ron ban this douche!?

The funny thing is this twat is no better, and most likely worse, than the people she rails against.

How many elderly people have you managed to dupe into handing their life saving over?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »
225, I'd appreciate it if you could leave your speculations about the company I am associated with to yourself. This way I am not forced to come in and clarify your misstatements, ...and hopefully kcballer won't have an aneurysm.

The fact is unless they are located in German, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands or Slovenia, they cannot purchase gold and take delivery from the company I am associated with.
heres a question if the article you posted thinks that munis and treasuries are going to or may default you really think the pieces of paper or notes they have that say they own so much gold is going to mean shit?

do you understand why we moved away from the gold standard?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
heres a question if the article you posted thinks that munis and treasuries are going to or may default you really think the pieces of paper or notes they have that say they own so much gold is going to mean shit?

bump for an answer...

also ive heard you talk of hyperinflation and would like to know when you think this might set in and why you feel that in the face of much more possible deflation you think not only inflation but hyperinflation is going to happen?

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 07:05:01 AM »

The fact is unless they are located in German, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands or Slovenia, they cannot purchase gold and take delivery from the company I am associated with. The company I am associated with does not provide gold & silver backed savings plans as a means for people "to make money". These gold & silver savinggs plan exist as a means for people to exchange their DEpreciating assets (FIAT currency) for an APpreciating asset (gold & silver) and thereby effect a "store of value". It is a way to store the value of your money, since Fiscal policy seems to be in a race to devalue currency the world over.

Why are clowns from your firm claiming that this wonderful opportunity is coming to the united states on youtube,etc..?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:26 PM »

Tony, here is where it pays to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

This is why smart people take physical delivery of their gold. the company I deal with provides FREE  physical delivery for preferred customers who want it, and provides FREE storage. We're not selling paper gold in ETF's like 225 for 70 recommends. The company I associate with is not for speculators looking to make a quick buck on the peaks & troughs, but for those who want a secure store of value.

Yes, you want off the gold standard because Vietnam was a very expensive error, and London came calling
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
bump for an answer...

also ive heard you talk of hyperinflation and would like to know when you think this might set in and why you feel that in the face of much more possible deflation you think not only inflation but hyperinflation is going to happen?

Tony, at this point imo, it's not a matter of if, but rather when. I don't have a time frame, but I do know it is inevitable. As for hyperinflation vs. deflation, I really don't think they are mutually exclusive. I think we're going to see a combination of both. The very things you need to consume to survive, food, clothing etc etc will experience hyperinflation, while at the same time, the very things that you're most heavily invested in (homes) will see deflation. I think deflation in the real estate market is going to continue for quite some time. Housing prices will continue to come down drastically, as eventually the markets will be flooded by foreclosed properties that are currently sitting on the books. Eventually those will have to come back onto the market.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »
Why are clowns from your firm claiming that this wonderful opportunity is coming to the united states on youtube,etc..?

Because it is. It will eventually be available in the United States, but at the moment, it currently is not.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »
Tony, here is where it pays to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

This is why smart people take physical delivery of their gold. the company I deal with provides FREE  physical delivery for preferred customers who want it, and provides FREE storage. We're not selling paper gold in ETF's like 225 for 70 recommends. The company I associate with is not for speculators looking to make a quick buck on the peaks & troughs, but for those who want a secure store of value.

Yes, you want off the gold standard because Vietnam was a very expensive error, and London came calling
so you guys take physical delivery of the product for them? please tell me how they helps them when the shit hits the fan like you expect it to? LMFAO???

please this is going to be hillarious...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »
Tony, at this point imo, it's not a matter of if, but rather when. I don't have a time frame, but I do know it is inevitable. As for hyperinflation vs. deflation, I really don't think they are mutually exclusive. I think we're going to see a combination of both. The very things you need to consume to survive, food, clothing etc etc will experience hyperinflation, while at the same time, the very things that you're most heavily invested in (homes) will see deflation. I think deflation in the real estate market is going to continue for quite some time. Housing prices will continue to come down drastically, as eventually the markets will be flooded by foreclosed properties that are currently sitting on the books. Eventually those will have to come back onto the market.
actually by definition they are very much mutually exclusive LMFAO are you serious are you reading your sales script? HAHAHAH are you serious? LMAO

what makes you think hyperinflation is a possibility when the majority of signs point to deflation?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
LMAO dont let facts get in the way of your sales pitch

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-17/u-s-consumer-prices-rose-0-2-in-october-core-rate-unchanged.html

"Consumer prices excluding food and fuel, the gauge followed by central bankers, increased 0.6 percent from October 2009, the smallest gain in year-over-year data going back to 1958"

"The consumer-price index increased 0.2 percent in October from the previous month, less than the 0.3 percent gain projected by the median forecast of 80 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News. Excluding food and fuel, so-called core costs were little changed for a third consecutive month."

but hey again youre sales scripts must be right, huh?

LMFAO

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »
so you guys take physical delivery of the product for them? please tell me how they helps them when the shit hits the fan like you expect it to? LMFAO???

please this is going to be hillarious...

Tony, if you'd stop being so damned bellicose, you might actually be able to comprehend what has actually been written.

People in the USA cannot purchase gold from the German company I am associated with.
Those who reside in the USA who want to purchase gold & silver, must do so from a different source, until such time that the German company I am affiliated with opens it's doors in the USA. Until then, their customer base who can buy gold and take delivery is limited to residents of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Slovenia.

Hope That Clarifies.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »
actually by definition they are very much mutually exclusive LMFAO are you serious are you reading your sales script? HAHAHAH are you serious? LMAO

what makes you think hyperinflation is a possibility when the majority of signs point to deflation?

First of all there is no sales script, I'm simply stating my opinion. I don't believe they are mutually exclusive at all.
We see the evidence of both occurring simultaneously. The very necessities of life are rapidly increasing in price... the things we need to live & function everyday like food, gas, clothing etc are all rising in price, ...while our biggest investments... our homes and real estate holdings are dropping in price.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 10:54:02 PM »
LMAO dont let facts get in the way of your sales pitch

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-17/u-s-consumer-prices-rose-0-2-in-october-core-rate-unchanged.html

"Consumer prices excluding food and fuel, the gauge followed by central bankers, increased 0.6 percent from October 2009, the smallest gain in year-over-year data going back to 1958"

"The consumer-price index increased 0.2 percent in October from the previous month, less than the 0.3 percent gain projected by the median forecast of 80 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News. Excluding food and fuel, so-called core costs were little changed for a third consecutive month."

but hey again youre sales scripts must be right, huh?

LMFAO

Your link refers to past performance. My opinion is that hyperinflation is in our future. Your link is worthless.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 04:27:39 AM »
Your link refers to past performance. My opinion is that hyperinflation is in our future. Your link is worthless.
::) ::) ::)

LOL hunny thats very recent past and shows trends going foreward...

notice the "third consecutive month"

notice the year over year citing oct 09 that means their referring to oct 10...again recent past that projects future...

you want future projections fine...maybe you should educate yourself...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-24/usda-retail-food-inflation-forecasts-for-2010-and-2011-text-.html

"In 2010, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all food is projected to increase 0.5 to 1.5 percent--the lowest annual food inflation rate since 1992."

postied the 24th of november

again dont let facts get in the way of your opinion or sales pitch  ::)

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
They took the dollar off the gold standard , so they could then use the gold. they even enacted a 10 yrs prison sentence for anyone not turning their gold in.

The economy is doing bad cause all the companies decided they want cheap labour in other countries.
Problem is when you don't have a good job it's hard to afford a luxury car TV etc...
The Corporations and government failled to realize that they depend on the public to buy their goods and pay the bills.
Life is all about flow, give and take. if you fail to follow natural laws of the universe you will colapse end of storey.
And that is the lesson we are learning IMHO.
P