Author Topic: Has anyone tried Mark Bell's Slingshot?  (Read 6563 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Has anyone tried Mark Bell's Slingshot?
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »
Thinking of picking one up to help overload my chest once a month. If you have no clue what I am talking about just google it or watch the video on YouTube.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Has anyone tried Mark Bell's Slingshot?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:21:27 AM »
go for it. never tried it but do you think as he says you can bench 10-20% more? keep us informed of your results, interesting.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
Interesting, for $50 buck might be worth the investment. Good feature is that you just slide them on (need powder?) and easy to take with you. Probably would have to include some dead stops  (starts off the chest...without the slingshot) to keep full strength balance. I had to look the slingshot up, new to me.  

Guy's have used  bumper plates, when doing floor presses, for that super rebound affect. Or even wooden planks, for rebounds.
Bumper plates are exceptional for DL's and cleans also. As are the old style Hooper DL's, which no one seems to know about these days. Any of these versions; slingshots, bumper plates or Hooper's greatly help with using weight well beyond the normal abilities. Or what they may thing is normal.  Truth is, no one really knows are strong they really are, until tested.

Don't know if Donny posted this in the PL'ing/Strongman thread, might get some better answers there.  Good luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »
Thinking of picking one up to help overload my chest once a month. If you have no clue what I am talking about just google it or watch the video on YouTube.

I presume these serve the same or similar purpose of bands and chains.

It appears to give you more assistance at the bottom of the movement, with decreasingly less assist towards the top - the idea being that the device provides adjusting resistance, thus offering maximum workload on the stronger and weaker parts of your ROM.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »
it's more like a bench shirt than anything else

definetely helps at the bottom of the press

I have used it once but didn't see it's purpose in my training. Now if I was competing in geared powerlifting meets that would be a different story.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
good points... i'm thinking it would be fun to try during an extra set (after my last heavy set) to over-exhaust the muscle... apparently no powder is required... slides on/off easy

Leevancleef1

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »
I use it regularly and love it....you can definitely use more weight and by doing so it becomes a confidence booster. I use it at the end of my bench workout to squeeze out more reps with same weight and then for drop sets. Great training aid. I like it alot. Great for dips and pushups too when you are already blown away.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 06:06:20 AM »
Sounds like a way to lower the stress on a muscle. These power lifting cheat apparel is not doing your muscles any favors. It doesn't make you stronger but it allows you to lift more weight if the numbers matter to you. When in question lift a weight that puts the most amount of stress on a muscle instead seeking out the easiest way to lift.

Leevancleef1

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 02:24:29 PM »
Have you used it? its an extra tool to add on to everything else you do.

It helped increase my bench by adding a few work sets with slingshot and heavier weight for a few weeks...getting "used" to the increased weight both physically and mentally...and then after a few weeks of that I was able to bench more without the slingshot. I like it.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 05:39:53 PM »
Guy in my gym has one. Guy is in his sixties and is a 400+lb bencher.
T

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 03:57:26 AM »
I have 2 different Slingshots and a Titan Ram, cannot bench w/out these days (tear/impingement).