Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 753709 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6700 on: May 17, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »
I like his new delivery. The old hype crap, let's go go,go,go,go, was annoying.  Hes matured alot. Has some funny lines too.
Lol yes he can be hilarious. In one video he says +/- this: "Guys let's face it we are all duuudes. Ladies you are welcome to join but we are all duuddes in crypto!".

And in this latest video around 4:40: "Elon, small Papa. S&P 500 - the big Papa".

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #6701 on: May 17, 2021, 03:56:35 PM »
Calling Mr Anabolic

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6702 on: May 17, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6703 on: May 17, 2021, 06:34:21 PM »
I am going to give Charles Hoskinson more benefit. Apparently he gave all his Ethereum to his secretary when he left that project (or was kicked out). Classy move!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6704 on: May 17, 2021, 10:30:44 PM »
In a pump and dump much of the distribution takes place after the top. RIOT Blockchain: I’ll bet a lot of people bought the pullback in the 40 to 60 range hoping to see new highs which never materialized and now they’re holding the bag:

These sorts of posts remind me of Johnny or Ponyboy from The Outsiders out there in the park searching for cigarette butts to get a drag or two out of.

Why waste your time on such garbage?

Buy the finest racehorse out there and simply ride it for years to come.

Bitcoin is Secretariat.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6705 on: May 17, 2021, 10:37:32 PM »
LMAO

A lotta "virtual millionaires" will be on suicide watch a few weeks from now :D

In a few weeks you will have slithered back under the rock from whence you came from(with the rest of the Bitcoin haters following right behind you).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6706 on: May 17, 2021, 10:53:12 PM »
In a few weeks you will have slithered back under the rock from whence you came from(with the rest of the Bitcoin haters following right behind you).

Lol - funny how those "non-coiners" come out on every dip. LOL

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6707 on: May 17, 2021, 10:58:03 PM »
BTC has defeated every single FUD thrown at it. (Recall all the idiotic comments made by Mr Anabolic back in the day when we started this thread).

The last FUD remaining they now are trying to use is "energy consumption". That one will be easily defeated over time, as economics dictate dirty energy will not be able to compete wil unlimited power of solar energy.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6708 on: May 17, 2021, 11:59:15 PM »
Yes, however there is another angle. Interest rates could be raised as inflation goes up. Higher interest rates will make it more attractive for people to keep money in traditional finance that offer higher rates.

US Fed advised they are holding rates until 2025 and have been open about the inflation level they are targeting.

We don't have any risk of rates increasing in the short term and it is controlled via the bond market.

BTC has defeated every single FUD thrown at it. (Recall all the idiotic comments made by Mr Anabolic back in the day when we started this thread).

The last FUD remaining they now are trying to use is "energy consumption". That one will be easily defeated over time, as economics dictate dirty energy will not be able to compete wil unlimited power of solar energy.

Yep.

If you went on a holiday for 2 weeks and didn't look at your phone until you came back, you'd never know there was a crash.

We are in a bullrun.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6709 on: May 18, 2021, 02:58:55 AM »
Just a heads up, I've been pushing $MATIC for a few weeks.

I bought it at around $0.80 less than a week ago. It's now at about $2.15.

Look into it and let me know what you guys think.

"1"

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #6710 on: May 18, 2021, 04:56:01 AM »
MATIC and ADA FTW.
Like DOT, they will go over 30$
$

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6711 on: May 18, 2021, 08:21:50 AM »
MATIC and ADA FTW.

yup

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6712 on: May 18, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »
MATIC and ADA FTW.

Both good cryptos, but No.

Ada at over $30 would give it a bigger market cap than bitcoin. Just getting to $10 would be huge.

Matic is far more limited.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6713 on: May 18, 2021, 12:15:31 PM »
$42,694.63

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6714 on: May 18, 2021, 12:57:34 PM »
Both good cryptos, but No.

Ada at over $30 would give it a bigger market cap than bitcoin. Just getting to $10 would be huge.

Matic is far more limited.

I think ADA will break $30 for sure, but it will take time.

Brother, we know Bitcoin is the benchmark, but your estimate is assuming the crypto ecosystem will never break the $2 Trillion+ mark.

A few posts back, I even mentioned that based on ADAs circulating supply and current price based on its market cap, IF pegged off of Bitcoin will at its BEST see between $30-$32. That said, with the speed in which inflation could hit and with a loss of faith in the USD, I think we can see a massive influx of both institutional and retail money into the crypto ecosystem. If that happens, just like Bitboy mentioned in his most recent video discussing ADA, we could see a $50-$100 ADA. I agree with him on that. Cardano is aiming to incorporate itself with the entire continent of Africa. I look at it as a long game and I think it's one of the few altcoins (now becoming more like a stable coin) that could reach those heights. I don't ever think it will reach BTC or ETH levels, as its circulating supply is way too high, but it can certainly break $30-$35 in the next 2-5 years and upwards of that in the 5-10 year frame mark.

If you figure it otherwise, let me know your rationale.

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6715 on: May 18, 2021, 01:59:34 PM »
MATIC is in overheated territory, just be careful if you want to YOLO in now as that RSI never lives long above 95 on the weekly.

Early this morning I got a strong buy signal triggered for ETH and many of the alts. These signals show up rarely and are at the bottom prior to a large upswing. YOLO ETH!!!

This is where Obsidian overtakes gib as the resident crypto overlord  :D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6716 on: May 18, 2021, 02:27:11 PM »
I think ADA will break $30 for sure, but it will take time.

Brother, we know Bitcoin is the benchmark, but your estimate is assuming the crypto ecosystem will never break the $2 Trillion+ mark.

A few posts back, I even mentioned that based on ADAs circulating supply and current price based on its market cap, IF pegged off of Bitcoin will at its BEST see between $30-$32. That said, with the speed in which inflation could hit and with a loss of faith in the USD, I think we can see a massive influx of both institutional and retail money into the crypto ecosystem. If that happens, just like Bitboy mentioned in his most recent video discussing ADA, we could see a $50-$100 ADA. I agree with him on that. Cardano is aiming to incorporate itself with the entire continent of Africa. I look at it as a long game and I think it's one of the few altcoins (now becoming more like a stable coin) that could reach those heights. I don't ever think it will reach BTC or ETH levels, as its circulating supply is way too high, but it can certainly break $30-$35 in the next 2-5 years and upwards of that in the 5-10 year frame mark.

If you figure it otherwise, let me know your rationale.

"1"

DOT went from $2 to $30 in less than 6 months. For ADA to do the same thing in 6 months without the rest of the market moving would give us a $3trillion market cap.

Let's say we get x15 ADA from here and the rest of the coins only x2. That's a market cap of $5T. If the rest of coins x3, market cap of $7T.

For ADA to get to $30 the rest of the market needs to stay in a slump for all of 2021 and it needs an influx of mega money. I don't see that happening and that's basically my rationale.

Also the ATH ADA/bitcoin value was near the initial coin offering of ADA and that's when it's most susceptible to hype and movement doesn't require a lot of money. If ever that value was gonna be skewed, it's then.

Don't get too caught up in this phenomenon of how well an altcoin is pumping when bitcoin is in a slump. It's is nothing new and it's  been part of the cycle for years now. It nearly always corrects itself and it's why I've been saying the money will funnel up to the top coins in every other post. Do however enjoy the gains.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6717 on: May 18, 2021, 03:03:01 PM »
MicroStrategy buys the dip, acquires $10M in Bitcoin

Business intelligence firm MicroStrategy has scooped up another $10 million worth of Bitcoin (BTC), signaling the company’s relentless conviction in the digital asset amid the latest price collapse.

The cash amount earned MicroStrategy 229 BTC at an average price of $43,663, the company confirmed Tuesday in a Form 8-K filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. The acquisition came just five days after the business intelligence firm purchased 271 BTC for an average price of $55,387.

CEO Michael Saylor, an outspoken supporter of Bitcoin, also disclosed the purchase on Twitter.

MicroStrategy has been accumulating BTC since last summer, even going as far as raising debt to finance additional purchases. The company now has 92,079 BTC on its books, which is equivalent to $2.251 billion at the time of publication.

In terms of corporate whales, no other publicly traded company comes close to matching MicroStrategy’s BTC play. The company owns 4.38% of Bitcoin’s total circulating supply, according to the latest industry figures.

The price of Bitcoin has corrected nearly 23% over the past seven days, bringing its value back to around $43,000. The leading digital currency has been under pressure from a confluence of negative headlines and technical indicators suggesting that it may have hit a local top of $64,000 last month.

Despite the recent volatility, institutions have upped their BTC purchases over the past 30 days. Data from Bitcoin Treasuries shows that institutions have accumulated 215,000 BTC over the period, highlighting a growing conviction from the so-called "smart money" class.

As Cointelegraph recently reported, the recent outflows of BTC on Coinbase also suggest that investors are willing to hold the digital asset for longer periods.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/microstrategy-buys-the-dip-acquires-10m-in-bitcoin

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6718 on: May 18, 2021, 04:46:32 PM »
Right now for any noobs looking at crypto, why would they buy BTC?

<Keeping in mind this alt run will be short lived>

I’m not sure what will mentally damage btc maxis more, a somewhat harmless Elon tweet or that new people will enter and make eye watering gains on alts.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6719 on: May 18, 2021, 05:18:49 PM »
Right now for any noobs looking at crypto, why would they buy BTC?

<Keeping in mind this alt run will be short lived>

I’m not sure what will mentally damage btc maxis more, a somewhat harmless Elon tweet or that new people will enter and make eye watering gains on alts.

So, life savings into Tron??

I heard some really awesome things about EOS.

"Life changing returns" from IOTA?

If you are a Bitcoin maxi at this point you have spent hundreds of hours learning about and ultimately understanding the asset that you own and likely have been accumulating at a very small fraction of the current price.

Do you REALLY believe the people that I described in the above paragraph are feeling some type of way over some noobs who jumped in 6 months ago and believe themselves to be experts because they watch a few BitBoy videos?

I feel the same way about these noobs as I do some unsuspecting fool who is stepping into the ring against a 1987 Mike Tyson. They just end up getting unbelievably damaged in the end.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6720 on: May 18, 2021, 06:17:05 PM »
Think we're about the break 42k support. If we brake 38k, its over until the next halving.imo

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6721 on: May 18, 2021, 06:39:08 PM »
Think we're about the break 42k support. If we brake 38k, its over until the next halving.imo

Yep....how about we all meet back here in 4 years time? Sound good.....or we can wait until june/july to make a call.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6722 on: May 18, 2021, 07:00:48 PM »
Yep....how about we all meet back here in 4 years time? Sound good.....or we can wait until june/july to make a call.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I took my original captial out and took profits on the way up. Whatever other profits  I'm loosing here  now will stay till next cycle if need be.

Of course I'd like to see things continue to the upside.....will see. 

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6723 on: May 18, 2021, 09:09:29 PM »
The ultimate buy signal is when this thread ever falls to page 2 of GetBig... :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6724 on: May 18, 2021, 09:15:13 PM »
The ultimate buy signal is when this thread ever falls to page 2 of GetBig... :)

What price did you sell it?