Author Topic: Floyd vs Chauvin | What really changes with Verdict?  (Read 2071 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Floyd vs Chauvin | What really changes with Verdict?
« on: April 20, 2021, 06:34:19 PM »
I see countless celebrations and can understand the feeling they have of 'justice' for now.

What does this verdict really change? Are people too stupid to see the pandering from the Harris administration, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Crump, etc.?

These Dindus really need to take note of the lesson here. Resisting arrest increases your chances of death by the police. You literally lose most of your rights when you resist. 10000000 guilty verdicts won't change this.

Oh, and thank you for the appeal, Maxine. We appreciate it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Floyd vs Chauvin | What really changes with Verdict?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
I see countless celebrations and can understand the feeling they have of 'justice' for now.

What does this verdict really change? Are people too stupid to see the pandering from the Harris administration, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Crump, etc.?

These Dindus really need to take note of the lesson here. Resisting arrest increases your chances of death by the police. You literally lose most of your rights when you resist. 10000000 guilty verdicts won't change this.

It doesn't change anything. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 02:43:30 PM »
It doesn't change anything.

Until Dindees start listening to LEO, well continue to see these things.

This is not systemic racism. If I didn't see the suspects in just about every case of 'police brutality' recently resisting arrest, I would say we have a serious race issue.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 03:18:48 PM »
I'll bet Chauvin notices a change.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 04:37:52 PM »
I'll bet Chauvin notices a change.

How does that help the Dindus? Seems to me just about every day the police have to wrestle with one that is resisting arrest.

Nothing has effectivrly changed, except the media's narrative.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
How does that help the Dindus? Seems to me just about every day the police have to wrestle with one that is resisting arrest.

Nothing has effectivrly changed, except the media's narrative.

what are Dindus?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 08:55:39 PM »

The Floyd family got $27M in the ghetto lottery.

Crump takes 25%
Jackson takes 10%
Sharpton takes 10%
BLM takes 20%
Democrat Party takes 15%

The Floyd family is broke or dead within 5 years.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 10:29:12 PM »
The Floyd family got $27M in the ghetto lottery.

Crump takes 25%
Jackson takes 10%
Sharpton takes 10%
BLM takes 20%
Democrat Party takes 15%

The Floyd family is broke or dead within 5 years.

Bingo. We have a winner. That's why Crump, Jackson, Sharpton, etc. keep pushing this narrative.

I truly feel sorry for the black people that don't see what is going on. They make them feel as if they aren't capable.

I say it all the time, if this country is so racist, then why do we have so many successful black people in the US?

How did Harris and Obama get elected?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 04:47:47 AM »

Why does it have to change anything for people to be happy about it? Just 4 threads down you're arguing with another poster that you don't even care how Newsom fares in a recall because you think it might hurt his presidential chances. Why does everyone else have to have higher standards than you? Why aren't others entitled to be happy that someone who did something terrible is now experiencing the consequences?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 06:22:42 AM »
Why does it have to change anything for people to be happy about it? Just 4 threads down you're arguing with another poster that you don't even care how Newsom fares in a recall because you think it might hurt his presidential chances. Why does everyone else have to have higher standards than you? Why aren't others entitled to be happy that someone who did something terrible is now experiencing the consequences?

I'm referring to people who think the Chauvin conviction means real change occurred. There will be no change until criminals stop resisting arrest. Every single incident that we see in the media involves a suspect that has resisted arrest.

Hope that is clear to you.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 06:24:20 AM »
what are Dindus?

Men without any guilt.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 06:29:49 AM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 07:00:01 AM »
what are Dindus?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dindu

Dindu
\ dindu, 'dindu nothin' (non-offensive) \\ 'dindu nuffin' (racial pejorative) \

Dindu (a portmanteau of "didn't" + "do" succeeded by the word "nothin") is a whimsical expression, mostly used by the Right, to poke fun at what they perceive as MSM's portrayal of guilty people as innocent victims. The whimsical nature stems from the nuance of the double negative. Hence "dindu nothin" is an affirmation that the person, contrary to the narrative, did in fact do something.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 07:04:10 AM »
I'm referring to people who think the Chauvin conviction means real change occurred. There will be no change until criminals stop resisting arrest. Every single incident that we see in the media involves a suspect that has resisted arrest.

Hope that is clear to you.

Who has said that they think the Chauvin conviction meant real world change? No one in real life is saying that. No news coverage is saying that. It's definitely not a common sentiment. You might be able to scrape up a random tweet or two, but I think it's pretty likely you haven't seen anyone actually express this sentiment.

On a separate note, resisting arrest is not a license to kill and never has been.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 07:06:01 AM »

I would think there are strict guidelines that justify the use of deadly force when someone is resisting arrest.  In this case, I don't see there was.  I wonder how that was taken into account when the verdict was decided. 

I also don't know that much will change because of all of this.  There might be some reform.  But aside from cams how does it get enforced and found out?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 09:17:21 AM »
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dindu

Dindu
\ dindu, 'dindu nothin' (non-offensive) \\ 'dindu nuffin' (racial pejorative) \

Dindu (a portmanteau of "didn't" + "do" succeeded by the word "nothin") is a whimsical expression, mostly used by the Right, to poke fun at what they perceive as MSM's portrayal of guilty people as innocent victims. The whimsical nature stems from the nuance of the double negative. Hence "dindu nothin" is an affirmation that the person, contrary to the narrative, did in fact do something.

gotcha

so someone who uses that term is a racist

I wonder why the racist who made that comment thinks that trying and convicting a murderer is supposed to "change something" other than taking a murderer off the streets

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 09:49:34 AM »
Who has said that they think the Chauvin conviction meant real world change? No one in real life is saying that. No news coverage is saying that. It's definitely not a common sentiment. You might be able to scrape up a random tweet or two, but I think it's pretty likely you haven't seen anyone actually express this sentiment.

On a separate note, resisting arrest is not a license to kill and never has been.

The Harris administration thinks the verdict will change things...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/20/president-biden-kamala-harris-react-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-george-floyd/

Making excuses for criminals who resist arrest or don't comply with LEO orders. I never said it was a license to kill, but it sure gives the police a reason to use force that sometimes is lethal, doesn't it?
Yep, you are a typical libtard, unable to accept responsibility.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 09:52:38 AM »
I would think there are strict guidelines that justify the use of deadly force when someone is resisting arrest.  In this case, I don't see there was.  I wonder how that was taken into account when the verdict was decided. 

I also don't know that much will change because of all of this.  There might be some reform.  But aside from cams how does it get enforced and found out?

Exactly my point. The true reform needs to occur with interactions with the police. It all starts with not resisting arrest. Resisting arrest gives police the ability to justify force.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 11:52:55 AM »
The Harris administration thinks the verdict will change things...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/20/president-biden-kamala-harris-react-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-george-floyd/
Neither said  the verdict changes anything. They said they hope it could be a small step towards change. When you start a thread claiming that people are too stupid to notice that nothing actually changed, that's not just semantics.
Making excuses for criminals who resist arrest or don't comply with LEO orders. I never said it was a license to kill, but it sure gives the police a reason to use force that sometimes is lethal, doesn't it?
Remaining alive through the course of being arrested for a counterfeit $20 is not something anyone needs to make excuses for. This definitely was not a case of police having a reason to use lethal force. The fact that you keep trying to obfuscate the line between "reasonable force to complete an arrest" and "murder" is you claiming it's a license to kill. Chauvin was convicted for what occurred AFTER Floyd was handcuffed.

Yep, you are a typical libtard, unable to accept responsibility.
Yeah, by the logic you've displayed so far, you probably think I'm more responsible for Floyd's death than Chauvin, too  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2021, 01:41:01 PM »
Exactly my point. The true reform needs to occur with interactions with the police. It all starts with not resisting arrest. Resisting arrest gives police the ability to justify force.

What will never change:

1. There will always be people committing crimes and breaking the law. 
2. A percentage of those people will resist arrest.

It is the responsibility and obligation of law enforcement to follow the guidelines set for them when people resist arrest.  There is no justification for what happened to Floyd. 

The verdict and Floyd's death brought the conversation of excessive force and police brutality back to the public spotlight. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 02:15:10 PM »
What will never change:

It is the responsibility and obligation of law enforcement to follow the guidelines set for them when people resist arrest.  There is no justification for what happened to Floyd. 

The verdict and Floyd's death brought the conversation of excessive force and police brutality back to the public spotlight.

3.  A percentage of cops will always use excessive force no matter the circumstance

Chauvin had multiple complaints of excessive force spanning almost his entire career
It's too bad for both him and Floyd that he wasn't fired earlier for one of those offenses

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/derek-chauvin-minneapolis-police-background-life-2020-6

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2021, 02:44:31 PM »
3.  A percentage of cops will always use excessive force no matter the circumstance

Chauvin had multiple complaints of excessive force spanning almost his entire career
It's too bad for both him and Floyd that he wasn't fired earlier for one of those offenses

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/derek-chauvin-minneapolis-police-background-life-2020-6

I don't know that they "always" will.  But I agree that there will always be a percentage of cops who will use excessive force from time to time.

Body cams help.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2021, 04:21:55 PM »
What will never change:

It is also the responsibility and obligation of citizens to obey a LEO. Like I said previously, it's a two way street. There will always be some bad cops and bad citizens.

If cops are so racist, why doesn't the media and the Harris administration speak about other ethnicities that are victims of police brutality like they do regarding blacks? White people get it too, but where are the videos and media coverage?

I'm also not justifying what happened to Floyd, but his actions before and during played a part.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2021, 04:30:55 PM »
Neither said  the verdict changes anything. They said they hope it could be a small step towards change. When you start a thread claiming that people are too stupid to notice that nothing actually changed, that's not just semantics. Remaining alive through the course of being arrested for a counterfeit $20 is not something anyone needs to make excuses for. This definitely was not a case of police having a reason to use lethal force. The fact that you keep trying to obfuscate the line between "reasonable force to complete an arrest" and "murder" is you claiming it's a license to kill. Chauvin was convicted for what occurred AFTER Floyd was handcuffed.

Yeah, by the logic you've displayed so far, you probably think I'm more responsible for Floyd's death than Chauvin, too  ::)

Man you just like to argue....did you even read the article?

"Biden says he told George Floyd's daughter, Gianna, her father "changed the world"

And you're right, nobody needed to die over a fake $20 bill and it's definitely not something you want to struggle with the police about....but Floyd felt differently.