Author Topic: Floyd vs Chauvin | What really changes with Verdict?  (Read 2069 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Floyd vs Chauvin | What really changes with Verdict?
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 05:07:27 PM »
It doesn't change anything.
This. Nothing changes. It's a token victory so people won't riot.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 05:37:17 PM »
Man you just like to argue....
This is a discussion and debate forum. What are you expecting, a blow job?

did you even read the article?

"Biden says he told George Floyd's daughter, Gianna, her father "changed the world"
Floyd's death was one of the major news stories of the last year. It impacted how businesses operate, how media operates, how some people view the police. His death did have a major impact on the world. Biden was not being hyperbolic. That's not debatable. That is not the same thing as saying his death changed the justice system. That should be obvious by the fact that they both said that Chauvin's conviction was a small step.

It is also the responsibility and obligation of citizens to obey a LEO. Like I said previously, it's a two way street. There will always be some bad cops and bad citizens.

And the social contract for that is jailtime. Not sure how to make it any simpler for you. The punishment doesn't match the crime. That was the issue here. You keep saying you're not justifying what happened to Floyd , then you go and attempt to justify it.  IT IS NOT A TWO WAY STREET.   A cop doesn't get carte blanche to misbehave because they are dealing with a citizen who misbehaved.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 08:37:11 PM »
This is a discussion and debate forum. What are you expecting, a blow job?
Floyd's death was one of the major news stories of the last year. It impacted how businesses operate, how media operates, how some people view the police. His death did have a major impact on the world. Biden was not being hyperbolic. That's not debatable. That is not the same thing as saying his death changed the justice system. That should be obvious by the fact that they both said that Chauvin's conviction was a small step.

And the social contract for that is jailtime. Not sure how to make it any simpler for you. The punishment doesn't match the crime. That was the issue here. You keep saying you're not justifying what happened to Floyd , then you go and attempt to justify it.  IT IS NOT A TWO WAY STREET.   A cop doesn't get carte blanche to misbehave because they are dealing with a citizen who misbehaved.

You ignore basic facts to argue. That's what I meant by that statement.

Floyd being one of the biggest storIes of the year is the problem. MSM pandering to the blacks to get them to stay in their lane is what it's really about.

Thanks for confirming what I've been saying all along.

Everyone but you knows IT IS A TWO WAY STREET.

Every single incident if "police brutality" involved a suspect that was resisting arrest.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 10:10:35 AM »

Floyd being one of the biggest storIes of the year is the problem. MSM pandering to the blacks to get them to stay in their lane is what it's really about.

Every single incident if "police brutality" involved a suspect that was resisting arrest.

LOL You haven't been able to confirm anything you've said, I sure didn't confirm anything you said.

And here you go again trying to justify. The job literally exists because it's not a two way street.  A major part of the job is dealing with people in crisis, so for you to keep repeating this is ridiculous. It's like if someone didn't pay taxes for a year, then when the IRS came after them, they seized all of their property and belongings and had them thrown in jail for life, even though that's not the remedy for their situation on the books. When someone says that's excessive, you say they actually broke tax law, so it's justified. Nooooo.  At best they deserve reasonable punishment- payback what they owe, maybe serve a few years. That's how it works. Just because someone breaks the law doesn't mean that anything that happens to them down the road is on the table. It's not a complicated concept.

And, no, that's not true about every single incident involving a suspect resisting arrest.There was Jonathan Price, who was walking away from a fight that he broke up and was killed as he was leaving because the officer thought he was drunk. Then there was Patrick Lynn Warren whose family called for a mental health check and he was killed because he was waving his empty hands.  Breonna Taylor was killed in her own home as a result of an improperly executed search warrant.  You yourself started a thread on Ahmaud Arbery. All of these occurred last year.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2021, 10:25:54 AM »

It's really not a 2-way street, but instead 2 separate streets.  A person's choice to resist arrest and rules for using deadly force when someone resists arrest are 2 different things.   

I think I get the principle of what you are saying.  If people didn't arrest they wouldn't put themselves in a position to get harmed or even killed.  Which is true.  But we know that some people will still resist arrest and police need to follow the set procedures to the letter what a person does. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2021, 10:30:27 AM »
It's really not a 2-way street, but instead 2 separate streets.  A person's choice to resist arrest and rules for using deadly force when someone resists arrest are 2 different things.   

I think I get the principle of what you are saying.  If people didn't arrest they wouldn't put themselves in a position to get harmed or even killed.  Which is true.  But we know that some people will still resist arrest and police need to follow the set procedures to the letter what a person does.

That is the jist if what I am saying...

I agree with most of your points here and can appreciate your well thought out (and level headed) response.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2021, 04:02:47 PM »
That is the jist if what I am saying...

I agree with most of your points here and can appreciate your well thought out (and level headed) response.

No, it's actually closer to what I'm saying. Parts of it are just things I said earlier in the thread, slightly re-worded. I'm not convinced you're dumb enough not to realize that. And I guess thanking him for being well thought out and level headed is also your attempt at passive aggression directed at me, so let me say from the bottom of my heart that I'm sorry you thought I was mean to you and it prevented you from grasping basic common sense. Based on your angry and immature posts throughout the thread, I guess I'm not sure why such a tonal deviation resonates with you so much.  ???

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 06:05:20 PM »

No, it's actually closer to what I'm saying. Parts of it are just things I said earlier in the thread, slightly re-worded. I'm not convinced you're dumb enough not to realize that. And I guess thanking him for being well thought out and level headed is also your attempt at passive aggression directed at me, so let me say from the bottom of my heart that I'm sorry you thought I was mean to you and it prevented you from grasping basic common sense. Based on your angry and immature posts throughout the thread, I guess I'm not sure why such a tonal deviation resonates with you so much.  ???

Woah, man. Calm down. Nothing in that reply had anything to do with you.

I think you need a break from here....go read a book or something.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2021, 12:39:54 PM »
Woah, man. Calm down. Nothing in that reply had anything to do with you.

I think you need a break from here....go read a book or something.

Yeah,  I sounded absolutely unhinged. This isn't 2nd-grade level gaslighting at all.  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2021, 04:13:43 PM »
Yeah,  I sounded absolutely unhinged. This isn't 2nd-grade level gaslighting at all.  ::)

You do sound unhinged... gaslighting??

It's really not that serious.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2021, 09:42:27 PM »
You do sound unhinged... gaslighting??

It's really not that serious.

At this point, I guess you feel like just getting the last word  will be some sort of pyrrhic victory.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »
Nothing changed, hope this helps.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2021, 10:49:21 AM »
Nothing changed, hope this helps.

It's a shame that all the pandering by the libtards and Harris Administration gets people to think 'real change' is occurring.

Meanwhile, this panderinng helps to keep the people in control, preventing them from realizing that real change is taking responsibility and accountability for their own actions.

Dems love to make people feel incapable.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2021, 04:29:01 PM »
what are Dindus?

It is just another unpleasant slang word referring to black folks. You can pretty much call black folks anything and get away with it as long as you don't call them n.i.g.g.e.r.s. It's ridiculous.