Author Topic: Buffy and gang #metoo'd by Joss Whedon  (Read 1388 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Buffy and gang #metoo'd by Joss Whedon
« on: May 10, 2021, 02:53:16 PM »
https://movieweb.com/joss-whedon-rules-michelle-trachtenberg-buffy-vampire-slayer/

https://movieweb.com/charisma-carpenter-accuses-joss-whedon-misconduct/

"Joss Whedon abused his power on numerous occasions while working together on the sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. While he found his misconduct amusing, it only served to intensify my performance anxiety, disempower me, and alienate me from my peers. The disturbing incidents triggered a chronic physical condition from which I still suffer. It is with a beating, heavy heart that I say I coped in isolation and, at times, destructively."
Q

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Buffy and gang #metoo'd by Joss Whedon
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »
It isn't about his dick, he was just a dick

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
One of the positives to the pandemic is that it has really shown us that we do not need Hollywood at all.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 04:11:16 PM »
No one is safe.

Everyone is a victim.

The rate at which we’re imploding is absolutely shocking.

At least Megadeth’s David Ellefson is living a life of godliness ... Oh ... Okay, never mind ...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 04:19:30 PM »
Buffy was done by the time Tractenberg arrived. They were trying to spice a show that had lost its mojo. The cast were in their 30s by then, and the whole thing ran on Gellar's mousiness. Yeah, it was kinda skeezy having a 15yo girl parading around skimpy tho.

On the other hand, Buffy is a show about a high school girl in skimpy outfits, and she also kills vampires, so not a lot of leeway for pearl clutching.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 09:43:45 PM »
I recall Sarah Michelle Gellar starring in the Buffie The Vampire Slayer series, maybe around 2002, and a bit beyond that, although I never watched the show, aside from snippets I would catch on the TV if someone else in my house happened to be watching it at the time.

Is Sarah Michelle Gellar still involved with it?  I often wonder what happens to these beautiful young women who were essentially hired in Hollywood for their beauty, and then sort of get thrown to the wolves after they hit their shelf life [which is, what, 30 years of age in Hollywood?].

Hollywood is an unforgiving industry in this regard, and I think it takes a special talent to stay in the industry for decades, in demand, without ending up battered or destroyed by the process.

I have no guilt admitting that I was happy to see the Academy Awards [Oscars] get an audience of only 9.85 million this year [a record low!!!], down from something like 25 or so million in 2020 [it may have been 40 million, but I don't think so - I'm recalling closer to the 27 million range].

In the mid 1990s [I think somewhere between the 1994 Academy Awards presentation to the 1996 Academy Awards presentation [my hunch is 1994], the presentation attracted an audience of around one BILLION people, yes - one BILLION, with a B.

Conclusion [IMO]:

It was just a matter of time before pushing wokeness and unscientific PC bullshit to the masses before they just joke sick of it.  Sick of it all, and it was only a matter of time before people started to unintentionally boycott [but essentially ultimately do the same thing], by finding media creators who are not obsessed with putting politics in our faces 24/7, even if they lose business in the process.

I'm up for watching a new Hollywood production from time to time, but only if I read enough about it at first, and can be quite confident that it isn't trying to shove some SJW political agenda down my throat, while lying to me and gaslighting me about how amazing non-Whites are, and that mass immigration must be accelerated, because diversity is our greatest "strength", while the people who say this live in a neighourhood that is 98% White, and would NEVER tolerate any problems from "people of colour" if they were supposed to live near them.

In a nutshell, I want Hollywood to be here to entertain us - NOT to dictate to us politics or other agendas.  And at LEAST if they MUST shove politics down our throats, is it asking too much that they take a rational and realistic outlook, rather than spew garbage about a fake gender pay gap which does NOT exist, or a fake "Rape Culture" which does NOT exist in Canada or the USA or anywhere in Western Civilization, and "institutional discrimination" against women which does NOT exist in Canada?

These people are literally so out of touch with reality that I have no idea what approach to take in terms of communicating with them, that would produce any rapport between us.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 01:41:42 AM »
No one is safe.

Everyone is a victim.

The rate at which we’re imploding is absolutely shocking.

At least Megadeth’s David Ellefson is living a life of godliness ... Oh ... Okay, never mind ...

Poor pastor Dave, mashing his meat muppet on camera to young girls, never works out for them in the end.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 02:50:31 AM »

Angel was better. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 02:53:18 AM »
Darla was hotter

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 03:00:52 AM »
One of the positives to the pandemic is that it has really shown us that we do not need Hollywood at all.
Yep.

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 05:51:15 AM »
I recall Sarah Michelle Gellar starring in the Buffie The Vampire Slayer series, maybe around 2002, and a bit beyond that, although I never watched the show, aside from snippets I would catch on the TV if someone else in my house happened to be watching it at the time.

Is Sarah Michelle Gellar still involved with it?  I often wonder what happens to these beautiful young women who were essentially hired in Hollywood for their beauty, and then sort of get thrown to the wolves after they hit their shelf life [which is, what, 30 years of age in Hollywood?].

Hollywood is an unforgiving industry in this regard, and I think it takes a special talent to stay in the industry for decades, in demand, without ending up battered or destroyed by the process.

I have no guilt admitting that I was happy to see the Academy Awards [Oscars] get an audience of only 9.85 million this year [a record low!!!], down from something like 25 or so million in 2020 [it may have been 40 million, but I don't think so - I'm recalling closer to the 27 million range].

In the mid 1990s [I think somewhere between the 1994 Academy Awards presentation to the 1996 Academy Awards presentation [my hunch is 1994], the presentation attracted an audience of around one BILLION people, yes - one BILLION, with a B.

Conclusion [IMO]:

It was just a matter of time before pushing wokeness and unscientific PC bullshit to the masses before they just joke sick of it.  Sick of it all, and it was only a matter of time before people started to unintentionally boycott [but essentially ultimately do the same thing], by finding media creators who are not obsessed with putting politics in our faces 24/7, even if they lose business in the process.

I'm up for watching a new Hollywood production from time to time, but only if I read enough about it at first, and can be quite confident that it isn't trying to shove some SJW political agenda down my throat, while lying to me and gaslighting me about how amazing non-Whites are, and that mass immigration must be accelerated, because diversity is our greatest "strength", while the people who say this live in a neighourhood that is 98% White, and would NEVER tolerate any problems from "people of colour" if they were supposed to live near them.

In a nutshell, I want Hollywood to be here to entertain us - NOT to dictate to us politics or other agendas.  And at LEAST if they MUST shove politics down our throats, is it asking too much that they take a rational and realistic outlook, rather than spew garbage about a fake gender pay gap which does NOT exist, or a fake "Rape Culture" which does NOT exist in Canada or the USA or anywhere in Western Civilization, and "institutional discrimination" against women which does NOT exist in Canada?

These people are literally so out of touch with reality that I have no idea what approach to take in terms of communicating with them, that would produce any rapport between us.

Pretty sure she married that Freddie prince Jr fella and both quit Hollywood shortly after and live normal lives.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 10:10:23 AM »
I’m happy to say that I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 10:17:31 AM »
I’m happy to say that I never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer
You missed some classic acting and the best writing/production ever seen on television.  How do you live with yourself?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 10:59:47 AM »
Joss Whedon really liked the 15 year old Trachtenberg huh
Q