Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97506 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »
How quickly will women's BB become obsolete?  Will there be a Ms. Olympia bodybuilding competition in 2011?  Taking the look back to the early '80s is probably a good idea, but why do you need 4 classes for women that will look essentially the same?    

They wont, as having a bookend on each side of figure will help with the judges having a consistant look.  Bikini already looks much different than figure, fitness is slightly more muscular, and womens physique will be somewhere between figure and FBB, certainly closer to figure.

The public (not mainstream, but rather our own industry paying customers) have dictated loud and clear what they're willing to support and what they're not.

Yes, there will be the Ms. Olympia as we know it in 2011

This would be an example of what they should be looking for in the WPD...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »
They wont, as having a bookend on each side of figure will help with the judges having a consistant look.  Bikini already looks much different than figure, fitness is slightly more muscular, and womens physique will be somewhere between figure and FBB, certainly closer to figure.

The public (not mainstream, but rather our own indusrtry patying customers) have dictated loud and clear what they're willing to support and what they're not.

i can live with it but what do you do with iris chasing lenda?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 03:00:17 PM »
They wont, as having a bookend on each side of figure will help with the judges having a consistent look.  Bikini already looks much different than figure, fitness is slightly more muscular, and womens physique will be somewhere between figure and FBB, certainly closer to figure.

The public (not mainstream, but rather our own industry paying customers) have dictated loud and clear what they're willing to support and what they're not.

Chick - you're my new best friend.  (no homo)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
i can live with it but what do you do with iris chasing lenda?

Nothing.  It is what it is.  Iris will go down in history as one of the best FBB of all times.

We need to concern ourselves with the future and direction of the new division.  I can all but guarantee that the numbers for WPD will be equal to, if not greater than, the Bikini division...

Hate to quote Spock.... but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

We also have to be able to see the obvious, and the ROI factor.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »
Chick - you're my new best friend.  (no homo)

Thought you liked the big girls, Tre?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
Nothing.  It is what it is.  Iris will go doen in history as one of the best FBB of all times.

We need to concern ourselves with the future and direction of the new division.  I can all but guarantee that the numbers for WPD will be equal to, if not greater than, the Bikini division...

Hate to quote Spock....but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

We also have to be able to see the obvious, and the ROI factor. 

nope.  if iris tones down for the wpd...she will still bring the butch look but better muscle and good lines since she does have a small waist vs girls like cheryl brown and medina. how do you call it...a more muscled carla dunlap for the win?    you reward her and you drive WPD back to hardcore. i still say they are going to mess it up.  it's not like they  havent been down this road before.  this is nothing new...just another name.  the anja langers of the world should have always won ms olympia.  women will again push muscle in the wpd and the stupid judges will reward them.

this should be the template for wpd

keep the wpd girls in shoes, a level of elegance to it.  no shoes...and here we go again.       

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
Dorian Yates ,Bev Francis and IFBB judges ruined Bodybuilding for ever .

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
nope.  if iris tones down for the wpd...she will still bring the butch look but better muscle and good lines since she does have a small waist vs girls like cheryl brown and medina. how do you call it...a more muscled carla dunlap for the win?    you reward her and you drive WPD back to hardcore. i still say they are going to mess it up.  it's not like they  havent been down this road before.  this is nothing new...just another name.  the anja langers of the world should have always won ms olympia.  women will again push muscle in the wpd and the stupid judges will reward them.

this should be the template for wpd

keep the wpd girls in shoes, a level of elegance to it.  no shoes...and here we go again.        

The judging criteria will be very specific, and the scoring will reflect what the look is to be rewarded. I'm not sure anyone of Iris' stature would be able to tone it down enough to fit in....

This is not just another attempt to "tone down" FBB, it's an entirely different direction that they have never pulled the trigger on.... until now.

Because the smallest percentage of the judging will be on muscularity, anyone with excessive muscularity will automatically be scored down... other criteria will make up the vast majority of points... symmetry, proportion, shape, beauty, skin tone, presentation, etc...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »
excessive muscularity will automatically be scored down...other criteria will make up the vast majority of points...symmetry, proportion, shape, beauty, skin tone, presentation, etc...

They  should  use the  same criteria i men BB .

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 03:47:04 PM »
The judging criteria will be very specif, and the scoring will reflect what the look is to be rewarded. I'm not sure anyone of Iris' stature would be able to tone it down enough to fit in....

This is not just another attempt to "tone down" FBB, it's an entirely different direction that they have never pulled the trigger on....until now.

Because the smallest percentage of the judging will be on muscularity, anyone with excessive muscularity will automatically be scored down...other criteria will make up the vast majority of points...symmetry, proportion, shape, beauty, skin tone, presentation, etc...

ok chick...i'll take your word but you still arent a judge.

the criteria you listed doesnt even work at the figure level or you wouldn't have a tomboy shaped ms figure olympia...so who knows when the girls are allowed to hold a bit more muscle.

thanks.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »

They  should  use the  same criteria i men BB .

Tough to do with a sport called bodybuilding...as no guy has ever lost a competition because he was too muscular, nor should a woman...therin lies the paradox my friend, as the difference between man and woman starts to become obscure, ans thus, not accepted.

The problem with FBB from it's inception, is that it doesnt make any sense...it's like telling a runner they lose because they were "too fast"...

As far back as 1982, they were already having discussions about how the physiques were becoming "too muscular"....1982!! Within TWO years of it being put on the map, there were problems....I remember reading a whole article on how Laura Combs was pushing the envelope and they werent sure they wanted it (FBB) to go in that direction...she wouldnt win a figure contest today.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »

the criteria you listed doesnt even work at the figure level or you wouldn't have a tomboy shaped ms figure olympia...so who knows when the girls are allowed to hold a bit more muscle.

thanks.

Gotta respectfully disagree my friend...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 04:02:04 PM »
Gotta respectfully disagree my friend...

1st one photo-shopped
2nd one is a much better shot of her.  maybe she should be.  i just like cheryl's shape better.

::)

even with tears ronnie should have won #9...just a better bber.  also...on the euro tour he wasted jay a week later.  anyway...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
this better?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »

thanks.

If you're going to try making a point why don't you use a current photo.  ::)

This is what Ms. Figure Olympia looks like.

In my opinion, Juliana Malacarne is the look. Always told too big for figure but too small for bodybuilding.

Elevate Your Image.™

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 04:10:14 PM »
Juliana looks like she might be a contender, same for Ava Cowan

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »
If you're going to try making a point why don't you use a current photo.  ::)

This is what Ms. Figure Olympia looks like.

In my opinion, Juliana Malacarne is the look. Always told too big for figure but too small for bodybuilding.

fuck off schmoe-ticket.  they already say you got the hots for erin but she is out of your league.  

i'm cool with chick's photo.  like i said...i was wrong...based on the photo i posted.  i have no problem with erin. plus she's an excellent track n field athlete.  my bad...chick.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 04:16:03 PM »
fuck off schmoe-ticket.  they already say you got the hots for erin but she is out of your league.  

i'm cool with chick's photo.  like i said...i was wrong...based on the photo i posted.  i have no problem with erin. plus she's an excellent track n field athlete.  my bad...chick.  

No problem...but take it easy on Issac-o...he's good people

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 04:26:14 PM »
Then these competitions have become obsolete.

Why am I surprised.

Women BB will disappear completely into the fringes while more bikini bimbos stink up every known human bandwidth.

It's all about the muscle. Guys are pushing it to the physiological limit and being applauded no matter how ugly and the women that want to check it out too are being punished because guys are horrified by what the process does to their looks.  

It's not about cutting edge muscle competition the way it's marketed. It's $$$. BB has sacrificed one of its own again, but you cant argue with bean counters and numbers anymore, can you?

Hey Chick.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »
Then these competitions have become obsolete.

Why am I surprised.

Women BB will disappear completely into the fringes while more bikini bimbos stink up every known human bandwidth.

It's all about the muscle. Guys are pushing it to the physiological limit and being applauded no matter how ugly and the women that want to check it out too are being punished because guys are horrified by what the process does to their looks.  

It's not about cutting edge muscle competition the way it's marketed. It's $$$. BB has sacrificed one of its own again, but you cant argue with bean counters and numbers anymore, can you?

Hey Chick.

Hey.

I look at it slightly different...there are THOUSANDS of women who like training, like the idea of competing, and like the idea of being able to display and do a routine...but do not, under any circumstances, want to look like a FBB (as weve come to know)...they also do not want to be using make hormones.

So I look at it as creating opportunity for the many, and not preserving losing business for the few (OR THE NONE)...I've talked with literally hundereds of FBB, and nt too surprising, even THEY dont like what its become. We have girls turing pro, and electing NOT to compete because they're unwilling to do what it takes to achieve a look they dont want in the first place....

This new division will be a great chance for the many women who like to lift, and can have a reasonable amount of muscle and still be beautiful with full faces, sexy curves, and most importantly...acceptance by the public, by the industry.  Opportunities will come by way of endorsements, representation, exposure, etc...

just like the 202 has achieved....

Time to move with the times, ans start being part of the solution, not adding to the problem as we have done as a federation.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
Hey Chick.

It's absolutely about the money at the NPC level with greater numbers.  At the pro level it doesn't matter.  Women's sports don't sell with maybe the exception of women's tennis.  I will say, believe it or not, that women's BB is the most popular of all the women's events on the Olympia expo stage.  People who actually go to the show appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to build that level of muscularity.  Bikini girls will never get the same level of respect because they do relatively little in comparison to win a show.   

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 04:43:44 PM »
i was wrong...

Nothing new there.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »
It's absolutely about the money at the NPC level with greater numbers.  At the pro level it doesn't matter.  Women's sports don't sell with maybe the exception of women's tennis.  I will say, believe it or not, that women's BB is the most popular of all the women's events on the Olympia expo stage.  People who actually go to the show appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to build that level of muscularity.  Bikini girls will never get the same level of respect because they do relatively little in comparison to win a show.   

I can certainly appreciate it, but it doesnt change the facts.

I can appreciate a lot of sports, but have no interest in watching them, like the Marathon or the steeple chase

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
Hey.

I look at it slightly different...there are THOUSANDS of women who like training, like the idea of competing, and like the idea of being able to display and do a routine...but do not, under any circumstances, want to look like a FBB (as weve come to know)...they also do not want to be using make hormones.

So I look at it as creating opportunity for the many, and not preserving losing business for the few (OR THE NONE)...I've talked with literally hundereds of FBB, and nt too surprising, even THEY dont like what its become. We have girls turing pro, and electing NOT to compete because they're unwilling to do what it takes to achieve a look they dont want in the first place....

This new division will be a great chance for the many women who like to lift, and can have a reasonable amount of muscle and still be beautiful with full faces, sexy curves, and most importantly...acceptance by the public, by the industry.  Opportunities will come by way of endorsements, representation, exposure, etc...

just like the 202 has achieved....

Time to move with the times, ans start being part of the solution, not adding to the problem as we have done as a federation.

I know, I know. But it made me really sad to read that.

I chose not to compete because I wasn't prepared to take any drugs. I don't even take aspirin for a headache. I loved working out and folks at the gym were pushing me to take it to the next level but I knew it wasnt for me. Still love looking at the big girls though.  No homo.

;D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
Now this is better , still extreme but at least she doesnt have the manface and disgusting penoris bulge going on (yet)