Author Topic: A Mother's Forgiveness on the Gallows  (Read 21607 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
A Mother's Forgiveness on the Gallows
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »
I had to post this, ...it literally brought tears to my eyes.  :'(
It was originally posted in Italian, however, I've translated it into English below.

IL PERDONO DELLA MADRE SUL PATIBOLO
In Iran una mamma coraggiosa ha sospeso una condanna a morte, quella dell’assassino del proprio figlio. Secondo l’usanza, avrebbe dovuto spingere via la sedia del condannato, ma la donna si è limitata ad assestargli uno schiaffo, poi suo marito ha tolto il cappio dal collo del giovane assassino di 20 anni. L’esecuzione è stata sospesa e le mamme – del condannato e del ragazzo assassinato – si sono abbracciate. «Ora che l'ho perdonato mi sento sollevata», ha infine dichiarato la madre coraggiosa.

A MOTHER'S FORGIVENESS ON THE GALLOWS
In Iran, a courageous mother has suspended a death sentence for her son's killer. According to custom, she had to push away the offender's chair, but the woman limited herself instead to inflicting only a slap, then her husband removed the noose from the neck of the young 20 year old murderer. The execution was suspended and mothers (of the condemned and of the murdered boy) embraced. "Now that I have forgiven I feel relieved," declared the courageous mother.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: A Mother's Forgiveness on the Gallows
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »
she must not be so angry for her son then :-\

Innate wisdom must be a female thing.  :-\
w

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Innate wisdom must be a female thing.  :-\

Dear 24KT,  just on the newz: this new pro West Iranian prez is pushing for equal gender rights in Persia  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 11:17:40 PM »
i feel like she has done a selfish thing here

her son would have wanted to be avenged

instead she takes the easy way out to have a clear conscience

I think a far more accurate statement would be to say that if YOU'D been murdered, you'd want to be avenged.
Based on the actions of this couple (who raised their son) I'm not so sure he would have felt the same way.
I also don't think it was about having a clear conscience. This was about being free. Her son was dead.
Taking the life of another mother's child would not have brought him back, only heaped the same grief she was experiencing on another innocent mother. Too much death. She decided it was time for life to go on.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »
Dear 24KT,  just on the newz: this new pro West Iranian prez is pushing for equal gender rights in Persia  :)

Iran (formerly known as Persia) was a very Western secular country, until the USA interfered and orchestrated a coup in the 50's removing Mossadegh from power, and installing the Shah, and his savak secret police. The US backed & sponsored tyranny over the Iranians resulted in the Islamic Revolution that brought to power the Ayatollahs, and saw women's rights, as well as rights for all Iranians rolled back.

Close to 60 years later, and we're still feeling the repercussions. Blowback is a biyatch!!!
w

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »
Killing another won't bring her son back. Being angry won't bring her son back. Forgiving won't bring her son back, either, but at least it will lead her in the direction of coming to peace.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 04:49:03 PM »
He Murdered Her Only Son In Cold Blood, Now He’s Her Next-Door Neighbor, ...But It’s Even Crazier Than It Sounds.

April 30, 2014

It is surely one of the most powerful stories of forgiveness in modern history. In 1993, Oshea Israel shot and killed Laramiun Byrd, 20, Mary Johnson's only child.

For this crime, Israel spent 17 years in prison. But while Mary says she originally wanted only justice for the murder of her son, and viewed Israel as an "animal," she eventually learned that what she most yearned for was the healing power of forgiveness.

Now, after meeting several times while Israel was in prision, and at Mary's personal invitation, Israel is her next-door neighbor. He himself has begun to minister to other inmates about the power of forgiveness.

But it's even more extraordinary than that. "Some people think I'm psychotic for doing this, but I view us as mother and son," says Johnson. "I wear a locket-one side has a picture of me and Laramiun, the other side has Oshea. There's no act."

w