Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 743722 times)

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7775 on: July 23, 2021, 10:20:00 PM »
But Saylor said to HoDL. Can we let the hedge funds know to HoDL? Maybe send them Saylor’s videos?

Not so crazy to believe market behaviour will change when big money comes in. Like….I dunno…. say the parabolic peak gets chopped in half and there becomes massive incentive for a downside as low as possible…..

He also said he bought  google, apple, amazon and facebook at their very beginnings and made a shit tonne of money and those companies  cant compare to btc in his opinion. Saylor tried trading and lost money. He always maintained the view of hodling strong assets, BTC now being the apex asset moving towards the future.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7776 on: July 24, 2021, 04:57:55 AM »
He also said he bought  google, apple, amazon and facebook at their very beginnings and made a shit tonne of money and those companies  cant compare to btc in his opinion. Saylor tried trading and lost money. He always maintained the view of hodling strong assets, BTC now being the apex asset moving towards the future.

Hedgefunds have bet big on MicroStrategy Incorporated. Sounds bullish for bitcoin, but what does it really mean?

You have big buyers with a mutually beneficial interest to manipulate the price of bitcoin to best suit their needs.

How often did Saylor tweet he'd bought a bunch of bitcoin only for the price crash? Which is more believable? Saylor was unlucky and bought the peaks or there was coordinated market manipulation going on by some very wealthy and clever individuals?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7777 on: July 24, 2021, 05:57:13 AM »

Saylor has the ability to look himself in the mirror and admit that he was wrong. I respect that. So many people cannot bring themselves to do it.

How foolish was it to "trade" Amazon back in the early 2000s when you could have simply held?

You can slap people across the face with the fundamentals of BTC, the infrastructure being built and the big time money being invested and yet they still try to "time the market"  ::) with hopes to dump it at a short term future date.

In the words of the legendary Nautilus founder Arthur Jones - "It's stupid as hell"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7778 on: July 24, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »
Saylor has the ability to look himself in the mirror and admit that he was wrong. I respect that. So many people cannot bring themselves to do it.

How foolish was it to "trade" Amazon back in the early 2000s when you could have simply held?

You can slap people across the face with the fundamentals of BTC, the infrastructure being built and the big time money being invested and yet they still try to "time the market"  ::) with hopes to dump it at a short term future date.

In the words of the legendary Nautilus founder Arthur Jones - "It's stupid as hell"

Only a fool would compare a stock like Amazon to something like Bitcoin, so it's no surprise it's you making the comparison.

When was the last time Amazon stock price dropped over 50% or doubled in price over a couple of months?

Gotta love the cult like delusion. Are you also a scientologist?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7779 on: July 24, 2021, 06:16:14 PM »
Only a fool would compare a stock like Amazon to something like Bitcoin, so it's no surprise it's you making the comparison.

When was the last time Amazon stock price dropped over 50% or doubled in price over a couple of months?

Very different assets and dynamics. But I think the point is, not to confuse (or be deterred) between short term volatility and a long term trend. The birth of an entirely new asset class (and indeed an entirely new global monetary system, replacing the state as the decider of how humans store value and exchange value) is bound to be volatile during the birth and infancy stages...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7780 on: July 24, 2021, 06:35:35 PM »
Very different assets and dynamics. But I think the point is, not to confuse (or be deterred) between short term volatility and a long term trend. The birth of an entirely new asset class (and indeed an entirely new global monetary system, replacing the state as the decider of how humans store value and exchange value) is bound to be volatile during the birth and infancy stages...

Nah the point was you should hodl and that's the only way to do it.

The maxis and hodlers on here don't believe in ever taking any profit. They even referenced you as an example of the hodl strategy.

I didn't correct them and say that you sold and actually took some profit along the way. In their opinion this strategy is a surefire way to lose money. You're one of the "fools" Gib!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7781 on: July 25, 2021, 12:27:33 AM »
LoL

Gib is a good guy, he is a nice maxi  :D

HoDL has risk. Just ask the XRP HoDLers who are back in a bear market again.

I’ve said this before that the 64k top was supposed to be a 130k+ parabolic peak. It Got cut in half to enable distribution at a higher ave price for whales so they could dump into retail. Even today after a 53% nuke and 2 months of bleeding retail dry, plebs still argue it can’t be a top because it wasn’t parabolic.

If we had a 130k parabolic spike does anyone really think they’d be in right now? Just because we didn’t get that shape doesn’t mean the retail FOMO didn’t happen.

Americans are already complaining over KYC on overseas exchanges kissing their 100x leverage goodbye. So if we got to 64k with 100x leverage in play and now it’s 25x…… you begin to see the risk involved and That’s before they go hard after Tether and close down unregulated personal wallets.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7782 on: July 25, 2021, 02:34:43 AM »

Amazon traded down 80% on 5 occasions and down 95% on 1 occasion. 25 years later amazon trades at $3500. Baring any black swan event we wont see those draw downs again. Amazon has matured in that time. The question is, the fastest growing network with adoption rising at an exponential rate, where do you see Btc in 25 years from its inception (2033)? $3500?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7783 on: July 25, 2021, 05:11:24 AM »
Americans are already complaining over KYC on overseas exchanges kissing their 100x leverage goodbye. So if we got to 64k with 100x leverage in play and now it’s 25x…… you begin to see the risk involved and That’s before they go hard after Tether and close down unregulated personal wallets.

FTX just announced 15mins ago they are reducing leverage.

Max allowable is now 20x

Other exchanges will follow.

Jakobslander

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7784 on: July 25, 2021, 05:54:37 AM »
Americans are already complaining over KYC on overseas exchanges[...]

But, but, but... Bitcoin is decentralized! And un-confiscatable!

Meanwhile the Justice Department keeps having BTC liquidation rounds every week and the US government keeps rounding up all the addresses and uncovering who is behind them. And then, out of the blue, one day:

I tell you what... Tone Vays' and Willy Woo's bunker better be deep enough because people are going to be looking for them.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7785 on: July 25, 2021, 06:19:10 AM »
But, but, but... Bitcoin is decentralized! And un-confiscatable!

Meanwhile the Justice Department keeps having BTC liquidation rounds every week and the US government keeps rounding up all the addresses and uncovering who is behind them. And then, out of the blue, one day:

I tell you what... Tone Vays' and Willy Woo's bunker better be deep enough because people are going to be looking for them.

Ah so it's all been set up and ran by some guy behind a curtain who controls the network and will swoop in and snatch our satoshis up at any given moment  :D

Jakobslander

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7786 on: July 25, 2021, 06:33:53 AM »
Ah so it's all been set up and ran by some guy behind a curtain who controls the network and will swoop in and snatch our satoshis up at any given moment  :D

Damn, that's what you got from my comment?

LOL

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7787 on: July 25, 2021, 07:08:22 AM »
Amazon traded down 80% on 5 occasions and down 95% on 1 occasion. 25 years later amazon trades at $3500. Baring any black swan event we wont see those draw downs again. Amazon has matured in that time. The question is, the fastest growing network with adoption rising at an exponential rate, where do you see Btc in 25 years from its inception (2033)? $3500?

Those crashes were in the early days of Amazon or as a result of dotcom or 2008.

What event caused bitcoin to dump? There are no definitive answers.

There are very few definitive answers when it comes to bitcoin. Is it currency? A store or value? A hedge against a financial crash? decentralized? There are holes in any pro bitcoin argument. Will we get to the point where we live in a digital world and bitcoin becomes a "collectors item"? I wouldn't actually bet against that.

Does Bitcoin have the best minds in the cryptospace working on it's development. Not really, most of them are tied to Ethereum. Your point about adoption rising at an exponential rate. That's not unique to bitcoin and bitcoin has yet to meet its biggest challengers. Government coins.

All we know for certain is Bitcoin was first and the price occasionally rockets up and flash crashes.

Despite all that, I am actually bullish on bitcoin right now. Not because I believe in it, but because of the recent monster filing dumped on the DTCC website. It looks like they intend to actually start regulating the US financial markets. The game will be over for a lot of the big players/manipulators and I can only see them taking their game to one place..

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7788 on: July 25, 2021, 07:11:09 AM »
This explains hodl mentality better than anything I've seen

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7789 on: July 25, 2021, 11:00:45 AM »
$30 Billion State-Managed Pension Fund Invests in Publicly Traded Bitcoin Miners

New Jersey’s pension fund has gained indirect exposure to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies by investing in their mining companies.

The pension fund with $30 billion in total assets of its state employees took stakes in two of the biggest names, Riot Blockchain and Marathon Digital Holdings.

According to the state-managed pension fund’s disclosure documents, Common Pension Fund D had $3.66 million in Riot Blockchain and $3.39 million in Marathon at the end of June.

RIOT stocks are currently trading at $28.10, down 64% from mid-February all-time high of $77.90, but still up nearly 12% YTD. As for MARA shares, at $24.64, it is down 56.4% from its early April peak of $56.56 but still up 13.6% YTD.

This is New Jersey’s first allocation in the crypto sector, with other state-pension schemes also getting warmer to crypto in recent months, particularly California through its largest public pension in the U.S.

At the end of last year, California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS), with $441 billion in assets, bought more RIOT shares for the first time since 2017 and was holding 113,034 shares in RIOT worth just under $2 million at the time.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/30-billion-state-managed-pension-fund-invests-in-publicly-traded-bitcoin-miners/

Jakobslander

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7790 on: July 25, 2021, 11:19:55 AM »
$30 Billion State-Managed Pension Fund Invests in Publicly Traded Bitcoin Miners

New Jersey’s pension fund has gained indirect exposure to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies by investing in their mining companies.

The pension fund with $30 billion in total assets of its state employees took stakes in two of the biggest names, Riot Blockchain and Marathon Digital Holdings.

According to the state-managed pension fund’s disclosure documents, Common Pension Fund D had $3.66 million in Riot Blockchain and $3.39 million in Marathon at the end of June.

RIOT stocks are currently trading at $28.10, down 64% from mid-February all-time high of $77.90, but still up nearly 12% YTD. As for MARA shares, at $24.64, it is down 56.4% from its early April peak of $56.56 but still up 13.6% YTD.

This is New Jersey’s first allocation in the crypto sector, with other state-pension schemes also getting warmer to crypto in recent months, particularly California through its largest public pension in the U.S.

At the end of last year, California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS), with $441 billion in assets, bought more RIOT shares for the first time since 2017 and was holding 113,034 shares in RIOT worth just under $2 million at the time.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/30-billion-state-managed-pension-fund-invests-in-publicly-traded-bitcoin-miners/

This is getting batshit crazy.

Why don't they just come out of the Bitcoin closet and say "we bought a shitload of BTC."

I know the SEC is all up on they b-ness with the announcements but this "miners" and "OTC" bullshit is getting stoopid. It's like me saying "yeah, I bought stock of a company that sells to Amazon."

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7791 on: July 25, 2021, 12:03:10 PM »
This is getting batshit crazy.

Why don't they just come out of the Bitcoin closet and say "we bought a shitload of BTC."

I know the SEC is all up on they b-ness with the announcements but this "miners" and "OTC" bullshit is getting stoopid. It's like me saying "yeah, I bought stock of a company that sells to Amazon."

Calm down and let's look deeper. Remember this was a maxi posting this. One that's a complete brain dead fool and incapable of any critical thinking.

This pension fund holds nearly 2000 stocks.

Just to put things into perspective it also holds some speculative and highly volatile stocks, often called meme stocks. Their volatility make bitcoin look like a stablecoin.

They hold $13 million worth of AMC and $8 million worth of Gamestop (meme stocks). Now look at their bitcoin mining investments again. It's peanuts and not news worthy at all.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7792 on: July 25, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »
Amazon is "definitely" in. Also plans in place for their own coin at some point.

https://www.cityam.com/amazon-definitely-lining-up-bitcoin-payments-and-token-confirms-insider/

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7793 on: July 25, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »
LoL

Gib is a good guy, he is a nice maxi  :D

HoDL has risk. Just ask the XRP HoDLers who are back in a bear market again.

:) Thanks for those kind words. :)

Well it is true that last time around in 2018 I sold. (I yes I did disclose that here at the time). My rationale was that there was such a parabolic upward trend that when the "pop" occurred, there would be significant downside. So basically all my coins I had bought at around 3500 I sold after 6 months for around 16000 - one of my best ever ROI's. That sale did not change my view on any of the fundamental qualities of Bitcoin (which I had PAINSTAKINGLY explained to Mr Anabolic). But it was an opportunity to take a nice profit and then rebuy. That one move enabled me to significantly increase the number of coins I had on the rebuy...

This time around, I am pretty much determined to HODL long term (as in at least until the next halvening and the year thereafter, 2025ish). So, I didn't sell at 60, or 65K, and I don't think I would have sold at 100K. Now, having said all that, if I saw a similar parabolic move to something like what happened end of 2017 (for example 400K by end of this year), then yes, something like that would tempt me to take some gains. But even then, I would never entirely sell everything, ever.

But still, for me tBTC s is a long term bet on a one way move (with unpredictable volatility in-between). So, whilst I can say with certainty there will be vol along the way, and whilst I am willing to make a very sure bet on a long term upward direction over time, I don't pretend to myself that I am able to predict the direction and timing for short term movements.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7794 on: July 25, 2021, 09:26:35 PM »
Wonder how many short term traders there are here vs hodlers?

Some I suspect have probably have more in and outs that Vince's (CSN MFT BTC) anus...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7795 on: July 25, 2021, 09:37:12 PM »
Wonder how many short term traders there are here vs hodlers?

Some have probably have more in and outs that Vince's anus...

I'd call myself a midterm trader. I've sold 90% of the max investment I was willing to put in crypto twice in the last 5 years. Other times I've speculated buying and selling smaller amounts hoping to land a hail mary.

Gib wtf is going on right now in Asia? Has someone major been liquidated? Possibly another Archegos situation?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7796 on: July 25, 2021, 09:50:07 PM »
Yep shorters just got blown the fuck up! BTC wick on binance hit 48k in a crazy short squeeze!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/HsakaTrades/status/1419464103853125632

It was on 4chan again. LMAO

https://boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/39159243/you-will-witness-the-biggest-short-squeeze-in

Crazy bullish news about Amazon possibly jumping into crypto, followed by a short squeeze that was predicted on 4chan. God tier manipulation and trolling to do this twice now!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7797 on: July 26, 2021, 12:24:08 AM »
I'd call myself a midterm trader. I've sold 90% of the max investment I was willing to put in crypto twice in the last 5 years. Other times I've speculated buying and selling smaller amounts hoping to land a hail mary.

Gib wtf is going on right now in Asia? Has someone major been liquidated? Possibly another Archegos situation?

I literally called a top trader from a fund in Hong Kong only an hour ago. Well according to hom, 3 things. First a major developer in China is massively over-leveraged, and we may see bond defaults (and a cascading effect).

Second is the increased Government intervention on all aspects related to tech, and now more recently other sectors such as education.

Third is China increasing isolate itself from the world, as the world response to its aggressive actions. Eventually that isolation harms trade and that harms GDP.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7798 on: July 26, 2021, 12:27:21 AM »
Yep shorters just got blown the fuck up! BTC wick on binance hit 48k in a crazy short squeeze!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/HsakaTrades/status/1419464103853125632

It was on 4chan again. LMAO

https://boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/39159243/you-will-witness-the-biggest-short-squeeze-in

Crazy bullish news about Amazon possibly jumping into crypto, followed by a short squeeze that was predicted on 4chan. God tier manipulation and trolling to do this twice now!

...Squeezed harder than back when Vince's (CSN MFT BTC) sphincter was de-flowered...

Sorry, could not resist. :)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7799 on: July 26, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »
I literally called a top trader from a fund in Hong Kong only an hour ago. Well according to hom, 3 things. First a major developer in China is massively over-leveraged, and we may see bond defaults (and a cascading effect).

Second is the increased Government intervention on all aspects related to tech, and now more recently other sectors such as education.

Third is China increasing isolate itself from the world, as the world response to its aggressive actions. Eventually that isolation harms trade and that harms GDP.

Good info gib

Ties in with stuff Flex has said and other things I have come across but that’s more China trying to distance outside impacts on their own market.

Notice how when US loosens fiscal and monetary policy China tightens. Now the US is looking to taper,  China has just started to open its wallet. Opposite flows makes one wonder if. Hi a loosening now is getting ready for another overseas buying spree?

Awesome pump. I always wondered if this would happen because it’s too delicious going up multiple long resistance points. Illiquid market they pumped like crazy shows you just how easy it is to smash price up. People should be asking ‘if they could do this all along, why didn’t they send it to 42.2k to new liquidity order book weeks ago?’. Does make me wonder what liquidity is left because they just wrecked retail again 😂

I got a chuckle about Amazon because it has been a running piss take meme for a few weeks now.

Bulls always bang on about adoption so bears started position on twitter ‘such and such to announce bitcoin purchase’ as a joke but then make out it was serious. It would get retweeted as a joke
To see which idiots would think it was real.

See the Apple one last week? I saw the original piss take tweet and it got picked up by major media LOL. So they did it with Amazon and the bots grabbed it again and media is posting it as truth lol.

Shows how wrecked our media is. They use bots to scrap tweets and then run clickbait titles because it generates clicks and ad revenue.

But no, no one has purchased and it is one gigantic meme pisstake.