Getbig Female Info Boards > Womens Physique, Bodybuilding, Wellness and Training

FBB's...what made you start bodybuilding?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hedgehog:

--- Quote from: INSOMNIA on October 09, 2006, 02:37:06 PM ---Addiction to weight training I guess? Love to lift, be in the gym...I put on muscle very quickly in the first 3 years, without even eating or training right. Put on 20lbs of muscle in the 1st year. Competing just kinda followed. I had no intention of competing when I started...I didnt like the look of most pro female competitors at that time. (late 90s, when the look was at the most extreme.) They were getting alot of coverage in the magazines at the time though, which motivated me to compete. Not so anymore.... I have lost my enthusiasm a bit, and all the dieting takes its toll after a while. Might be time for a break.
1st intention was to compete in fitness, (this was before figure)but couldnt hang with the routines, no gymnastics background, and just got too big for that anyway

--- End quote ---

Why not give powerlifting a year? A nice break from the regular routine.

There is raw lifting federations available, and USAPL, the biggest drug-tested federation (the IPF associate) allows for single-ply only.

YIP
Zack

Chamorrita:
I always loved athletic physiques growing up.  I read through this book/autobiography of Arnold and loved all of the pictures.  I always hung out at an athletic club as a kid and all of the bodybuilders worked there or worked out there.  They actually showed bb competitions on tv and made a tv movie on women's bb....and I loved it.  This is where the seeds were planted.  I worked out to get stronger for sport activities during school.  I got serious later on in my twenties while working out with some friends who were competitors and one of them joked that I would make a great lightweight champ.  I thought it was a great idea because I'd always loved the look and the hard work it took to achieve that kind of physique.  I started competing and the rest is history.

INSOMNIA:

--- Quote from: Hedgehog on October 09, 2006, 03:59:44 PM ---Why not give powerlifting a year? A nice break from the regular routine.

There is raw lifting federations available, and USAPL, the biggest drug-tested federation (the IPF associate) allows for single-ply only.

YIP
Zack

--- End quote ---

I have thought about it, but benching even light weight hurts my shoulders and collarbone. I cant seem to do regular deads without smashing the bar into my shins and knees....either Im built all wrong for it or someone needs to work with me on form, or the only thing I'd be good at is squatting. Powerlifting never really appealed to me...that style of training, the one rep max, all the suits and gear u gotta wear. I like the hardcore approach to training though!!

injuryprone:
Maybe olympic lifts,

Chamorrita:
Does anyone remember watching this movie? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51uWRxJYnY

This was the tv movie I mentioned that got me turned on to bodybuilding.  There are a lot of famous women featured here.  It was called "Getting Physical."  I think that Alexandra Paul was the star in it.  She has stayed so fit over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version