Author Topic: Tendon probelms and advice  (Read 2270 times)

ThatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Gravity is overrated
Tendon probelms and advice
« on: December 19, 2006, 12:06:09 AM »
For the last year of so, my tendons on both pecs have been feelin like they are gettin pulled when i do heavy chest. The tendon right where the chest and shoulder come togeter like by the armpit......My muslces feel like I can go muuuch heavier but my tendons wont have any of it....its like they are givin away....im afraid one day I will tear something....Do I just need to rest or strech or is there anything I can do to help this...I am 'on' so thats prolly part of the probelm just sucks knowing u can move alot more then ur tendons will let you....any advice thanks guys

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: Tendon probelms and advice
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:12:53 AM »
stretch and warmup.  Obviously.

Are you juicing?  If so it may be that the muscles are growing faster than the tendons can keep up with.  Glucoamine may also help, keeps joints and tendons healthy.
It hasn't helped...

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: Tendon probelms and advice
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:04:30 AM »
For the last year of so, my tendons on both pecs have been feelin like they are gettin pulled when i do heavy chest. The tendon right where the chest and shoulder come togeter like by the armpit......My muslces feel like I can go muuuch heavier but my tendons wont have any of it....its like they are givin away....im afraid one day I will tear something....Do I just need to rest or strech or is there anything I can do to help this...I am 'on' so thats prolly part of the probelm just sucks knowing u can move alot more then ur tendons will let you....any advice thanks guys
It happened to me when I was training to bench competition. It happened because was training heavy bench 2x a week, my muscles recovered but my tendons couldn't recover. I took Voltaren and decided to do only one heavy training of chest per week. After 3 weeks I was ok, although I could heal it before the competition.
S