Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 103216 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
Question: Mr. President, at a speech Friday that many of us covered, Vice President Biden said the following thing about a conversation the two of you had in the Oval Office about a subject he didn’t disclose.

“If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, if we stand up there and we really make the tough decisions, there’s still a 30 percent chance we’re going to get it wrong.”

Since the vice president brought it up, can you tell the American people, sir, what you were talking about? And if not, can you at least reassure them it wasn’t the stimulus bill or the bank rescue plan and if, in general, you agree with that ratio of success, 30 percent failure, 70 percent success?

Obama: You know, I don’t remember exactly what Joe was referring to…

(LAUGHTER)

… not surprisingly.

L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
Courtesy of The Coach:

The vice president made a techie gaffe Wednesday as he asked an aide to tell him a Web site's "number," stirring questions online whether he knows how the Web works.

Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with overseeing the $787 billion stimulus package, has been having a little trouble with his "numbers."

During an interview on CBS' "Early Show" on Wednesday, Biden told viewers to check out a government-run Web site tracking stimulus spending, but admitted he was embarrassed because he couldn't remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 10:34:26 AM »
This will turn outy to be a very long thread......but Cheney sucked right?

In your dreams helmet head. 27 replies in 5 months... and one to poke fun at you?
That's hardly a long thread. Even Pee Wee herman sees more action than that.  ::)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
He has been vice-president for one month Einstein.   ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »
This douchebag also managed to get caught himself cheating in both college and law school for all those who dont know.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »
This douchebag also managed to get caught himself cheating in both college and law school for all those who dont know.

Decades-old academic performance only matters when we're talking about John McCain or Sarah Palin.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »
Decades-old academic performance only matters when we're talking about John McCain or Sarah Palin.  ::)

...don't forget Bush Jr, ...and of course the President... President Obama. People liked his academic record.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
oh yeah... he was beyond pissed... You know obama melted on him the minute they got offstage.  Biden is an immature man.  He's very experienced and intelligent... he just goofs off too much.  You gotta be a little pretentious to be a solid leader/spokesman, a bit of a politically correct phony.  biden's just too damn honest.

BIDEN INTELLIGENT?Wow,a guy who thinks Delware can beat Ohio State in football intelligent?A guy that says "dam the science steroids need to be banned".He is the biggest dullard in the senate.Those gaffs are not gaffs,thats his intelligence on display.Check out his grades from college.Bush laughs at those grades.He is a dope.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
...don't forget Bush Jr, ...and of course the President... President Obama. People liked his academic record.

The one who graduated from Harvard and Yale?  Yeah I remember him. 

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »
He has been vice-president for one month Einstein.   ::)

Exactly...  this thread is going to get a LOT longer over the course of the next 4 years.

And like Mimnaugh said--Biden's "gaffes" aren't just cute, endearing slips of the tongue, they're him manifesting his stupidity. 

And George Whorewell--I certainly do remember Biden's cheating, lying and plagiarism--they're what deep-sixed his unsuccessful 1988 presidential bid.  He lied about college degrees and plagiarized other people's speeches for his campaign.

Biden's an idiot and how he ever managed to become the VP I'll never understand but it doesn't do much to affirm my confidence in our "democratic" system.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »

The one who did better then Kerry u mean...oh yeah. More liberal bullshit brought to u by America's hat.
L

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »

The one who did better then Kerry u mean...oh yeah. More liberal bullshit brought to u by America's hat.

LOL ;D

And hats aren't supposed to talk...  they're just supposed to sit up there and look nice.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 07:25:56 PM »
LOL ;D

And hats aren't supposed to talk...  they're just supposed to sit up there and look nice.

Who say's hats aren't suppose to talk?
Someone obviously forgot to tell these babies ...'cause they're speaking volumes

then there's...

Not all hats are winners, and Princess Beatrice seems to know that, as she does her best impression of the little girl form the "Exorcist." Maybe she thought snarling at the camera would draw attention away from the oversized guitar pick stuck to the front of her head.

and...

Zara Phillips sits in the Royal Box at the Royal Ascot hotel with a pretty awesome hat! How it sticks to the side of her head, I have no idea, but it's different and it's decorative, and that's pretty cool. Although, from this angle it does kind of look like half a taco. But, I still like it.

and...

Victoria Du Vin smiles as she arrives for the second day of the Royal Ascot with what looks like a peach colored model of the Sydney Opera House atop her head.

and...

A woman poses with what looks like a flower inspired hat stuck to the side of her head.
How do they get them to stay like that? It boggles my mind!  :o

Tell me those hat's aren't speaking mouthfuls. You guys just don't know how lucky you are.

And my personal favourite: Kitty with the lime fruit hat.  :D

Watch yourself helmet head, ...or i'll send a bunch of women from the red hat society in here, ...and you'll be sorry.
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »
Biden says avoid planes, subways; puts out clarifying statement
Thu Apr 30

Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that he would not recommend taking any commercial flight or riding in a subway car “at this point” because swine flu virus can spread “in confined places.” A little more than one hour later, Biden rushed out a statement backing off.

“I would tell members of my family — and I have — I wouldn’t go anywhere in confined places now,” Biden said on NBC’s “Today” show.. “It’s not that it’s going to Mexico. It’s [that] you’re in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes, it goes all the way through the aircraft. That’s me. …

“So, from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation. If you’re out in the middle of a field when someone sneezes, that’s one thing. If you’re in a closed aircraft or closed container or closed car or closed classroom, it’s a different thing.”

That contradicted more restrained advice from President Barack Obama and the federal government  — and the last thing the White House wants to do right now is shut down the airline industry and big-city subways out of mass panic.

The White House quickly arranged for Biden to make this statement through a spokesperson.

“On the Today Show this morning, the vice president was asked what he would tell a family member who was considering air travel to Mexico this week. The advice he is giving family members is the same advice the administration is giving to all Americans: that they should avoid unnecessary air travel to and from Mexico. If they are sick, they should avoid airplanes and other confined public spaces, such as subways. This is the advice the vice president has given family members who are traveling by commercial airline this week. As the president said just last night, every American should take the same steps you would take to prevent any other flu: Keep your hands washed; cover your mouth when you cough; stay home from work if you're sick and keep your children home from school if they're sick.”

Host Matt Lauer had asked the vice president: “This is by no means a ‘gotcha’ type of question. … But if a member of your family came to you … and said, ‘Look, I want to go on a commercial airliner to Mexico, and back within the next week,’ would you think it’s a good idea?” Biden made it unmistakably clear he would not want his family to make any trips on planes or subways.

These sorts of comments are what the Obama administration fears from Biden, who after more than three decades in Washington is known for making gaffes.

Biden has had fewer of them since the election and even fewer since taking office. Recently, he stirred things up by saying he was once in the Oval Office with George W. Bush and told the president that no one was following his leadership. Karl Rove flatly called Biden a "liar."

“If you are feeling certain flu symptoms, don't get on an airplane, don't get on any system of public transportation where you're confined and you could potentially spread the virus. So those are the steps that I think we need to take right now. But understand that because this is a new strain, we have to be cautious.”

Before taking office, Biden was the unpredictable one in the Obama team. He compared the economic crisis with Sept. 11, saying, "We're at war!" and he said it was “a mistake” that Obama selected a CIA director without consulting the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Geoff Freeman, the senior vice president of the Travel Industry Association of America, called Biden's comments "unfortunate."

"We need to leave this in the hands of the medical experts, and medical experts are not discouraging anyone" from using these modes of transportation, he said.

Biden and other government officials "need to be very cognizant of the words they use and not make inflammatory comments."

"We're pleased to see the White House working to clarify these comments, and we urge all elected officials to watch their words because they can take on a life of their own."

To keep from getting sick, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends: “Try to avoid close contact with sick people. If you get sick with influenza, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.”

Obama said at his news conference on Wednesday night that “individual families [need to] start taking very sensible precautions — that can make a huge difference.

“So wash your hands when you shake hands,” he advised. “Cover your mouth when you cough. I know it sounds trivial, but it makes a huge difference. If you are sick, stay home. If your child is sick, keep them out of school.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/21925

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »
One heartbeat away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »
As predicted,Neploitano got on television and basically just said "THATS JUST JOE"!!!Everytime this fucking idiot makes another dumb ass statement its always "thats just joe being joe".240 will tell us how intelligent he is Im sure.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 11:29:59 AM »
As predicted,Neploitano got on television and basically just said "THATS JUST JOE"!!!Everytime this fucking idiot makes another dumb ass statement its always "thats just joe being joe".240 will tell us how intelligent he is Im sure.

Didnt you hear???  Biden was classified as the worlds 2nd most esteemed expert on how to run everyones' life, behind of course, you know who.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 12:08:48 PM »
Yeah don't worry, thats just joe...u know the VICE FUCKING PRESIDENT, Obama gets mauled by that dog of his, and this this idiot is running things. Oh yeah..Palin would have been much worse.  ::)
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 12:10:11 PM »
Geeze.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 12:15:16 PM »
Yeah don't worry, thats just joe...u know the VICE FUCKING PRESIDENT, Obama gets mauled by that dog of his, and this this idiot is running things. Oh yeah..Palin would have been much worse.  ::)

I still wish that woman were single.   That would be the catch of the century. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »
Cooks...cleans..hunts..f ishes..looks good in a trashy cougar kinda way....oh yeah.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »
Cooks...cleans..hunts..fishes..looks good in a trashy cougar kinda way....oh yeah.

She obviously has a great libido too!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »
From one of the milblogs......

Reminder from Joe Biden: You're never more vulnerable than when you're asleep. Stay awake until the swine flu threat is over.
Another tip from Joe Biden: Always leave yourself one bullet. If you feel an itching in your nose or throat, put the gun in your mouth and blow the virus out of the back of your head. Like they say, feed a cold, head-shot a fever.

A Joe Biden Home Remedy: If you feel a sore throat coming on, drink a gallon of Dran-o or other highly-caustic drain-cleaner. Don't worry if you feel a burning or tingling sensation -- that's how you know it's working, and all that rich, healthy sodium hydroxide is burning your virus away.

And a repost from the last thread. Joe Biden explaining how he calmly handled a likely swine flu outbreak:

So the other day, some friends of mine and I were sitting around Katie's Diner, having waffles and goofing around. Without warning, this guy at the table sneezed three times. We knew it was swine flu, and we didn't want to cause a panic so we calmly and rationally beat him to death with our chairs.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 04:56:41 PM »
biden said he wouldn't let his own kin get on a subway car of plane, right?

Honesty.  ya gotta admire it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2009, 05:18:24 AM »
biden said he wouldn't let his own kin get on a subway car of plane, right?

Honesty.  ya gotta admire it.

Stand up chuck!