Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 105038 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »
Biden Receives Mongolian Horse, Names It 'Celtic'
August 22, 2011 10:40 AM

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/08/biden-receives-mongolian-horse-names-it-celtic-.html

ABC News’ Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) reports:    Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, today where his hosts celebrated the first visit by a U.S. vice president since 1944  with performances of traditional music and dance, a Mongol-style wrestling competition and a gift: a Mongolian horse.

"The horse is the most important animal in Mongolia,” an aide traveling with Biden told reporters. “It is the lifeblood of the country (nomadic history), so giving a horse is one of the most meaningful gifts that can be given."

During the presentation ceremony, U.S. Ambassador Jonathan Addleton placed a blue ribbon around the horse’s neck, and Biden tied two knots in it -- a symbolic display meant to signal importance.  Biden said that he named the horse “Celtic.”

But the horse apparently did not respond in kind.

Press pool accounts of the moment said the horse “got a bit excited” by Biden’s gesture and had to be taken away. (Aides said it would not be returning to the U.S. on Air Force 2.)

When asked later to explain what happened, Biden said the animal "reared up" on him and concluded that it must not have liked "the Irish epitaph."

After the ceremony, Biden posed for photos with two Mongolian camels and tried his hand at archery. He later departed for Tokyo, Japan -- the last stop on his week-long swing through East Asia. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
Joe Biden: 'I Fully Understand' China's One Child Policy
Weekly Standard ^ | Aug 22, 2011 | MARK HEMINGWAY

Good news, reproductive rights advocates and neo-Malthusian environmentalists! Vice President Joe Biden has no problem with the government forcibly sterilizing people and compelling abortions. From his remarksat Sichuan University in Chengdu, China yesterday discussing the U.S. debt:

What we ended up doing is setting up a system whereby we did cut by $1.2 trillion upfront, the deficit over the next 10 years.  And we set up a group of senators that have to come up with another $1.2 to $1.7 trillion in savings or automatically there will be cuts that go into effect in January to get those savings.  So the savings will be accomplished.  But as I was talking to some of your leaders, you share a similar concern here in China.  You have no safety net.  Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family.  The result being that you’re in a position where one wage earner will be taking care of four retired people.  Not sustainable.

So hopefully we can act in a way on a problem that's much less severe than yours, and maybe we can learn together from how we can do that.

It's perfectly understandable that you let the government tell you how many children you could have if that helps get the debt under control, right? Republicans better get together and compromise on the president's grand bargain sometime soon, or else.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
 ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Joe Biden Says He Has Been Able 'to Literally Meet Every Major World Leader in the Last 38 Years'
The Telegraph ^ | August 21st, 2011 | Toby Harnden
Posted on August 21, 2011 10:59:17 PM EDT by nickcarraway

Vice President Joe Biden may have managed to cure his own stammer but he still appears to be pathologically incapable of speaking of his own accomplishments without exaggerating. In an address he made today to students at Sichuan University in China today (full text, as emailed out by the White House, here), he stated that he has had “an opportunity to literally meet every major world leader in the last 38 years”.

The statement came in response to a questioner who praised him as an “accomplished public speaker” and asked him about the role public speaking had played in his life. First, Biden compared himself to King George VI, apart from ”the royal blood and the money”:

I don’t know whether you’ve had an opportunity to see a movie that has gotten worldwide circulation called “The King’s Speech”. Well, but for the royal blood and the money, that could have been me. I was a serious stutterer when I was in school as a child, as a high school student, and even into college. And I practiced very, very hard by myself, standing in front of a mirror, trying to annunciate without contorting my face.

Having promised to “order my thoughts here to make this as brief as I can”, Biden went on a rambling meditation about how ”the most important thing to look to in a leader’s speech is not the elegance or the rhetorical flourish of his or her comments, but the judgment of whether or not you believe they are sincere in what they’re saying”. Which could sound to some like a veiled shot at Obama.

Next, Biden provoked laughter by imitating a stammerer and then says that it is offensive to laugh. Then he professed himself to be embarrassed that he cannot speak Chinese:

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.telegraph.co.uk ...

I guess it's possible, but sounds like he was exaggerating. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Joe Biden: 'I Fully Understand' China's One Child Policy
Weekly Standard ^ | Aug 22, 2011 | MARK HEMINGWAY

Good news, reproductive rights advocates and neo-Malthusian environmentalists! Vice President Joe Biden has no problem with the government forcibly sterilizing people and compelling abortions. From his remarksat Sichuan University in Chengdu, China yesterday discussing the U.S. debt:

What we ended up doing is setting up a system whereby we did cut by $1.2 trillion upfront, the deficit over the next 10 years.  And we set up a group of senators that have to come up with another $1.2 to $1.7 trillion in savings or automatically there will be cuts that go into effect in January to get those savings.  So the savings will be accomplished.  But as I was talking to some of your leaders, you share a similar concern here in China.  You have no safety net.  Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family.  The result being that you’re in a position where one wage earner will be taking care of four retired people.  Not sustainable.

So hopefully we can act in a way on a problem that's much less severe than yours, and maybe we can learn together from how we can do that.

It's perfectly understandable that you let the government tell you how many children you could have if that helps get the debt under control, right? Republicans better get together and compromise on the president's grand bargain sometime soon, or else.

Good grief.   :-[

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2011, 02:20:08 PM »
 ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2011, 02:14:28 PM »
Obama administration attempts to clarify Biden’s one-child policy comments

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/23/obama-administration-attempts-to-clarify-bidens-one-child-policy-comments/ ^ | 8/23/11 | Caroline May

In the wake of an onslaught of criticism for Vice President Joe Biden’s comments in China about “not second guessing” the country’s one-child policy, the Obama administration has issued a statement of clarification.

“The Obama Administration strongly opposes all aspects of China’s coercive birth limitation policies, including forced abortion and sterilization,” Biden’s spokeswoman Kendra Barkoff told The Daily Caller in an email. “The Vice President believes such practices are repugnant.”

Barkoff explained that Biden was attempting to critique the restrictive system with his comments.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »
Angry Joe Biden Email Asks for Donations: "What's Stopping You... Get Off the Sidelines"
Pundit Press ^ | 9/30/11 | Aurelius

Yesterday we covered the fact that a mass Obama 2012 email tried to passively-aggressively guilt people into donating to the President's campaign. Today, it looks like they're a bit angry. In a new mass email, Vice President Joe Biden asks people accusingly, "What's stopping you, right now?"

It's an odd email, to be sure. Here are the oddest parts (emphasis mine):

Subject: What's stopping you, right now?...
If you know you're going to donate to this campaign eventually, what's stopping you from doing it right now?

If you're going to be a part of history in 2012, it's time to get off the sidelines...

And what you're capable of is incredible -- if you decide to do it.

Please, Mr. Vice President, stop talking down to all of us.

(Excerpt) Read more at punditpress.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
Joe Biden: Obama administration–not Bush White House–owns the economy’s problems
Yahoo! News ^ | Sept. 29, 2011 | Rachel Rose Hartman

-snip-"Biden added that he doesn't blame people who are mad at the administration, and said it is understandable and "totally legitimate" for the 2012 presidential election to be "a referendum on Obama and Biden and the nature and state of the economy."

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Biden on U.S. Economy: ‘We Have Turned It Around’
CNSNews ^
Posted on October 6, 2011 7:49:58 PM EDT by Sub-Driver

Biden on U.S. Economy: ‘We Have Turned It Around’ October 6, 2011

(CNSNews.com) – When pressed by NBC Meet the Press moderator David Gregory about the Obama administration’s role in the current state of the U.S. economy, Vice President Joe Biden said, “We have turned it around,” adding that Americans believe the Bush administration “got us in this trouble.”

Biden was interviewed as part of The Atlantic magazine and the Aspen Institute’s Washington Ideas Forum on Thursday at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.

Gregory asked: “Let me ask you about accountability when it comes to the economy. The president’s job approval rating stands at 42 percent -- the view of his, and by extension your, handling of the economy is pretty low. Now, either the big efforts that you have made as an administration turned the economy around or they didn’t -- and they appeared to not have done that. Either you’re accountable or there’s only so much government can do.”

Biden responded by saying that “a clear majority” of the American people blame their financial straights on the last administration.

“They understand what got us in this trouble,” Biden said.

He acknowledged that the Obama administration is now “in charge.”

“We are in charge,” Biden said. “We have turned it [the economy] around.”

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

Lmfao!  Stand up chuck! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »
Biden Evokes Sexual, Violent Imagery Again in Push for $447 Jobs Bill
Published October 19, 2011
FoxNews.com

Vice President Biden is stepping up his argument that rapes and murders could increase if Congress does not pass President Obama’s $447 billion jobs bill – evoking sexual and violent imagery in his sales pitch for the second time in a week.

Speaking to Philadelphia police officers Tuesday at the University of Pennsylvania, Biden slammed Republican critics who say the jobs bill is just “temporary,” underscoring measures aimed at maintaining police force levels.

“Let me tell you, it’s not temporary when that 9-1-1 call comes in and a woman’s being raped. If a cop shows up in time to prevent the rape, it’s not temporary to that woman,” Biden said with his voice rising. “It’s not temporary to the guy whose store is being held up and has a gun being pointed to his head if a cop shows up and he’s not killed. That’s not temporary to that store owner. Give me a break -- temporary.

“I wish these guys who thought it was temporary, I wish they had some notion what it’s like be on the other side of a gun or a 200-pound man standing over you telling you to submit,” he added. “Folks, it matters. It matters.”

Last Wednesday, Biden suggested during a speech in Flint, Mich., that rapes and murders could rise if the jobs bill failed to pass Congress.

The Republican National Committee released a memo calling Biden’s comments “irresponsible and mean-spirited” and calling on the media and women’s groups to condemn the remarks.

“No victim of violent crime would ever wish that others were forced to experience the same trauma they went through – especially to make a brazen political point. So why would the sitting vice president of the United States?”

“Our economy is hurting and the Obama administration’s policies have only prolonged the pain, but that is no excuse for Vice President Biden to wish his political opponents to be subjected to rape or have a gun held to their head,” the RNC said. “Victims of violent crime should never be used for political gain.”

Biden’s comments came after the Democratic-controlled Senate defeated the bill last Tuesday. The White House is pushing Congress to pass the bill piece-by-piece.

The first piece is a $35 billion bill that Senate Democrats proposed on Monday that would provide $30 billion in aid for state and local governments to help keep about 400,000 teachers on the job and another $5 billion to help cities retain about 18,000 police officers and 7,000 firefighters.

But Senate Republicans are expected to block that bill too. They are pushing their own bill that includes tax reform, a balanced budget amendment, a repeal of the federal health care law and lifting prohibitions on offshore drilling – provisions that most Democrats don’t support.

Obama went to rural Virginia on Wednesday as part of his tour pitching the bill and trashing the GOP plan for creating jobs.

“Let me repeat, dirtier air, dirtier water, repealing health care and ending rules on Wall Street is not a jobs plan,” he told firefighters.

Since he addressed a joint session of Congress to announce his jobs plan last month, Obama has given remarks supporting the bill every two days, visiting a new state to pitch it every six days.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid accused Republicans of putting their political interests ahead of the country’s.

“Republicans’ No. 1 priority is to defeat President Obama, and their strategy is to keep the economy weak as long as possible,” he said. “So they oppose legislation we know beyond a shadow of a doubt will support 400,000 American jobs without adding a penny to the deficit.”

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday Obama needs to “park the campaign bus, shelve the talking points and focus on jobs."

“It’s completely preposterous at a time when 14 million Americans are looking for a job in this country for the president to be riding around on a bus saying we should raise taxes – on the very folks who create jobs,” he said on the Senate floor.

“Let’s drop the talking points about millionaires and billionaires,” he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/19/biden-evokes-sexual-violent-imagery-again-in-push-for-447-jobs-bill/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »
I saw the video.    This has got to be one of lowest things he has ever pulled. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »
Biden: Because of Bush Administration and Wall Street ‘People Died' and ‘Homes Burned’
CNSNews ^
Posted on October 19, 2011 8:05:53 PM EDT by Sub-Driver

Biden: Because of Bush Administration and Wall Street ‘People Died' and ‘Homes Burned’ By Elizabeth Harrington October 19, 2011 Subscribe to Elizabeth Harrington's posts

(CNSNews.com) - Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday that “people died” and “people’s homes burned to the ground,” because the Bush administration allowed “God-awful Ponzi schemes” on Wall Street.

Speaking at a rally to promote a piecemeal provision of President Obama’s jobs proposal, Biden told police and firefighters that the budget shortfalls of state and local governments were not attributable to state and local governments.

“Those of you know it’s not really the fault of your mayor or your government,” the vice president said. “Some are more sympathetic than others, but the bottom line is they don’t have the money because of this God-awful mess we got put in.

“In many cities the result has been--and it’s not unique--murder rates are up, robberies are up, rapes are up. And folks, there’s a simple reason for that. It’s been a perfect storm out there from the God-awful Ponzi schemes that the last outfit allowed Wall Street to engage in, resulted in this gigantic collapse of the financial industry.”

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

He is on a roll!   

Stand up chuck!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:02 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »

That's pretty bad.  He just can't help himself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
He's a friggin embarrassment. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
Reporter who bugged Biden: ‘They’re suggesting that my credentials get yanked’ for ‘rape’ question
The Daily Caller ^ | 10/25/2011 | Matthew Boyle

Vice President Joe Biden’s office has asked the U.S. Senate Press Gallery to investigate conservative journalist Jason Mattera’s tactics during a recent interview, a process that could result in his press credentials being revoked, The Daily Caller has learned.

Mattera, the editor of Human Events and a widely known video ambush interviewer, caught Biden by surprise after asking if he would pose together for a joint picture. While embracing the vice president for the photo, Mattera asked Biden if he “regret using a rape reference to describe Republican opposition to the president’s bill.”

Because none of those parties are answering any questions, it’s unclear what specific rules Biden’s office is alleging Mattera broke. Mattera said these allegations are nothing more than a deflection tactic.

(Excerpt) Read more at thedc.com ...

WHAT A FUCKING BABY!   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »
lol.  He's such an idiot. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
Biden: Obama Can't Win Without Florida
Saturday, 29 Oct 2011
By Gary Cohen

Vice President Joe Biden says there will be no second term in office if President Barack Obama doesn't win Florida, according to a report in The Hill.

Biden made two key stops in Florida yesterday, going on the attack against the Republican Party concerning the deficit.

"I find it absolutely bizarre, Republicans moralizing about deficits. That's a little like an arsonist moralizing about fire safety. These guys have zero credibility," he told a Florida Democratic Party fundraising dinner at Walt Disney World.

"We plan on winning Florida. We can't win without Florida," added Biden at the dinner.

Earlier yesterday, the vice president told the Florida Education Convention in Orlando the GOP is "using an international crisis and a recession caused by the policies they created in order to shift in an organized effort to place the blame for budget shortfalls squarely on teachers."

While not mentioning Florida Republican Gov. Rick Scott by name, Biden a number of times said "your governor" when speaking about recent efforts in Florida and other states to curb the collective bargaining rights and pay of public employee unions.

At the party fundraiser, the vice president accused the GOP of "playing roulette with the national debt."

"They didn't want to just stop what we were doing. They wanted to undo everything we had done," Biden added.

He then used the phrase "Republican obstructionism" in rhetorically asking whether GOP positions on the economy are based on ideology or policy.

"I know one thing. It doesn't matter which it is. They're standing in the way of progress," charged the vice president

Emphasizing the importance of winning Florida, this was the third visit to Florida in October by the administration.

The president headlined a fundraiser in Orlando October 11th and First Lady Michelle Obama attended fundraisers in Jacksonville, Davie and Tampa on Thursday.

Biden told the party fundraiser gathering yesterday that Floridians were going to be seeing a lot of him in the months to come.

"The states I am going to be concentrating on are Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, New Hampshire and Iowa and I am going to be here a lot."

Biden could also have been looking past the 2012 election in his visit.

His stop came just days after an interview with CNN in which he did not close the door on the possibility of making another run of his own for the White House in 2016.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Biden-Obama-CantWinWithout-Florida/2011/10/29/id/416156

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
Now we know why the MSM is going after Rubio 24/7   

How transparent and phoney these outlets are. 

and of course the usual suspects eat up whatever crap served to them like pie.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2011, 11:44:30 AM »
Now we know why the MSM is going after Rubio 24/7   

How transparent and phoney these outlets are. 

and of course the usual suspects eat up whatever crap served to them like pie.     

Hadn't thought about that, but would not surprise me. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2011, 07:40:20 AM »
White House Stands by Biden Statement That Taliban Isn't U.S. Enemy
Published December 19, 2011
FoxNews.com

The White House on Monday defended Vice President Joe Biden for saying that the Taliban isn't an enemy of the United States despite the years spent fighting the militant Islamic group that gave a home to Al Qaeda and its leader Usama bin Laden while he plotted the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

"It's only regrettable when taken out of context," White House spokesman Jay Carney said of  the vice president's remarks in an interview published Monday.

"It is a simple fact that we went into Afghanistan because of the attack on the United States on Sept. 11, 2001. We are there now to ultimately defeat Al Qaeda, to stabilize Afghanistan and stabilize it in part so that Al Qaeda or other terrorists who have as their aim attacks on the United States cannot establish a foothold again in that country," Carney continued.

During Biden's interview with Newsweek last week, the vice president said it's "good enough" for the U.S. if Afghanistan stops being a "haven for people who do damage and have as a target the United States of America" and its allies. He added that the U.S. is supportive of a reconciliation process between the Afghan government and the Taliban even if it's questionable whether a reconciliation is possible.

"Look, the Taliban per se is not our enemy. That's critical," Biden said. "There is not a single statement that the president has ever made in any of our policy assertions that the Taliban is our enemy, because it threatens U.S. interests. If, in fact, the Taliban is able to collapse the existing government, which is cooperating with us in keeping the bad guys from being able to do damage to us, then that becomes a problem for us."

Biden said that the U.S. is on a dual track in Afghanistan -- keep the pressure on Al Qaeda and support a government that is strong enough to "negotiate with and not be overthrown by the Taliban."

Carney said the U.S. did not send the military into Afghanistan because the Taliban were in power, and the vice president's point was that "while we are fighting them, it is not the elimination -- the elimination of the Taliban is not the issue here."

Indeed, the U.S. entered Afghanistan just weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks that killed nearly 3,000 Americans to rid the country of Al Qaeda, whose leader had been an invited guest and offered safe haven for years by the Taliban government that ruled Afghanistan with an iron fist.

Today, fewer than 200 Al Qaeda terrorists reportedly remain in the country. But military officials say the primary attacks against U.S. forces in Afghanistan are being conducted by fighters loyal to the Taliban and the Taliban-tied Haqqani network, both of which are based out of neighboring Pakistan and freely cross the treacherous border.

According to Reuters, U.S. officials are hopeful that 10 months of secret negotiations with Taliban insurgents will soon result in a breakthrough that will allow the U.S. to leave Afghanistan as scheduled by 2014 without leaving the country to the whims of the hardline group.

Reuters reported Sunday the deal the U.S. is considering would include a prisoner release of Taliban detainees in Guantanamo Bay in exchange for a renunciation of violence and international terrorism, part of reconciliation talks with the government headed by Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

The U.S. also would offer unequivocal support for establishing a Taliban office in an Islamic country that it could use as a diplomatic headquarters, Reuters reported, and would demand preconditions such as a renunciation of violence, a break with Al Qaeda and respect for the Afghan constitution. Carney said Monday that the U.S. has been clear that those conditions "would need to be met."

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Biden's remarks -- as well as Biden's and President Obama's belief that the Taliban are not the enemy -- are "bizarre, factually wrong and an outrageous affront our troops carrying out the fight in Afghanistan." He said the comments also reflect the administration's policy of "appeasement."

"The Taliban harbored the terrorists who killed 3,000 Americans on Sept 11. The Taliban continues to wage war against us and our allies, a conflict in which we have lost over 1,800 troops. The Taliban receives arms and training from Iran. And the Taliban seeks to reinstate a tyrannical government that violently rejects basic notions of human rights and oppresses minorities. The Taliban is clearly a bitter enemy of the United States," Romney said in a statement late Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/19/white-house-stands-by-biden-statement-that-taliban-isnt-us-enemy/#ixzz1h4NWQiFE

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2012, 09:42:58 AM »
Biden’s oops moment in SF: “Giants on their way to Super Bowl”

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2012/01/18/bidens-oops-moment-in-sf-giants-on-their-way-to-super-bowl

Vice President Joe Biden had his “oops” moment Wednesday speaking in a 49er-crazed San Francisco when he told a crowd at a city political fundraiser that “the Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl.”

Biden spoke at a closed event in the city’s financial District at the Bently Reserve when he made the gaffe, according to a White House pool report released today.

The comment by Biden drew immediate “good-natured” boos from the crowd, according to the report by Josh Richman of the Oakland Tribune, who was the only local print reporter allowed to cover the event.

After suggesting that the Giants were heading to the Super Bowl, Biden quickly recognized the gaffe and and explained he was accustomed to thinking in terms of the San Francisco Giants and their baseball wins. His next reference was to the “49ers on their way” to the Big Game.

Richman reported he was ushered out of the fundraiser after Biden started taking a few questions from the audience of about 110 campaign contributors. “The event raised somewhere between $275,000 and $1.1 million,” according to his report.

The event was one of several stops Biden and his wife made in the Bay Area today.

Biden plans to meet this evening with local tech leaders, including the heads of Apple, Google, Yahoo, Netflix and Zynga, but those meetings are not open to the media, the White House said.

________________________ ________________________ ______

What a moron.