Author Topic: 25 Worst TV Shows  (Read 2013 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
25 Worst TV Shows
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:38:19 AM »
I admit it: I watched a couple of these shows...  :-[

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-worst-tv-shows-ever-made,0,3681708.photogallery

Manimal (NBC)
September – December 1983 (8 episodes)
Loaded with tons of low-tech special effects, the show's premise was simple: A shape-shifting man who can turn himself into any animal uses his ability to fight crime. However, for some reason, he always seemed to take form of either a hawk or panther. Fortunately, is was scheduled opposite the very popular show "Dallas", and Manimal was quickly put out of it's misery.

The Ropers (ABC)
1979-1980 (28 episodes)
In this spinoff for the landlords from Three's Company, Stanley and Helen Roper move out of the apartment complex and into an upscale community, where Helen tries desperately to fit in while her husband does absolutely nothing. At all. Ever.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: 25 Worst TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
manimal is the dude from falcon crest

:)
Z

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »
I looked at the list
I thought "Joey" and "Veronica's closet" where actually good entertainment

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:09:11 AM »
i havent seen any of them well except one or two episodes of joey, it didnt look any worse than any other sitcom of that type airing... probably shouldnt be on that list
Z

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:51:55 AM »
BJ and The Bear rocked a blatent ripoff of the Eastwood movie with the orangutan.  I loved it!  Ok, I was 7, but I have fond, if somewhat hazy, memories.

Ps - Can't believe Punky Brewster escaped the list.  The Practice was b.a.d. too.  The theme song was the most amusing part.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 08:31:35 AM »
BJ and The Bear rocked a blatent ripoff of the Eastwood movie with the orangutan.  I loved it!  Ok, I was 7, but I have fond, if somewhat hazy, memories.

Ps - Can't believe Punky Brewster escaped the list.  The Practice was b.a.d. too.  The theme song was the most amusing part.
You cant compare then till now.
I used to love, "The A-Team", "McGyver", "Knight rider" etc
But I recently saw some of these on DVD and thought how cheesy, but then it was the best.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 08:45:11 AM »
You cant compare then till now.
I used to love, "The A-Team", "McGyver", "Knight rider" etc
But I recently saw some of these on DVD and thought how cheesy, but then it was the best.

Right on.  Dukes of Hazzard was the highlight of my kid week.

Heather Locklear, Markie Post, and Valerie Keaton provided a lot of 'inspiration.'

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 08:50:10 AM »
only one out of those i liked was joey.
havent even heard of some of them...guess that says a lot  :-\

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »
One show I'm shocked wasn't on the list, and one I'm glad wasn't on the list...

I think the all time stupidest show had to be The Art of Being Nick which was a spin-off of Family Ties starring the least likeable character on the show, N-i-i-i-i-i-i-ck.  I think it lasted 2 episodes.  2 too many.

I'm so glad that unlike all other lists like this one, Hello Larry! wasn't included.  Not that it was a great show (it even had Meadowlark Lemon as co-star in the second season), but it was really no worse than other shows on NBC at the time.  I think this show gets a bad rap because people erroneously think that McLean Stephenson left M*A*S*H to star on this show.  He was actually fired from M*A*S*H as opposed to quitting. 
~

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »
i thought beauty and the beast was good...although i was 5 years when it came out

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »
MY 2 DADS,JOANNIE LOVES CHACHI,

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »
I just thought of another show that was insipid...Blossom

Whoa!!  The names those kids had...Blossom!! and Six!!!!!!  With regular visits from Blossom's mother's "ghost"  (Melissa Manchester of "Don't Cry Out Loud" fame)...I once got stuck watching an episode where Joey and Six were stranded at a hotel room and she was throwing herself at him but he wouldn't take advantage.  I know we were supposed to think he was dumb, but did they also want us to think he was gay??  Even in my most vivid "imagination" I can't see myself liking this show...

By the way, who told that girl she could dance?  And you know good and damn well that for her to be as popular with boys as she was supposed to be, she would have had to be willing to do all the sick, degrading shit that other girls wouldn't do.

OK...rant complete.
~

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
I just thought of another show that was insipid...Blossom

Whoa!!  The names those kids had...Blossom!! and Six!!!!!!  With regular visits from Blossom's mother's "ghost"  (Melissa Manchester of "Don't Cry Out Loud" fame)...I once got stuck watching an episode where Joey and Six were stranded at a hotel room and she was throwing herself at him but he wouldn't take advantage.  I know we were supposed to think he was dumb, but did they also want us to think he was gay??  Even in my most vivid "imagination" I can't see myself liking this show...

By the way, who told that girl she could dance?  And you know good and damn well that for her to be as popular with boys as she was supposed to be, she would have had to be willing to do all the sick, degrading shit that other girls wouldn't do.

OK...rant complete.

six was hot...i think she was a slut...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
Poor Blossom.  She never did.