Author Topic: "Bigger,Stronger,Faster..."  (Read 4957 times)

mademan80

• Getbig II
"Bigger,Stronger,Faster..."
« on: February 19, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »
Any of you guys on here saw this documentary?  It's a pretty good docu. it gives a lot of insight on steroids in America and puts to rest a lot of myths regarding aas...so for you ignorant people out there that believe aas kill people and they are so dangerous please watch this to educate yourself...and to those who are educated i would recommend it as well just b/c it was compelling and has some useful info...let me know what you guys think if you all get a chance to watch it...i found it on my local cable's ON Demand feature,but im sure you can find it at best buy...good buy for anybody whos into working out

brent2741

• Getbig IV
Re: "Bigger,Stronger,Faster..."
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »
Any of you guys on here saw this documentary?  It's a pretty good docu. it gives a lot of insight on steroids in America and puts to rest a lot of myths regarding aas...so for you ignorant people out there that believe aas kill people and they are so dangerous please watch this to educate yourself...and to those who are educated i would recommend it as well just b/c it was compelling and has some useful info...let me know what you guys think if you all get a chance to watch it...i found it on my local cable's ON Demand feature,but im sure you can find it at best buy...good buy for anybody whos into working out

people will always think that steroids kill people, its just one if those dogma's that people take on faith... just like that whole "god" thing.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »
yeah i know but the docu. was a good find...the nay sayers in this docu. really had no counter to their argument...one instance was a father who believed steroids made his son so depressed that he killed himself...it couldnt have been all the anti-depressants he was taking and the pressure of being a great high school athlete and living up to his fathers expectations

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »

It was a poorly done piece, from an insider's point of view.

It was made by people who have no experience with AAS and that's why I think it's poorly done.

They should have had Llewellyn on there to give his view on things and it would have shut alot of people up.   >:(

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:01:14 PM »

It was made by people who have no experience with AAS and that's why I think it's poorly done.

They should have had Llewellyn on there to give his view on things and it would have shut alot of people up.   

DIV

who is Llewellyn? i thought the docu served its purpose by clearing up the AAS myths and giving some basic info on what they do...a guy on there with aids credits his recovery b/c of AAS and i just thought it shed some light on the truth...respect your opinion thought bro

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »
who is Llewellyn? i thought the docu served its purpose by clearing up the AAS myths and giving some basic info on what they do...a guy on there with aids credits his recovery b/c of AAS and i just thought it shed some light on the truth...respect your opinion thought bro

http://www.molecularnutrition.net/products_book.html

I rest my case.

Most of those puff pieces on TV are trash, and seek to sensationalize the topic of AAS.

DIV

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »
William got alittle face time if you check the extras

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:50:43 PM »
William got alittle face time if you check the extras

William gets alot of shit.....

You guys call me a UG whore.......that guy gets more free UG shit than anyone I know.

He's a slut when it comes to anabolics.   :P

DIV

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »
point made div...its pretty sad that most people out there wont take the time to read his work...probably due to denial, but anyway im guessing you have a copy?...is it worth the $60?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »
It didn't help that his loser brother decided to off himself.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
Mon, you talking about mike bell? yeah that didnt help either but i would like to point that dude was on so much shit besides steroids...i thought he died not suicide?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »
point made div...its pretty sad that most people out there wont take the time to read his work...probably due to denial, but anyway im guessing you have a copy?...is it worth the $60?

He sends me an autographed copy each year....

I've known William for years, going back to 2005 or so......when I first talked to him.

I have sent in samples for his book and some of them are in each edition.

DIV

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
kool bro...sounds like you are well versed in the bodybuilding aas world

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »
no pun intended on that either bro

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »
kool bro...sounds like you are well versed in the bodybuilding aas world

Well versed is one way of putting it.

I'm a baby pin cushion.   ;D

DIV

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »
well somebody's gotta be the ginny pig...is that book you mentioned worth the money?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
well somebody's gotta be the ginny pig...is that book you mentioned worth the money?

It's the best reference guide, IMO.

The most up to date, including UG's and counterfeits.

That way you can read up on the history of anabolics, plus compare the products you buy with what's in the book.

There are alot of fakes out there.   :P

DIV

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 09:07:21 AM »
 Lewellens book is well worth the $.  The new Undergound Anabolics will be available soon. 
   Real lab tests on a lot of the UG labs out there.

Should be a real eye-opener for some people.  :o

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »
Good movie for sure.

GC

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »

They should have had Llewellyn on there to give his view on things and it would have shut alot of people up.   >:(

DIV

What are you talking about? The producer had done steroids and both of his featured brothers were long-time users and "on" during the filming.

I'm thinking you're talking about some other docu. This was very well done, factual and accurate.

Edit: I think I read you wrong and you meant the TV piece on Taylor Hooton and not Bigger, Stronger, Faster.  :P

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 04:41:26 AM »
Edit: I think I read you wrong and you meant the TV piece on Taylor Hooton and not Bigger, Stronger, Faster.  :P

I did!   >:(

DIV

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 07:20:53 AM »
Dude DIV what are you talking about?  Did you even watch the documentary?  It was VERY well done.  It did what it was meant to do.  Could it have been better sure.  But we are talking steroids and it never should have made it out of the gate but it became a pretty popular documentary.  Atleast the guy decided to do something about the issue.  I applaud him. 

Bill's book isn't even out yet how do you know it will be good or not?  We'll see.  And just so you know he adamantly denies he receives any gear as kickback for his work. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 10:06:22 AM »
Bill's book isn't even out yet how do you know it will be good or not?  We'll see.  And just so you know he adamantly denies he receives any gear as kickback for his work. 

William's book has been out awhile.

It's a good update, but still waiting for my free copy.

William has slacked off lately.
 >:(

DIV

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
William's book has been out awhile.

It's a good update, but still waiting for my free copy.

William has slacked off lately.
 >:(

DIV

Which one?  I'm talking about the new UG book coming out not his Anabolics 2008/2009 books. 

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
I just watched the "bigger, stronger, blah blah" movie.  did not really learn anything I did not know already.  would have liked to hear what Arnold had to say, though he really pussed out.  But hey thats what happens when you grow up you quit some things and then talk shit about what young people do.  I though the movie could have been a lot better and I think they should of told that dead baseball players dad, to his face.  Your kid died b/c you were shit parents and were not aware of your kid's life enough not because he did roids and by painting the finger at something other than yourself if your way of living with yourself w/o guilt.  I hate it when people cannot take responsibility for their own faults.  My bad is all your really need to say, not start a witch hunt of denial.  How the fuck was your kid on juice anyways...great parenting.  Just send them to a head doctor and give them some pill to make it all right.  Fuck trying to fix it myself. 

I do think in the beginning when they showed how pop culture does put pressure on adolescent males to be "jacked" and true "Americans' .  I did not realize how much G.I Joe affected my perception of what a man is until I saw that docu, shit really put some deep seeded ideas in my head that have defined who i am......  really powerful points however I do not think it made anybody jump the fence to view AAS as anything acceptable in sports or in responsible adult male use.
First Rock