Author Topic: Are UFOs real ?  (Read 230958 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Are UFOs real ?
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2014, 09:30:16 AM »
That's lots of assumption.  How long is "really not that long"?
well look at the cave paintings, how Long? how Long is a Piece of string? but one Thing is real These paintings. The Bible is real in that it depicts Events that did happen.. only the People interpreted it diffrent.."Angels from the sky".

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2014, 09:45:25 AM »
well look at the cave paintings, how Long? how Long is a Piece of string? but one Thing is real These paintings. The Bible is real in that it depicts Events that did happen.. only the People interpreted it diffrent.."Angels from the sky".

I wasn't asking you about cave paintings and when they were painted.

You just, if i understand you right, suggested that evolution from micro organism to humans happened in too short of a time:

i mean we just evolved from micro organisms? we just appeared? look at Evolution. how Long did it take us to reach now...not really that Long. so the theory that we just grew from micro biology or such is just BS.

so again:

How long is "really not that long"?

PS:  Please try and answer the question based on YOUR assertion without jumping to another topic.  It makes you look like you are trying to avoid it because maybe it was an assertion based on ignorance.  So i want to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you about it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
Human beings have vivid imaginations and are creators by nature.    Nothing indicates that these cave drawings are anything other than an example of that creativity.   I could draw a women with eight boobs but that doesnt mean she exists.  We dont know what the cave painters were thinking when they made the cave paintings.
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2014, 10:54:56 AM »
Human beings have vivid imaginations and are creators by nature.    Nothing indicates that these cave drawings are anything other than an example of that creativity.   I could draw a women with eight boobs but that doesnt mean she exists.  We dont know what the cave painters were thinking when they made the cave paintings.
OK just your opinion.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2014, 11:05:40 AM »
OK just your opinion.

Do you know exactly what was going through the mind of the people who made those cave paintings?  Do you know their intent?  The entire premise of your argument is these paintings are of extraterrestrials. 
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »

Do you know exactly what was going through the mind of the people who made those cave paintings?  Do you know their intent?  The entire premise of your argument is these paintings are of extraterrestrials. 
no but man drew them.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
I wasn't asking you about cave paintings and when they were painted.

You just, if i understand you right, suggested that evolution from micro organism to humans happened in too short of a time:

so again:

How long is "really not that long"?

PS:  Please try and answer the question based on YOUR assertion without jumping to another topic.  It makes you look like you are trying to avoid it because maybe it was an assertion based on ignorance.  So i want to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you about it.

Bump for Donny.   ;D

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
Probably not.  the whole earth would have to turn into a ball of molten lava to destroy all traces of a civilization that had the technology to go into space.

Is it because you'd expect to see widespread evidence of past advanced technology (if past earth-to-space activity had occurred)?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »
Is it because you'd expect to see widespread evidence of past advanced technology (if past earth-to-space activity had occurred)?

How do you think it would have occurred without composite materials?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »
How do you think it would have occurred without composite materials?

I don't necessarily think that it would or could (or wouldn't or couldn't) have, at all. No way for me to extend myself that far, and no way for me to assume that we could rely on recognizing potential evidence after unknown spans of time.

If such people existed, then was everyone on our planet similar in development? Or was it a closed society making use of resources only for themselves? Had they perhaps been in contact with others who'd lived here even earlier, before their own journey into space? Did they have space-developed technology that we (our current selves, today) couldn't begin to conceive of?

It becomes very difficult to make assumptions without tripping yourself up.

What do you think?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2014, 03:00:03 AM »
I think Roswell was real... too much is coming out now. This is also interesting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_12

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »
I don't necessarily think that it would or could (or wouldn't or couldn't) have, at all. No way for me to extend myself that far, and no way for me to assume that we could rely on recognizing potential evidence after unknown spans of time.

If such people existed, then was everyone on our planet similar in development? Or was it a closed society making use of resources only for themselves? Had they perhaps been in contact with others who'd lived here even earlier, before their own journey into space? Did they have space-developed technology that we (our current selves, today) couldn't begin to conceive of?

It becomes very difficult to make assumptions without tripping yourself up.

What do you think?

It's pretty simple, a civilization would have to use, at the very least, composite materials to get into space.  Don't see any other way around it.  That would leave massive amounts of stuff over the course of years it would take to developers to that point.   Simple logic. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2014, 12:44:55 PM »
It's pretty simple, a civilization would have to use, at the very least, composite materials to get into space.  Don't see any other way around it.  That would leave massive amounts of stuff over the course of years it would take to developers to that point.   Simple logic. 

Over what range of distance do you suppose a person might expect to see/recognize evidence, and for how long?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
If aliens have the tech to travel through space, then they would have the tech to avoid radar.

As someone said earlier, if they have the ability to travel to the earth, then they most certainly have the tech to avoid human contact.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2014, 07:24:34 AM »
 8)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2014, 05:40:14 PM »
Over what range of distance do you suppose a person might expect to see/recognize evidence, and for how long?

Do you know anything about archaeology?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »
Do you know anything about archaeology?

I know that archeologists probably ask themselves those exact questions frequently, as they're trying to make sense of their ideas.

Would you disagree?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2014, 03:22:02 AM »
I know that archeologists probably ask themselves those exact questions frequently, as they're trying to make sense of their ideas.

Would you disagree?

Where is the evidence?
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
the time is coming Children...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2014, 08:22:40 AM »

Would you disagree?

Do you know anything about archeology?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2014, 11:54:19 AM »
Do you know anything about archeology?

Please explain to me as an archeologist would, then:

I want to know why, while subjected to time and space, such questions wouldn't be the very first asked by a so-inclined person, when considering whether our past selves have gone into space.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »

Where is the evidence?

...for...?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

I still got to ask you same question:

do you anything about archaeology?

i should also ask you:

Do you what composite materials are?

I want to know why, while subjected to time and space, such questions wouldn't be the very first asked by a so-inclined person, when considering whether our past selves have gone into space.

This suggests you don't know either and instead are speaking out of your ass.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »

You're basing your opinion on concepts you've provided no evidence for, past lives for example.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
This suggests you don't know either and instead are speaking out of your ass.

Neither of us can say, OzmO. Yes! That's the whole point.