Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 761759 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7925 on: August 11, 2021, 07:06:05 AM »
Washington CNN Business — 
Hackers have stolen some $600 million in cryptocurrency from the decentralized finance platform Poly Network, in what it says is the largest theft in the industry’s history.

A vulnerability in Poly Network allowed the thief to make off with the funds, the platform said Tuesday, begging the attacker to return the money.

“The amount of money you hacked is the biggest one in the defi history,” Poly Network wrote in a letter to the attacker it posted to Twitter. “The money you stole are from tens of thousands of crypto community members… you should talk to us to work out a solution.”

Poly Network urged other members of the cryptocurrency ecosystem to “blacklist” the assets coming from addresses used by the attacker to siphon away the funds — which included a mix of various coins including $33 million of Tether, according to Tether’s CTO. The cryptocurrency exchange Binance said it was “coordinating with all our security partners to actively help.” Poly Network links together the blockchains of multiple virtual currencies to create interoperability among them.

Following the hack, Poly Network established several addresses to which it said the attacker could return the money. And it appears the hacker is cooperating: As of 7:47 a.m. ET Wednesday, Poly Network said, it had received about $4.7 million back. It was not immediately clear who was behind the hack or why the money is being returned.

Regulators have increased their scrutiny of crypto platforms as investors pour billions of dollars into digital currencies. Senator Elizabeth Warren recently asked SEC Chair Gary Gensler to investigate the SEC’s ability to oversee trading on crypto platforms.

In response, last week, Gensler said: “Right now, I believe investors using these platforms are not adequately protected.”

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7926 on: August 11, 2021, 01:15:54 PM »
Crypto market cap would probably need to double for a 100k BTC. 2 trillion to enter the market in 6 weeks? Zero chance. 1 trillion, Very unlikely.

Wall street crashing will send it pretty close

I dont  see a crash incoming. Dip, yes. Crash, no.  Even with an unlikely crash, a haircut of about 50-60% Max.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7927 on: August 11, 2021, 03:42:26 PM »
The ‘hack’ seems very skeptical to me given the day the US. I’ll is passed 600M suddenly is hacked and the message to the thieves is ‘we can track you and have shut off your on/off ramps’, give the money back and we’ll say no more…..

Apparently the stolen crypto has started to be returned. Suddenly it’s a positive message of being able to find stolen money. Yay!

You have to admit, it sounds pretty convenient time wise.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7928 on: August 12, 2021, 01:35:09 AM »
The ‘hack’ seems very skeptical to me given the day the US. I’ll is passed 600M suddenly is hacked and the message to the thieves is ‘we can track you and have shut off your on/off ramps’, give the money back and we’ll say no more…..

Apparently the stolen crypto has started to be returned. Suddenly it’s a positive message of being able to find stolen money. Yay!

You have to admit, it sounds pretty convenient time wise.

You mean like this?

(crypto/btc survives another FUD, it's bulletproof type buy sentiment)

Your more along the lines of something to do with politics and regulation?

Will look at your other post in detail over the weekend. Sunday looks like a possible dip day to me.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7929 on: August 12, 2021, 03:34:32 AM »
I dont  see a crash incoming. Dip, yes. Crash, no.  Even with an unlikely crash, a haircut of about 50-60% Max.

Peaks are forming on several "bubble" indicators.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7930 on: August 12, 2021, 04:45:04 AM »

It’s a scary proposition thinking there will be a market pullback. Feb this year was a traditional pullback, many called for a correction but it didn’t happen. Then it was April, didn’t happen, then June, didn’t happen, now it’s Autumn……

I think my scenario has merit, Dems pushing for lockdowns and restrictions to force the senate to approve stimmy money. Ie Break it then fix it.

BTC needs to hold 44.6k as this is the 200D MA. This is like the market autumn scenario. You get close, people calling for 36k pullback but we are holding 44.6k. It could go either way but if it doesn’t crash then it rips in the other direction.

This is the open interest on BTC in the daily. In about 2 days it will be at the bottom and we come into buy signal territory. The weekly already fired a buy but this daily will mean it’s about to fire a buy above the 200D MA and that’s very significant.

Big players have been hitting BTC pretty hard today but it’s still holding up way better than I would have expected. BTC looks very strong. If it can hold out a few more days…..

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7931 on: August 12, 2021, 07:48:13 AM »

but we never had interest rates and bond yields this low. Is it a bubble? Yes.. Can it go much higher before it possibly implodes? Yes

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7932 on: August 12, 2021, 11:33:56 PM »
but we never had interest rates and bond yields this low. Is it a bubble? Yes.. Can it go much higher before it possibly implodes? Yes

Implosion will be years away. Longer than people realise.

We are yet to have proper product shortages which is the next step in the grand scheme. I'm talking where our low cost bulky goods begin to vanish and people are waiting months instead of days. That will drive prices higher because volume vanishes and margins cannot be sustained any longer so they go up.

When that begins to take effect it means production decreases which is deflationary on employment and wages. Yet at the same time we see rocketing consumer prices not due to inflation per say but due to a drop in volume.

This is the deflationary spiral central banks are trying to avoid and why the Fed refuses to stop pumping in money.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7933 on: August 13, 2021, 03:34:20 AM »
See the BTC short squeeze mayhem last night?

Want to see something spooky?

MM have flipped and started opening longs which caused that short squeeze and price now above 46k.

Each time MM went long market surged.

We will still have a short snap pullback of some kind so I’m looking at a 42k entry point.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7934 on: August 13, 2021, 03:52:48 AM »
All the dead crypto pages on various forums have suddenly sprung back to life. Shitcoins are popping.

I bought some Ethereum Classic which I still think is useless, but for some reason banks have decided to offer it to their customers.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7935 on: August 13, 2021, 04:12:16 AM »
Cardano is rocketing up.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #7936 on: August 13, 2021, 04:56:28 AM »
have only 20 000 ADA. hope they will go to 50$
$

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7937 on: August 13, 2021, 03:39:55 PM »
The candle of sendsville…… MM trying to ignite a second massive rally. Every time it ‘should’ have a pullback they send it up and squeeze the shorts.

Bull Targets —> Midpoint 50.6k, prev high band 90k, ceiling 120k.

To my eyes on logarithmic curves it looks almost the same as 2013 now and not like 2017 at all.

If it played out like 2013 we would look at August midpoint (50.6) Sept-Oct pullback (38-42). Oct+Nov explosive up (120).

I have BTC and shitbags. I’m going to hold for now and buy dips in Sept-Oct.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7938 on: August 13, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »
The candle of sendsville…… MM trying to ignite a second massive rally. Every time it ‘should’ have a pullback they send it up and squeeze the shorts.

Bull Targets —> Midpoint 50.6k, prev high band 90k, ceiling 120k.

To my eyes on logarithmic curves it looks almost the same as 2013 now and not like 2017 at all.

If it played out like 2013 we would look at August midpoint (50.6) Sept-Oct pullback (38-42). Oct+Nov explosive up (120).

I have BTC and shitbags. I’m going to hold for now and buy dips in Sept-Oct.

No Eth?  Funny, Ive been stacking Eth for months now on celsius due to earning yield in-kind as there is no option for earning in btc. Ill convert all of my yield earning from Eth to btc just before eth 2.0 is released and all that eth is released from stacking.  I see that happening around march, so a pro longed  bull cycle this  time round. Perhaps 9k Eth (conservative). 

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7939 on: August 13, 2021, 08:58:14 PM »
Any one buy BTC at 29-31k?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7940 on: August 13, 2021, 09:18:03 PM »
Sept-Oct pullback (38-42). Oct+Nov explosive up (120).

I’m going to hold for now and buy dips in Sept-Oct.

This would be the closet we've come to agreeing on something. It's definitely not gonna happen now  :D

No Eth?  Funny, Ive been stacking Eth for months now on celsius due to earning yield in-kind as there is no option for earning in btc. Ill convert all of my yield earning from Eth to btc just before eth 2.0 is released and all that eth is released from stacking.  I see that happening around march, so a pro longed  bull cycle this  time round. Perhaps 9k Eth (conservative).

There was some news about how more miners were betting against proof of stake as they believed eth 2.0 would be delayed again.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/why-ethereum-miners-are-making-a-million-dollar-bet-against-proof-of-stake-1030729703

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7941 on: August 14, 2021, 12:56:29 AM »
Dot hasn't done much in this pump. Stiill a good price right now for some easy gains.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7942 on: August 14, 2021, 02:59:22 AM »
This would be the closet we've come to agreeing on something. It's definitely not gonna happen now  :D

There was some news about how more miners were betting against proof of stake as they believed eth 2.0 would be delayed again.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/why-ethereum-miners-are-making-a-million-dollar-bet-against-proof-of-stake-1030729703

Are they making the bet or buying as many miners to scoop up as much eth as they can and dump it before PoS comes into effect?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7943 on: August 14, 2021, 04:31:08 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7944 on: August 14, 2021, 04:32:30 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7945 on: August 14, 2021, 06:30:39 AM »
Are they making the bet or buying as many miners to scoop up as much eth as they can and dump it before PoS comes into effect?

Probably booth. Eth 2.0 will likely be delayed again, but months rather than years.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7946 on: August 14, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7947 on: August 15, 2021, 10:08:22 AM »
You just saw the peak. That's it.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7948 on: August 15, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »
You just saw the peak. That's it.

Welcome back!

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7949 on: August 16, 2021, 02:43:34 AM »
Big money still closing longs.

Down 13.5k now which is the largest exit this year by 20%.

2nd chart gives some perspective. When it turns red you’re gunna have a bad time.

December rally was 23 days of green.
February rally was 25 days of green.
We are currently at 26 days of green.
The longest prior to this was the Oct-Nov rally of 36 days of green.

However margin interest was miles lower back then and interest was rising until 1 day it stopped whereas right now we have a downward trend of lower daily interest meaning retail is being exhausted again.