Author Topic: To people that have an PS4, and not a xbox one.  (Read 12932 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
To people that have an PS4, and not a xbox one.
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
Is it worth it? Why xbox one is acting like a bitch again, and I'm thinking about driving by the Microsoft store and throwing it though the window, and then driving to best buy and getting a ps4. >:(
A

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: To people that have an PS4, and not a xbox one.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:47:08 PM »
Is it worth it? Why xbox one is acting like a bitch again, and I'm thinking about driving by the Microsoft store and throwing it though the window, and then driving to best buy and getting a ps4. >:(

No, you need to buy an i5 pc with a decent graphics card and 8gb of ram, will piss on both, better graphics and cheaper games too.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 04:49:58 PM »
No you need to buy an i5 pc with a decent graphics card and 8gb of ram, will piss on both, better graphics and cheaper games too.

+100
©

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
no destiny tho
A

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
No, you need to buy an i5 pc with a decent graphics card and 8gb of ram, will piss on both, better graphics and cheaper games too.

I5? What about an i7?  ;)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »
i have a wii  :D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »
+100

To add

Run it through your TV, have it boot straight in to steam big picture mode for console like GUI for selecting games, get a wireless Ms game controller aka wireless 360 controller.Can always go a step further and use kodi as your home media centre, have TV tuner in your pc for live TV within xbmc, have a games sub menu in kodi which runs a script which which launches steam big picture mode, when you finish your gaming and you want to go back to Kodi for live tv\music\movies etc just shutdown steam within big picture and the script switches back to kodi.That MEGA shits on any console UI and OS.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
I5? What about an i7?  ;)

Not worth the extra if just gaming, very worth it if you use apps that take advantage of hyperthreading. Have an i7 myself ;)

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »
Is it worth it?

It is worth it. PS4 got better exclusives, better multi platform games, better interface, etc.
X1 has fundamental engineering flaws.

I was speechless when I found out that X1 has brick-like external power supply that has fan which is working even when the console is turned off. Haha, I still can't believe this is true, what a piece of shit hardware.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »
In a nutshell:
PC > PS4 > crap > XBOX
©

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
In a nutshell:
PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS4 > crap > XBOX

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 05:19:29 PM »
I have a powerful PC that I built and I do play games but I absolutely hate it really.  Shit never works correctly and the controls never feel right or as smooth as on a console.

I much rather play games on a PS4 than my CPU.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
I have a powerful PC that I built and I do play games but I absolutely hate it really.  Shit never works correctly and the controls never feel right or as smooth as on a console.

You are doing something very wrong as frame rates as well as textures, aliasing, draw distance etc on pc murder the ps4.The smoothness of the witcher 3 alone on pc is light years ahead of ps4.May I ask what CPU, how much ram and which gpu you have?ssd as os drive? monitor? os version?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 05:27:02 PM »
Not worth the extra if just gaming, very worth it if you use apps that take advantage of hyperthreading. Have an i7 myself ;)

Read em weep Bitches

Case - Corsair 600t (mesh front, side and top)
case fans - 2 240mm intake/exhaust fans
Processor - intel i7 2600k quad core (overclocked to 4.6 ghz)
Processor cooling - Corsair H70 liquid cooling
Graphics card - Radeon R9 280x (asus direct cuii top edition)
ram - 16gb 1600mhz DDR3 corsair vengeance
Power supply - corsair gs800
Motherboard - Asus p67 sabertooth (milspec. i.e. water/dust shield)
Hard drive 1 - Solid State - seagate 600 series, 256gb, 6gb/s
hard drive 2 - Solid State - intel gaming series, 128 gb, 3gb/s
Blue ray player
CD/DVD burner
.Red LED internal case lighting
White fan lighting
Windows 7
Asus 24" 144 hz 3d (or 2d) gaming monitor

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 05:30:20 PM »
I no longer have an Xbox one.

I traded it in for a 3DS XL.

I play a lot of games on my PC though.

I have an i7 with 32GB of ram and an SLI 4-Way Nvidia Titan setup though. So I'm in the minority when it comes to hardware.

I duplicate out to an HDMI splitter and around to my TV in my game room. I have a PS4 controller I use with this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455701,00.asp

It works great.

I do keep my PS4 for some exclusives and I actually played my most recent Batman Arkham fix on PS4. It was highly enjoyable there and while not quite as visually stunning as the PC version, the PC version had far too many bugs.

Still, PC graphics are always going to be a little bit better and a little bit smoother.

If you like Microsoft exclusives, stick it out, if you think you'll play more Naughty Dog or just things that are on both, then go get your PS4 and don't look back.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 05:30:23 PM »
I have a powerful PC that I built and I do play games but I absolutely hate it really.  Shit never works correctly and the controls never feel right or as smooth as on a console.

probably cause ur computer doesnt like u

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 05:30:39 PM »
You are doing something very wrong as frame rates as well as textures, aliasing, draw distance etc on pc murder the ps4.The smoothness of the witcher 3 alone on pc is light years ahead of ps4.May I ask what CPU, how much ram and which gpu you have?ssd as os drive? monitor? os version?
I actually prefer lower frame rates.  I hate when you barely move anything and the screen jumps violently.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »

Plus, you don't have to upgrade your PS4 with new graphics cards and stuff.  The whole PC vs Console debate is played out.  Hackers ruined PC gaming in a lot of respects......it's all subjective anyway.
Y

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 05:32:34 PM »
I have a ps4 myself. Never have any problems with it at all and I've had it for about a year now. Good durable system. And I've put it through the wringer with Witcher 3, as well.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »
I no longer have an Xbox one.

I traded it in for a 3DS XL.

I play a lot of games on my PC though.

I have an i7 with 32GB of ram and an SLI 4-Way Nvidia Titan setup though. So I'm in the minority when it comes to hardware.

I duplicate out to an HDMI splitter and around to my TV in my game room. I have a PS4 controller I use with this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455701,00.asp

It works great.

I do keep my PS4 for some exclusives and I actually played my most recent Batman Arkham fix on PS4. It was highly enjoyable there and while not quite as visually stunning as the PC version, the PC version had far too many bugs.

Still, PC graphics are always going to be a little bit better and a little bit smoother.

If you like Microsoft exclusives, stick it out, if you think you'll play more Naughty Dog or just things that are on both, then go get your PS4 and don't look back.

Lol@4 way titan setup, you arnt fucking about, what monitor?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
I honestly HATE HATE HATE tinkering with all that stuff on the options menus.  And then messing with the Graphic Card applications themselves.  Then you have the issues that creep up where you change one minor thing and you do nothing but crash to desktop.  Its sad sometimes.  You have a capable computer yet for whatever reasons, running games on Ultra High prove to be impossible some times.  Whats the point?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »
I have a ps4 myself. Never have any problems with it at all and I've had it for about a year now. Good durable system. And I've put it through the wringer with Witcher 3, as well.
I beat Witcher 3 on Death March and completed every single quest, contract, side quest and treasure hunt!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »
I actually prefer lower frame rates.  I hate when you barely move anything and the screen jumps violently.

Not quite sure what you are saying, both would move at the same speed or at same time, just the ps4 would skip more frames, and seem more juddery or violent, and smoother on pc

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 05:36:32 PM »
Lol@4 way titan setup, you arnt fucking about, what monitor?

Oddly enough, I do not have a big time 240hz gaming monitor or anything. I just stick it on my 60 inch and turn all the settings to EXTREME PRETTY.

I'm usually happy enough like that.

Now, If I'm playing something like an RTS or whatever, then yeah, I just play on my regular Dell 2413 monitors. I have 2 of them.

Nothing special at all.