Author Topic: More 2A hate from the left  (Read 1544 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: More 2A hate from the left
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »
My wife and I both own several weapons  as law abiding gun owners in Ga.
I've never had cause to run out with my AR-15 but I've never been in Mark M's situation.

They never discharged their weapons or left their property with them.
In my opinion, they did NOTHING illegal and deserved the pardon.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 08:51:57 AM »
I've never had cause to run out with my AR-15 but I've never been in Mark M's situation.

Yes, and it was my understanding that the mob had destroyed an iron gate to be there.

This situation alone is what obliterates the "nobody NEEDS an assault-rifle" argument.  Had the mob turned to their house, it would have been a situation where a handgun would not be as effective.
Y

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 08:58:35 AM »
Yes, and it was my understanding that the mob had destroyed an iron gate to be there.

This situation alone is what obliterates the "nobody NEEDS an assault-rifle" argument.  Had the mob turned to their house, it would have been a situation where a handgun would not be as effective.

Good point and my rational for having a 30 round "banana clip". ;)

Ya know, I've NEVER had to run out of my home with my AR-15 and I pray I never need to.
My wife and I only bring out any gun or rifle , for target practice at the local gun range.

However, like nuclear weapons, better to have and never need then vice -versa.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 10:20:52 AM »

I’d argue that anyone that holds (and points!) a firearm the way that lady held it should not be allowed to own a wet noodle, much less a gun. ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »
I’d argue that anyone that holds (and points!) a firearm the way that lady held it should not be allowed to own a wet noodle, much less a gun. ;D

I agree neither were trained and muzzle awareness was non existent on her part. But that doesn’t take away they had the right to defend themselves if attacked

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »
I agree neither were trained and muzzle awareness was non existent on her part. But that doesn’t take away they had the right to defend themselves if attacked

I agree; I believe people have a right to defend themselves. Although I will also add that in this case, I don’t think they were in under any danger, much less imminent danger; their action—coming out of their house, with guns—almost certainly escalated the situation and upped the danger level considerably.

Not suggesting that people should wait until the last possible moment—until they can see the proverbial white of an attacker’s eye—to arm and protect themselves, but going out on your front porch like Khaki Rambo seems dumb too.

I think the pardon was silly and sends the wrong message on multiple fronts. But hey, either they’re politically connected or just lucky because the Governor wants to use them to score points and they got pardoned. They’ve milked this thing for all its worth and more; the guy is now running for Congress, I think?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 11:44:08 AM »
I agree; I believe people have a right to defend themselves. Although I will also add that in this case, I don’t think they were in under any danger, much less imminent danger; their action—coming out of their house, with guns—almost certainly escalated the situation and upped the danger level considerably.

Not suggesting that people should wait until the last possible moment—until they can see the proverbial white of an attacker’s eye—to arm and protect themselves, but going out on your front porch like Khaki Rambo seems dumb too.

I think the pardon was silly and sends the wrong message on multiple fronts. But hey, either they’re politically connected or just lucky because the Governor wants to use them to score points and they got pardoned. They’ve milked this thing for all its worth and more; the guy is now running for Congress, I think?

Yes, they over-reacted and should have waited until their house was firebombed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 12:08:13 PM »

Of course -  the mob broke through the iron gate with the only intention being to peacefully walk by.
Y

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 12:17:16 PM »

The legal logic here is pretty simple:

You bend over in the gym shower and see Shizzo  "lathering up" in the corner.
He eyeballs you with lust, but, since no jizz was fired, no harm was done  ;D

This agrees with the other gym shower rule of :
If no  anus was touched = no offense occurred  :-*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 12:35:34 PM »

I'd say the fact this mob broke through a locked gate, trespassed on private property, and threated to kill them and their dog and burn down their house = imminent threat:

"People were screaming everything," Mark McCloskey said.

"[They said] that they were going to kill us," Patricia McCloskey added Monday night. "They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, 'That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room," she recalled.

The couple said protesters also threatened to harm their dog, who was outside at the time of the incident.

"They said 'I’m going to be killing her, too,'" Patricia told Sean Hannity.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/armed-st-louis-homeowner-protests-mccloskey

You need to look at the entire context.  There were violent protests happening across the country.  People were being beaten and killed.  In fact, David Dorn was murdered in the same city not long before this incident happened.

Retired police captain killed on Facebook Live while protecting friend’s pawn shop
June 03, 2020
By Crystal Bonvillian
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/retired-police-captain-killed-facebook-live-while-protecting-friends-pawn-shop/AI3DM5AH7FE25AKZ7A6WVLFVFY/

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 12:49:21 PM »
Just about everyone here is in agreement at least in principle.

Was it something in the water?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »
Just about everyone here is in agreement at least in principle.

Was it something in the water?

That's because, most people want the same BASIC things.
Defending your home ( and family) is universal.

Most political pissing contests come down to "how it looks" . It's also a failure to see the other side.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 07:00:00 PM »

Most political pissing contests come down to "how it looks" . It's also a failure to see the other side.

How the Cow, would you defend your home if ANTIFA shows up !.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 08:57:35 PM »

Yeah, because things are binary and there’s no in between. And, of course, you say they should have waited until their house was “firebombed” but of course there’s no suggestion that this was a concern or that brandishing their firearms prevented such an incident.

But hey, don’t let pesky things like facts and objective reality get in the way of your making sensationalist statements and posting drivel.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 09:07:03 PM »
I'd say the fact this mob broke through a locked gate, trespassed on private property, and threated to kill them and their dog and burn down their house = imminent threat:

Yeah, except objective reality suggests otherwise: video evidence shows the door was intact. See https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/video-shows-gate-was-intact-when-cwe-couple-pointed-guns-at-protesters/63-14a1582a-9372-4494-b8ee-41d5d4d71b61

"People were screaming everything," Mark McCloskey said.

"[They said] that they were going to kill us," Patricia McCloskey added Monday night. "They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, 'That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room," she recalled.

The couple said protesters also threatened to harm their dog, who was outside at the time of the incident.

I have no dog in this fight but the objective facts—videos and the like—suggest a very different story.

"They said 'I’m going to be killing her, too,'" Patricia told Sean Hannity.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/armed-st-louis-homeowner-protests-mccloskey

Did “they” say that before she went outside holding a firearm the way a stoned prostitute holds her John’s limp member?

In fact did “they” even say it at all?

You need to look at the entire context.  There were violent protests happening across the country.  People were being beaten and killed.  In fact, David Dorn was murdered in the same city not long before this incident happened.

I need to “look at the entire context”? You’re posting blatant falsehoods, like your earlier comment about the gate.

I’m not arguing that people don’t have a right to defend themselves, even using lethal force and I don’t believe in a duty to retreat.

What I am arguing is that their response was ill-advised and that the pardon seems to be nothing more than the Governor trying to score political brownie points.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 09:35:11 PM »
Yeah, except objective reality suggests otherwise: video evidence shows the door was intact. See https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/video-shows-gate-was-intact-when-cwe-couple-pointed-guns-at-protesters/63-14a1582a-9372-4494-b8ee-41d5d4d71b61

I have no dog in this fight but the objective facts—videos and the like—suggest a very different story.

Did “they” say that before she went outside holding a firearm the way a stoned prostitute holds her John’s limp member?

I need to “look at the entire context”? You’re posting blatant falsehoods, like your earlier comment about the gate.

I’m not arguing that people don’t have a right to defend themselves, even using lethal force and I don’t believe in a duty to retreat.

What I am arguing is that their response was ill-advised and that the pardon seems to be nothing more than the Governor trying to score political brownie points.

Community is gated for reason...they pay for that Gated protection via HOA fees I’m sure to keep the community PRIVATE. The gate door can still be opened but the gate itself is still intact otherwise it would make it useless. Since they pay for that privacy, in order to enter a homeowner would have to give permission to enter in order FOR THEM TOO SEE the hotel.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 11:06:49 PM »

The article you posted is not objective.  It's subjective.  They clearly had an agenda.  What difference does it make if some people were let in while others broke through the gate on private property?  There are pictures of the broken down gate.  Logically, that happened on the way in, not on the way out. 

I didn't post blatant falsehoods.  I posted quotes from the victims. 

You ignored the context of all of the violence, looting, murder, mayhem, and the murder of David Dorn that happened shortly before this incident in the same city. 

I think prosecuting them while giving the violent trespassers a pass (so to speak) was clearly political, was done by one of the Soros-back social justice warriors, and those poor folks never should have been charged in the first place.  They committed the crime of sitting in their own home and minding their own business before being bombarded by those criminals (and yes they were trespassing on private property). 

I would do same thing to anyone who came on my property and threatened me or my family.  They would be pushing up daisies.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »
Community is gated for reason...they pay for that Gated protection via HOA fees I’m sure to keep the community PRIVATE. The gate door can still be opened but the gate itself is still intact otherwise it would make it useless. Since they pay for that privacy, in order to enter a homeowner would have to give permission to enter in order FOR THEM TOO SEE the hotel.

Correct. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2021, 06:23:54 AM »

How the Cow, would you defend your home if ANTIFA shows up !.

I'd bend over and let 'em french kiss me  ;D
Not on the right or left cheek, but  in the "chocolate filled center "

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »
I'd bend over and let 'em french kiss me  ;D
Not on the right or left cheek, but  in the "chocolate filled center "

ANTIFA BoB (Lurker) is gonna be  >:( >:( >:(

;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »
Yeah, because things are binary and there’s no in between. And, of course, you say they should have waited until their house was “firebombed” but of course there’s no suggestion that this was a concern or that brandishing their firearms prevented such an incident.

But hey, don’t let pesky things like facts and objective reality get in the way of your making sensationalist statements and posting drivel.

Brilliant reply Univershitty Math Professor.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 08:44:52 PM »

This clueless comment...haha.

...yet at the same time the platform of your party is the destruction of the family unit and eliminating private property rights.

Dem party political dinosaurs are allowing this.

SAD!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2021, 09:39:37 AM »

This clueless comment...haha.

...yet at the same time the platform of your party is the destruction of the family unit and eliminating private property rights.

Dem party political dinosaurs are allowing this.

SAD!

You may not agree with the dems methods, but the goal remains the same :
To provide some measure of safety/ security to help parents and children.

For example, not everyone is in favor of:  free/reduced "funded" lunch programs in public schools.
Dems think it's the job of government to ASSIST with feeding poor children.
Conservatives may feel feeding all kids , should be left to parents and/or charity.

But, it's obvious BOTH sides want kids properly fed . NOBODY wants to see kids starve.
The issue really comes down to ,WHO's gonna be responsible for feeding them.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2021, 10:52:06 AM »
Brilliant reply Univershitty Math Professor.

Ah yes: the fallback position of people who can’t debate a subject and are having their proverbial ass handed to them: ad-hominems and playground insults.