Author Topic: Interesting article geared towards those who tend to believe far fetched news  (Read 1445 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/doing-your-own-research-is-a-good-way-to-end-up-being-wrong/ar-AA1n7pEv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=621690f0341b43138048665c4395505a&ei=25

"people who believe false claims often do so because those claims comport with their broader ideology or philosophy. Like a parent confronted with allegations of misbehavior by their child, those individuals would presumably be more likely to embrace dubious information supporting their belief than information that corroborates the allegations. The study presented participants with news stories to evaluate without a predisposition. In the real world, that usually doesn’t happen.

One of the ways the modern media environment has made it easier for false information to spread is that false information often adopts the veneer of reliable information. Sites like the Gateway Pundit look like news sites in broad strokes. The Gateway Pundit, despite its history of propagating nonsense, is often treated as legitimate by people of prominence — so its claims are treated as credible."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

One of the ways the modern media environment has made it easier for false information to spread is that false information often adopts the veneer of reliable information. Sites like the Gateway Pundit look like news sites in broad strokes. The Gateway Pundit, despite its history of propagating nonsense, is often treated as legitimate by people of prominence — so its claims are treated as credible."

Sounds like a picture perfect description of MSNBC and CNN as well.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/doing-your-own-research-is-a-good-way-to-end-up-being-wrong/ar-AA1n7pEv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=621690f0341b43138048665c4395505a&ei=25

"people who believe false claims often do so because those claims comport with their broader ideology or philosophy. Like a parent confronted with allegations of misbehavior by their child, those individuals would presumably be more likely to embrace dubious information supporting their belief than information that corroborates the allegations. The study presented participants with news stories to evaluate without a predisposition. In the real world, that usually doesn’t happen.

It’s only not credible when you can’t produce any evidence. Hope that helps

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
There is a disease in this country that goes right along with all this.

In Howie Mandel's latest interview with RFK, he said "they never said it would stop covid".

When RFK said he'd pull up the video, Howie changed to "who cares what Rachael Maddow thinks".

But the very fact he said what he said in the first place, shows how bad the insulation and groupthink is for people.

FWIW, the video isn't only Maddow, it's POTUS and the head of the CDC.
Y

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Sounds like a picture perfect description of MSNBC and CNN as well.

Pretty much all our news now. 

I don't really ever go on MSNBC.  But I do check CNN.com pretty much every day.  They are just as shameless as much of the rightwing sites IMO.  Dam, maybe I should be going to aljazeera.com lol

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Pretty much all our news now. 

I don't really ever go on MSNBC.  But I do check CNN.com pretty much every day.  They are just as shameless as much of the rightwing sites IMO.  Dam, maybe I should be going to aljazeera.com lol

I would say the difference is Fox News doesn't hide the conservative slant, while MSCBC and CNN feign that they're impartial.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Oh FNG please!   you are the worst offender! 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I would say the difference is Fox News doesn't hide the conservative slant, while MSCBC and CNN feign that they're impartial.

I don't look at Fox much either but I really agree with you about CNN lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

This article was written by Philip Bump.  Here is an article that includes a clip of Philip Bump denying that there is any evidence of Joe Biden knowing about Hunter Biden's corrupt business dealings, then threatening to walk off the set. 

Liberal Washington Post journo storms off Noam Dworman podcast over Biden question
A podcast episode went off the rails when the host insisted there was evidence Joe Biden knew about his son’s corruption with foreign business firms.
Gabriel Hays – Fox News
September 3, 2023
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/liberal-washington-post-journo-storms-off-noam-dworman-podcast-over-biden-question/news-story/4ad8d5ca747e3bcc31ebfe831927bc76

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
This article was written by Philip Bump.  Here is an article that includes a clip of Philip Bump denying that there is any evidence of Joe Biden knowing about Hunter Biden's corrupt business dealings, then threatening to walk off the set. 

Liberal Washington Post journo storms off Noam Dworman podcast over Biden question
A podcast episode went off the rails when the host insisted there was evidence Joe Biden knew about his son’s corruption with foreign business firms.
Gabriel Hays – Fox News
September 3, 2023
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/liberal-washington-post-journo-storms-off-noam-dworman-podcast-over-biden-question/news-story/4ad8d5ca747e3bcc31ebfe831927bc76

Oh man I didn't connect the dots.

Yeah, that guy is a tool.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Oh man I didn't connect the dots.

Yeah, that guy is a tool.

I doubt Agnostic knows about Philip Bump, but Bump speaks his language, so Agnostic naturally found the article enlightening.  Classic confirmation bias.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Your comment is interesting because you never produce any evidence of your claims, or rather the claims of the media sources you follow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Your comment is interesting because you never produce any evidence of your claims, or rather the claims of the media sources you follow.

How could you possibly know that when you refuse to read what he posts? 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

In Howie Mandel's latest interview with RFK, he said "they never said it would stop covid".

When RFK said he'd pull up the video, Howie changed to "who cares what Rachael Maddow thinks".

But the very fact he said what he said in the first place, shows how bad the insulation and groupthink is for people.

You can really tell when you’ve made a solid point, when nobody counters. They just grab the low hanging fruit in the thread.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

If the point is that Rachel Maddow said it would stop covid, I agree with Howie in the sense that who cares what she thinks.  But to be fair to her, she corrected that statement I believe on the same episode. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
If the point is that Rachel Maddow said it would stop covid, I agree with Howie in the sense that who cares what she thinks.  But to be fair to her, she corrected that statement I believe on the same episode.

No, the point was that it was thought that by getting vaccinated, you would not get Covid, and you would not infect others.

It was thought this way because that was communicated from a variety of sources - the main ones being the President of the United States, and the Director of the CDC (amongst others).

Pretty big sources.  But Howie was saying nobody said it, not just Maddow.  If you have a video of her apologizing, can you show it, because it would be cool to see.   Maddow also ran with a fake Rolling Stone story where they claimed a hospital was not treating gunshot wound victims because it was overrun by people who overdosed on.........Ivermectin.  Complete fabrication, of which I have not seen an apology for either.

But to the original point, if they never said it would stop infection, and they never said it wouldn't stop transmission, what possible rationale would they have for mandating it for companies with total employee count over 100, the military, etc?

Dude, they fucked this whole thing up, and will never admit they were wrong, because it will open a myriad of other problems for them.  But it also helps them to have completely insulated neurotic douchecocks like Mandel who have a big enough platform to give enough confirmation bias to those who took the shot and are still in denial.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

This is why you, lurker and Agnostic have never won a debate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

It was not just her - it was walensky, fauci, biden, and the rest of the pedo dirtbags you support. 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Maddow is a conspiracy theorist and a total loony lefty pos, and you obviously watch her show, says a lot about you.
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
This is why you, lurker and Agnostic have never won a debate

This is why you have never spent any time in reality.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

The originating content went right over his head.  (pun.  but not really)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
The originating content went right over his head.  (pun.  but not really)

:)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.

Seems like a sensible & credible unbiased description by Phillip Bump 🤡
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Typical Loony Leftist

Gabriel Hays – Fox News
September 3, 2023

Do you feel like a Big 🤡 for posting such Crap.

Really thought you were smarter than that AG 🤷🏻‍♂️

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
No, the point was that it was thought that by getting vaccinated, you would not get Covid, and you would not infect others.

It was thought this way because that was communicated from a variety of sources - the main ones being the President of the United States, and the Director of the CDC (amongst others).

Pretty big sources.  But Howie was saying nobody said it, not just Maddow.  If you have a video of her apologizing, can you show it, because it would be cool to see.   Maddow also ran with a fake Rolling Stone story where they claimed a hospital was not treating gunshot wound victims because it was overrun by people who overdosed on.........Ivermectin.  Complete fabrication, of which I have not seen an apology for either.

But to the original point, if they never said it would stop infection, and they never said it wouldn't stop transmission, what possible rationale would they have for mandating it for companies with total employee count over 100, the military, etc?

Dude, they fucked this whole thing up, and will never admit they were wrong, because it will open a myriad of other problems for them.  But it also helps them to have completely insulated neurotic douchecocks like Mandel who have a big enough platform to give enough confirmation bias to those who took the shot and are still in denial.

Many supposed leaders & MSM very deliberately lied about the Clot shots they knew full well they were potentially
very harmful & damaging & Fuck all to stop China Virus it was Never the purpose of the Clot shots.

My bet is next there will be a huge increase in Cancer cases in coming years in the clot shot takers
As if the higher than average deaths already going on isn't a Big Fucking Clue.
Still 🤡s & 🐑 will continue to bury their heads up their arse & not admit they were mislead & or Fools.

Making a mistake is human only if you can't admit it your never going to learn from it & carry on doing
The same mistake - how many Clot shots have some folk had.?  Fucking 🤡s