Author Topic: So i measured my bodyfat today.  (Read 3218 times)

stayhungry

• Getbig III
So i measured my bodyfat today.
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:14:13 AM »
like the topic says. I masured 3-4 times on each spot to make it really accurate with my fat caliper. I dont believe the results though. It claims im 10.5% bodyfat. Would you guys agree with this pic?

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
Re: So i measured my bodyfat today.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 01:28:44 PM »
I would guess you are higher then 10.5%.......

stayhungry

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »
Thats what i was thinking too. I used the accu calipers though.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 11:39:32 PM »
You should have sharply defined serratus and abs at 10% bodyfat.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 10:51:28 AM »
I'd say 15-16% just eye-balling the pic.  I've worked with lots of people and have an eye for that sort of thing.  If you want the truth, get a DXA scan.  I use the calipers primarily to track progress.  The most important thing is not your measurement but what you look like in the mirror.

As I prep for a contest I look for...
1) Vascularity in my extremeties
2) Separation between obliques and rectus abdominus
3) Clear abdominal definition (six pack - 10% bf)
4) Vasularity in my abdominals (starting just around the waist and running up my sides)
5) Separation in my hamstrings and quadriceps
6) Christmas tree (spinal erectors)
7) Chiseled face/Distinct jaw line)
8 ) Caliper measurement 1" above and 1" inside of hip bone approaching 2-3 mm (really lean)
9) Diminishing measurement of waist at belly button (for me really lean is a 29.5" measurement but it depends on your bone structure).
10) Vascularity in your thighs, chest, shoulders...

What is a give away in your pic is that you have fat covering your hips and I don't see any abdominal definition yet.  You have to be a awesome shape to be at 10% -- much better than most people think.

Romans 1:20

Killahbee

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 03:00:47 PM »
If you're holding water (which in that pic you are), it can give the illusion as subQ fat. Try low carbs in addition to high water intake for a few days, then take it again.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 02:16:29 PM »
my calipers that 'click' would say im 5-7% when i was really 15% :)   I just got by pants size/tight/loose , the mirror and check weight once a week to see whats going on but mirror is the most important cos a number don't mean shit if your trying to do abs and thighs pose with a fat gut  ;D

your looking good anyhow , just keep doing what your doing and drop a bit of intake calories or cardio 10 mins more a session or something.

whats ya diet/plan like anyhow? are u getting ready for a comp?

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 02:19:36 PM »
I'd say 15-16% just eye-balling the pic.  I've worked with lots of people and have an eye for that sort of thing.  If you want the truth, get a DXA scan.  I use the calipers primarily to track progress.  The most important thing is not your measurement but what you look like in the mirror.

As I prep for a contest I look for...
1) Vascularity in my extremeties
2) Separation between obliques and rectus abdominus
3) Clear abdominal definition (six pack - 10% bf)
4) Vasularity in my abdominals (starting just around the waist and running up my sides)
5) Separation in my hamstrings and quadriceps
6) Christmas tree (spinal erectors)
7) Chiseled face/Distinct jaw line)
8 ) Caliper measurement 1" above and 1" inside of hip bone approaching 2-3 mm (really lean)
9) Diminishing measurement of waist at belly button (for me really lean is a 29.5" measurement but it depends on your bone structure).
10) Vascularity in your thighs, chest, shoulders...

What is a give away in your pic is that you have fat covering your hips and I don't see any abdominal definition yet.  You have to be a awesome shape to be at 10% -- much better than most people think.

excellent info btw , will come in handy   ;)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:36:30 AM »
If you want to use the calipers as accurately as possible, then go with the seven site analysis.  There is a long as equation for it but it is way more accurate than the 3 site with the charts.  You'll have to look it up because the equation is wayyy tooo long to remember.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »
Your best bet is hydrostatic weighing, where they put you in a tank and submerge you. This can be pricey tho.

See if any of the local colleges have Exercise Physiology programs and see if they need participants for classes and volunteer yourself.

FSU used to do this all the time. Now with any test there is a degree of error but if done right this is the best route...