Author Topic: Presidential Debates  (Read 24491 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Presidential Debates
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2012, 08:07:05 AM »
The LA Dodgers took on almost half a billion dollars in contracts in addition to giving up prospects just to acquire Adrian Gonzalez.  Then they promptly missed the playoffs, and have Carl Crawford next year returning from Tommy John surgery.  This is a problem, Mal.

Dont get me started on them...

But In all Seriousness, we lost are Ace (Chad had emerged as our ace over Kershaw) and we missed Kemp for a 1/4 of the season... We just couldnt over come injuried to our best hitter and our best hitter.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »
Republicans dont cort the black vote... they dont care about it.

This is never understood, why is their a "black vote"? I'm pretty sure we are all Americans - everybody always talking about bringing the country together, then this.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
This is never understood, why is their a "black vote"? I'm pretty sure we are all Americans - everybody always talking about bringing the country together, then this.

Exactly.   Who gies a rats ass about "the black vote"?  how about the "taxpayer vote" ? ? ?  ?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
Dont get me started on them...

But In all Seriousness, we lost are Ace (Chad had emerged as our ace over Kershaw) and we missed Kemp for a 1/4 of the season... We just couldnt over come injuried to our best hitter and our best hitter.

Not a good excuse.  Use the Yankees as an example.  Their injuries were worse.  I would worry about this ownership group.  I get acquiring Gonzalez, and maybe Beckett.  No excuse on taking on Crawford too.  If you have 20M to spend on an OF, there are about a billion better choices.
Y

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2012, 08:15:03 AM »
The point I'm trying to make is that it appears that blacks are intentionally trying to separate themselves from all other Americans by asking for their vote to be cort'd, simply because they are black.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
I got you.. and i wish it were like this.. but its a lot of "our side, your side" stuff..
I really hate it when we have soliders of all races dying for this country, but its still this "our country shit"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2012, 08:16:13 AM »
The point I'm trying to make is that it appears that blacks are intentionally trying to separate themselves from all other Americans by asking for their vote to be cort'd, simply because they are black.

Unless the GOP promises more free stuff and goodies they are accused of racism.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »

Exactly.   Who gies a rats ass about "the black vote"?  how about the "taxpayer vote" ? ? ?  ?

Shut up bitch.. youre the biggest race baiter on the board.. you have no imput on this conversation... shut the fuck up chump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:42 AM »
Shut up bitch.. youre the biggest race baiter on the board.. you have no imput on this conversation... shut the fuck up chump

LOL

You think a slob like obama phone lady, peggy or julio are ever going to vote for a Republican? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2012, 08:21:32 AM »

I think America has throughout the years tried to separate America from Blacks. I understand you have a different view point. It isnt "get our vote because were black" its more of. Blacks are concentrated in this particular area and what policies have you put in place to assist this area be it education, economy and otherwise. Thats what blacks say by cort the vote. What policies would you have for people in this area.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »
I think America has throughout the years tried to separate America from Blacks. I understand you have a different view point. It isnt "get our vote because were black" its more of. Blacks are concentrated in this particular area and what policies have you put in place to assist this area be it education, economy and otherwise. Thats what blacks say by cort the vote. What policies would you have for people in this area.

WTF are you talking about?   

how about free market capitalism and freedom? 

How about no more liberal slave plantation programs that make things disastrously worse? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
LOL

You think a slob like obama phone lady, peggy or julio are ever going to vote for a Republican?  

Yes.  I talked politics with some sad, poor folks last night and they just want change.  They dont love obama, they just want better jobs than killing themselves til 3 am for $75.   So it's just 'voting for something else' without knowing the details.  

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »

That I can understand, but there is more than enough blame to go around on this issue.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »
Yes.  I talked politics with some sad, poor folks last night and they just want change.  They dont love obama, they just want better jobs than killing themselves til 3 am for $75.   So it's just 'voting for something else' without knowing the details.  

Same pulse thoughout the country i think.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
That I can understand, but there is more than enough blame to go around on this issue.

Oh yeah.. for sure.. a level 1 thinker says its all the presidents fault. The leve 2 thinkers know its federal, state, local, Unions, school board etc (just talking about education right now) that all factor in on how decisions are made.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »
Oh yeah.. for sure.. a level 1 thinker says its all the presidents fault. The leve 2 thinkers know its federal, state, local, Unions, school board etc (just talking about education right now) that all factor in on how decisions are made.

Right - and a level 3 thinker somehow believe re-electing a failed admn who broke all its promises and has directly made things worse for blacks and cant work a deal w the congress and bases said vote due to racial solidarity makes sense.   :-*  :-*

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »
The LA Dodgers took on almost half a billion dollars in contracts in addition to giving up prospects just to acquire Adrian Gonzalez.  Then they promptly missed the playoffs, and have Carl Crawford next year returning from Tommy John surgery.  This is a problem, Mal.

I wouldnt worry about this ownership group.. We might need a tougher GM tho.. But an ownership group with a bunch of money to spend... its just a matter of time before we get it right and win a WS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2012, 12:19:11 PM »
Very solid performance by Romney.  Obama was, as expected, not very good when having to think on his feet.  At times he had the deer in headlights look.  Spent much of the time pretending to take notes.  Romney was all over him. 

I think they both need to spend more time looking at the camera when they speak. 

Best line of the debate for me was Romney responding to Obama's claim that companies get a tax break for sending jobs overseas.  Romney said he has been in business 25 years and doesn't know what Obama is talking about, and maybe Romney needs a new accountant.

I also liked Romney talking about how he was able to work with Democrats as governor, and contrasted that to Obama trying to steamroll Republicans when he had a majority, then got stuck in gridlock when Democrats lost the House.  Will be more of the same if Obama gets another term.  Only one of them has a track record of working across party lines.   

One of the things that stood out was Romney's competence and experience.   

It will only get worse for Obama, because when they have to talk about foreign policy, he's not going to have many good things to say. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »
Liberals 'freak out' after Obama's poor debate performance
By Dan Gainor
Published October 04, 2012
FoxNews.com

The late Warren Zevon wrote the song “Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead” in 1991. After Wednesday’s presidential debate, it could be the new theme for the Obama campaign and even the liberals of MSNBC seemed to know it. Though some major media outlets attempted to limit the collateral damage.

When the Rocky Mountain debate came to an end, a black cloud descended on the liberal off-shoot of NBC. “A CNN/ORC poll of registered voters who watched the debate in Denver showed 67 percent believe Romney won the debate, while just 25 percent said Obama won,” the Hill reported.

For MSNBCers, it was a sign of The End Times. Perennial Obama Fan Club President Chris Matthews lamented the whole ordeal, whining this “wasn’t an MSNBC debate, was it? It just wasn’t.”

Matthews erupted into a vein-throbbing rant about how Obama should be watching MSNBC to learn his debate talking points. “Where was Obama tonight?! He should watch, well not just 'Hardball,' Rachel [Maddow], he should watch you, he should watch the Reverend Al [Sharpton], he should watch Lawrence [O'Donnell]. He would learn something about this debate,” he vented. Perhaps the new soundtrack for “Hardball,” will be “After The Thrill Is Gone.”

Throughout much of the media universe, the Obama faithful were distraught by the president's poor performance.

Fellow MSNBC host Ed Schultz echoed the panic and added Obama “created a problem for himself on Social Security tonight. He agrees with Mitt Romney.” “I was absolutely stunned tonight,” Schultz concluded. In fact, MSNBC’s focus group of “undecideds,” all thought Romney did well.

Throughout much of the media universe, the Obama faithful were equally distraught with Huffington Post giving the night to the GOP candidate under the headline: “ROMNEY WINS THE NIGHT.” Foul comedian and Obama Super PAC million-dollar contributor Bill Maher took to Twitter to express his frustration. “ can't believe I'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter,” he snarked. Movie maker Michael Moore joined in the distress, begging the president to do better. “Obama please be Obama! You sound like a Democrat (wimpy).”

The lefty propaganda site Talking Points Memo couldn’t even spin it in a good way. Instead, it ran the headline: “Obama Camp: Romney Won On ‘Style’” and featured a “Best ‘Zingers’” video that strongly favored Romney.

Washington Post wunderkind Ezra Klein was sarcastic. “If the Obama campaign was worried about Dems being overconfident going into the final stretch, tonight should allay those fears,” Klein commented.

Media entrepreneur and critic Jeff Jarvis asked if Obama had anyone who would “beat him up over tonight?” “Obama didn't just act professorial, as some are calling him. He acted like a prof with tenure,” Jarvis added.

Even Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley, auditioning poorly for a national spot, mistakenly referred to Romney as “president” during a live interview.

Despite the math of the evening’s results, some major media outlets downplayed Romney’s big win.

New York Times analysis described the debate “like a seminar by a business consultant and a college professor,” claiming “they talked over each other without connecting their ideas to voters.” Writers Jeff Zeleny and Jim Rutenberg gave Romney the mildest of attaboys. “If Mr. Romney’s goal was to show that he could project equal stature to the president, he succeeded, perhaps offering his campaign the lift that Republicans have been seeking,” they wrote.

Liberal Nate Silver, the Times’ FiveThirtyEight blogger, tried to put a good spin on a bad evening. “Mitigating factor: not really a lot of bad Obama soundbytes. He was just flat, throughout,” he claimed. Times Editorial Page Editor Andrew Rosenthal was skeptical of a Romney victory. “Ouch. But is it a real sample? Hard to imagine how,” he commented in response to the results showing Romney winning 67-25.

Times columnist economist Paul Krugman first admitted Romney won, before then trying to undermine that victory. “OK, so Obama did a terrible job in the debate, and Romney did well,” he wrote. But then Krugman went on to say it should be about “substance.” “And the fact is that everything Obama said was basically true, while much of what Romney said was either outright false or so misleading as to be the moral equivalent of a lie.”

On CBS, Time Assistant Managing Editor Rana Foroohar said it all came down to taxes and questioned “whether Romney's math adds up.”

Both NBC and CNN were surprised that Obama never mentioned Romney’s 47-percent comment. NBC’s David Gregory seemed stunned that Obama didn’t use that line, complaining: “He didn’t bring up the 47 percent!” CNN’s Wolf Blitzer was similarly surprised that Obama ignored “attack lines” like that one. Even the Post’s after-debate editorial took aim at Romney over that number. “One of the surprises of the evening was the number that remained unmentioned: 47 percent,” the paper wrote.

CNN’s ascot-wearing commentator Roland Martin, shockingly declared there was “no clear cut winner.” “There were moments where both were sharp with zingers & hard hitting lines,” he added. But later amended his positive viewpoint with crowd commentary. “A number of folks coming up to me at this NY debate party, stating they are Obama supporters, NOT happy with his performance,” he explained on Twitter.

Time’s Mark Halperin incredibly graded the “Denver Donnybrook” as close, giving Romney an A- and Obama a B-. This despite Time's senior political analyst claiming that Obama, “surprisingly, seemed more nervous and tentative than his challenger.”

Conservative response to the evening was pretty much universally positive. The best evidence of that came from MSNBC’s Resident RINO, Joe Scarborough of “Morning Joe.” Scarborough Tweeted: “Tonight was a big win for Mitt Romney. He dominated the debate in every way. This wasn't even close.” When even Scarborough is backing Romney, it’s a blowout.

But now that the debate is over, the liberal media fact-check machine will shift into high gear. Several outlets attempted to analyze the truthfulness of the debate. ABC news deployed a tome-like fact-checking page, complete with video and red and blue graphics.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/04/liberals-freak-out-after-obama-poor-debate-performance/

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »

wow...this coming from the guy who is obsessed with blacks

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2012, 10:22:48 AM »

[/quot

I feel bad for how badly blacks were played for fools w Obama.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »

"black ppl voted for obama b/c he is black but race had nothing to do with it" - Andre

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
"black ppl voted for obama b/c he is black but race had nothing to do with it" - Andre

still twisting my words I see...another guy obsessed with blacks and the black cock

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
still twisting my words I see...another guy obsessed with blacks and the black cock
there is no twist there buddy, thats what you said....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
My two cents on the VP debate:

Overall, neither one performed exceptionally well.  Biden was an absolute punk.  One of the most unprofessional displays I have ever seen in a debate of that magnitude.  He really was trying too hard.  

When you get past the laughing, smirking, and interrupting, we were left with blatant dishonesty by Biden.  He voted against both wars?  Libya personnel didn't ask for security?  The State Department gave them bad intel?  Only millionaires will pay higher taxes under Obama?  All of our troops are leaving Afghanistan in 2014?

Ryan was a little shaky at times, but he came across as more dignified, credible, and presidential than Biden.

Sure helped me understand why Democrats didn't want Biden as president.  The fact he is a heartbeat away from the presidency is scary.