Author Topic: Hey Libs, you guys missed this stuff on your mainstream media  (Read 7771 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: Hey Libs, you guys missed this stuff on your mainstream media
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 03:33:39 PM »
Much of this stuff is common knowledge:

I have spoken to people on the ground in Iraq and watched a DVD of construction of hospitals, parks, schools, military/police training, etc. 

Watched a DVD huh?  Hey BeachBum......if you believe in this make up BS war. GO FIGHT LIKE I DID......you chickenshit.

F.U.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 04:19:17 PM »
Haven't found anything to discredit my factual post? I know that because like OzmO, 240, cardio, Beserker etc...you have resulted to persnal attacks. That is what happens when you guys can't argue the topic anymore

From your story...

"A recent Opinion Research poll revealed that the majority of Iraqis “believe that life is getting better,” that “current American-led military operations now under way in Iraq will disarm all militias,” and that “life is better now than it was under Saddam Hussein."

The real results of the poll... see my post. Last one.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=135297.0

Also from your story...

The war in Iraq is far from being won. However, it is not lost -- provided that we at home have the stomach to continue this long fight to a successful end. Signs are (tentatively) encouraging at this point, and, as Petraeus has said, by summer we will know a good bit more.

You don't know how to read. Writers can write any story from any spin angle. It's up to the reader to figure out what is fact. Your factual post has a lot of holes and a lot of unsubstantiated blah blah in it.  And doesn't sound like even this author believes in the fluffy clouds and unicorns you keep trying to sell.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 04:22:54 PM »

Watched a DVD huh?  Hey BeachBum......if you believe in this make up BS war. GO FIGHT LIKE I DID......you chickenshit.

F.U.

LOL.  Do I know you?  You are the "highly intelligent physician"?  Glad I'm not sick . . . .

I watched a DVD my good friend brought back from Iraq during R & R that showed Koreans in Iraq and the work they're doing for the Iraqi people.  I created a thread about it a while back you can find on this site somewhere. 

I've already served.  Not in combat, but I've served my country. 

Can I recommend anger management counseling?   :) 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 04:24:59 PM »

You might recommend it to Militarymuscle while you're at it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »
You might recommend it to Militarymuscle while you're at it.

LOL~

He considers waterboarding to be therapeutic for POWs.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 04:35:30 PM »
 ;D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »
LOL.  Do I know you?  You are the "highly intelligent physician"?  Glad I'm not sick . . . .

I watched a DVD my good friend brought back from Iraq during R & R that showed Koreans in Iraq and the work they're doing for the Iraqi people.  I created a thread about it a while back you can find on this site somewhere. 

I've already served.  Not in combat, but I've served my country. 

Hey Bum.....I'm a very level headed man and not angry. I just get tired of people talking like they REALLY know what's going on in Iraq, when they do not.

Watching DVD's of the "50 S. Koreans" in Iraq is garbage. I believe ONE Korean has died for this war...........based in Bush lies.

Ask yourself........where are all the Generals involved in the war? Gone. Head of the CIA....Gone. Defense Sec. Gone. Why did Colin Powell leave? Answer: He figured it out also.
It's soooooooo damn obvious, but people are still blinded. (just a few left)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 05:17:48 PM »
Hey Bum.....I'm a very level headed man and not angry. I just get tired of people talking like they REALLY know what's going on in Iraq, when they do not.

Watching DVD's of the "50 S. Koreans" in Iraq is garbage. I believe ONE Korean has died for this war...........based in Bush lies.

Ask yourself........where are all the Generals involved in the war? Gone. Head of the CIA....Gone. Defense Sec. Gone. Why did Colin Powell leave? Answer: He figured it out also.
It's soooooooo damn obvious, but people are still blinded. (just a few left)

I hear you Enigma.  I don't pretend to know what is really going on in Iraq.  My information is second hand.  One of my beefs is how the media and many people do nothing but bash the war and by extension the military (either directly or indirectly).  I'm a huge supporter of the military.  It's a big part of my life:  friends, neighbors, church members, members of the community.  We have a very large military population in Hawaii.       

My closest friend is on the ground in Iraq.  He has actually expressed some of the same frustration that you have.  I know there are a lot of our men and women who are probably disillusioned.  Seeing your buddies die will do that.  The constant negative drumbeat at home doesn't help.  Fighting an invisible enemy with no clear end in sight doesn't help.   

We're not going to agree on Bush.  But I think we both support the troops.     

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2007, 05:29:44 PM »
I hear you Enigma.  I don't pretend to know what is really going on in Iraq.  My information is second hand.  One of my beefs is how the media and many people do nothing but bash the war and by extension the military (either directly or indirectly).  I'm a huge supporter of the military.  It's a big part of my life:  friends, neighbors, church members, members of the community.  We have a very large military population in Hawaii.       

My closest friend is on the ground in Iraq.  He has actually expressed some of the same frustration that you have.  I know there are a lot of our men and women who are probably disillusioned.  Seeing your buddies die will do that.  The constant negative drumbeat at home doesn't help.  Fighting an invisible enemy with no clear end in sight doesn't help.   

We're not going to agree on Bush.  But I think we both support the troops.     

Agreed.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »
I hear you Enigma.  I don't pretend to know what is really going on in Iraq. 

But you do pretend to know. What you write is indicative of what you think. Go look at your posts. If you don't know, then don't talk. You always make these half-assed to the right - but not really - posts to sound neutral, but you aren't.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »
LOL~

LOL, yeah.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »
But you do pretend to know. What you write is indicative of what you think. Go look at your posts. If you don't know, then don't talk. You always make these half-assed to the right - but not really - posts to sound neutral, but you aren't.

Wrong.  I don't pretend to know anything.  When I know, I say I know.  When I'm not sure, I make assumptions.  When I don't know, I say I don't know. 

I am neutral on some things, but not on others.  I'm really an open book.  Probably too much so.  I say what I think.  I'm not trying to please you or anyone else with anything I say here.  I do my best not to offend, but frankly I don't care what others think (that includes you, unless I am offending someone--particularly a female, and please let me know if I do this). 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2007, 06:30:25 PM »
  Oh wow--you mean the Iraqis get to use cell phones now? And all the while I was thinking that the thousands of American lives and billlions of American dollars that have been lost over there wasn't worthwhile. What was I thinking?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2007, 06:34:27 PM »
I people do nothing but bash the war and by extension the military (either directly or indirectly)

I never understood this.

You CAN bash the war without bashing the military or the troops.

We want them out of danger.  The war requires they walk up and down target lane and wait to be blanked.  That's not good, IMO.  I'd prefer they be in trailers watching screens, and firing missiles and anything that gets within 5 miles of the pipeline, bases, or border.  I want them to stay alive.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2007, 07:03:08 PM »
I never understood this.

You CAN bash the war without bashing the military or the troops.

We want them out of danger.  The war requires they walk up and down target lane and wait to be blanked.  That's not good, IMO.  I'd prefer they be in trailers watching screens, and firing missiles and anything that gets within 5 miles of the pipeline, bases, or border.  I want them to stay alive.

Oh cut the crap 240.  You talk out of both sides of your mouth.  Telling our soldiers they are losers, saying those who died wasted their lives, accusing our military of being involved in a conspiracy to murder innocent civilians, pouncing every anti-military story.  It is indeed possible to be critical of the war and support the troops, but you don't do that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2007, 07:56:41 PM »
Oh cut the crap 240.  You talk out of both sides of your mouth.  Telling our soldiers they are losers, saying those who died wasted their lives, accusing our military of being involved in a conspiracy to murder innocent civilians, pouncing every anti-military story.  It is indeed possible to be critical of the war and support the troops, but you don't do that. 

No, I think you misinterpret what I say.

I never said our soldiers were losers.  For you to make up that line speaks volumes about you.  Their lives were lost in the pursuit of stronger US position for resources - global positioning and oil/natural gas.  They helped preserve freedom in that China and Russia won't have access to these resources.  I wish you'd be honest with yourself to face that.  They are brave and they did fight for our freedom.  But the war is based on a lie.  You should face that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »
I might align with Coulter but you align with these people?

http://www.rightpundits.com/

"Showing that their true colors are not red, white and blue, a pack of wild liberals burned a U.S. soldier in effigy in Portland Oregon. The despicable act of “free speech” took place at an organized anti-war rally"

"The flag got burned as well, upside down and all. An upside down flag is a sign of a nation in distress. You should not lose the irony that the distress flag is always near where liberals gather. They are certainly screwing the country."

OMG boy, you have clearly reached a whole new level of stupidity.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:30 AM »
From your story...

"A recent Opinion Research poll revealed that the majority of Iraqis “believe that life is getting better,” that “current American-led military operations now under way in Iraq will disarm all militias,” and that “life is better now than it was under Saddam Hussein."

The real results of the poll... see my post. Last one.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=135297.0

Also from your story...

The war in Iraq is far from being won. However, it is not lost -- provided that we at home have the stomach to continue this long fight to a successful end. Signs are (tentatively) encouraging at this point, and, as Petraeus has said, by summer we will know a good bit more.

You don't know how to read. Writers can write any story from any spin angle. It's up to the reader to figure out what is fact. Your factual post has a lot of holes and a lot of unsubstantiated blah blah in it.  And doesn't sound like even this author believes in the fluffy clouds and unicorns you keep trying to sell.

Thw writer is obviously a history buff and is backing up what I have said for days....Wars aren't won by defeating Armies. They are won by defeating the public opinion. [font=Verdana]"provided that we at home have the stomach to continue this long fight to a successful end[/font]" I think you said you aren't an American, so I can't blame you for not realizing that Al-Queda is beating people like 240 and Ribo.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 04:23:11 AM »
LOL~

Another quality misquote from 240.....
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 04:24:45 AM »
LOL~

Oh yeah.....There are no POWs at GITMO. Maybe you don't realize the distinction between POWs and Detainees.....Must have slept through that part of the LOAC training you recieved. Oh wait..Only one of us goes through LOAC training annually
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 04:26:21 AM »

See he listens to other people that have been to Iraq....and they have a different story than Enigma. But I am betting you believe Enigma over me right?
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 04:28:10 AM »
OMG boy, you have clearly reached a whole new level of stupidity.

Really? If you think Coulter "represents" ALL conservatives, why can't I think that these people "represent" all Libs?
gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 06:29:56 AM »
Thw writer is obviously a history buff and is backing up what I have said for days....Wars aren't won by defeating Armies. They are won by defeating the public opinion. [font=Verdana]"provided that we at home have the stomach to continue this long fight to a successful end[/font]" I think you said you aren't an American, so I can't blame you for not realizing that Al-Queda is beating people like 240 and Ribo.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here. I showed you where your author erroneously concluded that Iraqis are "happy" while he misquoted poll results. I showed you, using your own article, that life is not great in Iraq these days and it's a little early to be celebrating in the streets. I don't know what you mean when you say I'm not American so you can't blame me for not realizing Al Queda is beating people like 240 and Ribo. I've lived in the States for 10 years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2007, 05:28:10 AM »
Oh yeah.....There are no POWs at GITMO. Maybe you don't realize the distinction between POWs and Detainees.....Must have slept through that part of the LOAC training you recieved. Oh wait..Only one of us goes through LOAC training annually

A reclassification by Bush.  Period. 

And I suppose that annual training would teach me to forget everything I know about world oil and teach me that waterboarding is a  groovy thing.  Seems it worked on you.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2007, 05:57:39 AM »
A reclassification by Bush.  Period. 

And I suppose that annual training would teach me to forget everything I know about world oil and teach me that waterboarding is a  groovy thing.  Seems it worked on you.

lol, loser. That is the best you got??? "oh you don't know about oil" ouch.....LOL And you have to be classified as one thing before you can be RE classified....Hey beach add this to the conspiracy list!!!! lol
gotta love life