Author Topic: THE TRAITORS idiotic claim of executive privilege crushed by SCOTUS  (Read 697 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
In Rebuke to Trump, Supreme Court Allows Release of Jan. 6 Files

The House committee investigating the riot received hundreds of pages of documents from the former president’s White House within hours of the ruling.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused a request from former President Donald J. Trump to block the release of White House records concerning the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, effectively rejecting Mr. Trump’s claim of executive privilege and clearing the way for the House committee investigating the riot to start receiving the documents hours later.

The court, with only Justice Clarence Thomas noting a dissent, let stand an appeals court ruling that Mr. Trump’s desire to maintain the confidentiality of internal White House communications was outweighed by the need for a full accounting of the attack and the disruption of the certification of the 2020 electoral count.

In an unsigned order, the majority wrote that Mr. Trump’s request for a stay while the case moved forward presented weighty issues, including “whether and in what circumstances a former president may obtain a court order preventing disclosure of privileged records from his tenure in office, in the face of a determination by the incumbent president to waive the privilege.”

But an appeals court’s ruling against Mr. Trump did not turn on those questions, the order said.

“Because the court of appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former president necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the order said.

Within hours of the decision, the National Archives began turning over hundreds of pages of documents to the committee. A Justice Department spokeswoman said on Wednesday evening that the documents had been delivered to the committee. But a spokesman for the panel said on Thursday morning that the committee had received only some of the documents and expected the rest to be delivered as quickly as the archives could produce them.

Representative Bennie Thompson, Democrat of Mississippi and the chairman of the committee, and Representative Liz Cheney, Republican of Wyoming and the vice chairwoman, called the decision “a victory for the rule of law and American democracy.”

“Our work goes forward to uncover all the facts about the violence of Jan. 6 and its causes,” they said.

It was the latest example of a case in which the Supreme Court, which includes three justices appointed by Mr. Trump, ruled against him and his allies on issues related to the 2020 election.

Because the House committee investigating the attack sought the records from the National Archives, President Biden and Mr. Trump both had the opportunity to object.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/19/us/politics/trump-supreme-court-jan-6.html

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: THE TRAITORS idiotic claim of executive privilege crushed by SCOTUS
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »
Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett.  Three liberal pieces of traitorous shit.   ;D

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 11:21:04 PM »
i didnt think the guy that left troops and civilians in afghan with taliban said any of that
you know, the real traitor
not that one that was debunked already about russian collusion and stuff
the fake made-up stuff
the real traitor who shits his pants at the vatican

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 10:55:01 AM »
Civilians had plenty of time to get out of Afgan.  If they decided not to and to stick around, that's on them.  I don't feel sorry for their stupid asses.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 11:52:48 AM »
Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett.  Three liberal pieces of traitorous shit.   ;D

Yep

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 11:57:40 AM »
Civilians had plenty of time to get out of Afgan.  If they decided not to and to stick around, that's on them.  I don't feel sorry for their stupid asses.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 12:01:27 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/19/us/politics/trump-supreme-court-jan-6.html

Still isn’t as bad as Biden’s beating. The difference here is Trump ain’t going away and Biden is a lame duck in his first year 😂

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 03:08:42 PM »

How's the bullshit lies you told about the Taliban hanging people from US helicopters coming along?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 01:35:46 PM »

I have no clue why they were even there as long as they were. You could tell that place was falling apart by the day.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 02:24:22 PM »
Anything to deflect from this current administration.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 06:32:07 AM »
This is all the libs got?   An idiot in a moose hat and a bunch of people walking through the capitol? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 01:30:05 PM »
This is all the libs got?   An idiot in a moose hat and a bunch of people walking through the capitol?

I remember you melting down over Obama in a tan suit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »
I remember you melting down over Obama in a tan suit.

I admit that I made a big deal of everything with Obama, including the tranny tree ornaments, his wifes' cock sticking out, his gay hook ups in the bath house, him being from Kenya etc.   No doubt about it.   ;) :D 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 05:07:40 PM »
I admit that I made a big deal of everything with Obama, including the tranny tree ornaments, his wifes' cock sticking out, his gay hook ups in the bath house, him being from Kenya etc.   No doubt about it.   ;) :D

It’s ok.   Secret crushes are like that.   ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 10:41:49 AM »
Trump-Trump-Trump-he owns my mind-Trump-Trump-Trump-all the time-Trump-Trump-Trump

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 10:49:11 AM »
It’s ok.   Secret crushes are like that.   ;D

No its not - I mock and detest that weak frail beta fag obama