Author Topic: Liberal Media Bias  (Read 168679 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Liberal Media Bias
« Reply #525 on: May 14, 2020, 10:10:40 AM »
lol

CNN downplays its national poll showing Trump lead over Biden in battleground states
By Brian Flood | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-poll-trump-leads-biden-in-battleground-states

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: May 14, 2020, 10:11:42 AM »
The liberal MSM has put itself out of business

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #527 on: May 23, 2020, 06:57:20 AM »
 ???
a

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #528 on: May 23, 2020, 07:34:48 AM »
The liberal MSM has put itself out of business

I hope so.  Fuck Their Noise.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »
 :o
a

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #530 on: May 25, 2020, 12:53:01 PM »
dem news sites, when they contradict themselves 24x7, they cant keep up with their own lies

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: July 09, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
The media was blew this out of proportion?  No way.

Colin Powell suggests media had 'hysterical' reaction to reports on Russian bounty intelligence
Ex-secretary of state says commanders did not think reported bounties 'as serious a problem' as media suggested
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Former United States National Security Adviser Colin Powell discusses the Russia bounty story on MSNBC's 'Andrea Mitchell Reports.'

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell indicated on Thursday that media figures overreacted to a recent report that Russian officials placed bounties on the lives of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

"What I know is that our military commanders on the ground did not think that it was as serious a problem as the newspapers were reporting and television was reporting," Powell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "It got kind of out of control before we really had an understanding of what had happened. I’m not sure we fully understand now."

He added: "But [commander of U.S. Central Command] General [Kenneth] McKenzie ... he did not think this was of that level of importance to us. Remember, it’s not the intelligence community that’s going to go fight these guys, it’s the guys on the ground. It’s our troops. It’s our commanders who are going to go deal with this kind of a threat, using intelligence that was given to them by the intelligence community.

"But that has to be analyzed," Powell went on. "It has to be attested. And then you have to go find out who the enemy is. And I think we were on top of that one, but it just got — it got almost hysterical in the first few days."

Trump has denied a report by The New York Times that he was briefed on intelligence about the bounties, but did nothing about them.

"The Russia Bounty story is just another made up by Fake News tale that is told only to damage me and the Republican Party," he tweeted last week. Both the White House and McKenzie, of U.S. Central Command, have indicated the intelligence wasn't strong enough to merit the president's attention.

"The intel case wasn't proved to me -- it wasn't proved enough that I'd take it to a court of law -- and you know that's often true in battlefield intelligence," McKenzie told reporters Tuesday.

“You see a lot of indicators," the general explained. "Many of them are troubling, many of them you act on. But, in this case there just there wasn't enough there. I sent the intelligence guys back to continue to dig on it, and I believe they're continuing to dig right now, but I just didn't see enough there to tell me that the circuit was closed in that regard.”

McKenzie also expressed doubts that the bounty program led to any deaths of U.S. soldiers.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/colin-powell-media-hysterical-russia-bounties-afghanistan

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »
Vox Media preparing round of layoffs as business fails to improve amid coronavirus pandemic
CNBC ^ | Published Tue, Jul 14 20203:10 PM EDTUpdated Tue, Jul 14 20203:26 PM EDT | Alex Sherman
Posted on 7/15/2020, 12:43:50 PM by Red Badger

Key Points

Vox Media has informed its unions that it plans to cut jobs as advertising revenue has slumped in the first and second quarters.

Vox Media is preparing staff cuts to both unionized and non-union workers.

Vox was 40% off its revenue forecast for the second quarter and plans to miss its full-year target by 25%

============================================================================

Vox Media, the owner of media properties including New York Magazine, The Verge, SBNation and Eater, has informed its worker unions to prepare for company-wide layoffs, according to people familiar with the matter.

Vox spoke with union leaders Monday to inform them of their plan to cut staff, said the people, who asked not to be named because the discussions are private. Vox furloughed about 100 employees in April, or 9% of its staff, until July 31 as Covid-19 affected advertising budgets.

Many of the furloughed workers who haven’t already taken buyouts will be laid off, according to a person familiar with the matter. These employees primarily work for parts of Vox that were especially hit hard by the Pandemic, such as SBNation, Curbed and the company’s events group. There may be some additional job cuts, the person said.

Both the Writers Guild of America, East, which represents about 350 of Vox’s 1,200 employees, and NewsGuild of New York, which represents New York Magazine employees, are meeting with executives this week, two of the people said. Vox hopes to resolve those discussions by Friday, one of the people said.

Vox reached profitability in 2019 and planned to become even more profitable in 2020. While the company hit its revenue targets for the first two months of 2020, Vox was 40% off its forecast for the second quarter and plans to miss its full-year target by 25%, said two of the people. Chief Executive Jim Bankoff held an all-hands meeting last week outlining the company’s overall struggles while also highlighting some bright spots, such as podcast revenue bouncing back to pre-Covid levels, said the people, who asked not to be named because the meeting’s details were private.

Unlike some of its peers, Vox attempted to avoid layoffs in April, hoping the business outlook would improve. Media companies across the U.S. have had to cut salary and staff during the coronavirus pandemic to make up for lost advertising revenue.

Union leaders have asked Vox representatives for more data to back up the need for layoffs by Wednesday, said the people. A Vox spokesperson declined to comment.

Disclosure: CNBC parent NBCUniversal is an investor in Vox Media.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #534 on: July 27, 2020, 05:54:28 AM »
I had noticed the past year or so comments to Yahoo News articles had gradually grown more conservative, supportive of Trump, and very critical of Yahoo articles writer bias and incompetence.  So this doesn't surprise me.

Yahoo News Suspended Its Comment Section

https://www.distractify.com/p/yahoo-comments-gone

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: October 15, 2020, 01:08:48 PM »
C-SPAN suspends Scully after he admits to lie about hack
By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) — C-SPAN suspended its political editor Steve Scully indefinitely Thursday after he admitted to lying about his Twitter feed being hacked when he was confronted about a questionable exchange with former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci.

The news came on the day of what was supposed to be a career highlight for the 30-year C-SPAN veteran. Scully was to moderate the second debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden, which was canceled after Trump would not agree to a virtual format because of his COVID-19 diagnosis.

A week ago, after Trump had criticized him as a “never Trumper,” Scully tweeted “@Scaramucci should I respond to Trump.” Scaramucci, a former Trump communications director and now a critic of the president, advised Scully to ignore him.

Scully said that when he saw his tweet had created a controversy, “I falsely claimed that my Twitter account had been hacked.”

He had been frustrated by Trump’s comments and several weeks of criticism on social media and conservative news outlets about his role as moderator, including attacks directed at his family, he said.

“These were both errors in judgement for which I am totally responsible for,” Scully said. “I apologize.”

He said he let down his colleagues at C-SPAN, fellow news professionals and the debate commission. “I ask for their forgiveness as I try to move forward in a moment of reflection and disappointment in myself,” he said.

C-SPAN said Scully confessed to lying about the hack on Wednesday.

“He understands that he made a serious mistake,” the network said. “We were very saddened by this news and do not condone his actions.”

The debate commission did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Scully has led the network’s presidential election coverage since 1992, but the suspension means he won’t be part of C-SPAN’s election night programming. Scully has been the moderator of “Washington Journal,” the weekly call-in program, and regularly hosted other C-SPAN programs.

The network said Scully has consistently demonstrated fairness and professionalism, and built a reservoir of good will.

“After some distance from this episode, we believe in his ability to continue to contribute to C-SPAN,” the network said.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-joe-biden-donald-trump-anthony-scaramucci-4657ccd8f5e51d1ce113290b9304f9d5

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: January 26, 2021, 10:38:19 AM »
NYT opinion writer admits being paid $265K by Iranian mission to UN: The Times refuses to tell readers that a frequent opinion writer was on the mullahs' payroll and has been arrested
American Thinker ^ | 01/26/2021 | Thomas Lifson

An opinion writer who frequently contributed op-eds to the New York Times has admitted to being paid well by the Iranian mission to the United Nations but insists that this did not make him an agent of the Iranian government or influence his writing.  Kaveh Afrasiabi is currently under arrest, accused of violating the Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA).  For its part, the New York Times, which still claims to publish "all the news that's fit to print," is dummying up, keeping its readers in the dark on the subject, and offering no comment.

Ira Stoll of The Algemeiner has the story:

"I received checks from the Mission's UN account and it never occurred to me that I was doing anything illegal," the New York Times opinion writer, Kaveh Afrasiabi, wrote in a statement to the Algemeiner.

"My conscience is clear, and if the US government had an iota of sense of appreciation, they would thank me for all my tireless activities for the cause of detente, non-proliferation, human rights, inter-religious dialogue and understanding," Afrasiabi said in the statement to the Algemeiner.

He called the government's claim that he was a secret Iranian agent "absurd" and "wild."

"Whatever I did was perfectly legal and fully transparent," Afrasiabi said, saying that he had believed the Foreign Agents Registration Act "only applied to those engaging in lobbying efforts on behalf of a foreign government, which I never did."

A New York Times spokesperson did not respond to a query about whether the newspaper, which according to a search on its website Monday morning had not yet covered the federal criminal complaint against Afrasiabi, plans to tell its readers about the situation. The spokesperson also did not respond to a question about whether the newspaper plans to publish an editor's note

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: March 17, 2021, 05:59:12 AM »
FNG Fake azz liberal media pos

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #539 on: March 17, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »
FNG Fake azz liberal media pos

Yeah, the whole Georgia convo was bunk.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2021, 11:10:23 AM »
There is little doubt that Trump created a lot of his own problems.

However, history will prove out that the media efforts to discredit, lie, and misrepresent were unprecedented.

The latest liberal outrage from last year to be debunked was the WaSHITngton Post and CNN being guilty again:

“Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source,” The Post wrote on Monday.

“Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so,’” the correction continued. “Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now.’ A story about the recording can be found here. The headline and text of this story have been corrected to remove quotes misattributed to Trump.”

The Post, whose motto is “Democracy Dies In Darkness,” used the words “misquoted” and “misattributed.” But former President Donald Trump wasn’t “misquoted” and his supposed quote wasn’t “misattributed.” He never said what The Post claimed he said. The claims were “false,” a word The Post should have used to describe its reporting.
Y

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2021, 01:00:36 PM »
There is little doubt that Trump created a lot of his own problems.

However, history will prove out that the media efforts to discredit, lie, and misrepresent were unprecedented.

The latest liberal outrage from last year to be debunked was the WaSHITngton Post and CNN being guilty again:

I wasn't a big fan of Trump.  But the media was shameless with their efforts to discredit him.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2021, 01:40:00 PM »
I wasn't a big fan of Trump.  But the media was shameless with their efforts to discredit him.

Perhaps they were. Trump gives them a lot of material to work with. He brings much of the negative media attention on himself.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2021, 02:25:28 PM »
Perhaps they were. Trump gives them a lot of material to work with. He brings much of the negative media attention on himself.

I disagree. MSM exaggerated and flat out lied on much of what they reported on Trump. They generally would take a crumb and exaggerate on it.

Ironically, MSM and Late Night Talk shows needed Trump. How's Alec Baldwin doing these days without SNL skits about Trump?

CNN and other networks are tanking since he left office.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2021, 03:32:53 PM »

The MSM despises America and wants to tear it down.  To deny this is as ridiculous as denying that men are men and women are women.

I hope the MSM all get Covid and croak from it.  They deserve that which they worship.  Think about that.  Think...Not feeeeel.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2021, 03:47:27 PM »

It was unprecedented.

It was complete manufactured unrest.

The weak were riled up 24/7, which created the illusion that things were infinitely worse than they were perceived to be.  If people stepped away from the PC, they'd see their lives were not likely adversely impacted (pre-Covid).

So many lies, and even when the lies were proven, they never went away.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2021, 04:07:40 PM »
The MSM despises America and wants to tear it down.  To deny this is as ridiculous as denying that men are men and women are women.

I hope the MSM all get Covid and croak from it.  They deserve that which they worship.  Think about that.  Think...Not feeeeel.

Before accepting or denying this, one needs to know why MSM despises America and wants to tear it down. How does it benefit MSM?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2021, 04:56:35 PM »
Before accepting or denying this, one needs to know why MSM despises America and wants to tear it down. How does it benefit MSM?

How does rape, murder, stealing, drug dealing, etc., "benefit" anyone, including those that do these acts of violence?  It is plain that the so-called main stream media loath that which is good.  They hate the Nazarene.  They hate the concept of God (and I have no problem with it despite being an Atheist).  They hate white people but as the newsturd Cuomo said, he's "black on the inside so it's okay.  They  hate black people they consider to be "acting" white.  They despise the traditional family.  I've seen these cretins speak against all that I  hold true and consider them filth made flesh.

Life isn't fair and stealing from others to give to the fucking lazy regardless of the color of their epidermis is WRONG.  Lying and re-writing history is WRONG.  Tearing down monuments is WRONG.  Giving lazy people money to "right" the wrongs of long dead people is WRONG.  If you feel all that crap is correctomundo, then FTN.  You are against America.   This is the land of opportunity without guarantees. You can purse happiness but not fappiness.  In other words, people don't have to accept someone's perversions just to make that someone feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel better about their probems.

I know...I know...All my words are wasted.  Some people will choose whatever makes them feel better about themselves. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #548 on: March 17, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »
MSM needs to instill fear to get people to watch or read their news. A great example of this is the new covid variants. Why do they really matter when the vaccines protect against it. There is also no higher death rates with the supposed variants.

Fear is great for business.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: March 17, 2021, 05:12:20 PM »
MSM needs to instill fear to get people to watch or read their news. A great example of this is the new covid variants. Why do they really matter when the vaccines protect against it. There is also no higher death rates with the supposed variants.

Fear is great for business.

This is very true.  I have seen/heard them (albeit briefly) nigh on screaming about the virus mutating!!!!  Fucking morons.  They deal in lies and hysteria.