Author Topic: Liberal Media Bias  (Read 168695 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Liberal Media Bias
« Reply #625 on: July 12, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »
Yes I'm open-minded.  Everyone who knows me thinks I'm open-minded, including my liberal friends.  I think one of the things you struggle with is dealing an open-minded person who doesn't think like you and has strong convictions. 

The example I posted is one of the subtle examples of liberal media bias.  Like I said, you don't see it because they are speaking your language.

When I'm old like you I'll let you know what new tricks I learn.

'Everyone' is a tall order. If you honestly believe everyone who knows you thinks the same way about you... well, this shows that you are not as open-minded as you think you are or you would know better.

I posed a simple question to which you apparently have no answer. I will try again. What identity would you give the no name boycotters? Mulvaney is her name therefore there was no need for them to guess at her political or social leanings. Further, had they done this, they might have been wrong because not all trans folks are liberal leftists, as your openminded self seems to think they are.

Do I think the media is biased… absolutely. They thrive on it. But this includes almost all media regardless of whether it is right or left biased. For the most part subtilty is not their game.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #626 on: July 14, 2023, 08:56:38 PM »
'Everyone' is a tall order. If you honestly believe everyone who knows you thinks the same way about you... well, this shows that you are not as open-minded as you think you are or you would know better.

I posed a simple question to which you apparently have no answer. I will try again. What identity would you give the no name boycotters? Mulvaney is her name therefore there was no need for them to guess at her political or social leanings. Further, had they done this, they might have been wrong because not all trans folks are liberal leftists, as your openminded self seems to think they are.

Do I think the media is biased… absolutely. They thrive on it. But this includes almost all media regardless of whether it is right or left biased. For the most part subtilty is not their game.

Look don't ask me questions if you're just going to dismiss my response.  I don't give a rip what you think about my open-mindedness, etc. You're too uninformed for me to care.  Plus I don't know you.  And you should stop worrying about me personally.  It's creepy.

Like I said, you don't see liberal media bias because they are speaking your language.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: July 14, 2023, 09:04:06 PM »
Another example of subtle liberal media bias.  They parrot the "insurrection" lie when it hurts Trump, Republicans, and conservatives.  But when a sympathetic person like Ray Epps is supposedly getting charged and is suing Fox News, the narrative changes. 

Note how they call January 6 a protest.

Ray Epps, a Jan. 6 protester now at the center of a far-right conspiracy, says he relives the Capitol riot every day
BY BILL WHITAKER
APRIL 23, 2023
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ray-epps-jan-6-capitol-protest-60-minutes-transcript-2023-04-23/

Here they call it a riot.

How conservatives turned Ray Epps into a Capitol riot scapegoat
Graig Graziosi
July 13, 2023
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/everything-know-ray-epps-man-193846565.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: July 24, 2023, 01:15:01 PM »
New York Times, Washington Post, Nets Ignore Biden Bribe Allegations
Jeffrey Lord
July 22nd, 2023
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/jeffrey-lord/2023/07/22/new-york-times-washington-post-nets-ignore-biden-bribe-allegations

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: August 02, 2023, 11:31:38 AM »
Mission accomplished.

A Reason to Drop Biden Scandals: Nets Spend 70 Mins on 3rd Trump Indictment
Curtis Houck
August 2nd, 2023
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2023/08/02/reason-drop-biden-scandals-nets-spend-70-mins-3rd-trump-indictment

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #630 on: August 02, 2023, 11:48:49 AM »
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: August 02, 2023, 12:39:33 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: August 02, 2023, 12:44:36 PM »
Mission accomplished.

A Reason to Drop Biden Scandals: Nets Spend 70 Mins on 3rd Trump Indictment
Curtis Houck
August 2nd, 2023
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2023/08/02/reason-drop-biden-scandals-nets-spend-70-mins-3rd-trump-indictment

There is no comparison between these two 'breaking' news stories. Although we knew it was eminent, Trump being indicted for the 3rd time is major news. A a large percentage of their viewership that includes Republicans and Democrats as well as other folks worldwide who've been following this are very interested in hearing about the details. And the full indictment was made available to the public on August 1, 2023.

Verses:

MSM spending 70 minutes on the news that 'Devon Archer told the House Oversight Committee on Monday that his former business partner, Hunter Biden, was selling the “illusion” of access to his father, according to a source familiar with the closed-door interview, the latest development in the Republican-led congressional investigations into the president's son.'

Note: according to an unnamed source...[\b] Hmm, I'll wait for the transcript of Devon Archer's testimony last Monday, before drawing any conclusions.

MSN bias is towards news which most people are interested in knowing more about. When there is some actual news about Hunter Biden's business activities, it will be aired. If President  Biden is implicated, that would be major news which would be reported by both MSN and alternate news sources. 

Cable news will broadcast whatever is most profitable. MSN is a business first and secondly a public service.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2023, 12:51:03 PM »
There is no comparison between these two 'breaking' news stories. Although we knew it was eminent, Trump being indicted for the 3rd time is major news. A a large percentage of their viewership that includes Republicans and Democrats as well as other folks worldwide who've been following this are very interested in hearing about the details. And the full indictment was made available to the public on August 1, 2023.

Verses:

MSM spending 70 minutes on the news that 'Devon Archer told the House Oversight Committee on Monday that his former business partner, Hunter Biden, was selling the “illusion” of access to his father, according to a source familiar with the closed-door interview, the latest development in the Republican-led congressional investigations into the president's son.'

Note: according to an unnamed source...[\b] Hmm, I'll wait for the transcript of Devon Archer's testimony last Monday, before drawing any conclusions.

MSN bias is towards news which most people are interested in knowing more about. When there is some actual news about Hunter Biden's business activities, it will be aired. If President  Biden is implicated, that would be major news which would be reported by both MSN and alternate news sources. 

Cable news will broadcast whatever is most profitable. MSN is a business first and secondly a public service.

Whatever.  The Biden Crime Family story is one of the biggest scandals in American political history.  Nobody cares about the January 6 prosecutions, except leftists.  Go back and look at the numbers from the January 6 hearings.  Only the rabid base on the left cared. 

The MSM will look for any excuse to not cover bad Democrat news.  This gave them the opportunity to do so.  And they dropped the Devon Archer story, because they are nothing more than an extension of the Democrat Party.   

And timing of New York, Florida, and DC proceedings to happen right after explosive news about The Biden Crime Family is just comical at this point.  They really think you are stupid.  And you let them lead you around by your ear.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: August 02, 2023, 01:27:28 PM »
Whatever.  The Biden Crime Family story is one of the biggest scandals in American political history.  Nobody cares about the January 6 prosecutions, except leftists.  Go back and look at the numbers from the January 6 hearings.  Only the rabid base on the left cared. 

The MSM will look for any excuse to not cover bad Democrat news.  This gave them the opportunity to do so.  And they dropped the Devon Archer story, because they are nothing more than an extension of the Democrat Party.   

And timing of New York, Florida, and DC proceedings to happen right after explosive news about The Biden Crime Family is just comical at this point.  They really think you are stupid.  And you let them lead you around by your ear.

This is about speculation versus actual news. So I guess what you said means leftists care about the actual factual news while those to the right prefer speculative and gossipy reporting. Explosive news?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: August 02, 2023, 02:13:38 PM »
This is about speculation versus actual news. So I guess what you said means leftists care about the actual factual news while those to the right prefer speculative and gossipy reporting. Explosive news?  ::)

The news about The Biden Crime Family is actual news.  Like Devon Archer confirming that Hunter was selling access to his father. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: August 02, 2023, 02:38:29 PM »
The news about The Biden Crime Family is actual news.  Like Devon Archer confirming that Hunter was selling access to his father.

Oh, so does this mean you read the transcript from last Monday's committee meeting? Good. Where did you find it, I would like to read it myself so I too can reach a conclusion like you did... which is not to say it will be the same conclusion.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #637 on: August 02, 2023, 02:51:33 PM »
Oh, so does this mean you read the transcript from last Monday's committee meeting? Good. Where did you find it, I would like to read it myself so I too can reach a conclusion like you did... which is not to say it will be the same conclusion.

Go away moron.   Tony Bobalinski confirmed this years ago.  You are deranged and a mental patient in the team blue cult.    You are beyond ignorant and dumb.    F off already with you willful blindness.   

Old fool.   Going to your grave an imbecile.   

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #638 on: August 02, 2023, 03:05:03 PM »
Dos, you are debating with a low IQ individual who spent his career cleaning toilets, you're better than that, no?
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #639 on: August 02, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »

They don't even know what he said.  Just grasping at straws.

Comparing this to Jan 6 and the current dumpter fire of the latest indictment of Trump's attempt to steal an election is hilarious.  It shows how desperate they are to fool themselves.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: August 02, 2023, 03:40:11 PM »
Go away moron.   Tony Bobalinski confirmed this years ago.  You are deranged and a mental patient in the team blue cult.    You are beyond ignorant and dumb.    F off already with you willful blindness.   

Striking out the idiotic personal insults and nonsense which only serve to make you look bad, I'll address the one short but relevant comment you made.

Has Tony Bobalinski testified before the House Oversight and Accountability Committee? If so, why have we heard nothing about it? If not, why not? Seems like if he 'confirmed this years ago', he'd be high on the Committee's list of people to testify. Is there a credibility issue with Bobalinski?

You seem to know something about Bobalinski and his involvement in the Hunter Biden issue. So, fill me in. Thanks.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #641 on: August 02, 2023, 03:46:48 PM »

Does he live with his mother?   Just asking.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: August 02, 2023, 04:38:01 PM »
Does he live with his mother?   Just asking.

Are you suggesting Soul Crusher is a momma's boy? Just asking.

My mom was living with my family and me when died in 1985 at age 62, so no, I don't live with her... at least not yet.  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: August 02, 2023, 05:00:05 PM »

Stop trying to act like you care about the facts.  You only care about facts that hurt Trump and help Democrats. 

But here is a clip of Devon Archer, confirming that Joe Biden lied about never having discussed Hunter's overseas business dealings, etc.

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
After confirming Joe Biden met with Devon Archer around 20 times, Tucker Carlson unveils a never-before-seen letter from Joe Biden to Archer clearly establishing Biden's intimate knowledge of his son's foreign business deals...

Tucker: "He's the Vice President of the United States, and he's talking about foreign business deals with you, and thanking you for that."

Archer: "At the time, I think I hit the jackpot..but obviously as time has told, being a little bit too close to the sun ends up burning you."

Tucker: "These are not business guys. This is the Vice President of the United States, he's not allowed to be working on businesses with foreign governments while he's Vice President, I don't think."

Archer: "Not that I know of."

Tucker: "But here he is!"

Archer: "Right."

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1686854188649844736

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: August 02, 2023, 05:04:51 PM »
Dos, you are debating with a low IQ individual who spent his career cleaning toilets, you're better than that, no?

I don't consider this a debate.  Just a discussion.  I get that he lives in a bubble and is a true believer in leftism. 

I have no idea what he did for his career, but even if it involved cleaning toilets that doesn't matter to me at all.  I don't criticize anyone for doing honest work, regardless of what it is.  No judgments here.  I'm not "high maka maka" (as we say here).  I don't consider myself better than someone just because of what they do for a living, their education, income, net worth, etc.  So no, I'm not better than that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: August 02, 2023, 05:07:12 PM »
Striking out the idiotic personal insults and nonsense which only serve to make you look bad, I'll address the one short but relevant comment you made.

Has Tony Bobalinski testified before the House Oversight and Accountability Committee? If so, why have we heard nothing about it? If not, why not? Seems like if he 'confirmed this years ago', he'd be high on the Committee's list of people to testify. Is there a credibility issue with Bobalinski?

You seem to know something about Bobalinski and his involvement in the Hunter Biden issue. So, fill me in. Thanks.

Go listen to Tony Bobulinski's interview by Tucker Carlson from 2020.  He's a Navy vet.  Gave credible comments.  Confirmed that Biden was "the big guy," etc. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #646 on: August 02, 2023, 05:10:16 PM »
I don't consider this a debate.  Just a discussion.  I get that he lives in a bubble and is a true believer in leftism. 

I have no idea what he did for his career, but even if it involved cleaning toilets that doesn't matter to me at all.  I don't criticize anyone for doing honest work, regardless of what it is.  No judgments here.  I'm not "high maka maka" (as we say here).  I don't consider myself better than someone just because of what they do for a living, their education, income, net worth, etc.  So no, I'm not better than that.

"I don't criticize anyone for doing honest work, regardless of what it is.  No judgments here.  I'm not "high maka maka" (as we say here).  I don't consider myself better than someone just because of what they do for a living, their education, income, net worth "

Very fine & decent words & and state of mind .
👊🏻

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: August 02, 2023, 06:14:31 PM »
Stop trying to act like you care about the facts.  You only care about facts that hurt Trump and help Democrats. 

But here is a clip of Devon Archer, confirming that Joe Biden lied about never having discussed Hunter's overseas business dealings, etc.

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
After confirming Joe Biden met with Devon Archer around 20 times, Tucker Carlson unveils a never-before-seen letter from Joe Biden to Archer clearly establishing Biden's intimate knowledge of his son's foreign business deals...

Tucker: "He's the Vice President of the United States, and he's talking about foreign business deals with you, and thanking you for that."

Archer: "At the time, I think I hit the jackpot..but obviously as time has told, being a little bit too close to the sun ends up burning you."

Tucker: "These are not business guys. This is the Vice President of the United States, he's not allowed to be working on businesses with foreign governments while he's Vice President, I don't think."

Archer: "Not that I know of."

Tucker: "But here he is!"

Archer: "Right."

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1686854188649844736

This is an entertaining casual dialog between Carlson and Archer. The centerpiece seems to be the letter from VP Joe Biden to Devin Archer about a luncheon they attended. Do we know from Tucker's show or the letter, what the luncheon was for or what was discussed during it and who the discussion was with? We do know from the letter that the discussion was not between Archer and the VP Biden.

VP Biden in a 'postscript' thanks Archer for being "together" with his son. The definition of "together" is not made clear. An assumption can be made that it means as business partners, but it could also mean as friends. I assume it does not mean being together romantically.

So, despite Carlson saying a VP Biden is 'not allowed to be working on business' when he points to the letter and says, "right here he is," what part of this interview confirms VP Biden was working on business? Seems to me like it is more of an assumption or misstatement on Carlson's part which he phrases as a matter of fact. Seems like Carlson made journalistic leap to reach an invalid point.

Archer says he thought he hit the jackpot but as it turned out, he did not. So that means what? Does it confirm VP Biden was doing, assisting, or overtly influencing business. -Not to me it doesn't.

As I previously stated, I will hold off on my judgment of this situation until after the transcript of last Monday's hearing is made available and we can read Archer's testimony which given the seriousness of that hearing is likely not nearly as lighthearted, filled with joking and laughing rather somewhat more intense or serious considering Archer had his attorney there to represent him.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: August 02, 2023, 06:47:54 PM »
This is an entertaining casual dialog between Carlson and Archer. The centerpiece seems to be the letter from VP Joe Biden to Devin Archer about a luncheon they attended. Do we know from Tucker's show or the letter, what the luncheon was for or what was discussed during it and who the discussion was with? We do know from the letter that the discussion was not between Archer and the VP Biden.

VP Biden in a 'postscript' thanks Archer for being "together" with his son. The definition of "together" is not made clear. An assumption can be made that it means as business partners, but it could also mean as friends. I assume it does not mean being together romantically.

So, despite Carlson saying a VP Biden is 'not allowed to be working on business' when he points to the letter and says, "right here he is," what part of this interview confirms VP Biden was working on business? Seems to me like it is more of an assumption or misstatement on Carlson's part which he phrases as a matter of fact. Seems like Carlson made journalistic leap to reach an invalid point.

Archer says he thought he hit the jackpot but as it turned out, he did not. So that means what? Does it confirm VP Biden was doing, assisting, or overtly influencing business. -Not to me it doesn't.

As I previously stated, I will hold off on my judgment of this situation until after the transcript of last Monday's hearing is made available and we can read Archer's testimony which given the seriousness of that hearing is likely not nearly as lighthearted, filled with joking and laughing rather somewhat more intense or serious considering Archer had his attorney there to represent him.

If you actually watched the clip then you know the centerpiece was not the letter.  So either you didn't watch it or you are misrepresenting the conversation. 

Amazing mental gymnastics to avoid what is right in front of your face.  Archer plainly said they were buying access to Joe Biden and that Joe Biden knew he was on the phone during business meetings while he was the sitting VP.

I have participated in countless business meetings.  I have never once randomly called my mother or father on speaker phone during those meetings.  Nor has anyone else.  What they did is precisely how influence peddling works.  Selling access.  Use your common sense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: August 02, 2023, 07:12:07 PM »
If you actually watched the clip then you know the centerpiece was not the letter.  So either you didn't watch it or you are misrepresenting the conversation.

You have the annoying tactic of accusing me of not reading and not watching stuff when I don't agree with you about its content. Stop it! It is stupid and you are transparent... fooling no one. 

Amazing mental gymnastics to avoid what is right in front of your face.  Archer plainly said they were buying access to Joe Biden and that Joe Biden knew he was on the phone during business meetings while he was the sitting VP.

I have participated in countless business meetings.  I have never once randomly called my mother or father on speaker phone during those meetings.  Nor has anyone else.  What they did is precisely how influence peddling works.  Selling access.  Use your common sense.

At what point in the video does either of them say Hunter called his dad on speaker phone during these business meetings?

I'm a visual person. One can easily see that Tucker has the letter in his hand from :34 of the broadcast. He reads the letter in its entirety and then at 2:54 Tucker is holding up the letter in one hand and pointing to it with the other when he says to Archer "This is the Vice President of the United States. He is not allowed to be working on business at this point..." and a few seconds later tapping the letter and laughing, he exclaims, "right here he is! Amazing.”