Author Topic: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?  (Read 149830 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?
« Reply #500 on: October 16, 2021, 10:06:16 AM »
More virtue signalling. All that matter is the appearance of virtue, not what goes into the sausage.  ;D

UN Climate Change Conference Reportedly Using Diesel Generators To Charge Teslas Being Used As Shuttles

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/un-climate-change-conference-reportedly-using-diesel-generators-charge-teslas-being-used

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #501 on: October 18, 2021, 05:04:57 PM »
I LOL at this headline. NO SHIT SHERLOCK. These people simply desire to rid the earth of people.

"old and vulnerable water"   ;D  ;D  ;D

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/ancient-groundwater-why-the-water-you-re-drinking-may-be-thousands-of-years-old?utm_source=pocket-newtab

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2021, 08:40:45 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #503 on: October 19, 2021, 06:20:39 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/nyregion/thomas-jefferson-statue-ny-city-council.html#commentsContainer

We knew this was next.   These progressives are communists and all need to  . . . . .

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #504 on: October 19, 2021, 07:33:04 AM »
This wins the liberalism is a mental disorder thread…

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: October 20, 2021, 06:09:35 PM »

"...the obstacles that come with working in a sexist culture are beyond any individual’s control. And so advocating a do-it-yourself approach to on-the-job equality may actually be a kind of gaslighting—just one more way for institutions to deflect blame and make women question themselves and doubt their sanity. It’s the society we operate in that needs fixing, not how we ask for money, the tone of our voices, or our outfits."

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/all-career-advice-for-women-is-a-form-of-gaslighting?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #506 on: October 20, 2021, 06:41:34 PM »
This wins the liberalism is a mental disorder thread…

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.   :-\

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: October 27, 2021, 11:14:54 AM »
EDIT: LINCOLN SHOT BUT I'M LEAVING IT UP HERE ANYWAY

Total wack job. He worked for Jimmy Kimmel as well....

"A man who allegedly threatened to kill Congressman Matt Gaetz over the phone days after the Jan. 6 insurrection was arrested in the Los Angeles area last week, according to POLITICO.

Eugene Huelsman, 58, was arrested on an existing indictment by a federal grand jury in Pensacola from May, according to POLITICO.

The indictment says that on or about the day of Jan. 9, Huelsman called the office of "M.G." and threatened to injure them.

"Tell [M.G.] to watch his back, tell him to watch his children," Huelsman allegedly said, according to the indictment. "I'm coming for him -- I'm gonna [expletive] kill him. I'm gonna put a bullet in you and I'm gonna put a bullet in one of your [expletive] kids too."

Matt Gaetz said on Twitter Tuesday night that Huelsman was a longtime camera operator for CNN, ABC, NBC, and others."

https://weartv.com/news/local/man-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-to-kill-matt-gaetz

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: November 01, 2021, 11:16:50 AM »
Perfectly sane lib-prog NOZZLES ruin woman’s WEDDING because Sen. Sinema was there. MSM shrugs.
OCT. 29, 2021
https://therightscoop.com/perfectly-sane-lib-prog-nozzles-ruin-womans-wedding-because-sen-sinema-was-there-msm-shrugs/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: November 03, 2021, 01:46:58 PM »
Virginia Lt Gov-Elect Winsome Sears slams Jemele Hill after sports writer blames 'white supremacy' for her win
Winsome, a Marine Corps veteran, came to the United States from Jamaica as a child
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/winsome-sears-slams-jemele-hill-after-sports-writer-blames-white-supremacy-for-her-victory

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: November 04, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »
So Virginia elected a black Lt. Gov., a Cuban Attorney General, and I heard Youngkin got more than 50 percent of the Hispanic vote, but this election was about white supremacy?  These people are nuts.  The race card is like the only play they have.  Robots. 

[/youtube]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: November 04, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »
‘Fresh Prince’ Actress Janet Hubert Wonders: Did ‘Trumpers’ Give Alec Baldwin the Loaded Gun Because of SNL?
Breitbart ^ | 11/4/21 | JOSHUA KLEIN
Posted on 11/4/2021, 2:44:12 PM by conservative98

Actress Janet Hubert, famous for her role as “Aunt Viv” on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, was mocked online after suggesting Donald Trump supporters may have somehow given actor Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon on the set of his film Rust before the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins — as revenge for having parodied the former president.

On social media last Wednesday, Hubert shared her conspiracy theory — providing no evidence to support it — which accuses “Trumpers” of getting revenge on Baldwin for having mocked the former president by handing him a loaded gun on his film set.

“Am I crazy, but my first thought was Baldwin was given this gun on purpose from someone to get back at him for his Trump impersonations?” she wrote.

“I have never seen prop guns sitting out on set EVER Then to photograph his pain and give it to the press!” she added. “Hmmmm, so very heartless, TRUMPERS?”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: November 04, 2021, 01:24:44 PM »
‘Fresh Prince’ Actress Janet Hubert Wonders: Did ‘Trumpers’ Give Alec Baldwin the Loaded Gun Because of SNL?

Actress Janet Hubert, famous for her role as “Aunt Viv” on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, was mocked online after suggesting Donald Trump supporters may have somehow given actor Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon on the set of his film Rust before the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins — as revenge for having parodied the former president.

On social media last Wednesday, Hubert shared her conspiracy theory — providing no evidence to support it — which accuses “Trumpers” of getting revenge on Baldwin for having mocked the former president by handing him a loaded gun on his film set.

“Am I crazy, but my first thought was Baldwin was given this gun on purpose from someone to get back at him for his Trump impersonations?” she wrote.

“I have never seen prop guns sitting out on set EVER Then to photograph his pain and give it to the press!” she added. “Hmmmm, so very heartless, TRUMPERS?”

What the heck?  Do all these people take the same crazy pill??

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #513 on: November 04, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »

TDS.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #514 on: November 05, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »
So Virginia elected a black Lt. Gov., a Cuban Attorney General, and I heard Youngkin got more than 50 percent of the Hispanic vote, but this election was about white supremacy?  These people are nuts.  The race card is like the only play they have.  Robots. 

[/youtube]

Tiffany Cross has some of the best tits in the business. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: November 06, 2021, 10:41:31 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: November 12, 2021, 06:05:34 PM »
‘Racist Judge With His Trump Rally Cellphone’: Left-Wing Journalist Has A Meltdown Over Judge In Rittenhouse Case
Elie Mystal on Rittenhouse Judge's Bias

(Screenshot/Democracy Now)
SHAKHZOD YULDOSHBOEV
CONTRIBUTOR
November 11, 2021
https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/11/elie-mystal-judge-bruce-schroeder-rittenhouse-trial-bias/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: November 12, 2021, 06:19:29 PM »

Weird stuff happens, but holy shit this is so totally nuts....sometimes it feels like this whole country has gone crazy. Time for me to think about moving to Germany to spend time with my son and family there. Bavaria is beautiful....like small town America of the 1950's. Little villages tucked into a beautiful landscape.

Check it out.

He and my daughter-in-laws house is on the last street up the hill.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: November 18, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: November 18, 2021, 01:20:15 PM »
Weird stuff happens, but holy shit this is so totally nuts....sometimes it feels like this whole country has gone crazy. Time for me to think about moving to Germany to spend time with my son and family there. Bavaria is beautiful....like small town America of the 1950's. Little villages tucked into a beautiful landscape.

Check it out.

He and my daughter-in-laws house is on the last street up the hill.

I can't believe Frau Merkel hasn't culturally enriched this area. How racist those people must be for living in the old ways.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: November 22, 2021, 06:53:34 AM »
Illinois Democrat ties Waukesha tragedy to Rittenhouse case in mocking posts: ‘Probably just self-defense’
Fox News ^ | 11/22/2021 | Bradford Betz
Posted on 11/22/2021, 6:29:41 AM by

After Sunday’s Christmas parade horror in Waukesha, Wisconsin, an Illinois Democrat appeared to portray the tragedy as a form of payback for Friday’s acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha. "It was probably just self-defense," read one of a series of mocking social media posts from Mary Lemanski, who is listed as the social media director for the Democratic Party in DuPage County, Illinois. Lemanski also describes herself as an acting student with the famed Second City comedy group. "Living in Wisconsin, he probably felt threatened," read another post attributed to Lemanski, referring to the SUV driver in the Waukesha case. WAUKESHA PARADE HORROR: PERSON OF INTEREST IN CUSTODY, FATALITIES REPORTED "I’m sure he didn’t want to hurt anyone," she added. "He came to help people." The messages appeared to mock the self-defense argument that Rittenhouse and his defense team made during their recent trial – an argument with which a Wisconsin jury apparently agreed as they found the 18-year-old not guilty of murder in connection with two shooting deaths last year. "The blood of Kyle Rittenhouse’s victims is on the hands of Wisconsin citizens," she writes at one point, "even the children." Lemanski appeared to attempt a less snarky but still judgmental tone in another message. "I’m sad," she wrote. "I’m sad anytime anyone dies. I just believe in Karma and this came around quick on the citizens of Wisconsin." "You reap what you sow, Wisconsin," she wrote in another post. And later: "It’s sad people died, but when you open the door to vigilante justice, everyone seems threatening." In a self-written 2019 biography on the website of the DuPage County Democratic Party, Lemanski is described in the headline as "DuPage Dems’ Difference Maker."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: November 22, 2021, 07:14:49 AM »
Can A Progressive Be Convinced By Facts?
Manhattan Contrarian ^ | 22 Nov, 2021 | Francis Menton
Posted on 11/22/2021, 7:00:13 AM by MtnClimber

The Kyle Rittenhouse trial has given us an unusual opportunity to contrast uncontestable facts as shown on many video recordings with an endlessly repeated media narrative that seems to exist in an alternate reality. To my amazement, even after two full weeks of livestreamed trial, most notably featuring videos taken on the night at issue and a witness testifying that he had pointed a gun in Rittenhouse’s face, many on the left cling to the prior narrative of the case as though it contains a greater truth about our justice system and racism in this country and therefore cannot be disputed by facts.

Could they just not have been paying attention? Or alternatively, do they have such a strong sense of emotional conviction that no amount of evidence, rationality, or logic can persuade them that Kyle Rittenhouse deserved the presumption of innocence and a fair trial?

I decided to test these hypotheses by engaging with a Progressive friend of mine when she posted an angry Instagram story in response to the Rittenhouse verdict. She was not the only one in my social media feed to do so, or even an outlier: Among the people most would consider my peers (in age, educational background, and location), the near unanimous opinion, even after the trial and jury verdict, is that Kyle Rittenhouse should spend his life in jail. But she and I have had productive conversations on other subjects in the past, so I thought she was a good target.

In her post about the verdict she wrote, “I don’t normally use my instagram for political commentary but this is a step too far” along with a series of angry emojis.

I responded with: “Did you follow the trial?” I wanted my opening comment to come across as innocuous. I was also genuinely curious to know if she had followed the facts of the case.

“No,” she replied quickly, “what did I miss? I heard he was a blubbering idiot.”

“A lot.” I responded. “I’ll send you an email that I think has an even-handed breakdown of the case.” I then forwarded her this article by Bari Weiss, which I sincerely think does an excellent job contrasting the media’s narrative about what happened with the facts. I also thought that if any journalist could get through to someone on the left, that person had to be Bari Weiss.

I was wrong. This morning I received this email from my friend in reply [unedited]:

“Bari Weiss is a racist is all I can garner from this ignorant article. Show me a world in which a black weaponless kid standing on that street corner doesn’t get shot or jail time. When the law only applies white people it’s not the law. F*ck this perspective.”

I was stunned. So I followed up: “Which part is the racist part???” Noting when I did so that the three men shot by Kyle Rittenhouse were all white.

To which she said [unedited]:

“To write an article that justifies the verdict based on the simple suggestion that the law will set you free when that simply does not apply to black Americans is disgusting to me. This was a highly racially charged news story and has been since it happened and if he was black with the same exact situation he would be in jail - and often it’s for a lot less. Until the system works for everybody - this kind of blanket unwillingness to acknowledge the imbalance in our country disgusts me. The article is racist because she wrote it, I’m not saying he [Rittenhouse] is racist - that isn’t the point.”

To avoid turning this into a literal “she said/she said,” I’ll summarize the rest of our multi-email conversation. In my summary below, I have made a concerted effort to represent her argument as fairly as I possibly can. I found our conversation eye-opening, and a useful insight into the prevailing Progressive view of the Rittenhouse case.

Her opinion: The criminal justice system is fundamentally racist and treats black people unfairly. Therefore, in the racially charged context of the Rittenhouse case, it does not matter whether or not self-defense was justified. Rittenhouse should be thrown in jail because that’s what would have happened to a black man in his position. Jurors should make an example of Rittenhouse. White lawmakers will only be motivated to take action on criminal justice reform when they see that actions have consequences that can affect children who look like their own.

My opinion: If we believe the justice system is unfair, it doesn’t become more fair by using this case to set a precedent that trial outcomes can be determined based on our desire for emotional satisfaction and revenge. The only way to create a “more equitable” system, is to agree on a set of principles (such as the right to self-defense) and then continually uphold those principles even when it’s politically inconvenient or unappealing to do so. I want to live in a world where, if Kyle Rittenhouse were black, he too would be acquitted because he acted in self-defense. We undermine that future possibility by undermining the very notion that acting in self-defense is a legitimate defense. We reduce the notion of justice to taking an eye for an eye.

Predictably, my friend and I ended our conversation exactly where we began. After 20 emails back and forth, I finally admitted “we’re not going to get any further on this.” No matter what I said, she could not get past the idea that the criminal justice system can only be made more fair by making an example of Kyle Rittenhouse, even if it would require making the justice system unfair to do so. Her view did not change when I pointed out ending the drug war would do far more to get black men out of prison, nor when I argued that black men would benefit by our upholding the right to self-defense (such as in the recent, barely reported case of Andrew Coffee), nor when I suggested that the unintended consequences of sentencing Rittenhouse could easily be used to justify sending even more black men to jail down the line.

I left the conversation more discouraged than ever. There seems to be no understanding or awareness among my peers that in pursuit of “equity,” Progressivism is pulling us further and further from something that resembles true equality — that is, a world where we can trust that the same rules will apply to all and people will be treated equally under the law.

Is there any point engaging with Progressives on these subjects, when no arguments -- even those grounded in protecting the groups they claim to care most about -- seem to move the needle? I’m tempted to throw up my hands and say no, but then I remember that our democracy gives them a voice in how justice is carried out in this country. These views are echoed by leftist politicians with the ability to write or enforce law. A few examples following the trial verdict:

Said Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers: “No verdict will be able to bring back the lives of Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum, or heal Gaige Grosskreutz’s injuries, just as no verdict can heal the wounds or trauma experienced by Jacob Blake and his family. No ruling today changes our reality in Wisconsin that we have work to do toward equity, accountability, and justice that communities across our state are demanding and deserve.”

Said Wisconsin Representative Gwen Moore, “A system that legitimizes vigilante murder is deeply broken.”

Said NY Mayor Bill DeBlasio: “Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum are victims. They should be alive today. The only reason they’re not is because a violent, dangerous man chose to take a gun across state lines and start shooting people. To call this a miscarriage of justice is an understatement.:

If these opinions didn’t have the potential to affect my life, I wouldn’t care so much, try so hard, or be so afraid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: November 24, 2021, 10:26:56 AM »
Waukesha Mass Killing Suspect The Latest Violent Criminal Unchecked By Soft-On-Crime DA
The Federalist ^ | November 24, 2021 | Dan O'Donnell
Posted on 11/24/2021, 1:13:59 PM

Inappropriately and dangerously low bail recommendations have been a hallmark of the Milwaukee District Attorney’s Office since Democrat John Chisholm was first elected.

Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm has launched an investigation into what he called the “inappropriately low” bail set for Darrell Brooks, Jr., the suspect in the deadly Christmas parade attack in nearby Waukesha, Wis. Sunday afternoon.

Brooks, who faces five counts of first-degree intentional homicide, was freed after posting $1,000 bail even though he faces serious felony charges in two different open cases in Milwaukee. In the most recent, he allegedly “ran [the victim] over with his vehicle” in what proved to be an ominous foreshadowing of the horror he allegedly inflicted just days later.

“The bail recommendation in this is not consistent with the approach of the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office toward matters involving violent crime,” Chisholm said in a news release, “nor was it consistent with the risk assessment of the defendant prior to setting of bail.”

This is a nauseating lie: Inappropriately and dangerously low bail recommendations have been a hallmark of the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office since Chisholm, a liberal Democrat, was first elected in 2007.

Releasing Dangerous People Into the Community
One of the nation’s first proudly progressive reformers elected as a major city’s lead prosecutor, Chisholm almost immediately implemented an “evidence-based approach” that relied heavily on deferred prosecution and early intervention programs aimed at keeping criminals out of jail. No longer would the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office request high bails for criminal suspects or even prosecute their crimes. Instead, they would pursue alternatives that Chisholm fully admitted would result in dangerous felons being released into the community.

“Is there going to be an individual I divert, or I put into a treatment program, who is going to go out and kill somebody?” You bet,” Chisholm said in a 2007 interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Guaranteed. It’s guaranteed to happen. It does not invalidate the overall approach.”

From the moment he was sworn in, Chisholm understood that his radical reimagining of criminal prosecution would result in the loss of innocent lives but, chillingly, he viewed this as a necessary sacrifice. In 2010, the Journal Sentinel reviewed Chisholm’s deferred prosecution program and found “dozens of examples that raise questions about how the…program is being implemented.”

More than 200 defendants charged with such serious offenses as felony sexual assault, armed robbery, felony assault of a police officer, felony child abuse, and high-volume cocaine trafficking were never prosecuted. Easily the most stomach-turning was Cedric B. Young, 51, who was given a deferred prosecution agreement on charges of sexually assaulting a two-year-old girl.

He faced a maximum sentence of 60 years in prison but was never prosecuted after a psychologist his attorneys hired testified that “he did not consider Young a pedophile”—even though Young admitted to sexually assaulting a baby. He was released without ever serving a day in prison.

Of the more than 900 defendants who were given these sorts of sweetheart deals, 30 percent violated them by committing new crimes, failing to appear in court, or failing to fill court-ordered requirements. At least a dozen defendants were given deferred agreements even though they already had extensive criminal records.

One of them, Shermaine Worthy, “had had at least 14 prior felony and misdemeanor convictions for drug offenses, burglary, forgery and escape before he got a deferred agreement in 2009 on marijuana and theft charges. Less than a week later, the agreement was revoked when he was arrested for breaking into a car.”

No Punishment for Breaking the Deal
In several of the cases in which defendants violated their deferred prosecution agreements, Chisholm’s office refused to revoke the agreement and prosecute and instead extended the agreement.

One defendant, Dewayne Manuel, faced felony cocaine dealing charges and violated his deferred prosecution deal by stealing a car less than six months later. Rather than charge him with either crime, an assistant district attorney extended his agreement on the drug charges and gave him a new one that ran concurrently on the car theft charges. Manuel could have served more than 13 years in prison, but instead he only had to pay $123 in court costs.

In 2013, the family of a woman who died of a heroin overdose blamed Chisholm’s deferred prosecution program for keeping out of jail the man who provided the drugs that killed her.

Jeremiah Schroeder, 35, was charged with first-degree reckless homicide in the death of 26-year-old Cassandra Lutz. He had been charged the prior year with a felony for maintaining a drug house but given a deferred prosecution. Four months later, he was charged with another felony for possession of heroin with intent to deliver. His agreement was never revoked and he remained out on the streets.

“If he would have been in jail the way he should have been, this would not have happened,” her father told the Journal Sentinel. “She’d still be here.”

Ignoring Prosecution as Crime Rises
Chisholm refused to admit that his reforms were failing, and even as Milwaukee’s violent crime rate steadily rose throughout the early 2010s he insisted that his office’s policy of keeping offenders out of jail was an unbridled success. In 2015, he was even profiled in a glowing column in The New Yorker entitled “How to Stop Mass Incarceration.”

“Like many people in the criminal-justice system, John Chisholm, the District Attorney in Milwaukee County, has been concerned for a long time about the racial imbalance in American prisons,” wrote the now-disgraced Jeffrey Toobin. “Chisholm decided that his office would undertake initiatives to try to send fewer people to prison while maintaining public safety.”

Even Toobin had to concede that Milwaukee was a more dangerous place, as violent crime skyrocketed in Milwaukee (and across the country) in 2015, but Chisholm merely threw up his hands and refused to accept any blame, saying, “We redesigned our system, but we learned that no individual actor can change the dynamics of what goes on in a complex larger system like a city.”

In reality, one individual actor—Chisholm—had helped change the dynamics of Milwaukee by keeping thousands of violent offenders out of jail or prison.

“On his watch, the overall number of misdemeanor prosecutions in the county has dropped from 9,000 to 5,200,” Toobin noted. “Likewise, once Chisholm instituted a policy that all burglary-case filings must be approved by a senior prosecutor, the disparity that led to more cases against white alleged thieves than black ones faded. The number of African-American residents of Milwaukee County sent to state prison on drug charges has been cut in half since 2006.”

From 2007—the year Chisholm became Milwaukee County District Attorney—to 2015, Wisconsin’s prison population dropped from 24,500 to 22,000, and “most of the reduction [came] from Milwaukee County.”

During that same time period, FBI statistics showed that the violent crime rate in the city of Milwaukee skyrocketed from 1,403 crimes per 100,000 residents in 2007 to 1,506 per 100,000 in 2015. By way of comparison, the violent crime rate for the United States as a whole actually dropped from 472 per 100,000 people in 2007 to 374 per 100,000 in 2015.

Lowering Bail Requirements
During this period, Chisholm wasn’t just keeping often-violent offenders out of prison through deferred prosecutions and early interventions; he was also dramatically reducing bail for criminal suspects or eliminating it altogether.

In 2018, he bragged on Twitter about his office’s profile in the Safety and Justice Challenge organization’s annual report. The group, which “seeks to reduce over-incarceration by changing the way America thinks about and uses jails,” commended the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office for, as Chisholm put it, its “commitment to reforming and redesigning our system to achieve more just outcomes.”

“[From] the report: we are ‘focused on reducing the use of incarceration in all cases,” Chisholm tweeted. “Overall, prosecutors prioritize addressing the root causes of criminal behavior – substance use, mental health issues – and seek out alternative sentences, even for some violent offenders.”

He then quoted several assistant district attorneys who expressed their pride in how successfully they kept these violent offenders on the streets of Milwaukee.

“I would say the biggest change that I have perceived is trying to find ways to avoid prosecution in more cases and to see what can be done in terms of alternatives to prosecution,” said one.

“We have really made a commitment to not keeping individuals held unnecessarily on cash bail in the Milwaukee County Jail,” added another.

Instead, they have released even the most violent of defendants to the custody of JusticePoint—a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating cash bail altogether and finding “alternatives to incarceration.

Rape a Child? Pay $750 and You’re Back on the Streets
A 2109 study by the John K. MacIver Institute found that bail amounts for serious crimes had dropped to shockingly low levels. A suspect charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child had bail set at just $750. Felony charges of hit-and-run causing injury resulted in $250 bail. Hit-and-run causing great bodily harm resulted in bail of $500. Even hit-and-run causing death produced a bail of just $5,000.

This is significant in light of skyrocketing car theft and reckless driving crisis in Milwaukee. Motor vehicle thefts have been increasing ever since the Milwaukee Police Department announced a “no pursuit” policy in 2010, and are up a staggering 162 percent over 2020 so far this year.

With so many violent offenders out on bail or deferred prosecution agreements, it is little wonder that Milwaukee is more dangerous than it ever has been. In 2020, the city saw a record 189 homicides—more than double the previous year and up 14 percent from the previous record set in 1991. Homicides had spiked in 1991 because of the discovery of the Jeffrey Dahmer murders, meaning Milwaukee was deadlier last year than when a serial killer was roaming its streets.

According to the Milwaukee Homicide Review Commission, a total of 919 people were shot in the city last year; an average of 2.5 per day. As of November 15, this year has been even worse with an average of 2.79 people shot per day and 170 total murders.

Yet even as all violent crime—rape, aggravated assault, armed robbery, and arson—has spiked over the past two years, Chisholm has refused to accept any responsibility. Instead, he told a progressive prosecutors’ conference in March that “deliberately manipulated scare stories about rising crime” are fueling “false information” about the utopia he has created.

“We can never, ever, underestimate the power of fear to create bad policy,” he said.

In truth, the worst crime policy in Wisconsin has come from Chisholm’s own office. Under his direction, criminals like Brooks have routinely been given shockingly low bail and sweetheart plea agreements or never prosecuted at all. The horror in Waukesha is just now drawing national attention to it, but the Milwaukee area has been living—and dying—for 15 years with the unmitigated disaster Chisholm has created.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: December 01, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »