Author Topic: Biden’s Afghan exit strategy as driven by ‘ weakness, incompetence’  (Read 21764 times)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
One would think that the helos, humvees, and vehicles would have at least been disabled.  Dafuq is coming down the pike?  :-[

They could take 2 USAF Globemasters C17 @ the Kabul International too ............ :-\

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

No way, no fat Talibanis + they love new Hummers !.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mostly peaceful beheadings, rapes, forced marriages, and executions.

The USA and our allies were never going to change the barbaric CULTURE of many Afghans.
Far too many there believe crap like Sharia Law and woman in bee keeper suits is " Gods Law" .

I reject those Taliban a-holes and but look at the loony " true believers", right here in the USA.

LOOK at our home grown  zealots of conspiracy based nonsense ,who think a covid vaccine is GOV poison . ::)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
The USA and our allies were never going to change the barbaric CULTURE of many Afghans.
Far too many there believe crap like Sharia Law and woman in bee keeper suits is " Gods Law" .

I reject those Taliban a-holes and but look at the loony " true believers", right here in the USA.

LOOK at our home grown  zealots of conspiracy based nonsense ,who think a covid vaccine is GOV poison . ::)

Hey COWARD, Joe Biden must be @ the top of his "popularity" !.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________

Have there been issues with vaccines in our history? Ever heard of swine flu and the vaccines?

Crazy to think people haven't forgotten about that now isn't it? Big Pharma and the FDA just want what's best for us, right?

Ever hear of a drug called Oxycontin? I hope you know the history of that drug and how pharma and the FDA handled it? I could most MANY more examples.

Are you still mad you were told the covid vaccine would bring 'normal' back....only to be masked up and likely to catch covid despite being vaccinated? Post vaccinated isn't what you expected now is it?

To think some people are skeptical is just insanity. Lol

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
To me this whole withdrawing troops from Afghanistan seems like a trap that Trump set for Biden in the final days of his administration.  It worked.

Withdrawing is the right decision in my opinion, but it's something no president really wanted actually happening on their watch because of fear of the backlash Biden is now facing.  I think everyone in Washington knew the Afghan government wouldn't survive once US troops withdrew and that the whole thing would be a huge mess.

'Real chance' Afghanistan withdrawal 'destroys' Biden presidency

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/real-chance-afghanistan-withdrawal-destroys-biden-presidency-analyst-174826129.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Afghanistan: an Intelligence Failure Bigger than 9/11
Townhall.com ^ | August 18, 2021 | Bob Barr
Posted on 8/18/2021, 7:05:09 AM by Kaslin

Like most Americans, the debacle surrounding the fall of Afghanistan’s capital city to the Taliban caused me great concern. In fact, we are witnessing failures of leadership decision-making and foreign intelligence analysis worse than any in modern history; certainly, worse than the failures that lead to the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

To a degree, this conclusion is based on my personal experiences of having lived in that part of the world in my youth (I graduated from high school in Tehran, for example), having worked at the CIA for eight years in the 1970s, and having served in the Congress before, during, and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Even without this background, however, the many negative short and long-term ramifications of this debacle cannot be overestimated.

Broadly speaking, there is more than enough blame to go around leading to the dismal situation in Afghanistan that President Biden inherited on January 20th, including mistakes by all three of his immediate predecessors (one Democrat and two Republican). But the final series of decisions – or non-decisions – leading directly to this fiasco, were made by this administration, and efforts by Biden to shift blame to others is an act of cowardice.

The lenses through which this administration viewed events in Afghanistan were deep rose-colored. This caused them to overlook the otherwise obvious weaknesses in both the Afghan military and its civilian government. They persisted in the narrative that the fall of Kabul to the Taliban was only a “possibility,” and certainly not an “inevitability.” Even worse, they concluded that this possibility was months away, and therefore we had adequate time to arrange for an orderly exit.

Last weekend’s collapse of both the Afghan civilian leadership and its military was either not foreseen at all by Biden, or even worse its fact was presented to him and ignored.

Regardless of which of these two horrible options prevailed over the past several weeks, during the course of 20 years, 2,300 military lives lost, and two trillion dollars, it appears that the Intelligence Community screwed up so badly as to make the pre-9/11 intelligence failure pale by comparison.

Whether our military leadership tried to save face after failing to mold the Afghan army into some semblance of a fighting force after two decades of tutorial, or whether civilian intelligence is simply that ineffective in the Middle East (even inside a country the U.S. government effectively ran), there is no legitimate way to attribute the gulf between expectations and reality in Afghanistan to a “miscommunication” or “bad intel.”

What appears to have happened is beyond fundamentally incompetent, and borders on intentional and deceptive.

The intelligence shortcomings resulting in our failure to stop the 9/11 terror attacks were devastating, but for the most part played out behind the scenes. Also, the 9/11 attacks were an American tragedy; they did not undercut our reputation with allies, or adversaries. If anything, the attacks engendered a rare bit of empathy from the international community, while providing an opportunity to remind the world the dangers of awakening the “sleeping giant filled with terrible resolve.”

Afghanistan’s fall is far different. The intelligence failures here happened in real-time, on live television, across the world. Worse, rather than being exclusively an American blunder, the international coalition of allies who helped with the U.S. effort means the decades of blood and treasure lost this week are theirs to share as well. There is no question their anger and distrust will reverberate years down the road if the United States seeks future coalitions.

America’s adversaries will be emboldened at our stunning defeat in Afghanistan. Already China is looking to move into the vacuum left in America’s wake, and seizing the opportunity to escalate saber-rattling over Taiwan. Their enhanced foothold in the Middle East will be employed to weaken ours. Had policy makers in Washington – Republican and Democrat – cared to read the long history of China and the so-called “Silk Road,” some in Washington might have seen this coming; but apparently not.

American citizens and the rest of the freedom-loving world, deserve better than what our Intelligence Community has become – a dangerous hive of self-serving bureaucrats.

As with the 9/11 Commission, Congress owes it to us all to find the truth behind the fall of Afghanistan, and the role America’s civilian and military intelligence services played in the government’s decision-making. If answers and learning do not then follow, the damage to our national security will be brutal and long-lasting.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
What a shit show.   

Here is an opportunity for the Left on this board to show they are not brainwashed drones.

There is a good chance this will stain his presidency making it impossible for re-election

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
What a shit show.   

Here is an opportunity for the Left on this board to show they are not brainwashed drones.

There is a good chance this will stain his presidency making it impossible for re-election

This is the biggest sign of incompetency that I've ever seen by a President in my lifetime. This is a disaster on so many levels. 20 years of US money and carnage gone...and there are still US citizens stranded there.

He's trying to blame Trump, but it's not going to fly on this one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is the biggest sign of incompetency that I've ever seen by a President in my lifetime. This is a disaster on so many levels. 20 years of US money and carnage gone...and there are still US citizens stranded there.

He's trying to blame Trump, but it's not going to fly on this one.

For the TDS mentally ill they are still blaming Trump.   

Sick in the damn head.   >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
 :o

Dem Explodes on Biden for Monstrous Lie He Told in Afghanistan Speech: 'Utter B.S.'
By Nick Arama | Aug 18, 2021
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/08/18/dem-explodes-on-biden-for-monstrous-lie-he-told-in-afghanistan-speech-utter-b-s-n428883

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Further elevating the best example of an oxymoron:  "Military Intelligence"

WTF are we paying for! 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

Not his re-election surely..ya think?

The question is will the press cover the suffering he just caused over half the people in that country?

OzmO

• Getbig V

Not his re-election surely..ya think?

The question is will the press cover the suffering he just caused over half the people in that country?

At some point, if an outlet spins it too much they lose too much credibility.   I saw CNN ripping him yesterday.  I don't think they have much of a choice.  They tried to spin with the blame it on Trump BS, but that only flys so high.  Most people, IMO, will agree that the execution is solely on Biden and he dropped the ball and likely thousands will now die.

What I don't understand is why all those people waited until now to get the hell out of there? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
At some point, if an outlet spins it too much they lose too much credibility.   I saw CNN ripping him yesterday.  I don't think they have much of a choice.  They tried to spin with the blame it on Trump BS, but that only flys so high.  Most people, IMO, will agree that the execution is solely on Biden and he dropped the ball and likely thousands will now die.

What I don't understand is why all those people waited until now to get the hell out of there?

Because he and his woke general corps and other incompetent HACKS promised as late as last month this would never happen. 

Own it liberal failures - at least your little feelings are no longer hurt by mean tweets. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
The Taliban won't be able to keep the Blackhawks flying without American maintenance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Biden ignored UK PM Boris Johnson's attempts to phone call him for 36 hours. No communication or Consultation with allies on the plan to withdraw.
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1428280996730916867 ^
Posted on 8/19/2021, 1:15:37 PM by sinsofsolarempirefan

Two remarkable lines in today’s papers from @Steven_Swinford

@benrileysmith

— UK military left in the dark by the US about timings and pace of their withdrawal… UK official confirms this is the case — Biden ignored Boris Johnson’s attempts to speak on the phone for 36+ hours

(Excerpt) Read more at twitter.com ...

Disastrous 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

Mega fat general & parashooters badge  ::) :o ???