Author Topic: Biden’s Afghan exit strategy as driven by ‘ weakness, incompetence’  (Read 22415 times)

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
Apparently the JoeJill Biden Afghanistan withdrawal plan was saved on Hunter’s laptop.

Impeach the traitor Joe Biden

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

Under the February 29 agreement, signed in Doha, Qatar, the United States has committed to a phased, conditions-based withdrawal of all U.S. and NATO troops from Afghanistan within 14 months of signing the accord.     

https://law.stanford.edu/2020/12/07/the-u-s-taliban-agreement-and-the-afghan-peace-process/

Alirighty then....just add 14 months to February 29 and you'll have the answer as to how long most probably thought they had to get out.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What do you want me to comment on? The obvious? Of course we should be pulling out of Afghanistan but now was not the time and no, Biden didn’t follow anything Trump put into place for a safe withdrawal. Biden’s abruptly pulled our troops and within a week the Taliban overwhelmed the Afghani’s and promptly took over....Biden had no plan 2 in case something went wrong which is why he risked sending back in 3000 troops and now 5000 with no plan. Now we’re surrendering to the Taliban who we once defeated.

All he has to do was follow the plan but instead he decided to do it his way which, as usual, blew up in his face possibly costing our troops lives

I've always posted  and agreed that Biden owns this debacle in Afghanistan . He should have IGNORED the previous Trump agreement.

Trump ( and Sec Pompeo) would never have negotiated US surrender with the Taliban  or agreed for the release of 5000 Afghan terrorists in prison. ::)
That must be fake news and we'd never have a written agreement, right Coach? ;)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
The whole thing is been a 20 year failure and fraud so why should the exit be any different?

Sure, it’s politically expedient to blame the whole thing on sleepy but the truth is it’s the whole system. There are people who were over there at the start who said the whole thing could’ve been wrapped up in a few months.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I wonder if he thinks all of those blacks and Hispanics who refuse to get vaccinated should be sent to Afghanistan too?

George W. Bush's CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden calls Trump supporters 'our Taliban' and suggests sending the 'the MAGA wearing unvaxxed' on planes to Afghanistan
Retired General Michael Hayden bashed 'MAGA wearing unvaxxed' people after Donald Trump held a rally in Alabama criticized as a 'super spreader' event
He appeared to endorse an image calling Trump supporters 'Our Taliban'
GOP Congressman Jim Banks was one of the people calling out Hayden
Hayden did not reply but retweeted another user dismissing Banks's comment
Hayden was first appointed to the intel community by former President Bill Clinton before serving under President George W. Bush's administration
The retired general was once accused of lying to Congress over CIA torture
By ELIZABETH ELKIND, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 23 August 2021
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9918841/Bushs-CIA-chief-compares-Trump-fans-Taliban-suggests-sending-unvaxxed-MAGA-Afghanistan.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Biden's Aides Were Reportedly Too Afraid to Challenge His Withdrawal Timetable
By Brian Freeman    |   Monday, 23 August 2021
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/biden-afghanistan-withdrawal/2021/08/23/id/1033445/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Biden's Aides Were Reportedly Too Afraid to Challenge His Withdrawal Timetable
By Brian Freeman    |   Monday, 23 August 2021
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/biden-afghanistan-withdrawal/2021/08/23/id/1033445/

Liberal failures

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

The 1st September 2021 is gonna be 'Arrivederci Roma' for senile Joe !.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

The 1st September 2021 is gonna be 'Arrivederci Roma' for senile Joe !.

I don’t see the Democrats throwing Joe under the bus as that would mean moving Kamala up to president. At least old feeble Joe garners a ittle sympathy whereas Kamala is detestable on every level.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
After August 31 the Taliban will start shooting.

It will be bedlam.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
After August 31 the Taliban will start shooting.

It will be bedlam.
We'll be back.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
We'll be back.

More like we're not leaving.   :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
We won't know the facts till people start writing books for lots of money, but why would he fire anyone if they properly advised him and he ignored their advice?

Sources: No Biden firings
Axios
Hans Nichols, Jonathan Swan
https://www.axios.com/bidens-blinders-afghanistan-national-security-team-476bce43-736c-4da5-94b3-4de307d45394.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So much for Biden's tough talk: Australian citizen is beaten by Taliban while trying to reach evacuation flight as Islamists IGNORE US president's demand to let civilians get to Kabul airport - with just hours left for them to flee
Daily Mail ^ | | UPDATED: 09:13 EDT, 25 August 2021 | By CHRIS PLEASANCE
Posted on 8/25/2021, 9:23:10 AM by Hojczyk

Bloodied and beaten by the Taliban - this was the fate of one man claiming to be an Australian citizen as he tried to reach Kabul airport today as the Islamists defied Joe Biden's demand to let evacuation flights continue unimpeded with just hours left to get civilians out of the country.

The man, whose identity is unknown, was attacked after the Taliban vowed to stop people reaching the airport despite Biden demanding that they 'allow access to the airport for those who are transporting out and no disruptions to our operations' in return for US troops withdrawing from the country by August 31.

Video shows the man at what appears to be a Taliban checkpoint with blood running down his face and dripping on to his pink polo shirt, saying in accented English: 'They hit me... I am an Australian citizen.'

Lord David Richards, former chief of UK defence staff, said he is 'pretty certain' that British flights will have to stop on Friday to allow enough time for 1,000 troops to fully withdraw by August 31, the date Joe Biden committed to yesterday under threats from the Taliban.

France says it is 'very probable' that its flights will stop tomorrow, while Poland said it has already stopped flights due to the 'security situation' at the airport. Hungary will also stop flights soon.

Fears are now growing that civilians could rush the runway and trigger a deadly stampede in a repeat of the horror scenes from last week, or else opportunistic terror groups such as ISIS could attack packed crowds - fears that will only grow as troop numbers dwindle.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Stabbing our allies in the back.  Obama 2.0. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I really want to believe President Biden will not do this.   :-\

EXCLUSIVE: Internal Numbers Show White House Poised To Leave Several Thousand Americans Behind Enemy Lines In Afghanistan
SHELBY TALCOTT
SENIOR WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT
August 24, 2021
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/24/americans-evacuated-afghanistan-white-house-several-thousand-remain/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I really want to believe President Biden will not do this.   :-\

EXCLUSIVE: Internal Numbers Show White House Poised To Leave Several Thousand Americans Behind Enemy Lines In Afghanistan
SHELBY TALCOTT
SENIOR WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT
August 24, 2021
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/24/americans-evacuated-afghanistan-white-house-several-thousand-remain/

He should be tried for treason and sentenced accordingly if he does this. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

5 more days  :-[ :-[ :-[

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
So much for Biden's tough talk: Australian citizen is beaten by Taliban while trying to reach evacuation flight as Islamists IGNORE US president's demand to let civilians get to Kabul airport - with just hours left for them to flee
Daily Mail ^ | | UPDATED: 09:13 EDT, 25 August 2021 | By CHRIS PLEASANCE
Posted on 8/25/2021, 9:23:10 AM by Hojczyk

Bloodied and beaten by the Taliban - this was the fate of one man claiming to be an Australian citizen as he tried to reach Kabul airport today as the Islamists defied Joe Biden's demand to let evacuation flights continue unimpeded with just hours left to get civilians out of the country.

The man, whose identity is unknown, was attacked after the Taliban vowed to stop people reaching the airport despite Biden demanding that they 'allow access to the airport for those who are transporting out and no disruptions to our operations' in return for US troops withdrawing from the country by August 31.

Video shows the man at what appears to be a Taliban checkpoint with blood running down his face and dripping on to his pink polo shirt, saying in accented English: 'They hit me... I am an Australian citizen.'

Lord David Richards, former chief of UK defence staff, said he is 'pretty certain' that British flights will have to stop on Friday to allow enough time for 1,000 troops to fully withdraw by August 31, the date Joe Biden committed to yesterday under threats from the Taliban.

France says it is 'very probable' that its flights will stop tomorrow, while Poland said it has already stopped flights due to the 'security situation' at the airport. Hungary will also stop flights soon.

Fears are now growing that civilians could rush the runway and trigger a deadly stampede in a repeat of the horror scenes from last week, or else opportunistic terror groups such as ISIS could attack packed crowds - fears that will only grow as troop numbers dwindle.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Why was he trying to leave? He would’ve had more freedom in Afghanistan than in  Australia.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Why was he trying to leave? He would’ve had more freedom in Afghanistan than in  Australia.

Not if he's dead.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

Could be AAA rated life, free medical-dental, old age pension for all, cash for unemployed,endless sandy beaches,topless girls on Manly beach,free outdoor gyms,

NO no-go areas, no homeless tents like in Venice, no Chicago style shootings, no Portland style rioting,no graffitis on trains, NO poops on the streets like in SF, superior

fresh food, etc,etc,.........

but the worst of all no machine guns for sale  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors