Author Topic: Am I screwed?  (Read 2247 times)

kevthekid

• Getbig III
Am I screwed?
« on: January 10, 2022, 04:00:08 PM »
I’ve been on this forum on and off for the last few years, I started cycling at 18, and was on and off throughout the years till about 22 years old. I was cruising for a year so 21-22 I was cruising on test then would do a regular 500 weekly cycle. I stopped taking test and working out for about a year or 2 because I got busy with life, and a lot of changes were happening so I literally stopped lifting for about 2 years. Fast forward to right when Covid hit, I was 24 years old, and I noticed every day I was depressed, lacked motivation and energy to do anything and everything I was dragging my feet. I had been off test for about 2 years. I go see a psychiatrist because I couldn’t even get myself to workout every other day after I started trying to lift again, and she puts me on anti depressants which made things 200x worse, I was more depressed than anything and so I stopped seeing her and threw away the meds, decided one day I wanted to start test again, and maybe 48 hours after my first pin in 2-3 years, I felt completely normal again, no mood swings, was happy, no depression, it vanished overnight . My question is am I screwed and have to stay on trt for life at this point?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Am I screwed?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 11:15:37 AM »
No. At your age your Test levels will come back with some time.
T

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 09:32:44 PM »
Did you get your test levels checked when you felt depressed?

Many things can cause depression, but considering you were off for two years at your age it find it hard to believe it was AAS.

Even in my late 30's and being on for almost 8 years my levels came back to normal range in less than 8 months.

We are all different so i would seek help from an Endocrinologist.

Anti-depressants are generally a bad idea. They will just mask the problem.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 07:23:38 AM »
I am 45. Just tested my hormone production, from test to t3/T4 and the such, and it's within range for my age.
However i have been self experimenting with trt doses and it feels great. Mentally and physically. Doesn't mean i need it.
That being said, i do not believe you are castrated. Consider stopping the hormones and try to have more fun in life, not just work. Stress hormones can screw you up. Summer is just around the corner and will give you a boost of positivity.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 11:20:52 AM »
I am 45. Just tested my hormone production, from test to t3/T4 and the such, and it's within range for my age.
However i have been self experimenting with trt doses and it feels great. Mentally and physically. Doesn't mean i need it.
That being said, i do not believe you are castrated. Consider stopping the hormones and try to have more fun in life, not just work. Stress hormones can screw you up. Summer is just around the corner and will give you a boost of positivity.

Exactly stress is a killer.

I’ve been on this forum on and off for the last few years, I started cycling at 18, and was on and off throughout the years till about 22 years old. I was cruising for a year so 21-22 I was cruising on test then would do a regular 500 weekly cycle. I stopped taking test and working out for about a year or 2 because I got busy with life, and a lot of changes were happening so I literally stopped lifting for about 2 years. Fast forward to right when Covid hit, I was 24 years old, and I noticed every day I was depressed, lacked motivation and energy to do anything and everything I was dragging my feet. I had been off test for about 2 years. I go see a psychiatrist because I couldn’t even get myself to workout every other day after I started trying to lift again, and she puts me on anti depressants which made things 200x worse, I was more depressed than anything and so I stopped seeing her and threw away the meds, decided one day I wanted to start test again, and maybe 48 hours after my first pin in 2-3 years, I felt completely normal again, no mood swings, was happy, no depression, it vanished overnight . My question is am I screwed and have to stay on trt for life at this point?

No. Your body will bounce back. The missing piece here is your bloodwork to see where your levels are etc.