Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Gym/Stores/Industry Business Board

Education in math

(1/3) > >>

The Master:
Have anyone here been studying math? I'm considering taking a bachelor in math some time in the future, and with that in mind: How would you math people assess the workload on the math studies?

davidpaul:

--- Quote from: DF on July 25, 2006, 07:27:24 AM ---Have anyone here been studying math? I'm considering taking a bachelor in math some time in the future, and with that in mind: How would you math people assess the workload on the math studies?

--- End quote ---

depends on the kinda math your gonna do. is it applied math, or mechanaical math?

brianX:
I don't think it's a good idea to major in math. It will definitely limit your options for graduate school. If you're interested in economics, just major in economics. You can take whatever advanced math classes you want while working towards an economics degree. Alternatively, you could get double degrees in math and economics. My bachelor's degree was in physics, which required a lot of math classes. I flirted with the idea of getting a second degree in math, but was bored to death with some of the more arcane subjects like abstract algebra, topology, and geometry. If you really enjoy math, go ahead and major in it, but don't be surprised if it isn't what you expected.

The hardest math classes for me were calculus, differential equations, numerical methods, and linear algebra. If you can get past the first two years, it should be a breeze. Math is easy as hell compared to science majors like physics, chemistry, or electrical engineering.

haider:
where do you live?

Slin1:

--- Quote from: haider on August 13, 2006, 10:04:53 AM ---where do you live?

--- End quote ---

His a Norwegian closet f.aggot HAHA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version