Author Topic: Biden Transparency  (Read 10469 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Biden Transparency
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2021, 07:27:22 PM »

Like my friend from Taiwan says about growing up in China, "at least we know it's all fake, Americans still think it's real".
There's a lot of truth in this
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2021, 07:44:35 PM »
Aha! Now I get it. It was a joke...a sarcastic joke, nevertheless it was a joke. Humor is a good thing.  :)

I have friends who vacation in Mexico and they love it. Or loved it before the pandemic screwed up travel. There are over a million expats in Mexico. Puerto Vallarta is known as an expat haven by the sea. Other expat favorites are San Miguel de Allende; Mérida; Lake Chapala which is Mexico’s largest expat hotspot and where my friends vacation. There are several more favorite locations expats chose in Mexico.

One of the aspects of the media I most dislike is how they frequently magnify all the bad shit that goes on around the world and completely ignore all that is good and positive. People who live elsewhere, think all of Portland is under siege when the reality is very different. People think what we see on the media is real. Maybe it is real, but not in the way they'd like you to think it is.

There are some great places to live in Mexico. The problem is they are few and far between. 90% of Mexico is a cesspool. You will notice all the places filled with American's and Europeans are just that, all American and European. They are the top 1% of the Country.

I know American's who live there quite comfortably. It's cheap and very few rules to follow. If you made your wealth illegally, it's the place to live, nobody askes any questions, no taxes and red tape to worry about. You have money, no problemo!

Also many places are beautiful. I've seen some amazing places on the Pacific coastline.

The main cities are pretty bad though. Just try driving a car through Mexico City, it's insane. No traffic laws to follow, or at least none are enforced.

Tampico is my favorite place, but it's the "rich" part of Mexico.

Just don't get caught away from one of the good places and you are fine. As my GF and her family always say, don't carry cash, don't dress nice, speak spanish (at least some), never start a fight, don't act important and always travel with a Mexican.

I've been to Juarez and Tijuana, some of the worst places in North America. The majority of the people are nice and friendly, don't care much about anything. But those others will rob you and knife you for $100, no questions asked. The police won't even make a report. They don't want the attention. Thousands of people disappear in the border towns every year. When you cross the border there are walls covered with pictures of missing Americans. The government doesn't even acknowledge they are missing, it's family members going down there to try and find them.

I've been all over Mexico and i've seen how badly they are treated, so much poverty, rape, murder and gang activity. Most of the bad things that happen there are not televised or talked about, they are swept under the rug. Which is kind of my point. The government is corrupt, so is the military; they can be bought and paid for. The cartels have billions of dollars, they influence over 25% of the police force. That's pretty crazy to think about.

Once your government, media, police and military are corrupt and do not tell the truth. All is lost. That is how the majority of Central and South America are. We don't need to be heading that direction.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 07:44:57 PM »
this freakin mileage tax is a BIG tax on poor and middle class

amazing

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 05:18:46 AM »
Great post on Mexico, TO.

My question is where do Americans with a lot of money keep it? If you can’t trust anybody why would you trust the banks?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 07:17:33 AM »

My question is where do Americans with a lot of money keep it? If you can’t trust anybody why would you trust the banks?

It can be kept offshore, in the Caymans, or in Switzerland if you want.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2021, 04:11:13 PM »
There are some great places to live in Mexico. The problem is they are few and far between. 90% of Mexico is a cesspool. You will notice all the places filled with American's and Europeans are just that, all American and European. They are the top 1% of the Country.

I know American's who live there quite comfortably. It's cheap and very few rules to follow. If you made your wealth illegally, it's the place to live, nobody askes any questions, no taxes and red tape to worry about. You have money, no problemo!

Also many places are beautiful. I've seen some amazing places on the Pacific coastline.

The main cities are pretty bad though. Just try driving a car through Mexico City, it's insane. No traffic laws to follow, or at least none are enforced.

Tampico is my favorite place, but it's the "rich" part of Mexico.

Just don't get caught away from one of the good places and you are fine. As my GF and her family always say, don't carry cash, don't dress nice, speak spanish (at least some), never start a fight, don't act important and always travel with a Mexican.

I've been to Juarez and Tijuana, some of the worst places in North America. The majority of the people are nice and friendly, don't care much about anything. But those others will rob you and knife you for $100, no questions asked. The police won't even make a report. They don't want the attention. Thousands of people disappear in the border towns every year. When you cross the border there are walls covered with pictures of missing Americans. The government doesn't even acknowledge they are missing, it's family members going down there to try and find them.

I've been all over Mexico and i've seen how badly they are treated, so much poverty, rape, murder and gang activity. Most of the bad things that happen there are not televised or talked about, they are swept under the rug. Which is kind of my point. The government is corrupt, so is the military; they can be bought and paid for. The cartels have billions of dollars, they influence over 25% of the police force. That's pretty crazy to think about.

Once your government, media, police and military are corrupt and do not tell the truth. All is lost. That is how the majority of Central and South America are. We don't need to be heading that direction.

I doubt anyone thinks it is a good idea to copy or move in the direction of Mexico and the rest of Central and South America's government and subsequent and predominate among the citizenry's poor quality of life.

Some U.S. cities have been or are currently not ideal places for anyone to live. There are multiple reasons for this, such as poverty, corruption, drug use and overcrowding. These conditions lead to the deterioration of a city's quality of life. It is mostly big city issues which we are currently seeing increases in. The number of homeless camps in Portland is astounding. What was once a very clean and beautiful city is littered with garbage and graffiti covered surfaces. The pandemic has exacerbated these problems, which are in fact worldwide, not just in the Americas.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2021, 07:57:49 PM »
I doubt anyone thinks it is a good idea to copy or move in the direction of Mexico and the rest of Central and South America's government and subsequent and predominate among the citizenry's poor quality of life.

Some U.S. cities have been or are currently not ideal places for anyone to live. There are multiple reasons for this, such as poverty, corruption, drug use and overcrowding. These conditions lead to the deterioration of a city's quality of life. It is mostly big city issues which we are currently seeing increases in. The number of homeless camps in Portland is astounding. What was once a very clean and beautiful city is littered with garbage and graffiti covered surfaces. The pandemic has exacerbated these problems, which are in fact worldwide, not just in the Americas.

Bullshiting again ,

NO homeless camps in Kyoto,Singapore,Seoul,Monte Carlo,Melbourne,......................SO IS NOT worldwide fact !.

There is no a la Venice Beach situation on Bondi Beach,Manly Beach & other Australian beaches .............

There is no Antifa rioting or imbeciles shitting on the streets (like in Portland/San Francisco) in other countries !.

OBW, your current president is a joke of the World  ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2021, 04:04:26 AM »

Bullshiting again ,

NO homeless camps in Kyoto,Singapore,Seoul,Monte Carlo,Melbourne,......................SO IS NOT worldwide fact !.

There is no a la Venice Beach situation on Bondi Beach,Manly Beach & other Australian beaches .............

There is no Antifa rioting or imbeciles shitting on the streets (like in Portland/San Francisco) in other countries !.

LOL

Prime owned yet again. I have to give him credit though. Most liberals hide out on Twitter where they don’t have to get their assholes reamed by come backs like this.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2021, 03:05:14 PM »

As Les said it's mainly offshore.

There are legit banks in Mexico. Not bad for just using as a checking account for 10-20k. But i wouldn't put a lot of money in there. The wealthy people are typically left alone, unless you piss of the wrong person. My GF's older sister is an Attorney who works for the Mexican government on a federal level, she works in auditing and tax law. There are accounts she's not even allowed to look at because they are "protected". It's still the wild wild west over there.

Mexico has some good services, it's just that the government controls everything, and i mean everything. They can do whatever they want, no questions asked and no explanations given.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »

In Juarez every single building has graffiti on it, literally all of them do. They have fences with razor wire around churches so people don't steal the furniture and religious pieces.  The statues of saints are bolted to steel plates on the ground.

There are dozens of homeless on every corner. It's crazy. Little 2-3 year old kids being used as pawns to beg for money. They do this in Mexico City because of all the tourists. You just have to block it out and keep walking.

It's insane. As much as America is falling apart, we are still better off than the rest of the world.

I never knew what real poverty was until i lived in Venezuela.

We have it very good here in the states.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:49 PM »

Bullshiting again ,

What the heck are you going on about? Your bullshit has nothing to do with what I posted.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2021, 11:15:56 AM »
It's now April and no State of the Union Address.  The media doesn't seem to care.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2021, 11:46:46 AM »
It's now April and no State of the Union Address.  The media doesn't seem to care.

Nobody thinks this guy is running anything and they don't care as long as they don't have to pay their bills/landlords and stimmies keep coming.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2021, 12:43:39 PM »
No State of the Union Address.  Why?  No press conference.  Why?  No pressure by the media.   (We know why not.) 

Say what you want about Trump, but he stood and took questions darn near every time he passed by a mic.

I guess President Biden reads the board.   :)  State of the Union address is today. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2021, 02:35:15 PM »
I guess President Biden reads the board.   :)  State of the Union address is today.

I assume you'll be watching since you complained about it

I hope Biden announces that he's giving the Medal of Freedom to Rachel Maddow

BTW - let me know when Biden takes multiple secret meetings with Putin with one other aides or people in the room and no one ever knows what they talked about

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2021, 03:17:20 PM »
I assume you'll be watching since you complained about it

I hope Biden announces that he's giving the Medal of Freedom to Rachel Maddow

BTW - let me know when Biden takes multiple secret meetings with Putin with one other aides or people in the room and no one ever knows what they talked about

Biden does everything in private. I understand he's not capable of answering questions on his own, but it is what it is.

Are you concerned that Biden can't even talk to the media without knowing the questions and being provided answers ahead of time?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2021, 04:41:42 PM »
you sound as though you give more than a tinkers curse for the fake media

Just pointing out media hypocrisy and dishonesty. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2021, 02:31:16 PM »
I just read this.  Haven't verified, but sounds accurate:

President Biden held his first press conference after 64 days in office.  No president waited longer in the past 100 years.  There has not been a second one 77 days later. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2021, 02:50:04 PM »
“I have never seen a president...so protected by his aides, in terms of often not wanting him to answer some questions.” - CNN’s Jeff Zeleny on President Biden.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2021, 07:47:22 PM »
One of the worst debacles in foreign policy/military history and President Biden is doing a one-on-one interview George Stephanopoulos instead of doing a press conference and taking unscripted questions.  Very disappointing. 

Biden says he did not see a way to withdraw from Afghanistan without 'chaos ensuing'
In an exclusive ABC News interview, Biden opens up on his decision to withdraw.
By Sarah Kolinovsky
August 18, 2021
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-withdraw-afghanistan-chaos-ensuing/story?id=79507930

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2021, 09:53:59 PM »
One of the worst debacles in foreign policy/military history and President Biden is doing a one-on-one interview George Stephanopoulos instead of doing a press conference and taking unscripted questions.  Very disappointing. 

Biden says he did not see a way to withdraw from Afghanistan without 'chaos ensuing'
In an exclusive ABC News interview, Biden opens up on his decision to withdraw.
By Sarah Kolinovsky
August 18, 2021
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-withdraw-afghanistan-chaos-ensuing/story?id=79507930

He lacks the mental fortitude to have open questions.

Everything he does is scripted in advance so we don't see how senile he really is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2021, 11:17:21 AM »
He lacks the mental fortitude to have open questions.

Everything he does is scripted in advance so we don't see how senile he really is.

Doesn't look like he will be answering questions anytime soon.

Afghanistan withdrawal: Biden continues bunker strategy after widely panned ABC interview
The president has not taken any other questions from the press
By Houston Keene | Fox News

In what appears to be a continuation of his campaign bunker strategy, and following his widely panned interview with ABC News on the stunning fall of Afghanistan, President Biden's schedule Thursday contained no planned public remarks or press briefings. 

The president took all public remarks, press briefings and press conferences off his schedule as he and his administration deal with the blowback from their botched troop withdrawal that saw Kabul fall into the hands of the Taliban.

Biden’s now-clear press schedule also comes after his much-criticized ABC News interview on Wednesday night, when the president claimed there was no better way to get out of Afghanistan. Other than the ABC News interview, Biden has not taken any questions from the press this week.

Biden's decision to bunker down amid the Afghanistan crisis evokes his strategy during the 2020 presidential race, when he spent a large amount of time away from the campaign trail.

When asked if the president believes that his campaign strategy of ducking out of the public eye is translating well to his official duties and if his strategy sent a message of American strength to our allies and adversaries, a White House official pointed to Biden's ABC News interview and press briefings by the Pentagon and State Department.

The president's decision to nix his media obligations on Thursday also coincides with Vice President Harris’ trip to Vietnam amid the Afghanistan crisis — which some critics have compared to the 1975 fall of Saigon.

Harris' office has defended the vice president's trip, saying America has many "interests" worldwide.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-bunker-strategy-clears-schedule

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2021, 10:50:27 AM »
Why did they edit this part of his interview out? 

STEPHANOPOULOS: I-- I think a lot of-- a lot of Americans, and a l-- even a lot of veterans who served in Afghanistan agree with you on the big, strategic picture. They believe we had to get out. But I wonder how you respond to an Army Special Forces officer, Javier McKay (PH). He did seven tours. He was shot twice. He agrees with you. He says, "We have to cut our losses in Afghanistan." But he adds, "I just wish we could've left with honor."

BIDEN: Look, that's like askin' my deceased son Beau, who spent six months in Kosovo and a year in Iraq as a Navy captain and then major-- I mean, as an Army major. And, you know, I'm sure h-- he had regrets comin' out of Afganista-- I mean, out of Iraq.

He had regrets to what's-- how-- how it's going. But the idea-- what's the alternative? The alternative is why are we staying in Afghanistan? Why are we there? Don't you think that the one-- you know who's most disappointed in us getting out? Russia and China. They'd love us to continue to have to--

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/full-transcript-abc-news-george-stephanopoulos-interview-president/story?id=79535643

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2021, 06:01:07 PM »
ABC News Appears To Have Not Aired 900+ Words From Biden During Interview On GMA. Here They Are.
By  Ryan Saavedra
Aug 20, 2021   DailyWire.com
https://www.dailywire.com/news/abc-news-appears-to-have-not-aired-900-words-from-biden-during-interview-on-gma-here-they-are

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2021, 06:30:15 PM »
NPR reporter changed their "approved" Biden question today. That was the end of the questions.

Soon they will have to show the bodies of Americans unable to get out of there.