Author Topic: Biden’s Afghan exit strategy as driven by ‘ weakness, incompetence’  (Read 21753 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Biden’s Afghan exit strategy as driven by ‘ weakness, incompetence’
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2021, 06:15:11 AM »
TDS FAR SURPASSES any level of hate for Obummer.

TDS infected everything.

You had people who never followed politics hanging on every word, believing every false story, and losing friends in real life.

Media would rush to everything, put out half truths or blatant lies, big tech would censor without any valid reason.

They would do anything to get Trump out of office and thought that would make everything OK.

It was an odd time.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2021, 06:18:49 AM »
TDS infected everything.

You had people who never followed politics hanging on every word, believing every false story, and losing friends in real life.

Media would rush to everything, put out half truths or blatant lies, big tech would censor without any valid reason.

They would do anything to get Trump out of office and thought that would make everything OK.

It was an odd time.

It still is.   These same TDS infect fruitcakes still believe provably false lies and nonsense.   

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2021, 06:20:17 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/asia/100000007980891/kabul-drone-strike-house.html?action=click&gtype=vhs&version=vhs-heading&module=vhs&region=title-area&cview=true&t=3

Disastrous!

That was no mistake.  They KNEW EXACTLY what they were doing and just wanted to create a quick lie - "We got an ISIS k" knowing full well it was a lie and they could say later "it was a mistake".  Fvckn Barbarians.
:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2021, 06:40:36 AM »
It still is.   These same TDS infect fruitcakes still believe provably false lies and nonsense.

The media made these things "facts".

Take "very fine people".....It was debunked within hours, the transcripts were there, it was obvious he meant the statue debate and specifically condemned white supremacy.

Yet, it was tweeted as fact for years, hollywood idiots, media etc...

Then, Biden kicked off his campaign with it in a tweet.

Then, Wallace brought it up in the debate......

And it hasn't stopped.

And it was a massive Trump mistake at the debate....he could have ended it, but just said "read the transcript".  The problem was, anyone who got their news from mainstream media and cable, never heard of the transcript.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2021, 01:19:50 PM »
Why didn't Trumptard get all of our citizens out BEFORE he agreed to withdraw our troops

Also, Why did Trumptard agree to let 5000 Taliban out of prison last year ...again before getting our citizens and allies out

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

Trump said Biden couldn't stop the agreement the he signed in 2020

Are Trumptards now saying that Trump is lying in this clip?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: September 28, 2021, 01:26:31 PM »

Doesn't work BoB , BIDEN & FATSO general fucked up !.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2021, 01:34:20 PM »

Doesn't work BoB , BIDEN & FATSO general fucked up !.

Get back to picking your mangos
You've got a quota to fill

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: September 28, 2021, 01:44:53 PM »
Get back to picking your mangos
You've got a quota to fill

Yeah right, it's too price fruit for your pockets   :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #309 on: September 28, 2021, 11:28:16 PM »
‘Biden Lied’: President Blasted After Top Generals Directly Contradict What Biden Said About Afghanistan
By  Daily Wire News
Sep 28, 2021   DailyWire.com

President Joe Biden faced backlash on Tuesday after top U.S. military leaders, testifying in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee, directly contradicted what Biden told the American public during an interview over the summer amidst the U.S.’s withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley, and head of U.S. Central Command Gen. Kenneth McKenzie gave their testimonies under oath in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee over Biden’s chaotic pullout from Afghanistan last month.

Biden faced widespread criticism, comparing his prior remarks, made during an interview back in August with ABC News host George Stephanopoulos, with statements the generals gave today — statements which appeared to directly contradict what Biden said.

Numerous top Republicans online wrote that “Biden lied.”

Biden had the following exchange with Stephanopoulos on August 19th:

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no one told — your military advisors did not tell you, ‘No, we should just keep 2,500 troops. It’s been a stable situation for the last several years. We can do that. We can continue to do that’?

BIDEN: No. No one said that to me that I can recall. Look, George, the reason why it’s been stable for a year is because the last president said, ‘We’re leaving. And here’s the deal I wanna make with you, Taliban. We’re agreeing to leave if you agree not to attack us between now and the time we leave on May the 1st.’

WATCH:

McKenzie said that the recommendation that he gave to Biden was “shaped” by his honest opinion of the situation in Afghanistan, which was that the U.S. needed to “maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan” and that pulling out those forces would “lead inevitably to the collapse of the Afghan military forces and eventually the Afghan government.”

Milley later said that he agreed with that assessment.

Milley and McKenzie made the remarks during the following exchange with Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK):

INHOFE: But I’d ask General McKenzie, did you agree to the recommendation that General Miller had two weeks ago?

MCKENZIE: Senator, again, I won’t I won’t share my personal recommendation to the President. But I will give you my honest opinion. And my honest opinion and view shaped my recommendation. I recommended that we maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan. And I also recommended earlier in the fall of 2020, that we maintain 4,500 at that time, those are my personal views. I also have a view that the withdrawal of those forces would lead inevitably to the collapse of the Afghan military forces and eventually the Afghan government.

INHOFE: Yes, I understand that. And General Milley, I assume you agree with that in terms of the recommendation of 2,500.

MILLEY: What I said in my opening statement, and the memoranda that I wrote back in the fall of 2020, remained consistent. And I do agree with that.

INHOFE: This committee is unsure as to whether or not general Miller’s recommendation ever got to the President. You know, obviously, they’re conversations with the President. But I would like to ask even though, General McKenzie, I think you’ve all made the statement. Did you talk to the President about general Miller’s recommendation?

MCKENZIE: Sir, I was present when that discussion occurred. And I’m confident that the President heard all the recommendations and listened to him very thoughtfully.

Inhofe’s question about Gen. Austin Miller, the Commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan from 2018 through July of this year, is in reference to reports that Miller “strongly dissented with the intel assessment that Afghanistan would fall to the Taliban between 1-3 years, saying he thought it would go much, much faster.”

Miller also reportedly told Congress in a classified briefing that the U.S. needed to maintain 2,500 troops on the ground in Afghanistan.

Austin later said that Biden heard “this input.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-lied-president-blasted-after-top-generals-directly-contradict-what-biden-said-about-afghanistan

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2021, 11:46:32 PM »
 CNN?  :o

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: September 29, 2021, 02:40:13 AM »

Why didn't Trumptard get all of our citizens out BEFORE he agreed to withdraw our troops

WHY YOU didn't join the army & as a RAMBO save all those trapped in Afganistan !.

You are all blah-blah-blah-blah ........................ .....................& nothing else !.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2021, 05:10:07 AM »
Between Afghanistan and Immigration, Have We Ever Had a Less Competent President?
Townhall.com ^ | October 1, 2021 | Neil Patel

There's always press coverage about Republican mismanagement or Republicans getting into trouble governing as ideologues, but you don't hear much about the reverse. There's a lot to critique about Republicans, but for mismanagement and for blindly putting ideology above all else, resident Joe Biden may be the all-time champ.

Biden campaigned as a pragmatist who could bring stability and national unification. His inaugural address was all about these themes. America needs some level of national healing more than anything else. Americans can't go on at each other's throats. The country is falling apart.

Biden deserved praise for starting his presidency with a message of healing. I did an entire column to compliment him for it.

Since taking office, however, Biden has not made any effort to back up his pledge. He has governed not just as a wild-eyed ideologue but as an incompetent one, too. America is paying the price. If any Republican president tried to implement such an extremist agenda, the press would hammer it daily. The press likes Biden's left-wing policies, so they downplay the radical nature of what we are going through and cover the incompetence with a light touch, if at all.

On Afghanistan, pretty much all of America wanted out. What most Americans wanted, though, was a safe exit that considered America's long-term security needs. Biden's agenda was driven by the desire to have everything finished by the 20-year anniversary of 9/11. It's hard to imagine that symbolism drove the entire agenda for such an important matter, but looking at the facts, that's all you can conclude. Biden risked countless American lives and harmed long-term security, essentially for a photo op.

There's always press coverage about Republican mismanagement or Republicans getting into trouble governing as ideologues, but you don't hear much about the reverse. There's a lot to critique about Republicans, but for mismanagement and for blindly putting ideology above all else, resident Joe Biden may be the all-time champ.

Biden campaigned as a pragmatist who could bring stability and national unification. His inaugural address was all about these themes. America needs some level of national healing more than anything else. Americans can't go on at each other's throats. The country is falling apart.

Biden deserved praise for starting his presidency with a message of healing. I did an entire column to compliment him for it.

Since taking office, however, Biden has not made any effort to back up his pledge. He has governed not just as a wild-eyed ideologue but as an incompetent one, too. America is paying the price. If any Republican president tried to implement such an extremist agenda, the press would hammer it daily. The press likes Biden's left-wing policies, so they downplay the radical nature of what we are going through and cover the incompetence with a light touch, if at all.

On Afghanistan, pretty much all of America wanted out. What most Americans wanted, though, was a safe exit that considered America's long-term security needs. Biden's agenda was driven by the desire to have everything finished by the 20-year anniversary of 9/11. It's hard to imagine that symbolism drove the entire agenda for such an important matter, but looking at the facts, that's all you can conclude. Biden risked countless American lives and harmed long-term security, essentially for a photo op.

Trump responded to this crisis with a few policies that worked. Most prominent is the "Remain in Mexico" program, launched in January 2019, which required that asylum-seekers wait in Mexico for the entire duration of their immigration court proceedings. This policy eliminated the possibility of "catch and release," where migrants are able to escape into the interior of our country after claiming asylum. After implementing "Remain in Mexico" and a few other innovative policies, border enforcement operations dropped over 70% from their peak of 144,000 in May 2019. It wasn't perfect, but some form of order was restored at our southern border.

Biden came in and rescinded all these Trump policies. He did so on purely ideological grounds. That's his right as president, but he did it with no plan in place of his own. The results have been a complete mess. After dropping to a low of 17,000 monthly encounters under Trump, Border Patrol is back up to a record 200,000-plus border encounters per month under Biden.

To be clear, the U.S. government has no idea how many people are successfully crossing the border. That number has to be in the millions. The government only knows for sure how many people their agents deal with per month.

At the levels today, it's fair to say that the United States effectively has an open southern border. This means it's open season for gangs, terrorists and drug dealers to cross almost at will. The deadly fentanyl pouring into America is just one side effect of this insanity. Another side effect is average Americans are now more anti-immigrant than ever before. There are thousands of immigrants with amazing skills who want to come here. They can't. The legal immigration system is broken. Skilled immigrants can only come if indentured to an American company, and even then, our system is so difficult that many choose Canada or other places who vie for their skills. There is no appetite in America to fix this broken system because the insane border policies have driven many Americans to just want to say no to all of it.

It's not clear if Biden is too out of it to manage America effectively or if his staff is too ideological to make sound decisions or both. What is clear is America is suffering through amazing levels of self-inflicted crises on Joe Biden's watch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: October 05, 2021, 03:01:58 PM »
Klein: Generals Contradicting Biden “Devastating...Feed[s ] A Narrative Of A Lack Of Credibility”
Oct 3, 2021

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2021, 05:37:44 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: October 06, 2021, 11:03:21 AM »
This is criminal.   >:(

Nearly 50 Sacramento-area students remain trapped in Afghanistan. When will they be rescued?
BY SAWSAN MORRAR AND JASON POHL
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 26, 2021

Sacramento-area school districts are still identifying more students stranded in Afghanistan under Taliban rule, weeks after the U.S. completed its withdrawal from the country.

San Juan Unified School District officials last week said 41 students were trapped in Afghanistan — a sharp increase from the two-dozen-or-so the district had previously identified. Of the 41 kids, three were evacuated over the weekend from the war-torn country but remain overseas, district officials said.

Sacramento City Unified officials last week said eight students are stranded in Afghanistan. Initially, they’d identified just one family who The Sacramento Bee interviewed. Attendance records as the school year has progressed showed more students were missing, and staff traced their whereabouts to the country.

Principal Nate McGill of Ethel I. Baker Elementary school has been involved in getting the students out. He texts with family members and has been coordinating staff members who are trying to cobble together a plan.

But, he said, progress has been slow. Sometimes it feels nonexistent.

There were two options on the table at the start of last week. The first involved paying about $2,500 to get the family a flight from Kabul to Islamabad, across the border in Pakistan. That fell through because the family didn’t qualify for visas into that country at the time, McGill said.

Then, later in the week, another option was under discussion. A person from a third-party group that has connections to the country read The Bee’s reporting. Reporters put them in touch with McGill. The group has since been in contact with the family and is working to get them out. If they can get across the border, McGill said he and a handful of others from the Sacramento area will pay for the flight to get them back to the U.S.

“This is like a back-up, sort of secret-ops plan,” McGill said.

It’s unclear if that plan is still on the table or when they might be given a green light.

In the chaotic month since the Taliban stormed into Kabul, uncertainty has increased by the day, both for Sacramento families who remain in Afghanistan and those on the ground here trying to get them out. Some families were turned away from evacuation flights, and others were near the blast at the Kabul airport, where Sacramento-area students witnessed violence, gunfire and bombings that killed scores of people, according to Sacramento City Unified officials.

. . .

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article254412638.html#storylink=cpy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: October 06, 2021, 11:06:00 AM »
Maybe Hunter can sell some 500k artwork to fund a rescue mission? 

This is criminal.   >:(

Nearly 50 Sacramento-area students remain trapped in Afghanistan. When will they be rescued?
BY SAWSAN MORRAR AND JASON POHL
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 26, 2021

Sacramento-area school districts are still identifying more students stranded in Afghanistan under Taliban rule, weeks after the U.S. completed its withdrawal from the country.

San Juan Unified School District officials last week said 41 students were trapped in Afghanistan — a sharp increase from the two-dozen-or-so the district had previously identified. Of the 41 kids, three were evacuated over the weekend from the war-torn country but remain overseas, district officials said.

Sacramento City Unified officials last week said eight students are stranded in Afghanistan. Initially, they’d identified just one family who The Sacramento Bee interviewed. Attendance records as the school year has progressed showed more students were missing, and staff traced their whereabouts to the country.

Principal Nate McGill of Ethel I. Baker Elementary school has been involved in getting the students out. He texts with family members and has been coordinating staff members who are trying to cobble together a plan.

But, he said, progress has been slow. Sometimes it feels nonexistent.

There were two options on the table at the start of last week. The first involved paying about $2,500 to get the family a flight from Kabul to Islamabad, across the border in Pakistan. That fell through because the family didn’t qualify for visas into that country at the time, McGill said.

Then, later in the week, another option was under discussion. A person from a third-party group that has connections to the country read The Bee’s reporting. Reporters put them in touch with McGill. The group has since been in contact with the family and is working to get them out. If they can get across the border, McGill said he and a handful of others from the Sacramento area will pay for the flight to get them back to the U.S.

“This is like a back-up, sort of secret-ops plan,” McGill said.

It’s unclear if that plan is still on the table or when they might be given a green light.

In the chaotic month since the Taliban stormed into Kabul, uncertainty has increased by the day, both for Sacramento families who remain in Afghanistan and those on the ground here trying to get them out. Some families were turned away from evacuation flights, and others were near the blast at the Kabul airport, where Sacramento-area students witnessed violence, gunfire and bombings that killed scores of people, according to Sacramento City Unified officials.

. . .

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article254412638.html#storylink=cpy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2021, 11:53:29 AM »
 >:(

Silent disgrace: Where is the national media on abandoned Americans?
ED MORRISSEY Oct 18, 2021
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/18/silent-disgrace-where-is-the-national-media-on-abandoned-americans-n423134

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2021, 12:07:07 PM »
Where is the media on the whole thing being a fraud, a fake government propped up by American money that immediately collapsed once we pulled out?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2021, 12:28:09 PM »
Where is the media on the whole thing being a fraud, a fake government propped up by American money that immediately collapsed once we pulled out?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2021, 06:39:07 PM »
The Biden Admin Said It Left 100 Americans in Afghanistan. They Now Admit It’s Far More.

The Biden administration is in touch with nearly 400 Americans who are stranded in Afghanistan, a figure that far exceeds the administration's claims that about 100 Americans were left in the nation following the United States' hurried exit from Kabul, according to a senior congressional source who was briefed Thursday by the State Department.

With Afghanistan in the administration's rear-view mirror, U.S. officials are providing exact figures on the number of Americans who are still stranded and want to leave—although they are doing so in private, off-the-record forums—according to two senior congressional aides, who relayed the contents of the non-public call to the Washington Free Beacon.

The United States is in touch with 363 Americans who are stuck in war-torn Afghanistan and around 176 U.S. permanent residents who are asking to be evacuated immediately, Biden administration officials said on the call with congressional staff, according to the source, who requested anonymity to discuss non-public information. These figures demonstrate that senior Biden administration officials routinely misrepresented the number of stranded Americans to the public and Congress for nearly two months.

The State Department further claims to have airlifted 218 U.S. citizens and 131 long-term permanent residents out of Afghanistan since Aug. 31, when senior Biden administration officials, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken and White House press secretary Jen Psaki, were publicly claiming that "around 100" Americans were still stuck in the nation. Psaki, for instance, said last month that only "a handful of American citizens" were trying to leave Afghanistan after the United States pulled its forces. The figures presented in Thursday’s briefing indicate the administration was citing the "around 100" talking point while privately being aware of nearly 600 Americans still inside Afghanistan.

The information presented in the call stunned participants and fueled accusations that the Biden administration lied about the dire situation in order to avoid public scrutiny of its rushed evacuation from Afghanistan that was widely seen as disastrous and ill-prepared.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/the-biden-admin-said-it-left-100-americans-in-afghanistan-they-now-admit-its-far-more/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2021, 02:58:28 AM »
Let’s Go Brandon !

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »
State Dept: We know of 363 American citizens still abandoned in Afghanistan
ED MORRISSEY Oct 22, 2021
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/22/state-dept-we-know-of-363-american-citizens-still-abandoned-in-afghanistan-n424172