Author Topic: The Covid Emergency is Over  (Read 14613 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Covid Emergency is Over
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2022, 07:30:36 AM »
It is about time since we know the mask don't do shit for the kids.

Or adults

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2022, 10:05:14 AM »
Stacey Abrams wades into school mask debate after maskless photo with children
NBC News / Comcast ^ | February 8, 2022 | By Alex Seitz-Wald
Posted on 2/8/2022, 10:32:36 AM by

WASHINGTON — In normal times, a politician could hardly do something less controversial than pose for a photo with kids. But these are not normal times.

Stacey Abrams, the Georgia Democrat making her second run for governor, faced intense blowback Monday after sharing — and then quickly deleting — a photo of her smiling unmasked face surrounded by masked elementary school children.

Abrams visited a Decatur elementary school to promote reading and Black History Month. But not since George W. Bush continued reading "The Pet Goat" to Florida students on Sept. 11, 2001, has such a benign event turned into such a political blunder.

Abrams, who supports school mask mandates, was immediately accused of hypocritically violating the school's mask policy and pilloried by Republican politicians and conservative media outlets.

Democrats say the controversy is much ado about nothing, noting that Abrams wore a mask to the school and removed it only for the photo and a speech.

But the photo touched a nerve, Republicans say, because it displays the out-of-touch piety that they say leads liberals to impose onerous societal norms without feeling obligated to always follow them themselves.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2022, 10:05:37 AM »
pure comedy for retards  ::)

The White House, according to new CNN reporting, is "thinking about" a plan for the post-pandemic emergency period. But on Monday, the Biden administration was unwilling to endorse an easing of school masking, one of its key weapons against Covid-19.

ooooooooooohhh a key weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!  oooooooooohhhh  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2022, 10:07:48 AM »
pure comedy for retards  ::)

The White House, according to new CNN reporting, is "thinking about" a plan for the post-pandemic emergency period. But on Monday, the Biden administration was unwilling to endorse an easing of school masking, one of its key weapons against Covid-19.

ooooooooooohhh a key weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!  oooooooooohhhh  ::)

F these people!!! 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:35 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2022, 06:38:14 PM »
Stacey Abrams wades into school mask debate after maskless photo with children
NBC News / Comcast ^ | February 8, 2022 | By Alex Seitz-Wald
Posted on 2/8/2022, 10:32:36 AM by

WASHINGTON — In normal times, a politician could hardly do something less controversial than pose for a photo with kids. But these are not normal times.

Stacey Abrams, the Georgia Democrat making her second run for governor, faced intense blowback Monday after sharing — and then quickly deleting — a photo of her smiling unmasked face surrounded by masked elementary school children.

Abrams visited a Decatur elementary school to promote reading and Black History Month. But not since George W. Bush continued reading "The Pet Goat" to Florida students on Sept. 11, 2001, has such a benign event turned into such a political blunder.

Abrams, who supports school mask mandates, was immediately accused of hypocritically violating the school's mask policy and pilloried by Republican politicians and conservative media outlets.

Democrats say the controversy is much ado about nothing, noting that Abrams wore a mask to the school and removed it only for the photo and a speech.

But the photo touched a nerve, Republicans say, because it displays the out-of-touch piety that they say leads liberals to impose onerous societal norms without feeling obligated to always follow them themselves.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...
If anyone should have been wearing a mask it should have been that fat, jabba the hut looking broad with the high blood pressure and diabetes.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2022, 06:50:10 PM »
If anyone should have been wearing a mask it should have been that fat, jabba the hut looking broad with the high blood pressure and diabetes.
Exactly.  We know it was worse on Blacks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2022, 10:10:39 AM »
 :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2022, 12:29:28 PM »
Sisolak ends Nevada mask mandate, effective immediately
COVID case numbers continue decline as Nevada rescinds mask mandate
Reactions pour in on Nevada’s mask mandate ending
Nevada senators join effort to suspend gasoline tax as prices rise
Mask mandate not being enforced in Southern Nevada
By Mary Hynes Las Vegas Review-Journal
February 10, 2022
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/sisolak-ends-nevada-mask-mandate-effective-immediately-2527378/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2022, 06:38:07 PM »
Given that the vaccine does not prevent you from catching or transmitting the virus, what does your vaccination status have to do with him wearing a mask?

Given that the vaccine does not prevent you from catching or transmitting the virus, what does your vaccination status have to do with him wearing a mask?

That is their decision. Every service person who has worked here since the pandemic took hold, the roofers, the hardwood floor installer, the gardeners, the furniture delivery/setup people, etc. when given the choice chose to dispense with wearing a mask. I assume it is because wearing a mask while doing physical labor is very uncomfortable.

Obviously, a household of vaccinated people is no guarantee we cannot gift the virus to someone or they us. It is also not like we get intimate with everyone who comes here to work. Most people stand further away from one another these days. Whether it is 6' or not, who knows? The gardeners have never worn masks. I’m fine with that.

It is not like I am the mask or vaccine police. This is my home; I am not required to mandate mask wearing like the grocery store is. If I choose to give folks that option, it is my business and theirs how it works out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2022, 06:41:10 PM »

That is their decision. Every service person who has worked here since the pandemic took hold, the roofers, the hardwood floor installer, the gardeners, the furniture delivery/setup people, etc. when given the choice chose to dispense with wearing a mask. I assume it is because wearing a mask while doing physical labor is very uncomfortable.

Obviously, a household of vaccinated people is no guarantee we cannot gift the virus to someone or they us. It is also not like we get intimate with everyone who comes here to work. Most people stand further away from one another these days. Whether it is 6' or not, who knows? The gardeners have never worn masks. I’m fine with that.

It is not like I am the mask or vaccine police. This is my home; I am not required to mandate mask wearing like the grocery store is. If I choose to give folks that option, it is my business and theirs how it works out.

I'm not questioning whether you can choose to wear or mask or require someone to wear one, etc.  I'm asking why whether or not you are vaccinated makes a difference whether anyone else wears a mask? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2022, 06:57:36 PM »
I'm not questioning whether you can choose to wear or mask or require someone to wear one, etc.  I'm asking why whether or not you are vaccinated makes a difference whether anyone else wears a mask?

And I am saying that I tell them this as a courtesy in the event they feel obligated to wear one while working. No doubt most reputable businesses require their reps and workers to show up wearing a mask. I also said that it likely makes no difference, therefore it is for them to decide how they wish to proceed.

It doesn't matter whether it is a valid thing to tell them or not. What matters is without exception they've chosen to dispense with mask wearing. If I were a doctor or a virologists, I might be liable for giving them bad information, they got COVID and could prove it was because I gave them permission to go sans mask if they so choose.

Why do you have the habit of creating arguments when there is nothing to argue about?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2022, 07:08:08 PM »
And I am saying that I tell them this as a courtesy in the event they feel obligated to wear one while working. No doubt most reputable businesses require their reps and workers to show up wearing a mask. I also said that it likely makes no difference, therefore it is for them to decide how they wish to proceed.

It doesn't matter whether it is a valid thing to tell them or not. What matters is without exception they've chosen to dispense with mask wearing. If I were a doctor or a virologists, I might be liable for giving them bad information, they got COVID and could prove it was because I gave them permission to go sans mask if they so choose.

Why do you have the habit of creating arguments when there is nothing to argue about?

I'm not arguing with you about anything.  I'm just asking a question.  Lots of people get defensive and feel attacked when people ask them questions.     

You also don't appear to understand how illogical your comments are.  If getting the vaccine does not stop you from spreading the virus, then it doesn't matter whether someone who comes into your home is wearing a mask or not.  You can still pass the virus to them.  In fact, you're probably more likely to do so when you're vaccinated, because if you do have the virus while vaccinated then you are likely to be asymptomatic. 

But I was trying to understand what your thinking was.  Silly me.  lol   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2022, 07:17:21 PM »
I'm not arguing with you about anything.  I'm just asking a question.  Lots of people get defensive and feel attacked when people ask them questions.     

You also don't appear to understand how illogical your comments are.  If getting the vaccine does not stop you from spreading the virus, then it doesn't matter whether someone who comes into your home is wearing a mask or not.  You can still pass the virus to them.  In fact, you're probably more likely to do so when you're vaccinated, because if you do have the virus while vaccinated then you are likely to be asymptomatic. 

But I was trying to understand what your thinking was.  Silly me.  lol

This goes back to my original response which was that it is their decision not only whether to take the mask off or not but to decide if my comments were stupid and illogical. In my experience, my saying this seems to give them permission to make that choice...and without exception they chose to remove their masks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2022, 07:26:41 PM »
This goes back to my original response which was that it is their decision not only whether to take the mask off or not but to decide if my comments were stupid and illogical. In my experience, my saying this seems to give them permission to make that choice...and without exception they chose to remove their masks.

If you are saying that you made those comments to make the other person feel comfortable, knowing that your comments were illogical, then I can understand that.  I did this the other day when I asked someone I was meeting with whether they would feel more comfortable if I wore my (completely useless cloth mask), knowing that doing so would do nothing to stop me from unknowingly spreading the virus to this person, but would make them feel better. 

Not sure if that was your approach, which is why I was asking whether you actually understood that your comments were illogical. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2022, 09:42:42 PM »
If you are saying that you made those comments to make the other person feel comfortable, knowing that your comments were illogical, then I can understand that.  I did this the other day when I asked someone I was meeting with whether they would feel more comfortable if I wore my (completely useless cloth mask), knowing that doing so would do nothing to stop me from unknowingly spreading the virus to this person, but would make them feel better. 

Not sure if that was your approach, which is why I was asking whether you actually understood that your comments were illogical.

By George, I think you finally got it! ;D That is exactly what I was doing. Most of these guys are wearing a mask because their employer requires it, not because the want to. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2022, 07:20:37 PM »
Wow a dem with balls.

More than likely just a Dem hoping to keep his seat.  If he is re-elected, the "science" would then dictate reinstating mandates "for the children."
~

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2022, 01:45:17 AM »
More than likely just a Dem hoping to keep his seat.  If he is re-elected, the "science" would then dictate reinstating mandates "for the children."
Voters aren't smart enough to foresee this which is why they have to be convinced every 2 years not to vote for democrats. Short memories I guess.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2022, 04:36:30 PM »
Voters aren't smart enough to foresee this which is why they have to be convinced every 2 years not to vote for democrats. Short memories I guess.
You are giving some people too much credit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2022, 08:56:11 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2022, 05:43:06 PM »
BREAKING: DC to end COVID restrictions
DC Health reported that while the vaccine mandate would be lifted on February 15, mask mandates would begin to be dialed back on
Libby Emmons
Brooklyn, NY
February 14, 2022
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-dc-to-end-covid-restrictions%20?utm_campaign=64487

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2022, 09:16:46 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2022, 12:40:57 PM »
CDC's Unchanged Mask Policy Blasted as a 'Total Clown Show'
Townhall.com ^ | 16 February A.D. 2022 | Katie Pavlich
Posted on 2/16/2022, 3:28:37 PM by lightman

Despite a number of countries around the world and U.S. states dropping Wuhan coronavirus restrictions, including vaccination and masking requirements, Centers for Disease Control Director Rochelle Walensky said Wednesday the agency is not changing current mask guidelines at this time.

"Many of these state-based policies have come out in phased approaches that they are talking about, you know, something that might happen in a week or two. Masks that might come off in a week or two at the end of February, early March. And so of course, our metrics are going to examine," Walensky said during a briefing with reporters. "As I previously said, issues related to cases, certainly issues related to severity of disease and hospital capacity. And we anticipate that many of these will intersect in terms of timing."

Walensky's remarks are being blasted as unscientific, especially for children.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2022, 10:17:29 AM »