Author Topic: Proof Christopher Wrey lied and the Proud Boys are innocent  (Read 1972 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Proof Christopher Wrey lied and the Proud Boys are innocent
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »
Attorney and former Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz argued that former advisor to former President Donald Trump, Steve Bannon, did not get a fair trial and that his conviction was likely to be negated.

The attorney said that Bannon was never going to get a fair trial in Washington D.C. because of the demographics of the city.

He made the case when he appeared on the Newsmax show “The Record” with host Greta Van Susteren.

What do you think of this verdict, and what do you think of what’s likely to happen to him?” the host said.

“Entirely predictable and entirely in violation of the Constitution. The only provision of the Constitution which appears basically twice is trial by jury, in front of a fair jury. Number one he didn’t have a fair jury. Number two the judge took his defenses away from him. The judge denied him a jury trial. They wouldn’t allow him to put on evidence that he believed there was an executive privilege involved and he wanted a judicial determination bfore he violated the executive privilege. That issue could not be presented to the jury,” he said.

“As I predicted on this show and other shows before this conviction was a foregone conclusion. The only issue is will it be reversed by an appeal. Either by the appellate court in the District of Columbia or by the Supreme Court. I think its very likely that this conviction will be reversed at some point,” he said.

The onetime top counsel to then-GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump responded with fire during an appearance on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” telling the host that he’s more committed than ever to the former president.

As he introduced the segment, Carlson noted that on the same day Bannon was convicted, New York authorities released a man who was arrested a day earlier after he lunged at GOP Rep. Lee Zeldin with a sharp object in an attempt to cause him bodily harm, as Zeldin was campaigning for governor.

“A guy who tried to murder a gubernatorial candidate in New York was released with no bail. What are we to make of these two events occurring the same day?” he asked Bannon.

“As you can tell, the Democrats are completely lawless and look how they’ve run this committee,” Bannon said, before he said, “There is no ranking member. There’s no minority counsel. It’s not like the traditional hearings that have galvanized the nation in the past.”

Bannon was referencing the Jan. 6 Committee, which was hand-selected by Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The California Democrat also, in an unprecedented manner, refused to allow Republicans to seat their own members, which led House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and other members to declare the panel a politicized sham.

“We need a commission or committee on Jan. 6,” Bannon continued. “It’s got to be with the new Congress, with the Republicans in charge. We’ve got to get to the bottom of the intelligence failures, FBI involvement, DHS involvement, the intelligence services.”

“We’ve got to get to the bottom of it,” he added.

Bannon went on to say that the federal court trying him for refusing to respond to a congressional subpoena from the panel to provide testimony refused to allow him and his lawyers “to mount a defense” and address the issue of “executive privilege,” which is why he and his legal team did not call any witnesses.

“They’re coming at us on every aspect. Look, they’re trying to shut you down,” he told Carlson. “[P]eople have to understand, right now, this is an ideological war, and we cannot lose. The fate of the country is [at stake] over the next couple of years.”

https://conservativebrief.com/dersh-64847/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=SG

Alan Dershowitz says the same thing every time someone from Trump's camp is found guilty. It is like he believes if he repeats himself enough times it will become true.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2022, 03:28:02 PM »
Alan Dershowitz says the same thing every time someone from Trump's camp is found guilty. It is like he believes if he repeats himself enough times it will become true.

Trumpy-ism 101

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
Trumpy-ism 101

Absolutely. If and when he falls, the 'Trumpist' will be the first to jump ship.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2022, 09:49:20 PM »

Dershowitz is one of the last few intellectually honest hardcore liberals left in America.  I don’t always agree with him, but he is consistent, smart, and sincere.  He always the “shoe on the other foot” test.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2022, 02:16:43 AM »
Dershowitz is one of the last few intellectually honest hardcore liberals left in America.  I don’t always agree with him, but he is consistent, smart, and sincere.  He always the “shoe on the other foot” test.

Yeah, I've read that he is a liberal. That he is a proponent of "Shoe on the other foot" makes sense and must be true because he has advocated for some of the worst people in the world. Supposedly he also believes sex with a 14-year-old girl should be legal (maybe because he was one of Jeffrey Epstein's friends and defense attorney). He is clearly a celebrity hound. If I were rich and famous and did something abominable and highly illegal, I'd want Alan Dershowitz on my team.

Dershowitz, “I never ask a client if he did it or not.”  “I don’t want the client to feel that he has to start his relationship with me by lying.”

He must be a brilliant at his job because he is the go-to defense attorney for some very interesting and notorious people.

Some of the people on Dershowitz' client list:

Mike Tyson 1993
Patty Hearst 1976
Leona Helmsley 1992
Julian Assange 2011
Jim Bakker 1991
Roman Polanski 2014
Michael R. Milken 1984
OJ Simpson 1995
Claus Von Bülow 1984
Harry Reams 1976
Jeffrey Epstein in 2006