Author Topic: Trump or DeSantis?  (Read 721 times)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Trump or DeSantis?
« on: July 25, 2022, 05:31:38 AM »
Who should Republicans nominate for president in ‘24? It seems clear that it is a two-man race.

Trump has the popularity and name recognition but he comes with a lot of baggage, and, worst of all IMO, he’s old.

DeSantis is relatively young but still isn’t well-known among rank-and-file GOP voters. He may also have to confront Trump at some point, which might get messy.

Both candidates are confirmed Zionists so the elites don’t care who wins.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Trump or DeSantis?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 06:24:48 AM »
If I had a crystal ball and knew Trump being on the ticket wouldn’t cause dems to come out en masse to vote against him, I’d prefer Trump for four years followed by DeSantis. Trump with Desantis as VP then he takes over. But, if I had to choose only one, I’d say Desantis and just hope Trump endorsed him. I just don’t think Trump will stand down and let him run unopposed. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Trump do what Teddy Roosevelt did in 16’ ( I think) and split the conservative vote.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 07:33:42 AM »
Trump all the way based on the polls.

DeSantis will (and should) only run if Trump doesn't.

There will be rioting in the streets by the Commie-libtards.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 07:59:39 AM »
Trump will be 78 years old in 2024.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 08:08:10 AM »
If I had a crystal ball and knew Trump being on the ticket wouldn’t cause dems to come out en masse to vote against him, I’d prefer Trump for four years followed by DeSantis. Trump with Desantis as VP then he takes over. But, if I had to choose only one, I’d say Desantis and just hope Trump endorsed him. I just don’t think Trump will stand down and let him run unopposed. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Trump do what Teddy Roosevelt did in 16’ ( I think) and split the conservative vote.

A third-party run by Trump would likely elect the Democrat candidate.

If Republicans don’t do as well in the midterms - where many Trump-endorsed candidates are running - as they expect, some in the GOP might start to turn away from Trump. Might being the key word.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 08:57:23 AM »
DeSantis all the way.   He has Trumps policies but better able to communicate.  He is wop and a veteran and made Florida great. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 11:51:19 AM »
DeSantis.

Do not want another Donald admin.
Y

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 04:54:15 PM »
DeSantis.

Do not want another Donald admin.

Yup, Trump needs to leave the political arena.

We need a fresh start.

Regardless of the positive things Trump did, he is damaged goods now and needs to go ASAP.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 05:28:54 PM »
The road to the Republican nomination goes through Trump. Will anyone try him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 09:47:44 PM »
Who should Republicans nominate for president in ‘24? It seems clear that it is a two-man race.

Trump has the popularity and name recognition but he comes with a lot of baggage, and, worst of all IMO, he’s old.

DeSantis is relatively young but still isn’t well-known among rank-and-file GOP voters. He may also have to confront Trump at some point, which might get messy.

Both candidates are confirmed Zionists so the elites don’t care who wins.

They should run Desantis, and I think he would clean Biden’s clock. But it’s pretty clear Trump is running and will be the nominee.