Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Nutrition/weight loss question

(1/8) > >>

Wiggs:
My tdee is 3331. I currently only eat around 1290. Which puts me in a 2000 deficit. I'm clean so muscle will be lost. I train 4 -5 days per week. Cardio is 30 min walking.

I've been using keto for a while, I just think a low carb lifestyle suits me better. I'm just not getting enough calories though. Should I start carb cycling blasting carbs up to my tdee number once a week to reduce insulin sensitivity? Meaning that day eat about 2000 calories in clean carb sources.  The next several days I'll be filled with glycogen and my metabolism should receive a boost.

My question is, should I add another meal of protein and fat bringing calories to around 1600-1700 and then carb cycle? I'm not eating 3331 calories.  I thrive on less.

Van_Bilderass:
A high carb day is more about a mental boost rather than a physical one. Metabolism isn't really boosted in one day, the hormones like leptin aren't affected much. That's at least how I remember it. However, one could have a high carb day while continuing to burn fat...

It's interesting you say "to reduce my insulin sensitivity," maybe you meant the opposite but read as is stated would be an interesting theory too  :D

For the fastest fat loss initially one could do Lyle's rapid fat loss diet without burning much muscle but that is REALLY low calorie, essentially just protein, with some fish oil IIRC.

Keto is high fat and low to moderate protein.

Gym Rat:

--- Quote from: Van_Bilderass on May 23, 2024, 11:29:58 PM ---A high carb day is more about a mental boost rather than a physical one. Metabolism isn't really boosted in one day, the hormones like leptin aren't affected much. That's at least how I remember it. However, one could have a high carb day while continuing to burn fat...

It's interesting you say "to reduce my insulin sensitivity," maybe you meant the opposite but read as is stated would be an interesting theory too  :D

For the fastest fat loss initially one could do Lyle's rapid fat loss diet without burning much muscle but that is REALLY low calorie, essentially just protein, with some fish oil IIRC.

Keto is high fat and low to moderate protein.

--- End quote ---

Love reading Van's posts, very knowledgable.

Wiggs, I cant help you, Ive been on an ice-cream and  'Good & Plenty' diet as of late...

falco:
2k deficit seems overkill. Why the hurry?

joswift:

--- Quote from: falco on May 24, 2024, 01:42:39 AM ---2k deficit seems overkill. Why the hurry?

--- End quote ---
with his new bald head and this diet hes going to end up looking like a lollipop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version