Author Topic: Raw Meet!!!!!!!!  (Read 21919 times)

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Raw Meet!!!!!!!!
« on: February 22, 2006, 02:30:10 PM »
Just wanted to let all of you gear haters know that there is a HUGE Raw meet going on in May at the University of Mass. It will be held in there Basketball arena(the Mullins Center) and will seat 5500 people, there will be a full meet(squat, bench ,and deadlift) and then the 3 seperate.The names on the list are of some of the Biggest names in powerlifting, so this will finally show who can do what without the gear. And will hopefully quiet down some of the haters of the sport!!!! I myself use bench shirts but I am doing this meet to show that I am strong with or without a bench shirt on!!!!
Mike Wolfe!!!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Raw Meet!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »
amhurst?

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »
Too bad Gene Rychlak is not doing it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 02:35:07 PM »
cool
Z

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 02:44:57 PM »
Yeah it is being held in Amhurst. The venue is awesome, they will have two big jumbo trons to get a close up view and  there will also be some kick ass UFC style fighting in a cage along with some really HOT fitness chics. Plus some BodyBuilding and a bikini contest. Will be a great meet and the VIP after party is gonna be off the hook!! So if you come get the VIP tickets!!!!

Wolfy!!!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
can't wait ::) something tells me that there's going to be a lot of empty pizza boxes backstage after this whole thing is over.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »
can't wait ::) something tells me that there's going to be a lot of empty pizza boxes backstage after this whole thing is over.
lol and diet cherry coke

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 03:49:42 PM »
Did you guys pick the University of Mass for irony?
$

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 03:52:31 PM »
Did you guys pick the University of Mass for irony?

Or because it has wider doorways?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 03:53:24 PM »
Too bad Gene Rychlak is not doing it.
I heard the editors of a popular powerlifting mag (possibly Powerlifting USA?), who are hardcore powerlifters, took out a full page ad calling Gene out to see what he could really do. Apparently he never showed, no response, no decline or any word was recieved from him or whoever handles his business affairs.
True?

body88

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »
To the mass people

Didnt Tom Vig call out some power lifter in a powerlifting mag to come to his show and prove his lifts raw and he pussed out

who was it

obv this was before he got caught

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 04:06:13 PM »
I wish Dave luck with the meet. 

Phil Harrington, one of my guys, might do a bit of guest lifting. 

If I can get away I will try to make it.

w

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 04:09:42 PM »
I thought this was something dirty

damn it!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 04:30:33 PM »
yeah but you are still fat as hell and probably cant run a mile
Valhalla awaits.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »
who me

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
no bigbadwolfe
Valhalla awaits.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 05:26:38 PM »
Well Cav in all honesty I cant run a mile and I do have a fat ass and I do admit it. I am not a bodybuilder and have no plans of being one.
  But I beat you cant even bench 315 raw, I did it tonight for 33 reps RAW, how many can you do? None probably! I bet I could run a mile before you can bench over 600 raw!!!!
There is no need to be an ass we are running something kickass here and you gotta bring it down, what class!!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 06:14:58 PM »
Well Cav in all honesty I cant run a mile and I do have a fat ass and I do admit it. I am not a bodybuilder and have no plans of being one.
  But I beat you cant even bench 315 raw, I did it tonight for 33 reps RAW, how many can you do? None probably! I bet I could run a mile before you can bench over 600 raw!!!!
There is no need to be an ass we are running something kickass here and you gotta bring it down, what class!!!
hahahahaha, ok, "bigbadwolfe", oh brother what a name, i'll bet you're the type of guy who tricks all your powerlifting buddies with a "free 5 pm chalk giveaway" but when you get them there you slip them all roofies and collect sperm samples for a post workout smoothie, hahaha.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »
HAHAHAHA, 315, HAHAHA OH BROTHER

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »
Should I bring my wrap around shades or will they be selling them in the lobby?
$

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 06:43:08 PM »
serious question. whats the point of doing that many reps?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 06:43:52 PM »
That is a huge amount of weight. I have done 315 for 14 myself and it just about killed me. I have never even seen anything like what you are describing. Much respect.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 06:51:13 PM »
Super Star, I was just getting a pump. As a bodybuilder dont you guys ever rep out?

I had done all my speed work and wanted to get a good feeling in my chest so I just repped out what i was using for my speed work.

Last week I did 225 for 50 reps(could of done alot more) very easily just to prove to the guys at the gym that Larry Allen is not as strong as they thought cause he did it for 43 in the NFL skills challenge.

I am also trying to get use to handling the weight raw again because I have the Meet posted above coming up and would love to hit  something huge!!!!

Wolfy!!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 06:52:39 PM »
Thank You Dorkeroo. 315 for 14 reps is pretty damn impressive. Keep up the good work!   Wolfy!!!!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 06:59:09 PM »
Super Star, I was just getting a pump. As a bodybuilder dont you guys ever rep out?
  I had done all my speed work and wanted to get a good feeling in my chest so I just repped out what i was using for my speed work. Last week I did 225 for 50 reps(could of done alot more) very easily just to prove to the guys at the gym that Larry Allen is not as strong as they thought cause he did it for 43 in the NFL skills challenge.
  I am also trying to get use to handling the weight raw again because I have the Meet posted above coming up and would love to hit  something huge!!!!
         Wolfy!!!!
funny thing is i just did today for my last set and hell yeah great pump! just wondering what your reasons were........and no I'm not a bodybuilder ;D