Author Topic: Kaz Speaks Out  (Read 4267 times)

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
Kaz Speaks Out
« on: April 22, 2006, 09:36:34 AM »
I don't know if it really is Kaz but someone posted a message on GoHeavy.com supporting the New England Record Breakers Meet under his name. All I have to say is HECK YEAH KAZ! Preach it like it is

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: Kaz Speaks Out
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 02:17:24 PM »
Who are the two individuals he claims are responsible for the decline of powerlifting? I assume that one of them is John Inzer.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »
yeah one has to be inzer. It's kind of a shame I've got some second hand stories about Johnny that really make him out to be just a guy but any time you get business involved I guess things get personal as you have to work to protect your investment, time, and vision.

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:18:52 PM »
go kaz tell it like it is.time to rip those dumb shirts and squat suits off.enough of people telling you they benched 1000 pounds when you could only do 700.time to get rid of those inzer wraps too.lets bring back powerlifting back to the way it was meant to be you lifted the weight.   

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:16:50 AM »
Let's make it real clear that I have no problem with gear used for the protection of athletes. I don't want to see a guy tear up their shoulder or rip a pec muscle or have back problems if they can be prevented by wearing some gear. What I don't want to see is guys that have to abort lifts because they can't compress their shirts enough and other goofy things like that. I think that people are sadly misguided about what makes this and any sport truly great. What makes every sport great is not freakishly great numbers but the idea that these are people just like you and me, who through time and effort have achieved great things.

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:17:31 AM »
the olympic lifters lift without gear and so should powerlifters.there is always an inherent risk in the sport that you could get hurt.you take these chances just like the early powerlifters.kaz tore a pec in the wsm and he continued on to the next events.the gear was never for safety but for increased numbers they just always used that as an excuse.