Author Topic: And now Pence...  (Read 2839 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
And now Pence...
« on: January 24, 2023, 09:52:43 AM »
Guess he was smart enough to grab some classified docs for himself as well because he knew Trumpy's NTFs were not going to be worth anything.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: And now Pence...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 10:29:03 AM »
Guess he was smart enough to grab some classified docs for himself as well because he knew Trumpy's NTFs were not going to be worth anything.

It is beginning to appear that politicians mishandling classified government documents commonplace.

It looks like the best bet for anyone with classified government documents in their possession is to immediately contact the national archives or the FBI and turn them over. The only other option is to destroy them, which is undeniably a worse crime, making doing so risky business.

It will be interesting to see how this find unfolds. With each new discovery, the case against Trump case becomes more complicated.  Will the FBI and the Justice Department have to back off their investigation or any possibility of nailing Trump? This seems like a real possibility. Time will tell. 

This is not something I worry about since there are no classified government documents on my premises or in my possession.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 11:11:22 AM »
Impeach.  Impeach Pence.  Impeach Kamala.  Impeach Biden.  Impeach Biden's dog for biting Cornpop.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 11:46:22 AM »
We need Soulcrusher to come post some videos on here.   That's all that is missing at this point.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 11:50:15 AM »
They'll have to check Obama's home too.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 12:10:56 PM »
They'll have to check Obama's home too.

Don’t you imagine that every living President, Vice President and politician, past and present who had or has access to them is scouring their homes in search of possible classified government documents? I know I would if I were them. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 12:21:17 PM »
Don’t you imagine that every living President, Vice President and politician, past and present who had or has access to them is scouring their homes in search of possible classified government documents? I know I would if I were them. 

Just about every piece of paper handled nowadays is considered classified.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 12:23:02 PM »
Just about every piece of paper handled nowadays is considered classified.

Interesting. Not disagreeing with you, but how do you know this? Aren't there different levels of classification, such as highly classified and so on?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 12:27:20 PM »
Interesting. Not disagreeing with you, but how do you know this? Aren't there different levels of classification, such as highly classified and so on?

Yes, there are different levels.

It's on every TV show about spies.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 12:42:48 PM »

:D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 12:43:37 PM »

Are these shows factual documentaries or dramatized fictional interpretations of espionage and government?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 01:29:03 PM »
It is beginning to appear that politicians mishandling classified government documents commonplace.

It does.

Which makes the political grandstanding of the Trump raid even sillier.

And, since they went that route, any time something like this happens, it's going to be political theater.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 01:52:14 PM »
It does.

And, since they went that route, any time something like this happens, it's going to be political theater.

Yes, it is. And none of this would have happened had Trump simply complied with the original request from the National Archives to return all classified material. Better yet he should not have absconded with hundreds of classified documents in the first place. Now it is a huge mess that is difficult to sort out. It will be interesting to see how the Justice Department proceeds with the Trump investigation as well as these others showing up every day, considering all the complicating factors. Keep in mind these investigations and committees are done at taxpayers' expense. IMO, this is not an ideal use of taxpayer dollars.   

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 02:32:23 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 02:42:02 PM »
Did they find them in his garage next to his truck buried under his kids crack clothes in a Salvation Army bag?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 03:27:24 PM »

If something is classified, it is at one of three levels: Confidential, Secret, or Top Secret.

There might be uber-death-if-you-leak-it levels, but the three above are what typically apply.

I continually hear media folks conflate "classified" with "confidential," when the latter is subordinate to the former.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 06:49:25 PM »
We need Soulcrusher to come post some videos on here.   That's all that is missing at this point.

Why not go missing yourself, cuntlette?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 07:43:48 PM »
If something is classified, it is at one of three levels: Confidential, Secret, or Top Secret.

There might be uber-death-if-you-leak-it levels, but the three above are what typically apply.

I continually hear media folks conflate "classified" with "confidential," when the latter is subordinate to the former.

You make an excellent point.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 12:34:07 AM »
It does.

Until there is evidence otherwise, the thinking among most Americans, is Trump and his lawyers didn't play ball when it was learned the was classified documents in his posession. That may be the difference between him, Pence, Biden and anyone else. I don't know the ins and outs of the handling of classified documents at the whitehouse. My experience was at a base level. But it appears that they were more lax than where I worked. But the difference I am seeing and someone correct me if I am wrong, is the response from the various people. It appears, Bidens team has initiated the contact and cooperating. Not sure about Pence's team but I would guess the same. In Trumps case.... well , you already know his team fought every step of the way.. now most americans see the difference but there is that 30% of Trumps base that will defend him no matter what and there is no point arguing with them about it. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 06:12:18 AM »
Why not go missing yourself, cuntlette?

Unlike you, my family would actually miss me.  I'm not a drain and burden on them like your crippled ass is to everyone around you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 06:21:00 AM »
Until there is evidence otherwise, the thinking among most Americans, is Trump and his lawyers didn't play ball when it was learned the was classified documents in his posession. That may be the difference between him, Pence, Biden and anyone else. I don't know the ins and outs of the handling of classified documents at the whitehouse. My experience was at a base level. But it appears that they were more lax than where I worked. But the difference I am seeing and someone correct me if I am wrong, is the response from the various people. It appears, Bidens team has initiated the contact and cooperating. Not sure about Pence's team but I would guess the same. In Trumps case.... well , you already know his team fought every step of the way.. now most americans see the difference but there is that 30% of Trumps base that will defend him no matter what and there is no point arguing with them about it.

I'm not in trumps base to be clear.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you've said, but the raid was unnecessary.  And the coverage as well - has he been charged with potentially exposing the nuke codes yet?  It would have eventually resolved itself.  If the DOJ really thought national security was at stake, the raid should have happened much earlier.

And, regardless of whether Biden's team is cooperating, he still did it.
Y

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 07:37:58 AM »
Unlike you, my family would actually miss me.  I'm not a drain and burden on them like your crippled ass is to everyone around you.

So you got a litter of twatlings, eh? 

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 08:22:19 AM »
it's almost like only idiots work for the government

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 08:50:57 AM »
So you got a litter of twatlings, eh?

I have family.  Not care giving aides I am related to.  Handicap people are such a burden for the rest of the family.  No wonder they park you on the internet and let it babysit you.

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 10:48:20 AM »
Pence just made Merrick Garlands life a whole lot easier

Now he has two examples of former VP's having a small amount of classified docs.  In both cases the National Archives wasn't aware the docs were missing and in both cases Biden and Pence's team discovered the docs and notified National Archives or Justice immediately and full cooperated

Now, compare that to Trump who took so many documents that the National Archives was immediately aware they were missing

Trump left office in January of 2021 and by May of 2021 the National Archives notified Trump that they were missing a large number of documents

It took until DECEMBER of 2021 for Trumps team to respond back saying they had found some documents and the National Archives retrieved 15 BOXES of documents in January of 2022

So you know, LIGHTENING SPEED

And of course that's just the  beginning of the saga/scandal of the Trump docs

The full timeline is here:  https://www.voanews.com/a/timeline-of-the-trump-documents-inquiry-/6734453.html

Anyone who looks at this honesty and objectively can see the vast difference between Biden/Pence and Trump