Author Topic: UFC 100: Liddell vs. Couture 4 at HW (rumor)  (Read 4926 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: UFC 100: Liddell vs. Couture 4 at HW (rumor)
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 07:07:22 AM »
It's more than likely one of many "super fights" that the UFC is planning for UFC 100...
w

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »
It's more than likely one of many "super fights" that the UFC is planning for UFC 100...

See it wouldn't bother me to see this as a underfight. As long as their was a couple of fights that really had to do with someone moving up the ranks after the fight. However it is typical of UFC to sell this as a main event. UFC is known for putting on so many fights a year that half of them lack in interest for me because the majority of the fights suck. I don't want to pay to watch anything but "REAL MAIN EVENTS"

I did hear a rumor that UFC is talking about only doing 12 shows in 2009. This means that every main event should be a barn burner!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 07:23:12 AM »
See it wouldn't bother me to see this as a underfight. As long as their was a couple of fights that really had to do with someone moving up the ranks after the fight. However it is typical of UFC to sell this as a main event. UFC is known for putting on so many fights a year that half of them lack in interest for me because the majority of the fights suck. I don't want to pay to watch anything but "REAL MAIN EVENTS"

I did hear a rumor that UFC is talking about only doing 12 shows in 2009. This means that every main event should be a barn burner!

You are right...not every UFC is a great one. Either way, I do wish there was more competition from other orgs. I am thrilled that there are so many MMA events period to watch these days.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 07:28:25 AM »
You are right...not every UFC is a great one. Either way, I do wish there was more competition from other orgs. I am thrilled that there are so many MMA events period to watch these days.

I am all for Affliction, I also like to watch a lot of the lower orginizations shows. King of the cage and things like that. You don't have big names and you always get a gold nugget fight most of the time. Yes you have to get through some shitty fights because of the guys lack of experience and knowledge, but nothing better then seeing two guys trying to make a name for themselves leave 150% of what they have in the ring...

The wife and I attend every local show, I usually have at least 1 buddy fight and I get to see some great fights in person for cheaper then what a UFC and a case of beer costs me.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 07:30:48 AM »

I am all for Affliction, I also like to watch a lot of the lower orginizations shows. King of the cage and things like that. You don't have big names and you always get a gold nugget fight most of the time. Yes you have to get through some shitty fights because of the guys lack of experience and knowledge, but nothing better then seeing two guys trying to make a name for themselves leave 150% of what they have in the ring...

The wife and I attend every local show, I usually have at least 1 buddy fight and I get to see some great fights in person for cheaper then what a UFC and a case of beer costs me.

Agreed 100%.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 08:06:59 AM »
I don't hand my cash

45 bux on a saturday night breaks nicks bank account...

I got an idea.....GET A FUCKIN JOB YOU PARASITE !

;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
45 bux on a saturday night breaks nicks bank account...

I got an idea.....GET A FUCKIN JOB YOU PARASITE !

;D

It's not the amount, it's the principle. Why reward Dana with $50 for pushing yet another rematch down our throats? No thanks. The cards are shit, so why pay for them? How many times can 2 washed up fighters fight before it gets boring?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 11:49:50 AM »
It's not the amount, it's the principle. Why reward Dana with $50 for pushing yet another rematch down our throats? No thanks. The cards are shit, so why pay for them? How many times can 2 washed up fighters fight before it gets boring?

What is the last card you ordered? Just curious.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 04:45:47 PM »
makes as much sense as having silva/rampage fight a 3rd time

E
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 06:20:49 PM »
makes as much sense as having silva/rampage fight a 3rd time

E

you think silva will whoop his ass again?
DAWG

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »
you think silva will whoop his ass again?

both ended the exact same way so why fight a 3rd time?

the fight is pointless

E

E

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 06:54:15 PM »

both ended the exact same way so why fight a 3rd time?

the fight is pointless

E

I dunno  ...

because they were both classic wars ?

who the hell would'nt want to see #3 ?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
I dunno  ...

because they were both classic wars ?

who the hell would'nt want to see #3 ?

classic knockouts with the same guy getting knocked out, you can argue the 2nd fight was great but the first one wasn't

what does silva prove by beating him a 3rd time?  what if rampage wins?  fight a 4th time to prove it wasn't a fluke?  then if rampage win the 4th fight have a 5th battle to prove once and for all who is best?

a 3rd fight between two fighters only makes sense when they both have a win against each other

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »
classic knockouts with the same guy getting knocked out, you can argue the 2nd fight was great but the first one wasn't

what does silva prove by beating him a 3rd time?  what if rampage wins?  fight a 4th time to prove it wasn't a fluke?  then if rampage win the 4th fight have a 5th battle to prove once and for all who is best?

a 3rd fight between two fighters only makes sense when they both have a win against each other

E

I think that you have to look at the big picture here. They both have had some setbacks in the last year and are currently at the same point in their career's and in the UFC LHW division. Despite their past, they have met again at a crossroads.

I agree not the most compelling fight, but seeing how everything adds up, it could be a war. They are both in line for top contender. They really have to fight.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »
Sounds good. Germany is close. I'll be there  8)
Z

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »
chuck was my favorite fighter for a few years, but his time has passed. randy's, too. when your recent fights were a five minute decision against sylvia and getting crushed by a guy with a 1-1 record, or you've lost 3 of your last four and haven't actually gotten a solid win since 2006... i'm just not interested any more.

plus, i'm sorry, if chuck thinks he can stand up with brock he's in for a serious rude awakening. maybe a few years ago when he was at his prime, sure, but a guy who's a heavyweight because he's having a hard time cutting into the 205s versus a guy who has to cut down to 265...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
chuck just needs to bulk a little then he'll ko brock chasing him in the ring
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
chuck just needs to bulk a little then he'll ko brock chasing him in the ring

I am interested in seeing Chuck at HW...I think with his style and age he would do alright.

But seriously...If Chuck does move up to HW to fight Randy, it will most likely be his only fight at HW. Win or Lose. He is just moving up to fight Randy, seeing that they are almost naturally just above HW. Would be just easier to fight at HW.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 02:21:08 PM »
is there any german fighters to be on that card  ??? ??? ???
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 05:53:36 PM »
chuck was my favorite fighter for a few years, but his time has passed. randy's, too. when your recent fights were a five minute decision against sylvia and getting crushed by a guy with a 1-1 record, or you've lost 3 of your last four and haven't actually gotten a solid win since 2006... i'm just not interested any more.

plus, i'm sorry, if chuck thinks he can stand up with brock he's in for a serious rude awakening. maybe a few years ago when he was at his prime, sure, but a guy who's a heavyweight because he's having a hard time cutting into the 205s versus a guy who has to cut down to 265...

One of Chuck's biggest weapons was his ability to make 205, and be the bigger and stronger guy.  Brock is HUGE, but is hella athletic.  Chuck would not be able to stand on his feet with Brock.  Don't want to see Chack fight Brock.  Now Anderson, that's a fight I'd love to see.  Finally shut up all the guys who kept claiming that Chack was an elite level striker.