Author Topic: Putin orders tactical nuclear weapons drills  (Read 2228 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Putin orders tactical nuclear weapons drills
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2024, 08:35:07 AM »
It would kill hundreds of millions within 72 minutes and up to 5 billion people within a year. And also concepts like "Launch on warning" and "Sole presidential authority".

This is hard to watch but it explains what happens the second an enemy ICBM's exhaust is detected.

These systems are built solely as deterrents they make no sense as weapons of war.

Have you read "On the beach" by Nevil Shute..?  I have a weakness for classic dystopias* - this one covers the aftermath of a global thermonuclear war.  I'm going to out myself here as a gaylord, but it's one of the few books that ever brought me close to tears by the sheer senselessness of it all...

[*Irrelevant tangent warning: for years I hadn't realised that my English Teacher had primed me for this by the books and plays we worked through or he recommended:  Lord of the Flies, The Death of Grass, Trillions, When the Wind Blows, Death Dolls of Lyra, Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, God the list goes on and on... yet he was the most optimistic madman I ever met!  Great fella]
T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2024, 09:35:09 AM »
Have you read "On the beach" by Nevil Shute..?  I have a weakness for classic dystopias* - this one covers the aftermath of a global thermonuclear war.  I'm going to out myself here as a gaylord, but it's one of the few books that ever brought me close to tears by the sheer senselessness of it all...

[*Irrelevant tangent warning: for years I hadn't realised that my English Teacher had primed me for this by the books and plays we worked through or he recommended:  Lord of the Flies, The Death of Grass, Trillions, When the Wind Blows, Death Dolls of Lyra, Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, God the list goes on and on... yet he was the most optimistic madman I ever met!  Great fella]
no one will win anything ..we will destroy anything & everything we think is evolution.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2024, 11:54:41 AM »

Quoted to go back and find these book later.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2024, 12:53:04 PM »
Seriously people don't get what these kind of Russians are like. They bank on westerners being pussies.

Reality is we have no idea how many nukes the Russians have that actually work.

So it's it not a release the hounds type situation. Nuclear war will kill millions but it probably won't be planet killing types.
The same thing can be said about the US arsenal. Have you not read about all the Boeing issues? The US also has to deal with all these DEI hires complicating the matter. Why anyone would think the Russians are less capable than a DEI or transgender hire is a mystery to me.

Russia also paid their dues in WW2. The Soviet Union's total civilian and military deaths were around 24 million in WW2. Contrast that with the UK's loss of 450,700 and the US of 418,500 and you can see why WW2 and their defeat of Germany means so much more to the Russians. Germany lost about 6.6-8.8 million and Japan about 2.6-3.1 million people. China was a close second to the Soviet Union with around 20 million civilian and military deaths. Russia's death toll would have been the majority of the Soviet Union number.

Russians today value the sacrifice their forefathers made to defend their nation and territory. No way will they allow an upstart like the failing USA to take away what they fought and died for. Russia also sees the American decline and the rotting from within. I am sure their preference would be that they don't have to resort to nukes to take out a dying USA.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2024, 12:16:42 AM »
I think the US Navy is the best in the world when we talk about stealth .. The UK has lost a lot of its capabilities that they had in the "cold war"
The US Navy Subs are the best in the world no doubt about it. Putin knows this & they can launch everywhere.
Yes, the US Navy could probably beat any other country's whole military.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2024, 04:37:23 AM »
yes..& you got Rambo  ;D Actually i think it´s good that if you serve in the US Military you can get Education paid (not sure exactly but i read it somewhere)
I mean the British Army just give you a short course. After 9 years service i just got a driving course driving artics (HGV 1 , C+E) for us. i already had HGV 2 so it was a piece of piss.
Drove trucks for a while but didn´t enjoy it much. At least the US pay for an Education.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2024, 05:10:42 AM »
The same thing can be said about the US arsenal. Have you not read about all the Boeing issues? The US also has to deal with all these DEI hires complicating the matter. Why anyone would think the Russians are less capable than a DEI or transgender hire is a mystery to me.

Russia also paid their dues in WW2. The Soviet Union's total civilian and military deaths were around 24 million in WW2. Contrast that with the UK's loss of 450,700 and the US of 418,500 and you can see why WW2 and their defeat of Germany means so much more to the Russians. Germany lost about 6.6-8.8 million and Japan about 2.6-3.1 million people. China was a close second to the Soviet Union with around 20 million civilian and military deaths. Russia's death toll would have been the majority of the Soviet Union number.

Russians today value the sacrifice their forefathers made to defend their nation and territory. No way will they allow an upstart like the failing USA to take away what they fought and died for. Russia also sees the American decline and the rotting from within. I am sure their preference would be that they don't have to resort to nukes to take out a dying USA.

Without the financial aid from the United States (almost $200 billion today), Russia would probably not have lasted long.

Even before the United States entered World War II in December 1941, America sent arms and equipment to the Soviet Union to help it defeat the Nazi invasion. Totalling $11.3 billion, or $180 billion in today’s currency, the Lend-Lease Act of the United States supplied needed goods to the Soviet Union from 1941 to 1945 in support of what Stalin described to Roosevelt as the “enormous and difficult fight against the common enemy — bloodthirsty Hitlerism.”

400,000 jeeps & trucks
14,000 airplanes
8,000 tractors
13,000 tanks
1.5 million blankets
15 million pairs of army boots
107,000 tons of cotton
2.7 million tons of petrol products
4.5 million tons of food

https://ru.usembassy.gov/world-war-ii-allies-u-s-lend-lease-to-the-soviet-union-1941-1945/#:~:text=Totaling%20%2411.3%20billion%2C%20or%20%24180,common%20enemy%20%E2%80%94%20bloodthirsty%20Hitlerism.%E2%80%9D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2024, 05:25:04 AM »
Without the immense financial aid from the United States (almost $200 billion today), Russia would probably not have lasted long.

Even before the United States entered World War II in December 1941, America sent arms and equipment to the Soviet Union to help it defeat the Nazi invasion. Totalling $11.3 billion, or $180 billion in today’s currency, the Lend-Lease Act of the United States supplied needed goods to the Soviet Union from 1941 to 1945 in support of what Stalin described to Roosevelt as the “enormous and difficult fight against the common enemy — bloodthirsty Hitlerism.”

400,000 jeeps & trucks
14,000 airplanes
8,000 tractors
13,000 tanks
1.5 million blankets
15 million pairs of army boots
107,000 tons of cotton
2.7 million tons of petrol products
4.5 million tons of food

https://ru.usembassy.gov/world-war-ii-allies-u-s-lend-lease-to-the-soviet-union-1941-1945/#:~:text=Totaling%20%2411.3%20billion%2C%20or%20%24180,common%20enemy%20%E2%80%94%20bloodthirsty%20Hitlerism.%E2%80%9D

I think the T-34 was their main Tank, was rough & ready easy to repair not like German Tanks which were precision Engineering & also the T-34 had wide tracks which helped them in the thick mud when the snow melted.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2024, 12:24:31 PM »
I think the T-34 was their main Tank, was rough & ready easy to repair not like German Tanks which were precision Engineering & also the T-34 had wide tracks which helped them in the thick mud when the snow melted.

We got hold of a T-34 during the first Gulf War - supposedly to learn from it.  But when we got inside it we were staggered at how old school it was.  Wooden benches with no padding for example.  No padding at any of the potential bash points actually.  And as for ventilation?  Masks with flexi-tubes connected directly to the outside - no NCB filter, nothing...  talk about no frills!
T

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2024, 02:16:13 PM »

You got that right no one fucks with our carrier strike groups

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2024, 03:08:52 PM »
You got that right. No one fucks with our carrier strike groups.

The US Navy is awesome.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: Today at 12:14:31 AM »
yes..& you got Rambo  ;D Actually i think it´s good that if you serve in the US Military you can get Education paid (not sure exactly but i read it somewhere)
I mean the British Army just give you a short course. After 9 years service i just got a driving course driving artics (HGV 1 , C+E) for us. i already had HGV 2 so it was a piece of piss.
Drove trucks for a while but didn´t enjoy it much. At least the US pay for an Education.
Rambo was army.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #87 on: Today at 04:43:01 AM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #88 on: Today at 05:05:24 AM »
We got hold of a T-34 during the first Gulf War - supposedly to learn from it.  But when we got inside it we were staggered at how old school it was.  Wooden benches with no padding for example.  No padding at any of the potential bash points actually.  And as for ventilation?  Masks with flexi-tubes connected directly to the outside - no NCB filter, nothing...  talk about no frills!

They were built under tremendous time pressure during the Battle of Stalingrad and I guess were never upgraded as newer models started coming out immediately?

As I remember from Anthony Beevor's book the first T-34s were produced in such a hurry they didn't even have gun sights. The gunner literally had to look down the barrel to aim the gun.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #89 on: Today at 05:38:50 AM »
We got hold of a T-34 during the first Gulf War - supposedly to learn from it.  But when we got inside it we were staggered at how old school it was.  Wooden benches with no padding for example.  No padding at any of the potential bash points actually.  And as for ventilation?  Masks with flexi-tubes connected directly to the outside - no NCB filter, nothing... talk about no frills!
Yes very outdated Tanks for a modern battlefield & people thought the T-55 was old !

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: Today at 01:42:12 PM »
You got that right no one fucks with our carrier strike groups
They are sitting ducks. Russia could take out the carriers with a few hypersonic missiles armed with nukes. Russia also has many subs off US coastlines.

Here's the current US Secretary of Defense. Will he outwit his Russian counterparts?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #91 on: Today at 01:49:17 PM »
They are sitting ducks. Russia could take out the carriers with a few hypersonic missiles armed with nukes. Russia also has many subs off US coastlines.

Here's the current US Secretary of Defense. Will he outwit his Russian counterparts?

The guy who went missing for a week and didn't even notify Biden?

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: Today at 02:49:44 PM »

Wow - they must have picked him after he successfully brought in the Red October all those years ago

T

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: Today at 02:58:03 PM »
Wow - they must have picked him after he successfully brought in the Red October all those years ago

He's been steadily promoted through the previous decades. I prefer his WW2 depiction in the u571 submarine movie

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #94 on: Today at 03:06:24 PM »

"Good morning everybody, today we're going to be discussing those mayo apes in Russia......"

Vince Goodrum, CSN MFT, SecDef

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: Today at 03:30:45 PM »

"Good morning everybody, today we're going to be discussing those mayo apes in Russia......"

Vince Goodrum, CSN MFT, SecDef
LMAO!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: Today at 03:34:05 PM »

Anyone have that quote about Jews planning to elevate blacks to the upper echelons of societies? Google, Bing, Duck have all scrubbed it.

When I see this picture I am reminded of that quote and how Jews and Blacks are working together to get Whitey!