Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Positive Bodybuilding Discussion & Talk

Be There's OFFICIAL May '17 Competition Thread

<< < (60/61) > >>

Evo:

--- Quote from: Be There on May 06, 2017, 11:53:10 AM ---place third behind Paul Rowe and Bernie Cooper, got an invite to the Britain in 4 weeks, on holiday Monday for a week then will decide about the Britain...

--- End quote ---

Certainly no shame in that.

Bernie Cooper is/was a good friend of mine.  My first serious training partner and mentor in BBing.  Top man who defies age.

Rascal full:
Damn, sorry I missed this thread.....that will teach me for not being positive!

Great showing mate, this was obviously a massive success and inspiration for us all. What show you doing next? Have you decided?

Edit....sorry just seen you are doing one in November. Good luck!!

Primemuscle:
Thanks Be There. Even though you are younger than I am, your physique is inspirational. I'm off to the gym now.  :)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT:
I have no idea how in the hell I just noticed this entire thread. I am beside myself considering that I have been actively following your 2 other threads on this Positive Forum. So much incredible stuff on this thread that I am only now catching up on.

I have to say.....You look absolutely PHENOMINAL!!! Seeing these competition photos are an absolute inspiration to me and the posts and info contained within are inspiring me to think about competing again for something regional  this summer.

I  havent competed since the late 90's and am in my late 40's now. But man....I am beyond impressed with your physique and conditioning in these competitions.  You have tremendous balance to your physique and you really know how to pose and display your physique.  I hate when people try to make comparisons but for some reason...I am reminded of the physique of 1988 Berry DeMey in a lot of your poses, especially the one with bicep flexed and other arm reaching overhead with hand fanned open. Very very impressive body my man. And you clearly got robbed. You look to be the only man onstage that knows how to pose. These other guys look like they are preparing to take a crap onstage...lol. Great job. Truly looking forward to your upcoming shows.

be back:

--- Quote from: BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT on February 11, 2018, 12:32:33 PM ---I have no idea how in the hell I just noticed this entire thread. I am beside myself considering that I have been actively following your 2 other threads on this Positive Forum. So much incredible stuff on this thread that I am only now catching up on.

I have to say.....You look absolutely PHENOMINAL!!! Seeing these competition photos are an absolute inspiration to me and the posts and info contained within are inspiring me to think about competing again for something regional  this summer.

I  havent competed since the late 90's and am in my late 40's now. But man....I am beyond impressed with your physique and conditioning in these competitions.  You have tremendous balance to your physique and you really know how to pose and display your physique.  I hate when people try to make comparisons but for some reason...I am reminded of the physique of 1988 Berry DeMey in a lot of your poses, especially the one with bicep flexed and other arm reaching overhead with hand fanned open. Very very impressive body my man. And you clearly got robbed. You look to be the only man onstage that knows how to pose. These other guys look like they are preparing to take a crap onstage...lol. Great job. Truly looking forward to your upcoming shows.

--- End quote ---

thanks for the kind words.

I was only going to do last years show then retire, I got a lot of really good feedback which changed my mind, a lot said I reminded them of the 90s, it was then when people actually put effort into presentation.
I have got my music ready for this year and am going to put together a routine this time, I normally wing it.
I did a routine last year but my music didn't play and they played some shitty rock track they used about 10 times that day.

It pisses me off that the posing round isn't scored, it would force people to make an effort if they thought their placings would be affected.

They should score muscularity, symmetry and posing as 3 separate entities, no calves, marked down, poor conditioning, marked down, lack of balance marked down, fist pumping, marked down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version