Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768585 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9600 on: June 10, 2023, 06:57:58 PM »

SEC laying the smack down.

Robinhood delisting a bunch of tokens and liquidating the positions in June.

Bloodbath hasn’t started 🩸

BTC dominance trying to launch above the top level. no doubt it’ll break above soon enough.

Gib should be gloating this next 1-2 months! Gib! Now is your time to shine!

Fuck Gib (not personal) I'll out gloat before he even gets a chance.

I called it last year.

I'm exiting positions because of potential regulations not market conditions.

The SEC has been vocal on supporting Bitcoin and Ethereum being regulated as commodities. Bullish for BTC and ETH but it doesn't look good for everything else.

No point taking the risk sitting in ALTS right now with this potential nuke. Actual nuke could be months or even years away, but with BTC dominance where it now ALTS don't look worth the risk.

I have my SEC proof shopping list ready to go if we get the real nuke (binance)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9601 on: June 10, 2023, 08:58:03 PM »
Fuck Gib (not personal) I'll out gloat before he even gets a chance.

I called it last year.

I have my SEC proof shopping list ready to go if we get the real nuke (binance)

Binance in Oz is fucked.

I can’t deposit money anymore from an AU bank account. Also cannot withdraw. So it’s basically no different to Defi at this point. The main exchange based on prison island here is running perfectly fine which i think is the only true on/off ramp.

BTC dominance is ready to crack above which means capitulation hasn’t even started yet if it does run above that 49 mark. If it goes what is the target? 60? 🤔

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9602 on: June 10, 2023, 10:06:16 PM »
Binance in Oz is fucked.

I can’t deposit money anymore from an AU bank account. Also cannot withdraw. So it’s basically no different to Defi at this point. The main exchange based on prison island here is running perfectly fine which i think is the only true on/off ramp.

BTC dominance is ready to crack above which means capitulation hasn’t even started yet if it does run above that 49 mark. If it goes what is the target? 60? 🤔

I'll let you know next time I watch a Benjamin Cowen video as he's been on this dominance thing forever. Stablecoins slightly changed how you'd look at BTC dominance though.

Also Eth going down with Alts or hanging with Btc will effect the dominance picture. Don't forget XRP either. It's been surprisingly strong recently and the SEC case should reach a conclusion within a few months (latest end of Sept) Lose and btc dominance will spike even higher.

Can you imagine if Ripple win though . It would be reverse uno for the SEC and the greatest psyop ever. Market confidence would be back in a huge way. Gotta be ready for that just in case.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9603 on: June 11, 2023, 01:00:46 AM »
I'll let you know next time I watch a Benjamin Cowen video as he's been on this dominance thing forever. Stablecoins slightly changed how you'd look at BTC dominance though.

Also Eth going down with Alts or hanging with Btc will effect the dominance picture. Don't forget XRP either. It's been surprisingly strong recently and the SEC case should reach a conclusion within a few months (latest end of Sept) Lose and btc dominance will spike even higher.

Can you imagine if Ripple win though . It would be reverse uno for the SEC and the greatest psyop ever. Market confidence would be back in a huge way. Gotta be ready for that just in case.

"To the moon!!" "HODL" "It's still early...!!" lol

::) ::)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9604 on: June 12, 2023, 02:43:21 AM »

XrP bag holders talk non-stop how it’ll go to number one. Im not convinced a total failure last cycle means it goes to number 1 in the next.

This is the last ATH for close to 20yrs. 98% will fuck up the exit and be late. We are not hitting 100k.

After watching that ‘Arnold’ series yesterday I’m pretty sure I’m an NPC so im Doomed regardless of what I think lol 😂

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9605 on: June 12, 2023, 08:51:23 AM »
XrP bag holders talk non-stop how it’ll go to number one. Im not convinced a total failure last cycle means it goes to number 1 in the next.

This is the last ATH for close to 20yrs. 98% will fuck up the exit and be late. We are not hitting 100k.

After watching that ‘Arnold’ series yesterday I’m pretty sure I’m an NPC so im Doomed regardless of what I think lol 😂

I'm not confident on XRP, but stranger things have happened.

Anyway this is how you should feel. I felt the same last cycle. I thought it would take another 10 years to reach a 20k again. Everyone needs to feel like it's all over, everyone who isn't directly involved in development needs to leave crypto, alts need to drop 98%. Btc dominance needs to rocket whilst its USD value drops. After all this happens you might still need to wait a few more months.

It should feel like you're making a terrible decision if and when you decide to get involved again. Every time you check crypto news it should make you wanna sell, but you don't. Just write the money off and leave crypto. You either lose it all or x10 it.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9606 on: June 12, 2023, 09:34:48 AM »
Bank of China investment arm issues tokenized notes on Ethereum

BOCI, an investment arm of the Bank of China, issued tokenized notes in Hong Kong, marking the first time that a financial institution in China has issued a digital note in the region.

UBS partnered with BOCI to issue the notes, which were tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. BOCI issued 200 million Chinese yuan worth of notes, which translates to roughly $28 million.

”Working together with UBS, we are driving the simplification of digital asset markets and products, for customers in Asia Pacific through the development of blockchain-based digital structured products, designed specifically for customers in Asia Pacific. We are encouraged by the evolution of Hong Kong’s digital economy and are committed to promoting the digital transformation and innovative development of Hong Kong’s financial industry,” said Ying Wang, deputy CEO at BOCI.

Hong Kong is working toward becoming a crypto hub, with Paul Chan Mo-po, the financial secretary, previously saying that Hong Kong will be embracing regulation.

“The virtual asset market has fluctuated greatly, and some virtual asset exchanges have closed down recently, which makes some people in the society doubt the prospects of Web3. However, we believe this is the right time to push Web3 forward,” he said in a blog post.

The special administrative region lifted its crypto retail trading ban this month and has encouraged crypto exchanges to seek licenses in the region.

The Securities and Futures Commission established exchange guidelines — and firms such as Huobi, OKX and BitMEX have expressed intentions to apply for a Hong Kong license.

Johnny Ng, a Hong Kong legislator, has even invited Coinbase to establish a Hong Kong hub after the SEC sued the exchange last week.

https://blockworks.co/news/boc-investment-arm-tokenized-notes

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9607 on: June 12, 2023, 11:26:41 AM »
China money printer was unfortunately a big disappointment (lol @china ever becoming number 1) China money might take a while before it has an impact on crypto prices.

UK/London is opening up for crypto and blockchain technologies.

https://www.ft.com/content/9c45bef1-3496-4218-9dd3-e9922a55fdee

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9608 on: June 12, 2023, 05:46:16 PM »

Out of  all the autistic/ADHD predictions you've made, this one takes the cake.

Once regulatory clarity has been introduced for the big boys to safely invest then you will  see allocation from pension funds, wealth management, hedges etc. Retail aren't moving the needle on btc. Big money know QE is not stopping anytime soon and scarce verifiable assets will be at the forefront of capital allocation. Even 1% to 2% will shoot btc straight last 6 figures. It won't take 20years for that to happen.

As for your shitcoin seasons im sure there will be another, crypto industry is what 100million users out of 7 billion people? There's a sucker born every minute, next cycle will see a whole knew group of retards freshly minted looking to get in on the next centralised  token that will afford them a lambo. The only difference is, hopefully you'll be privy to the shannanigans.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9609 on: June 12, 2023, 10:40:52 PM »
Out of  all the autistic/ADHD predictions you've made, this one takes the cake.

Once regulatory clarity has been introduced for the big boys to safely invest then you will  see allocation from pension funds, wealth management, hedges etc. Retail aren't moving the needle on btc. Big money know QE is not stopping anytime soon and scarce verifiable assets will be at the forefront of capital allocation. Even 1% to 2% will shoot btc straight last 6 figures. It won't take 20years for that to happen.

As for your shitcoin seasons im sure there will be another, crypto industry is what 100million users out of 7 billion people? There's a sucker born every minute, next cycle will see a whole knew group of retards freshly minted looking to get in on the next centralised  token that will afford them a lambo. The only difference is, hopefully you'll be privy to the shannanigans.

:D

I fell for all the narratives too. Listened to all the gurus and people smarter than me but it was all BS which really sucked.

Before the last cycle when I had zero knowledge of Bitcoin, I had BTC at 55k. We hit 64k. Targets were 220k+ from the narratives. I have ballpark 80k now embracing my spasticity and narratives are 550k and 1M is also making a name for itself. 

The other thing is the peak cycle timing can now move because of the low price target. November 2024. Sure, hate it all you want but it’s backed by numbers so it’s on the table. If price is 80k by November 2024 and everyone is saying how 2025 will get to 500k, it’s probably cooked.

Regulation was always coming and is needed. But it lowers volatility, Case in point We experienced the largest money printing of our lifetime and gold moved up +20%. hedge funds were all through Bitcoin this in 2020 like crazy, you are repeating a narrative from 3yrs ago. Pension funds won’t touch anything with volatility like this because they prefer a +2% yield to avoid a -2% drop in value. Forget it, old narrative again.

if you are upset at the guy calling for 80k rather than people calling for 500k+ then you don’t have enough in and are praying for unicorns and rainbows to bail you out.

Gold but wait 2 decades for a week period at an ATH. Why should crypto be any different? Saylor said it’s digital gold.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9610 on: June 13, 2023, 12:21:13 AM »
:D

I fell for all the narratives too. Listened to all the gurus and people smarter than me but it was all BS which really sucked.

Before the last cycle when I had zero knowledge of Bitcoin, I had BTC at 55k. We hit 64k. Targets were 220k+ from the narratives. I have ballpark 80k now embracing my spasticity and narratives are 550k and 1M is also making a name for itself. 

The other thing is the peak cycle timing can now move because of the low price target. November 2024. Sure, hate it all you want but it’s backed by numbers so it’s on the table. If price is 80k by November 2024 and everyone is saying how 2025 will get to 500k, it’s probably cooked.

Regulation was always coming and is needed. But it lowers volatility, Case in point We experienced the largest money printing of our lifetime and gold moved up +20%. hedge funds were all through Bitcoin this in 2020 like crazy, you are repeating a narrative from 3yrs ago. Pension funds won’t touch anything with volatility like this because they prefer a +2% yield to avoid a -2% drop in value. Forget it, old narrative again.

if you are upset at the guy calling for 80k rather than people calling for 500k+ then you don’t have enough in and are praying for unicorns and rainbows to bail you out.

Gold but wait 2 decades for a week period at an ATH. Why should crypto be any different? Saylor said it’s digital gold.

Except you had pension funds In Canada come into btc indirectly via proxies and fraudulent companies that mploded. I'm not upset about price, perhaps if it dropped to 2-3k I might be shaky. if anything you're the one emotionally invested, I never went  out a paid  for retarded quant analysis by grifters and conmen looking to extract $$$ out of newbies.

You got burnt, you lost money on these utility tokens that promised the world  and delivered a 90% draw down. Anyone would be emotional, including myself. Except I countered my emotion with knowledge.

You're conflating shitcoinery crypto with btc. You're hurt from people who you think are smarter than you, but they are not.

You're atleast smart enough to know the gold market is heavily manipulated and suppressed blvia paper  derivatives
it's not even comparable or verifiable. The next  generation coming through are ones growing up in a digital age, they're not buying gold and are pretty much priced out of property, wonder what kind of digital economy they'll opt for?

You're in Aus? There was a time in 2013-2014 that you could by btc in person from localbitcoins for 1-2% and an abundance of sellers. Try now going p2p, hardly anyone is selling btc. If you're lucky you can purchase it for 7-10% mark-up buy theses same vendors will sure as shit buy btc off you for 0% fee.

What happens when shrinking supply meets a growing industry and exchanges are no longer by law able to sell customers btc to prop up their air tokens? Well, price suddenly stops being suppressed and will see its true value. Next cycle will see a cleansing of all these shady cefi operators. This is not an event but s process and its disingenuous to say btc will operate like gold. There has never before been an asset as scarce, verifiable and decentrilised as btc. This is new territory. I can't give you certainty only probabilities, and probability that btc hits a new ATH before 2043 I believe is much higher than  it wouldn't.

No need to worry about me, my unicorn  came and stayed in 2016 after btc surpassed 2k.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9611 on: June 13, 2023, 07:11:42 AM »
Except you had pension funds In Canada come into btc indirectly via proxies and fraudulent companies that mploded. I'm not upset about price, perhaps if it dropped to 2-3k I might be shaky. if anything you're the one emotionally invested, I never went  out a paid  for retarded quant analysis by grifters and conmen looking to extract $$$ out of newbies.

You got burnt, you lost money on these utility tokens that promised the world  and delivered a 90% draw down. Anyone would be emotional, including myself. Except I countered my emotion with knowledge.

You're conflating shitcoinery crypto with btc. You're hurt from people who you think are smarter than you, but they are not.

You're atleast smart enough to know the gold market is heavily manipulated and suppressed blvia paper  derivatives
it's not even comparable or verifiable. The next  generation coming through are ones growing up in a digital age, they're not buying gold and are pretty much priced out of property, wonder what kind of digital economy they'll opt for?

You're in Aus? There was a time in 2013-2014 that you could by btc in person from localbitcoins for 1-2% and an abundance of sellers. Try now going p2p, hardly anyone is selling btc. If you're lucky you can purchase it for 7-10% mark-up buy theses same vendors will sure as shit buy btc off you for 0% fee.

What happens when shrinking supply meets a growing industry and exchanges are no longer by law able to sell customers btc to prop up their air tokens? Well, price suddenly stops being suppressed and will see its true value. Next cycle will see a cleansing of all these shady cefi operators. This is not an event but s process and its disingenuous to say btc will operate like gold. There has never before been an asset as scarce, verifiable and decentrilised as btc. This is new territory. I can't give you certainty only probabilities, and probability that btc hits a new ATH before 2043 I believe is much higher than  it wouldn't.

No need to worry about me, my unicorn  came and stayed in 2016 after btc surpassed 2k.

I didn’t lose money last peak. Even with all the mess ups listening to gurus I still managed to get out with a pretty decent profit.

Also people like me lack emotions so you can’t say emotional Austistic spastic.

Perhaps you missed me trolling here when I bought in at 17.5k? I flippantly bull posted here for months  the bottom was in…. Then we tapped 15.5k but I was still closer than 99%. I also sold for 2.5x while others held and now are wrecked. I can’t explain my strategy in small sentences so I don’t bother.

I know local bitcoin. It’s tax evasion for black market, I used to use it. It’s dried up because they’re all getting fucked by the ATO. The moment they use an off ramp exchange they are flagged.

On chain is a scam narrative for retail which is the scarcity argument. I probably explained it somewhere. Value is determined first, scarcity does not determine value but fuels value after it has been established. that’s before you even get to the 12% capture meaning 88% of the market is extrapolation of which they consider ‘Hodled’ lol.

I say things for shock value sometimes. reality is Gold is +2% from its past ATH after 12yrs.

The above aside, I am Glad you have made a good run of things 👍

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9612 on: June 13, 2023, 10:13:41 AM »
https://decrypt.co/138334/gary-gensler-sec-ethereum-not-security-mit-2018

Gary Gensler Says SEC Believes Ethereum Is Not a Security—At MIT in 2018
The SEC had a very different take on the second biggest cryptocurrency back in 2018, according to Gary Gensler.

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Gary Gensler may have appeared to sidestep questions recently on whether Ethereum and other crypto assets are securities—but he certainly seemed confident back in 2018.

A video has emerged on Twitter showing the top regulator giving a lecture at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In it, he says that Ethereum is “not a security” in the eyes of the SEC.
AD

Ethereum is the second biggest cryptocurrency, with a market cap of $227 billion at the time of writing. In the past, regulators have struggled with how to label the asset.

“In 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission has said regardless of what it might have been in [2014],” Gensler said, referring to when Ethereum launched and announced an ICO using Bitcoin to buy it, “it’s now sufficiently decentralized that we’ll consider it not a security.”

And another one... - The below clip is from a Fall 2018 Graduate MIT course called "Blockchain and Money"

Gary Gensler - the current President of the SEC, was the professor.

Once again, I will let the below video speak for itself.

Lecture 6: Smart Contracts and… pic.twitter.com/hsTvJ82XmM

— zk-🦈 (@ZK_shark) April 28, 2023

Gensler, a civilian at the time and speaking only in his capacity as a professor, appeared to simply be relaying the opinions of the SEC back in 2018—specifically, the opinion expressed by former Director of Corporate Finance William Hinman in his much-cited "sufficiently decentralized" speech from June of that year.

Still, the irony wasn't lost on Crypto Twitter—especially when juxtaposed against Gensler's recent duel with Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC) during an appearance before a House Oversight Committee. Repeatedly asked to give his opinion as to whether Ethereum should be classified a security, and even confronted with Hinman's comments from 2018, Gensler refuses to answer the question.

he clip of Gensler's lecture at MIT is one of many recently surfaced by Twitter user "ZK_shark." Earlier this week, another clip shared by ZK_shark was retweeted by Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong, whose company is currently in the SEC's crosshairs over its Ethereum staking product. In the clip, Genlser says he believes most of the crypto market is made up of "non-securities." It's a statement that directly contradicts more recent comments as chair of the SEC in which he said he believes the "vast majority" of tokens in the crypto market are securities.

Many have jumped in to criticize the regulator and former MIT teacher—but crypto lawyer Preston Byrne chimed in on Twitter by saying that Gensler speaking as a professor and then as a top regulator are two different things. “As a professor, he can talk about what things are in the abstract,” he wrote. “As a law enforcer, he’s required to enforce the laws as they’re written.”

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9613 on: June 13, 2023, 11:55:53 PM »
Ultimately its not what Genseler or the SEC think. Its what a Court will rule. And I expect a court will rule that ETH and countless other shitcoins, are unregistered securities.

The smart move is obvious. Stick to BTC, and hodl.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9614 on: June 14, 2023, 02:04:28 AM »
I didn’t lose money last peak. Even with all the mess ups listening to gurus I still managed to get out with a pretty decent profit.

Also people like me lack emotions so you can’t say emotional Austistic spastic.

Perhaps you missed me trolling here when I bought in at 17.5k? I flippantly bull posted here for months  the bottom was in…. Then we tapped 15.5k but I was still closer than 99%. I also sold for 2.5x while others held and now are wrecked. I can’t explain my strategy in small sentences so I don’t bother.

I know local bitcoin. It’s tax evasion for black market, I used to use it. It’s dried up because they’re all getting fucked by the ATO. The moment they use an off ramp exchange they are flagged.

On chain is a scam narrative for retail which is the scarcity argument. I probably explained it somewhere. Value is determined first, scarcity does not determine value but fuels value after it has been established. that’s before you even get to the 12% capture meaning 88% of the market is extrapolation of which they consider ‘Hodled’ lol.

I say things for shock value sometimes. reality is Gold is +2% from its past ATH after 12yrs.

The above aside, I am Glad you have made a good run of things 👍

That market hasn't dried up, still up and about and same people are doing it under prying eyes of ATO. From what I see if on ramps are blocked the p2p underground market will explode once again.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9615 on: June 14, 2023, 02:09:34 AM »
Ultimately its not what Genseler or the SEC think. Its what a Court will rule. And I expect a court will rule that ETH and countless other shitcoins, are unregistered securities.

While I agree that ETH is a shitcoin and a security that seems to be captured politically, I really have my doubts that it will be classed as a security.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9616 on: June 14, 2023, 06:32:08 AM »

Wasn't so smart for Saylor. He is down something like 10 or 15% right now. If he had bought ETH instead of BTC he'd be up 50%.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9617 on: June 14, 2023, 06:08:32 PM »
From what I see if on ramps are blocked the p2p underground market will explode once again.

Why will it explode?

If people are ‘known’ when they enter and exit, what is the benefit of p2p given the high risk of being scammed?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9618 on: June 14, 2023, 10:08:11 PM »
Tether usdt peg might be about to get tested

Letsssgoooo

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9619 on: June 14, 2023, 10:57:10 PM »
Tether usdt peg might be about to get tested

Letsssgoooo

Only 24.9k though  ???

What do you think is going to happen to cause the depeg?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9620 on: June 14, 2023, 11:46:05 PM »
Only 24.9k though  ???

What do you think is going to happen to cause the depeg?

https://blockworks.co/news/usdt-selloff-alarm-bells-tether

Article actually does a good job of not making it a FUD piece.

Curve is the shitshow. The founder leveraged something like $100m of his token to borrow $70m USDT basically to avoid paying tax. Faces liquidation on a 40% drop of his token sending it to 0 and possibly a chain reaction through defi (unlikely)

Shorts went after it. Founder is now possibly using his USDT to prop token price up. Huge USDT redemption pressure when liquidity is a mess across crypto = possible depeg

**Someone has come along to defend the peg now (possibly His Excellency Justin Sun)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9621 on: June 15, 2023, 05:37:49 AM »
Wasn't so smart for Saylor. He is down something like 10 or 15% right now. If he had bought ETH instead of BTC he'd be up 50%.
Actually it was smart. Every asset allocator needs to balance risk with reward. He could also have bought Pepe coin, or any other shit coin (some surely outperformed BTC also), but doesn't mean it would be a sensible investment and any sensible investment seeks the best balance up upside vs downside risk.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9622 on: June 15, 2023, 06:49:38 AM »
Actually it was smart. Every asset allocator needs to balance risk with reward. He could also have bought Pepe coin, or any other shit coin (some surely outperformed BTC also), but doesn't mean it would be a sensible investment and any sensible investment seeks the best balance up upside vs downside risk.

If the argument is seeking the best balance between risk and reward then he failed that too as his entire allocation is into one asset class (crypto and then only one crypto in that class)  which from a risk point of view is definitely not the smartest thing to do.

As things currently stand a better argument can be made that he went high risk, low reward.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9623 on: June 15, 2023, 08:32:00 AM »
It seems so far I was wrong thinking that crypto would follow the stock market upward.  Maybe it will in a few months. We'll see.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9624 on: June 15, 2023, 09:03:27 AM »
It seems so far I was wrong thinking that crypto would follow the stock market upward.  Maybe it will in a few months. We'll see.

It does typically, or rather it did. During risk on/risk off cycles it often moved before stock markets did. Sometimes by a couple of days or even by a week or 2.

The fact that it appears to have decorrelated in such a big way is part of the reason some think it's over for crypto.

**Maybe there is a chance Crypto front ran the stock market by several weeks this time. Crypto currently sits at fair value and the stock market is double digits percentage over value just like crypto was several weeks ago.