Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768994 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4625 on: January 29, 2021, 03:52:56 AM »
Which charts? ???

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4626 on: January 29, 2021, 04:15:08 AM »

Oh, and I wonder how Papa Anabolic is doing these days...

He is fine, uses his other handle these  days "SOMEPARTS"

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #4627 on: January 29, 2021, 05:07:15 AM »
Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO Issues Serious Bitcoin Warning

Bitcoin has exploded into 2021, demanding the attention of Wall Street and regulators alike.

The bitcoin price broke fresh ground for the first time in three years last month, roaring to over $40,000 per bitcoin before falling back slightly (even as smaller cryptocurrencies continue to climb).

Now, as the bitcoin price struggles to hold above $30,000 per bitcoin, former Goldman Sachs chief executive Lloyd Blankfein has warned that regulators could move against bitcoin if it continues to grow.

"If I were a regulator ... I would be kind of hyperventilating at the success of [bitcoin] at the moment and I'd be arming myself to deal with it," Blankfein told CNBC this week, warning against bitcoin as either a medium of exchange or as a store of value due to bitcoin's semi-anonymous nature and its wild price swings.

"You don't know whether or not you're paying the North Koreans or Al Qaeda or the Revolutionary Guard," Blankfein said, adding bitcoin's regular 10% daily moves make "the store of value element a little bit tough."

Bitcoin soared to highs of $42,000 earlier this month but dropped under $30,000 yesterday amid fears the bitcoin bubble could be about to burst.

Blankfein also echoed concerns raised earlier this month by new U.S. Treasury secretary and former chair of the Federal Reserve Janet Yellen, who warned illicit bitcoin and cryptocurrency use is "a particular concern."

"I think many [cryptocurrencies] are used, at least in transactions sense, mainly for illicit financing and I think we really need to examine ways in which we can curtail their use and make sure that anti-money laundering doesn’t occur through those channels," Yellen told the Senate Finance Committee.

Many in the bitcoin and cryptocurrency community hit back at Yellen's claims, arguing illicit transactions make up only a tiny percentage of bitcoin and cryptocurrency use.

However, as bitcoin and crypto popularity grows, regulators may find themselves under pressure to act, according to Blankfein.

“At the end of the day, if [bitcoin] ever got big enough to be substantial and a real medium of exchange, how could the regulators, so focused as they are on anti-money laundering" not step in. "Do we want that to work out well over the long term," Blankfein asked.Despite his warnings, Blankfein does see a route to success for bitcoin, but thinks it will mean trade-offs will have to be made.

"[Bitcoin] could be workable but [regulations] will undermine the freedom and liberty and kind of lack of transparency that people like about it in the first place so that’s the conundrum that bitcoin will have to deal itself out," he said.

Bitcoin's strong start to the year means institutional investors are increasingly looking at cryptocurrencies, suggesting we're likely to hear more about bitcoin from Wall Street and regulators in coming months.

"We entered a new bull market when bitcoin punched through the $20,000 high seen in 2017, sending a signal that institutional investors and big hedge funds are willing to wager that crypto is a real asset," Kay Van Petersen, global macro strategist at Saxo Bank, said in emailed comments.

"It’s still early days for crypto, with the only certainty being volatility and plenty of divergent views on the space, as well as the overhang of regulatory risk."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2021/01/28/ex-goldman-sachs-ceo-issues-stark-bitcoin-warning-as-price-suddenly-dips-under-30000/?sh=22adae00b5af

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4628 on: January 29, 2021, 05:32:06 AM »
Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO Issues Serious Bitcoin Warning

Bitcoin has exploded into 2021, demanding the attention of Wall Street and regulators alike.

The bitcoin price broke fresh ground for the first time in three years last month, roaring to over $40,000 per bitcoin before falling back slightly (even as smaller cryptocurrencies continue to climb).

Now, as the bitcoin price struggles to hold above $30,000 per bitcoin, former Goldman Sachs chief executive Lloyd Blankfein has warned that regulators could move against bitcoin if it continues to grow.

"If I were a regulator ... I would be kind of hyperventilating at the success of [bitcoin] at the moment and I'd be arming myself to deal with it," Blankfein told CNBC this week, warning against bitcoin as either a medium of exchange or as a store of value due to bitcoin's semi-anonymous nature and its wild price swings.

"You don't know whether or not you're paying the North Koreans or Al Qaeda or the Revolutionary Guard," Blankfein said, adding bitcoin's regular 10% daily moves make "the store of value element a little bit tough."

Bitcoin soared to highs of $42,000 earlier this month but dropped under $30,000 yesterday amid fears the bitcoin bubble could be about to burst.

Blankfein also echoed concerns raised earlier this month by new U.S. Treasury secretary and former chair of the Federal Reserve Janet Yellen, who warned illicit bitcoin and cryptocurrency use is "a particular concern."

"I think many [cryptocurrencies] are used, at least in transactions sense, mainly for illicit financing and I think we really need to examine ways in which we can curtail their use and make sure that anti-money laundering doesn’t occur through those channels," Yellen told the Senate Finance Committee.

Many in the bitcoin and cryptocurrency community hit back at Yellen's claims, arguing illicit transactions make up only a tiny percentage of bitcoin and cryptocurrency use.

However, as bitcoin and crypto popularity grows, regulators may find themselves under pressure to act, according to Blankfein.

“At the end of the day, if [bitcoin] ever got big enough to be substantial and a real medium of exchange, how could the regulators, so focused as they are on anti-money laundering" not step in. "Do we want that to work out well over the long term," Blankfein asked.Despite his warnings, Blankfein does see a route to success for bitcoin, but thinks it will mean trade-offs will have to be made.

"[Bitcoin] could be workable but [regulations] will undermine the freedom and liberty and kind of lack of transparency that people like about it in the first place so that’s the conundrum that bitcoin will have to deal itself out," he said.

Bitcoin's strong start to the year means institutional investors are increasingly looking at cryptocurrencies, suggesting we're likely to hear more about bitcoin from Wall Street and regulators in coming months.

"We entered a new bull market when bitcoin punched through the $20,000 high seen in 2017, sending a signal that institutional investors and big hedge funds are willing to wager that crypto is a real asset," Kay Van Petersen, global macro strategist at Saxo Bank, said in emailed comments.

"It’s still early days for crypto, with the only certainty being volatility and plenty of divergent views on the space, as well as the overhang of regulatory risk."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2021/01/28/ex-goldman-sachs-ceo-issues-stark-bitcoin-warning-as-price-suddenly-dips-under-30000/?sh=22adae00b5af

Little worm

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #4629 on: January 29, 2021, 05:41:00 AM »
Little worm

it gives good insight into what these elites are thinking . . . the big banks and investment firms will be lobbying hard with yellen and others from the same circle of friends to  '' do something '' if anything starts to challenge them . . .

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #4630 on: January 29, 2021, 06:13:43 AM »
and it begins . . .

‘Suspect confesses to aiding ISIS via bitcoin’

Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) DIG Omar Shahid Hamid has written a letter to the Sindh IGP, informing him that a man, identified as Omar Shahid Hamid, arrested on charges of terror financing had confessed to transferring funds to four women in Syria through bitcoin to facilitate Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), it emerged on Thursday.

According to the letter, the four women receiving funds in Syria belong to Lahore and are working for ISIS.

The DIG has stated in the letter that a man based in the United Kingdom (UK) is also a part of the terror financing network and has been transferring bitcoin currency to the women.

The DIG has apprised the IGP of the need for seeking mutual legal assistance are corresponding with the governments of Syria and the UK, so that the matter can be further investigated.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 29th, 2021.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2281773/suspect-confesses-to-aiding-isis-via-bitcoin

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4631 on: January 29, 2021, 06:27:02 AM »
$ 37,924.87

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4632 on: January 29, 2021, 06:37:41 AM »
He is fine, uses his other handle these  days "SOMEPARTS"

Nope. Feel free to contact Chaos or any mod to confirm.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4633 on: January 29, 2021, 06:45:42 AM »
This is the new generation led by Musk and Reddit giving the massive middle finger to the corrupt Janet Yellen and all those who benefit from her theft.

I have said it many times before. Acquire some Bitcoin whilst you still can. Put some away, out of reach and temptation to trade. In a decade from now, your BTC ownership could MASSIVELY set you aside in terms of wealth from the zero-coiners. It may be the single most important life determining decisions you make.

This is all very interesting. One can hope.

But...the potential for ruin is huge if they crack down. Not even Musk can compete with the "vampire squids" like Goldman Sachs.

I wonder what percentage of people on Reddit and Robbing Hood thought it was fine to de-platform free speech last month?  ;D

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #4634 on: January 29, 2021, 06:57:22 AM »
Any client who asks their adviser about buying Bitcoin should be asked, in return, how they would feel about funding ISIS. Indeed, academics from Macquarie University identified Daesh as a user of Bitcoin, with strong evidence of links to a number of terror attacks in Europe and Indonesia.

https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/opinion/martin-bamford-the-emperors-new-currency/

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4635 on: January 29, 2021, 07:07:17 AM »
Any client who asks their adviser about buying Bitcoin should be asked, in return, how they would feel about funding ISIS. Indeed, academics from Macquarie University identified Daesh as a user of Bitcoin, with strong evidence of links to a number of terror attacks in Europe and Indonesia.

https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/opinion/martin-bamford-the-emperors-new-currency/

How do you feel about that quote DooM? (I presume you can see the idiocy of it?)

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #4636 on: January 29, 2021, 07:59:43 AM »
How do you feel about that quote DooM? (I presume you can see the idiocy of it?)

i think it's moronic . . . '' if you support cryptocurrencies you support terrorism '' lmao , but it could be a narrative they start using against cryptos . . .

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4637 on: January 29, 2021, 08:22:35 AM »
i think it's moronic . . . '' if you support cryptocurrencies you support terrorism '' lmao , but it could be a narrative they start using against cryptos . . .

Economic terrorism is what they will call it....they are doing everything possible to push "domestic terrorism" as an issue.

See how this is going under Biden in just 2 weeks? Open corruption and centralization of power and money....and the internet is their attack dog.

Bodibadi

• Getbig I
« Reply #4638 on: January 29, 2021, 10:23:57 AM »
Tell me, did someone change Lightcoin on exchanger? I want buy litecoin with credit card here. you used them?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4639 on: January 29, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »
What are terrorists going to buy with Bitcoin? ???

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #4640 on: January 29, 2021, 12:16:09 PM »
terrorist accoutrements...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4641 on: January 29, 2021, 12:38:28 PM »
Tell me, did someone change Lightcoin on exchanger? I want buy litecoin with credit card here. you used them?

Stay away from that shit coin

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4642 on: January 29, 2021, 12:40:44 PM »
Which charts? ???

Exactly the point.

If you watched the trading charts you wouldn’t have made that post. People trade Bitcoin, not everybody sits on them. Even your best Bitcoin idols have trading positions..... I have watched 20% wiped off in under 60 seconds and seen it recover minutes later. Long squeeze followed by short squeeze. That wasnt done by people holding 50 coins......

There is a massive disconnect between ‘to the moon’ people and behaviour in the market right now. I said it before, everyone is so scared of missing the ramp they are not looking at the downside risk. Last night is a prime example.

We just saw Elon Musk stir people into a frenzy. Popular people retweeted stirring even more people. Social media going balls out ‘to the moon’. We witnessed another GME moment.Insane buying power reversing a bear trend, breaking several resistance lines, crushing shorts in seconds.......BUT..... if you were watching the ticker live you would see some sledgehammers laying utter waste to the buying army.

In 1 tick they were wiping -2% off the price completely absorbing order book depth and those were raining down on the buying army at 37k-38k like machine gun fire. Blink and you would miss them. They would have been happening so fast the ticker would have only captured a handful and I’d wager almost no one saw them because they were so preoccupied with this being a ‘to the moon’ run.

Now look.......the smoke has cleared and It’s skirting 34.2k which was yesterday’s resistance line and now the last line of support before it wipes off all gains and heads back into the 31k-33k range where it all started. Make no mistake the large sellers all short at the same time they sell and they buy the dips which increases their net position. They gain ground which makes it all the more intriguing.

This should be an eye opener for Bitcoin fanatics. Large holders (your so called brothers in arms) just prevented what was the biggest hype spike buying run in bitcoin’s history from going anywhere.....that fucker had enough steam to moon the bastard, no joke. We would have hit 55k in a day no sweat if it was allowed to.

Let’s be real here, Rhetorical question is why and who would stop such a thing?

My takeaway from this is we just saw BTC get nuked.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4643 on: January 29, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »
What are terrorists going to buy with Bitcoin? ???

steroids and that's about it.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #4644 on: January 29, 2021, 01:24:57 PM »

X2. If you have money in a bank and are a criminal that means the banks support criminals.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4645 on: January 29, 2021, 02:17:24 PM »
Exactly the point.

If you watched the trading charts you wouldn’t have made that post. People trade Bitcoin, not everybody sits on them. Even your best Bitcoin idols have trading positions..... I have watched 20% wiped off in under 60 seconds and seen it recover minutes later. Long squeeze followed by short squeeze. That wasnt done by people holding 50 coins......

There is a massive disconnect between ‘to the moon’ people and behaviour in the market right now. I said it before, everyone is so scared of missing the ramp they are not looking at the downside risk. Last night is a prime example.

We just saw Elon Musk stir people into a frenzy. Popular people retweeted stirring even more people. Social media going balls out ‘to the moon’. We witnessed another GME moment.Insane buying power reversing a bear trend, breaking several resistance lines, crushing shorts in seconds.......BUT..... if you were watching the ticker live you would see some sledgehammers laying utter waste to the buying army.

In 1 tick they were wiping -2% off the price completely absorbing order book depth and those were raining down on the buying army at 37k-38k like machine gun fire. Blink and you would miss them. They would have been happening so fast the ticker would have only captured a handful and I’d wager almost no one saw them because they were so preoccupied with this being a ‘to the moon’ run.

Now look.......the smoke has cleared and It’s skirting 34.2k which was yesterday’s resistance line and now the last line of support before it wipes off all gains and heads back into the 31k-33k range where it all started. Make no mistake the large sellers all short at the same time they sell and they buy the dips which increases their net position. They gain ground which makes it all the more intriguing.

This should be an eye opener for Bitcoin fanatics. Large holders (your so called brothers in arms) just prevented what was the biggest hype spike buying run in bitcoin’s history from going anywhere.....that fucker had enough steam to moon the bastard, no joke. We would have hit 55k in a day no sweat if it was allowed to.

Let’s be real here, Rhetorical question is why and who would stop such a thing?

My takeaway from this is we just saw BTC get nuked.

If that's the case, why would anyone even entertain buying this? should we be bailing?

I know I"ve said it before but thanks,  your input is eye opening to things the rest of us might have missed.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4646 on: January 29, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »

ISIS has been funded by billions of dollars. This is all bullshit. The US dollar is being used for illegal activities everywhere and has been for more than a century. The amount of illegal transactions in FIAT USD is more than the market cap of Bitcoin!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/isis-funding-billion-dollar-extremist-group

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4647 on: January 29, 2021, 03:45:55 PM »
If that's the case, why would anyone even entertain buying this? should we be bailing?

I know I"ve said it before but thanks,  your input is eye opening to things the rest of us might have missed.

Well it’s at 34.1k with 15mins to print a close for the day. It is less than a 1% drop away from being in the previous range which was a pullback trend into the 20s just like I said.

I didn’t buy into it last night. I wasn’t going to do anything until I saw it break 40k resistance. A massive number jumped in and got wrecked. Brutal slaying of peasants. Not a peep from Twitter now after people went full retard to the moon and now look.....carnage.

In other words, it didn’t change a thing. It’ll end up right back where it was before this all happened and on it’s way down to 21k. Having said that, people have pissed off enough banks right now so I’d suggest the odds of a massive takedown to 11k-14k just got a lot higher......

The reason Elon changed his tag was as a reaction to the market manipulation of the latest GME and others. He wanted a run on BTC but I’d say he wasn’t aware he started a death March.

The eye opener wasn’t the ability to create a bullrun in minutes. It was to see a bullrun that by all account should have succeeded, get nuked in seconds. Insane. Brutal. Heinous. You need to respect whoever did that is in control of the market.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4648 on: January 29, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
Well it’s at 34.1k with 15mins to print a close for the day. It is less than a 1% drop away from being in the previous range which was a pullback trend into the 20s just like I said.

I didn’t buy into it last night. I wasn’t going to do anything until I saw it break 40k resistance. A massive number jumped in and got wrecked. Brutal slaying of peasants. Not a peep from Twitter now after people went full retard to the moon and now look.....carnage.

In other words, it didn’t change a thing. It’ll end up right back where it was before this all happened and on it’s way down to 21k. Having said that, people have pissed off enough banks right now so I’d suggest the odds of a massive takedown to 11k-14k just got a lot higher......

The reason Elon changed his tag was as a reaction to the market manipulation of the latest GME and others. He wanted a run on BTC but I’d say he wasn’t aware he started a death March.

The eye opener wasn’t the ability to create a bullrun in minutes. It was to see a bullrun that by all account should have succeeded, get nuked in seconds. Insane. Brutal. Heinous. You need to respect whoever did that is in control of the market.

Do you think we will still see your earlier call of new highs eventually or did this change things? Should we just cut our loses and get out while we can still save something or wait? I'm sticking around for the long run for now but I'd like to hear your opinion and take into consideration. You clearly know what yoire talking about

Do you mind youn receive a pm with a couple of questions?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4649 on: January 29, 2021, 04:34:26 PM »
Range in play is 34.2k -35.5k or 36k.

Downward trend pressure applies meaning the odds are much higher for a break down than a break up.