Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 769239 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5350 on: February 27, 2021, 08:22:29 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Cardano passes up Ethereum in market share over the next 12 months.

Of course with Bitcoin you don't have to worry about this because it stands alone and has a giant moat.

I expect a dog fight between that next tier which includes Ethereum, Cardano and Polkadot. I wish the best of luck for people who choose to speculate on who comes out on top.

I'm not concerned with bitcoin. Its a long term investment and it will do well for those holding.
If ETH continues this slow bleed for the next week or so, I think.its possible to see a dramatic drop down as more people shift their money around to alternatives.

Potential for $1100 Eth is a real possibility  imo.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5351 on: February 27, 2021, 08:42:36 AM »
I'm not concerned with bitcoin. Its a long term investment and it will do well for those holding.
If ETH continues this slow bleed for the next week or so, I think.its possible to see a dramatic drop down as more people shift their money around to alternatives.

Potential

$1100 Eth is a real possibility  imo.

It wouldn't surprise me.

A few years ago it was Neo, EOS, IOTA, Tron and others that were "all the rage" and youtube videos were being produced with these fantastical price predictions (based on very little fundamental value imo)

Ethereum is not immune to this because of the competition it is surrounded by.

Bitcoin has no competition so long time holders don't have to worry about that.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5352 on: February 27, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »
https://dailyhodl.com/2021/02/27/crypto-giant-grayscale-buys-709000000-in-bitcoin-and-ethereum-in-less-than-a-month/

Crypto Giant Grayscale Buys $709,000,000 in Bitcoin and Ethereum in Less Than a Month

Digital asset manager Grayscale has added hundreds of millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) to its crypto portfolio in the last few weeks.

According to crypto trading and intelligence platform Bybt, the crypto behemoth tallied up an additional 7,280 BTC worth $348.28 million and 240,000 Ethereum worth $361.5 million to its crypto holdings from February 1st to February 26th.

In total, Grayscale pushed its total GBTC and ETHE holdings by $709.2 million this month.

As for the company’s Ethereum Trust (ETHE), Grayscale started the month of February with 2.93 million ETH in its portfolio. By February 26th, the company pushed up its total ETH holdings to 3.17 million.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5353 on: February 27, 2021, 01:08:16 PM »

How is fake coins situation in Nairobi (Kenya)  :D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5354 on: February 27, 2021, 01:24:27 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me.

A few years ago it was Neo, EOS, IOTA, Tron and others that were "all the rage" and youtube videos were being produced with these fantastical price predictions (based on very little fundamental value imo)

Ethereum is not immune to this because of the competition it is surrounded by.

Bitcoin has no competition so long time holders don't have to worry about that.
Funny thing is EOS and TRON were labeled Ethereum killers. Look where they are now. Ethereum has been around since 2013. Cardano came out in 2017 and the price tanked from a high of $1.50 or so down to a few pennies in 2018-2019.

Also right now people are buying ADA on the hype. It does not have any real projects running so we'll have to see how it performs in the real world.

Hoskinson claims governance makes it better than Ethereum and Bitcoin. Note that both Bitcoin and Ethereum do not have governance built in. Go read up on the pros and cons of governance. It is not a sure bet that it is a superior method to roll out updates.

There are also rumors that Cardano scammed a bunch of Japanese investors. They did an ICO in Japan to avoid the SEC calling them a security. You could never mine ADA. So it is like XRP in some ways where an initial coin or token offering was launched.

The SEC has already claimed that Ethereum and Bitcoin are not securities.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5355 on: February 27, 2021, 01:35:23 PM »
I also have some ADA.

What are your views on Polkadot?
I have not looked into it much. Can't buy it on Binance and the Coinbase fees are too damn high to get in on it for me. I wish Binance offered it. But they probably want to push their Binance Smart Chain. I would not be surprised if Binance starts playing dirty with Cardano like they did with Ethereum once Cardano is live with their projects. Remember Binance stopped Ethereum trading recently for a period with the lie that it was congested - which it was not. Binance basically forked Ethereum and centralized it for the speed and lower fees. So how can you call something DEFI or Decentralized Financing when it is Centralized? That's CEFI! Like banks and lenders which we are trying to move away from!

The Polkadot founder also split from Ethereum like the Cardano founder. All three including Buterin are rock stars in the crypto space.

There's billions or even trillions of dollars to share and I think there should be a good spirit competition. Nobody wants to see millions of investors lose all their holdings because one guy or group tries to destroy the other guy. That shit talking could lead to death threats or even worse if many are financially harmed because of some major FUD. The Polkadot guy is not talking as much shit as Hoskinson as far as I am aware. I'll have to read up on him more he is very academic with a PHD i think.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5356 on: February 27, 2021, 01:49:25 PM »
Why would it drop after the hard fork?
Because that is the hype that is causing the run. And nothing goes up forever. You think Cardano is the only one going 10x from here while everything else is sitting on the sidelines? I have ADA myself but don't see only ADA doing well at the expense of other projects.

Remember Cardano has not even yet hit ATH from 2018. Ethereum and Bitcoin already went past their ATH. That reason and all the hype is why it is shooting up at the moment. Combine that with a lot of Ethereum FUD and there could be a correction after hard fork because then it has been done and what do you hype now?

Also 72% of ADA is staked. That is why ADA did not do so bad recently compared to other cryptos. Because people that panicked literally could not sell their ADA like Bitcoin, Ethereum and other holders could. Their ADA is locked up in staking.

Actually it looks like ADA has already corrected. It was $1.47 a few hours ago and now $1.35. Boy would you feel like a fool converting ETH to ADA right when ADA was at $1.47.

That being said I do plan on getting more ADA and BTC. I am heavily weighed in ETH and need to spread it out a bit. I'll be looking for dips to make another entry.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5357 on: February 27, 2021, 03:25:24 PM »
Because that is the hype that is causing the run. And nothing goes up forever. You think Cardano is the only one going 10x from here while everything else is sitting on the sidelines? I have ADA myself but don't see only ADA doing well at the expense of other projects.

Remember Cardano has not even yet hit ATH from 2018. Ethereum and Bitcoin already went past their ATH. That reason and all the hype is why it is shooting up at the moment. Combine that with a lot of Ethereum FUD and there could be a correction after hard fork because then it has been done and what do you hype now?

Also 72% of ADA is staked. That is why ADA did not do so bad recently compared to other cryptos. Because people that panicked literally could not sell their ADA like Bitcoin, Ethereum and other holders could. Their ADA is locked up in staking.

Actually it looks like ADA has already corrected. It was $1.47 a few hours ago and now $1.35. Boy would you feel like a fool converting ETH to ADA right when ADA was at $1.47.

That being said I do plan on getting more ADA and BTC. I am heavily weighed in ETH and need to spread it out a bit. I'll be looking for dips to make another entry.

Appreciate the response.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5358 on: February 28, 2021, 12:50:09 AM »
Investment Firm Launches the First 'Crypto Hedge Fund' in Spain- Plans to Expand Across Europe, Latin America

In Spain, an investment company has begun to promote what they called the “first crypto hedge fund.” The product has been registered in Malta by Avenue Investment Crypto, headed by a crypto advocate, Martin Huete.

Investments Allocated Mainly in Bitcoin and Ethereum.

The investment company seeks to promote the fund across Spain, Portugal, and North Europe. Moreover, the second stage targets Latin America and the rest of Europe.

According to Infobae, the hedge fund “exclusively” targets qualified investors whose minimum investment starts at 100,000 euros ($120,600). However, anyone who would like to join the crypto hedge fund should prove to the firm that they hold assets for 750,000 euros ($904,900).

The fiat serving as base currency fund is the euro, and Avenue Investment Crypto clarified all profits accrue.

Firm Expects to Raise $122 Million by the End of 2021.

https://news.bitcoin.com/investment-firm-launches-the-first-crypto-hedge-fund-in-spain-plans-to-expand-across-europe-latin-america/

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5359 on: February 28, 2021, 04:45:14 AM »
$ 44,752.16

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #5360 on: February 28, 2021, 04:56:27 AM »
Party is over, 2k by the end of the year 8)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5361 on: February 28, 2021, 05:41:32 AM »
Party is over, 2k by the end of the year 8)

lol, hardly over.

Again, people were cheering when it passed the 20,000 ath. Then 30, then 40. Many seem to forget just how high its climbed and how quickly. Its a major achievement.  No doubt, if you bought near the top, you're not too happy about the current situation but people need to again be reminded that 30 to 40 percent corrections and the following climb from that to new ath is nothing new.

If it can bounce off the 42000k area  it will most likely head to new highs again by the summer. If not, theres a good chance this bull cycle will cool off considerably as most people who entered late head for the exits and things snowball. Overall though, BTC isnt going anywhere and the next cycle will exceed this current one in regards to ath's. 

The 1.9 trillion dollar stimulus will be a factor as well.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5362 on: February 28, 2021, 05:56:06 AM »
After forming a decent reverse cup and handle on the 4 hour chart, Ethereum did head lower and is now testing the low 1340 support area. if it goes below that I would reckon a precipitous drop as its currently roughly 10% below a major ascending trend line and dropping. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5363 on: February 28, 2021, 06:55:35 AM »
A lot of institutional investors are still buying BTC and ETH which is at least a good sign for the long-term.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5364 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:43 AM »
A little update from my connections (and they are good).

Institutions and funds are continuing to quietly accumulate in stealth mode. Not everyone want to (or need to) announce their buys.

Musk and Larry Ellison, among many others are quietly acquiring Bitcoin, through various ways. Again, stealth is the key.

Over in Asia, we are seeing very interesting things in China. The Government is putting out various types of "anti-bitcoin" social media messaging, yet there has been an absolute surge in the elite, wealthy and educated in wanting to acquire Bitcoin. (Think the same types who have property outside of China already, kids who have studied in the US, secret "2nd passports" (as officially not allowed). Fascinating to see this evolve - we are taking Billions and Billions of Yuan seeking a haven in BTC. Maybe made even stronger due to concerns about the Chinese digital currency (which will monitor and control each and every citizen).

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5365 on: February 28, 2021, 07:44:08 AM »
A little update from my connections (and they are good).

Institutions and funds are continuing to quietly accumulate in stealth mode. Not everyone want to (or need to) announce their buys.

Musk and Larry Ellison, among many others are quietly acquiring Bitcoin, through various ways. Again, stealth is the key.

Over in Asia, we are seeing very interesting things in China. The Government is putting out various types of "anti-bitcoin" social media messaging, yet there has been an absolute surge in the elite, wealthy and educated in wanting to acquire Bitcoin. (Think the same types who have property outside of China already, kids who have studied in the US, secret "2nd passports" (as officially not allowed). Fascinating to see this evolve - we are taking Billions and Billions of Yuan seeking a haven in BTC. Maybe made even stronger due to concerns about the Chinese digital currency (which will monitor and control each and every citizen).

There have been a lot of giant withdrawls from mining pools lately which correlates with your comment.  But lets be real, the long trading looks ugly right now.  See how things pan out in the next couple of days.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5366 on: February 28, 2021, 08:18:55 AM »
https://news.bitcoin.com/institutional-investors-crypto-exchange-traded-products-assets/

Institutional Investors Pile Into Crypto Exchange-Traded Products: Managed Assets Rise to $44 Billion This Month

The total assets under management across all crypto exchange-traded products (ETPs) worldwide have risen 50% this month to nearly $44 billion.

Most of the investments into crypto exchange products are made by institutional investors, particularly hedge funds.

In its Q4 2020 report, Grayscale wrote that “Institutions are here,” noting that institutions accounted for 93% of all its capital inflows during the period.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5367 on: February 28, 2021, 09:43:03 AM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5369 on: February 28, 2021, 12:18:29 PM »

OMG, if gib (G.Vince) relocates to Afro planet, fake coin could colapse  :'( :'( :'(

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5371 on: March 01, 2021, 05:16:32 AM »
Bitcoin could become the “currency of choice for international trade”, says Citi

US banking giant Citi has authored a new report which suggests bitcoin could become “an international trade currency” as it evolves.

The report, entitled “Bitcoin: At the Tipping Point”, charts the evolution of bitcoin from a form of payment to its current status as a store of value. The authors forecast that bitcoin’s core properties combined with its global reach and neutrality could see it morph into the “currency of choice” for international trade in around seven years.

“Perceptions about what makes bitcoin important continue to evolve and create new opportunities while increasing its perception towards becoming mainstream,” the report states.

“A focus on global reach and neutrality could see bitcoin become an international trade currency. This would take advantage of bitcoin’s decentralized and borderless design, its lack of foreign exchange exposure, its speed and cost advantage in moving money, the security of its payments, and its traceability.”

Citi’s report explain that bitcoin, in the role of a global trade currency, could be used by importers and exporters to pay for goods and services directly – simplifying the process of international trade. A decentralized cryptocurrency may be preferred to a Central Bank Digital Currency, it argues, because “no government or outside entity can take steps that might affect the supply of the trade currency, helping to decouple trade from political considerations.”

Citi’s researchers noted, however, that a number of potential barriers stand in the way of this vision coming to fruition.

The report highlighted bitcoin’s scalability issues, pointing to 2020 analysis which suggests that bitcoin can handle on average 5 transactions per second – which is some 4,800 times slower than the Visa network’s capacity.

Increased adoption by institutional investors has been a big tailwind for bitcoin in the past year, the report states, but a range of potential risks could derail uptake.

“The entrance of institutional investors has sparked confidence in cryptocurrency but there are still persistent issues that could limit widespread adoption,” the report states.

“For institutional investors, these include concerns over capital efficiency, insurance and custody, security, and ESG considerations from bitcoin mining.”

The report concludes by stating that bitcoin is as “the tipping point of its existence”, noting that its evolution will have wide-ranging repercussions.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/96599/bitcoin-international-trade-currency-citi

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5372 on: March 01, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »
Kevin Oleary from Sharktank,  just  stated hes supportive of bitcoin and cryprto after shitting all over it for the longest time

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5373 on: March 01, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »
Twitter may be purchasing 1.2 billion in bitcoin.

Passed 50k

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5374 on: March 01, 2021, 04:53:54 PM »
https://cnots.com/2021/02/25/scaling-coming-to-ethereum-in-march-optimism-announces-mainnet-launch/

Ethereum (ETH) fans are celebrating the news that Ethereum scaling solution, Optimism, is now set to launch on the network’s mainnet next month, ahead of schedule. But what does this mean both for Ethereum and its users?

“Mainnet in March. Scaling is coming to Ethereum,” commented SetProtocol product marketing manager Anthony Sassano on the latest announcement by Optimism: the team has said that they’ll be launching arbitrary contract deployment on mainnet in March instead of public testnet, with details to follow.

So what’s the big deal? Layer 1 (L1) is the base protocol (the Ethereum blockchain), while Layer 2 (L2) is any protocol built on top of Ethereum. Optimism is an L2 scaling solution, which allows for the Ethereum mainnet to be ‘unburdened’ from the great number of transactions it has to process. It uses optimistic rollups to achieve lower fees and latency, as well as greater throughput compared to Ethereum L1 alone. The team behind Optimism was funded by venture firm a16z (Andreessen Horowitz) back in November – a round that enabled the latest Optimism hires and with them, expedited timeline, the team said.

“I’m not sure if people realize how huge a deal this is. Moving from L1 Ethereum to optimistic rollups is like going from dial-up to broadband,” argued Redditor frank__costello, adding that L2 solutions are likely to have a greater impact on the end-user than Ethereum 2.0. “No more crazy gas fees, no more waiting for transactions to get mined.”

Furthermore, unlike the already existing L2 solutions, some of which are sidechains of Ethereum, some state channels, either prompting centralization questions or are unable to scale smart contracts, Optimism utilizes rollups, much praised by Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin. He said that “that rollups will be the dominant scaling paradigm for at least a couple of years,” proposing “rollups on top of sharding” for ETH 2.0.

Rollup is a scaling technique that keeps transaction data on-chain in a compressed form, with the computation pushed off-chain, leaving the computation, such as signature verification, contract execution, zero-knowledge (ZK) proof execution, and others, to be verified in a ZK-Rollup or Optimistic Rollup. These would theoretically allow more transactions per second (TPS) – thousands compared to the current tens. Once Phase 1 of ETH 2.0 is introduced, the number will go as high as 100,000 TPS, Buterin suggested.

It is estimated that existing dapps on Ethereum can simply copy/paste their code to Optimism and migrate to it starting March, while Coinbase wallet already offered support for the solution.

Additionally, a16z described Optimism as “an extension of Ethereum, [with] adherence to Ethereum development paradigms, [which] results in a very easy transition for developers, wallets and users.”

Ethereum supporters are also arguing that this means death for a number of other chains, naming Binance Smart Chain, Polkadot (DOT), Avalanche (AVAX), and Solana (SOL) as a few. Others added that it’s the competition, such as Cardano (ADA), that has accelerated Ethereum scaling.

And as this was developing, Ethereum core developers are looking at April 15 as the date for the upcoming Berlin hard fork. This upgrade encompasses five Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIP), including updates to gas cost efficiencies and the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). The first testnet in the series is expected to fork in the first half of March.

At the time of writing (12:57 PM UTC), ETH trades at USD 1,636 and is down by 4% in a day and 11.5% in a week. It rallied by 23% in a month and 516% in a year.