Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768417 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5650 on: March 28, 2021, 10:49:01 AM »
Has eth 2.0 been delayed again? Any confirmation on this?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5651 on: March 28, 2021, 11:32:45 AM »
Has eth 2.0 been delayed again? Any confirmation on this?
The layer 2 scaling solution called Optimism has been delayed. Uniswap 3.0 is going to use that. Basically the transactions will be confirmed off the blockchain to lower fees and improve speed. Proof of Work like Bitcoin and ETH 1.0 is a slow process with lower transaction speeds.

Optimism was supposed to be ready sometime in March and now they are saying no potentially July.

ETH 2.0 is something completely different and involves Proof of Stake. This is already up and running with billions staked in ETH 2.0. But everything is not ready to switch the entire Ethereum 1.0 network over to Ethereum 2.0. That's supposed to happen next year.

Also note that EIP-1556 where fees are burned has got nothing to do with Ethereum 2.0. It is just a plan to deflate the supply of ETH. It won't really reduce fees. That's what Layer 2 solutions like Optimism is for. There are other Layer 2 solutions for Ethereum also. Optimism is just one. Multiple Layer 2s will be used. Layer 2 is also proposed for Bitcoin.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5652 on: March 28, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
I agree with Bitboy. Shame on the Cardano community for badmouthing Ethereum 24/7. Ethereum developers are not doing this to Cardano. Cardano fans are like a cult. It's time to get out of something when it becomes a cult.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5653 on: March 28, 2021, 11:43:52 AM »

U.S. should repay China debt with a bitcoin  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5654 on: March 28, 2021, 12:11:30 PM »

China owes USA for the Chinese CCP Virus. Forget about debt!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5655 on: March 28, 2021, 03:05:37 PM »
The layer 2 scaling solution called Optimism has been delayed. Uniswap 3.0 is going to use that. Basically the transactions will be confirmed off the blockchain to lower fees and improve speed. Proof of Work like Bitcoin and ETH 1.0 is a slow process with lower transaction speeds.

Optimism was supposed to be ready sometime in March and now they are saying no potentially July.

ETH 2.0 is something completely different and involves Proof of Stake. This is already up and running with billions staked in ETH 2.0. But everything is not ready to switch the entire Ethereum 1.0 network over to Ethereum 2.0. That's supposed to happen next year.

Also note that EIP-1556 where fees are burned has got nothing to do with Ethereum 2.0. It is just a plan to deflate the supply of ETH. It won't really reduce fees. That's what Layer 2 solutions like Optimism is for. There are other Layer 2 solutions for Ethereum also. Optimism is just one. Multiple Layer 2s will be used. Layer 2 is also proposed for Bitcoin.

Cheers for your input on ETH mining. I learn more from your posts with 30s of reading than I do anywhere else.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5656 on: March 28, 2021, 03:18:14 PM »
I agree with Bitboy. Shame on the Cardano community for badmouthing Ethereum 24/7. Ethereum developers are not doing this to Cardano. Cardano fans are like a cult. It's time to get out of something when it becomes a cult.

Something people need to consider is am I liking this coin because I want the price to go up and make more money or am I liking this coin because of it’s real world adoption?

When we get a sizeable pullback these people will mostly disappear for a while as they will get wrecked.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5657 on: March 28, 2021, 05:30:29 PM »

Thanks man.
And EIP is starting in July, correct? This hasn't been delayed i hope 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5658 on: March 28, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »

Hes doing the same thing hes complaining about. he basically said if something doesn't change in April and Ethereum is still sitting at current prices, it'll be time to look elsewhere. Lol
These guys and their goofy thumbnail faces, it really makes crypto look ridiculous

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5659 on: March 28, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »

It just doesn’t feel right to me. Something has to go wrong lol.

I said the same thing when btc jumped from 200 to 400, 400-800 then hit 1k in 2016. 7 years later im desensitized to these market swings. Ive never traded in stocks, bonds ETFs. Id assume they would be a walk in the park in terms of my mental frame work. 1-5% dips at worse lol.

They had a chance to kill this thing 10years ago. Each passing day the network grows stronger as do peoples resolve and their ideas become unshakeable.

If you said to me when I first purchased  btc I would be looking at a 35000%+ I would of laughed in your face. Double my investment is what I hoped for.

Your projections  of 500k+ in a smallish time frame  arent so laughable for the initiated.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5660 on: March 28, 2021, 10:06:10 PM »

No, they are smarter then that - they repay it with USD (which they can print infinitely). Bitcoin is our defence against that as the stealth apex predator of true store of monetary value of peace...

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5661 on: March 29, 2021, 02:33:34 AM »
Hes doing the same thing hes complaining about. he basically said if something doesn't change in April and Ethereum is still sitting at current prices, it'll be time to look elsewhere. Lol
These guys and their goofy thumbnail faces, it really makes crypto look ridiculous
To his credit he said he's not going to sell his 1000+ ETH if the price does not move much in April. He has $10 million plus worth of crypto and does not need to sell ETH if the price action is slow. But he is recommending for others that want to see immediate returns to sell their ETH if it does not make a move in April.

I personally wish I got into Theta and Terra 1 year ago. Did you see how much those two went up?! Theta is up 19,650% and Terra 13,676%!

An investment of $1,000 in Theta would have resulted in a profit of $196,500 in 1 year! $10,000 would have seen a profit of $1.965 million!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5662 on: March 29, 2021, 02:35:36 AM »
Cheers for your input on ETH mining. I learn more from your posts with 30s of reading than I do anywhere else.
Thanks. Yes I've also learned a bit from your posts.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5663 on: March 29, 2021, 02:40:50 AM »
Thanks man.
And EIP is starting in July, correct? This hasn't been delayed i hope
No problem. As far as I know it has not been delayed. As a miner I am onboard with it because it will deflate the ETH supply. I don't care if my mining yield is a bit less. I never planned to mine Ethereum long term because Proof of Work was going away in any case. I do like the proposal to increase the block reward to 3 over 2 though. That would help miners offset the loss of the fee burning. But it would slow down the deflation rate short term.

I could mine others like Raven Coin or Ethereum Classic. But I think I should just sell the hardware while there is a demand for it. Then I can use that cash to buy dips.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5664 on: March 29, 2021, 05:52:33 AM »
To his credit he said he's not going to sell his 1000+ ETH if the price does not move much in April. He has $10 million plus worth of crypto and does not need to sell ETH if the price action is slow. But he is recommending for others that want to see immediate returns to sell their ETH if it does not make a move in April.

I personally wish I got into Theta and Terra 1 year ago. Did you see how much those two went up?! Theta is up 19,650% and Terra 13,676%!

An investment of $1,000 in Theta would have resulted in a profit of $196,500 in 1 year! $10,000 would have seen a profit of $1.965 million!

What are Theta and Terra?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5665 on: March 29, 2021, 09:02:07 AM »
https://cryptopotato.com/visa-to-settle-usdc-transactions-on-ethereum/

Visa to Settle USDC Transactions on Ethereum

The giant US multinational financial services corporation, Visa, will use USD Coin (USDC) to settle transactions on top of Ethereum.

Visa is to become the first large payments network to use a stablecoin as a settlement currency.

By partnering with the popular cryptocurrency exchange Crypto.com, the San Francisco-headquartered giant will offer a crypto settlement system for fiat transactions based on the Ethereum blockchain.

According to the announcement from earlier today, Visa has joined forces with Crypto.com to bring its first-ever non-fiat settlement program. 

The company’s standard settlement process requires parties to settle in a traditional fiat currency. This can “add cost and complexity for businesses built with digital currencies.”

As such, Visa will provide USDC settlements that can help cryptocurrency companies “evaluate fundamentally new business models without the need for traditional fiat in their treasury and settlement workflows.”

Essentially, the pilot will enable Crypto.com (and other crypto companies in the future) to send USDC to Visa’s Ethereum address to settle transactions under the exchange’s Visa card program. This will be possible by connecting Visa’s treasury with the crypto platform Anchorage. 

The statement also noted that the financial services giant will be able to “directly support new central bank digital currencies (CBDC) as they emerge in the future.”

“The announcement today marks a major milestone in our ability to address the needs of fintechs managing their business in a stablecoin or cryptocurrency, and it’s really an extension of what we do every day, securely facilitating payments in all different currencies all across the world.” – said Jack Forestell – Visa’s Executive Vice President and Chief Production Officer.

Previously, Crypto.com allowed customers based in Canada to apply for Visa cards. Both parties doubled-down on their relationship earlier this month when the exchange joined Visa’s network by expanding its crypto debit card program.

Interestingly, today’s announcement had an immediate positive effect on ETH’s price. The cryptocurrency has spiked above $1750 shortly after the news saw daylight.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5666 on: March 29, 2021, 01:13:29 PM »
No, they are smarter then that - they repay it with USD (which they can print infinitely). Bitcoin is our defence against that as the stealth apex predator of true store of monetary value of peace...

Black American population could be very happy in China , recent Alaskan meeting where Chings pissed all over Bidens people confirmed that  !.

:D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5667 on: March 29, 2021, 10:18:52 PM »
What are Theta and Terra?
Theta runs on Ethereum. They have deals with Samsung, Sony, Hollywood Studios
https://www.thetatoken.org/

https://medium.com/theta-network/lionsgate-films-becomes-latest-hollywood-studio-to-bring-content-to-theta-network-e94bdb0219b6

What is Theta Token
The Theta Network is a decentralized video delivery network with its own blockchain. This network aims to provide technical and economic solutions to problems in the streaming sector. The Theta blockchain is designed to incentivize the sharing of bandwidth across the network. Users of the network are able to contribute their excess bandwidth and computing resources in exchange for token rewards; Theta Tokens.

The goal of Theta Token
The Theta Token (THETA) is the governance token of the Theta blockchain. The token and its functionalities are used to stimulate users to share their memory and bandwidth, in order to improve the quality of stream delivery and lower the costs of bandwidth. Theta Token runs on the Ethereum blockchain and can be 1:1 exchanged for the native Theta Token. There are 1,000,000,000 Theta tokens in circulation, which is also the total amount of tokens the platform intends to issue.

How Does Theta Blockchain Work?
Theta is an ERC-20compliant decentralized video delivery network. This categorization means that Theta users can utilize the Ethereum ecosystem to simplify their crypto experience. Ethereum is the largest Dapp ecosystem in the world and ERC-20 tokens enjoy a massive variety of wallets, DEXs, and games. Theta leverages the security and efficiency of Ethereum and combines it with various proprietary technologies to improve the quality of stream delivery.

Theta Blockchain
The Theta blockchain is the only end-to-end infrastructure for decentralized video streaming and delivery at this time. The blockchain’s design permits maximum functionality in this regard. For example, the system can pull streams from peering caching nodes. This approach allows video platforms to significantly reduce content delivery network (CDN) costs.

Theta Tokens
Theta tokens are the governance token of the Theta network. They provide users with a host of functionalities. This token is what you use to stake as a Validator or Guardian node, to produce blocks, and to participate in the protocol’s governance. There are 1,000,000,000 Theta tokens in circulation at this time. Interestingly, this is also the total amount of tokens the platform intends to issue.

TFUEL
TFUEL tokens function as the man utility token in the Theta ecosystem. These tokens serve multiple purposes within the network. Primarily, TFUEL tokens incentive and encourage individual users to share their redundant computing and bandwidth resources as caching or relay nodes for video streams.

Theta.tv
Theta.tv is the network’s main streaming service. Users can view and post their videos from here. Impressively, this Dapp is set to be included on future Samsung Galaxy phones. The integration will put Theta software on 75 million existing devices. Consequently, this move would give Theta a worldwide user base moving forward.

Consensus Mechanism
Theta introduces a new form of the Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism known as Multi-Level BFT. This style of consensus is much faster than traditional Proof-of-work systems. The Multi-level BFT mechanism utilizes a small set of nodes to speed up approvals.

Specifically, a small group of nodes acts as a “Validator committee.” Once these nodes give the first approval, a much larger group, consisting of thousands of nodes, known as the “Guardian Pool”, fully validates the transactions and adds them to the blockchain. Keenly, this mechanism provides Theta with high transaction throughput.

Resource-Oriented Micropayment Pool
Theta also introduces a resource-oriented micropayments pool to streamline the network process. This protocol creates an off-chain micropayment pool that any other user can withdraw from using off-chain transactions.

History of The Theta Blockchain
Theta entered the market in 2018 following a $20 million private token sale hosted a year prior. The San Francisco-based firm behind this project is Theta Labs. Originally, Theta developers chose to host the platform on Ethereum. Since that time, the firm has gone on to construct a native blockchain.

Theta has seen growing interest from investors. The platform’s Co-Founder and chief executive officer, Mitch Liu is well known in the industry as a pioneering force. Additionally, Theta managed to secure some big-name advisors. These advisors include the Co-Founder of YouTube, Steve Chen, and Justin Kan, the Co-Founder of the gaming streaming platform, Twitch. In November 2018, Tencent Games announced a collaboration with SLIVER.tv to bring Theta rewards to Ring of Elysium players.

How to Buy Theta
Theta is available on many popular exchanges at this time. Binance, the world’s top exchange in terms of market capitalization, offers users easy access to Theta. To utilize Binance, you will need to register for the exchange. There are desktop and mobile Dapp versions available to suit your needs.

The signup process for Binance is simple. The initial part only takes seconds. However, it can take a couple of days to complete your KYC/AML compliance because it requires you to submit a photo ID and await approval. Once your account is active, you need to fund your wallet.

Funding your wallet requires you to load fiat currency onto it and then convert these funds into cryptocurrency, or load Bitcoin or Ethereum directly. The latter option allows you to start trading instantly. If you load fiat currency, you will want to convert it to Bitcoin or Ethereum as those are the two Theta trading pairs offered at this time.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5668 on: March 29, 2021, 10:22:43 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5669 on: March 29, 2021, 10:26:31 PM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5670 on: March 30, 2021, 07:36:17 AM »
https://beincrypto.com/visa-settlements-enhance-ethereum-as-ultra-sound-money/

Visa Settlements Enhance Ethereum as ‘Ultra Sound Money’

The big news that Visa Inc. will be settling transactions for USD Coin using Ethereum is no doubt bullish — but what impact will it have on network scaling and the economy?

On March 29, global payments company Visa announced the use of Circle’s USD Coin to settle transactions on its network. Visa is launching a pilot program with the Crypto.com platform, which will settle payments over the Ethereum network.

In reaction to the big news, David Hoffman penned his latest Bankless DeFi newsletter titled “Visa is going to pay ETH holders.”

He explains how Visa using its own payments network, which can process 1,500 transactions per second, is a way to scale USDC payments on Ethereum.

Ultra Sound Money

Hoffman notes that Visa’s scaling capacity is only something a centralized service provider can offer at the moment. In a similar operation to Layer 2 rollups, which batch transactions into one and process them off the main chain, he commented; 

“Thousands of transactions can happen internally on Visa’s network, and then Visa can make a single, batched transaction to Ethereum that updates the balances of its partners that leverage Visa for USDC transfers.”

While this does not directly scale Ethereum, it reinforces the premise that ETH is “ultra sound money.”

The blog post goes on to suggest how the development could be seen as “rugging the Fed.” The Federal Reserve and the U.S. Dollar have a monopoly as the greenback is the world’s reserve currency, and the Fed controls the ledger, he noted.

Visa settling USDC on Ethereum does not change this. All dollars settle back to the Fed. However, it does move a great deal of economic activity into the Ethereum ecosystem.

Visa is just a settlement platform without its own asset. So, when things grow beyond crypto banks and USDC there could be future integrations with decentralized stablecoins such as DAI or even wBTC.

Ethereum Price Reaction

Ethereum prices reacted to the news with an 8% pump to reach an intraday high of $1,830. Although prices have cooled off a little on Tuesday morning, the asset is still up 5.7% on the day. ETH was changing hands at $1,804 at the time of press, according to CoinGecko.

ETH prices have made 142% since the beginning of 2021. It’s even outperformed Bitcoin, which has made around 97% over the same period.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5671 on: March 30, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-knocking-on-door-of-60-000-again-on-news-from-paypal-visa-and-dapper-labs-11617134351

PayPal said it would start letting its U.S. customers purchase items with Bitcoin, a move that is regarded as the latest embrace of digital assets by a traditional payments player.

The move is part of gradual but steady integration of crypto in PayPal’s payment infrastructure.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5672 on: March 31, 2021, 09:27:00 AM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-knocking-on-door-of-60-000-again-on-news-from-paypal-visa-and-dapper-labs-11617134351

PayPal said it would start letting its U.S. customers purchase items with Bitcoin, a move that is regarded as the latest embrace of digital assets by a traditional payments player.

The move is part of gradual but steady integration of crypto in PayPal’s payment infrastructure.
Why would anyone buy products with Bitcoin?  A shirt that cost $20 could end up costing you thousands if paid with Bitcoin.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5673 on: March 31, 2021, 09:33:37 AM »
Why would anyone buy products with Bitcoin?  A shirt that cost $20 could end up costing you thousands if paid with Bitcoin.

I knew guys years ago who bought a couple grand in Steroids using a few bitcoins.  Haha.  They're probably kicking themselves now.  Shit, I knew some hookers who accepted bitcoin years ago.  I wonder if those bitches are rich now.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5674 on: March 31, 2021, 09:41:13 AM »
I knew guys years ago who bought a couple grand in Steroids using a few bitcoins.  Haha.  They're probably kicking themselves now.  Shit, I knew some hookers who accepted bitcoin years ago.  I wonder if those bitches are rich now.
No, the hookers probably spent it on crack.  As a side note, have you ever met a female investor?