Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768226 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8250 on: November 03, 2021, 04:32:35 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-02/ethereum-futures-etf-more-likely-than-bitcoin-fund-bi-says?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=crypto&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

Crypto Might See An Ethereum Futures ETF More Before Spot Bitcoin Funds

U.S. regulators are more likely to approve an Ethereum futures-based ETF before giving the greenlight on a fund that holds Bitcoin directly, according to Bloomberg Intelligence.

“Most market participants agree that a spot Bitcoin ETF would be superior to existing futures ETFs, yet SEC approval of the former may be delayed until late 2022 or beyond,” James Seyffart, analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence, wrote in a note Tuesday. An Ethereum futures exchange-trade fund could be approved as soon as the first quarter of next year, he estimated.

Yes. Very likely. I also think we will see more foreign physical ETFs before we see such an ETF in the US. But it will come. That will likely be the floodgate that moves BTC to the 100K mark. The delay now, is to allow all the government and institutional insiders, who know this is coming, to accumulate on the sly.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8251 on: November 04, 2021, 03:23:08 AM »
Also I'm not gonna hold it against Cowen if he doesn't give an opinion or position (at least in his free youtube content) It should really be down to the individual to use any information he provides the best way they see fit.

He copped enough shit for being a fence sitter and he changed his tune. Saylor belittled the maths he does (i doubt Saylor knew the guy's background) and he took offence and went after Saylor. If he wants to do things like that when he is the interviewer, then you better be sure as shit you are making market calls to backup that your super maths works. Otherwise it's like the high school maths teacher arguing with a billionaire about how their chalkboard maths predicts all things.......

Many alt traders, and currency traders, and stock days traders, kidd themselves about how well they are actually doing.)

Many BTC traders also kid themselves and get wrecked.

Alts allow lower investment to be offset by higher risk/reward. But you don't buy just one, that is your inner BTC maxi leading you astray. You buy a bunch of them and use the weighting for the overall performance. I have had some alts double, one go 5x, some do bugger all so overall my weighted bag is 60% ahead of my BTC/ETH performance.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8252 on: November 04, 2021, 09:09:03 PM »

Many BTC traders also kid themselves and get wrecked.

For sure, especially newbees. The key is to learn the importance of hodl, and to understand that short term vol does not conflict with a long term trend.

Alts allow lower investment to be offset by higher risk/reward. But you don't buy just one, that is your inner BTC maxi leading you astray. You buy a bunch of them and use the weighting for the overall performance. I have had some alts double, one go 5x, some do bugger all so overall my weighted bag is 60% ahead of my BTC/ETH performance.

Yes, obviously the capacity of any lower market capped alt to increase is greater than a large cap. I can create an alt for $1, sell it for $10 and make a 1000% gain. Harder to do with a trillion dollar market capped stock. Hence the appeal of alts to some. Which is all good on the way up, and which is why a basket of "leading alts" will likely outperform ETH on the way up, and why ETH in turn will outperform BTC on the way up, with BTC being the centre of gravity around which all alts float.

The key is to know when things are going up (or down), as the same reverse happens to alts on in an overall decline. And so this is the crux of the issue - people kid themselves in thinking that they can predict market cycles. (Basic game theory that half the people, on average must be on the wrong side of this bet). So unless they are fortunate enough to sell, all those "big gains" in alts evaporate on a decline as money moves into safe haven BTC. If you can do this successfully, great. But reality is that over time, very few people (even very sophisticated investors) can do it long term. And hence, usually lessons are learned every big downward cycle adjustment.

There are of course a few tactics you can deploy to help reduce downside risk - for example always jeep a balance of 10 alt / 20 / Eth / 70 BTC and then rotated in and out, depending on these rations going up or down. I would also urge anyone thinking they can outperform with alts to truly track their alt portfolio against both a theoretical 100% BTC and 100% cash portfolio. Everyone I have challenged to do this since 2017 has eventually come to the same conclusion that they were indeed deluding themselves in how they viewed their longer term trading performance in alts. It's well worth doing as an exercise, if only to keep yourself honest to yourself! That is not to say that its not fun trading alts. Its certainly more exciting to see more vol, and so if you get a pleasure from that, that in itself is something of value (much like betting on horses, despite knowing that in the long run its a losing proposition).

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8253 on: November 04, 2021, 10:10:01 PM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8254 on: November 04, 2021, 11:12:01 PM »
Raoul Pal now holds 70% ETH, 25% Alts and 5% BTC in his portfolio.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2021/10/former-goldman-sachs-exec-explains-why-his-crypto-portfolio-is-70-eth-5-btc/amp/

He switched out a few months back.

His price predictions are very dubious. There is no 'we are all gunna make it'. He will tell everyone it's going to be over 250k so that you keep holding and buying while he dumps onto you....... i mean, he did dump his BTC onto plebs.

But he also has a residence in the Caymans so he isn't paying any tax and can switch around his crypto holdings easily.

We are about to begin a weekend and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see BTC hit a new ATH.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8255 on: November 04, 2021, 11:55:29 PM »
He switched out a few months back.

His price predictions are very dubious. There is no 'we are all gunna make it'. He will tell everyone it's going to be over 250k so that you keep holding and buying while he dumps onto you....... i mean, he did dump his BTC onto plebs.

But he also has a residence in the Caymans so he isn't paying any tax and can switch around his crypto holdings easily.

We are about to begin a weekend and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see BTC hit a new ATH.

Wouldn’t surprise me either to see another BTC high this weekend.

The point he made is that at the moment ETH has potential for higher returns compared to BTC, though with slightly more risk.

If BTC doubles from here, ETH will probably 3X.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8256 on: November 05, 2021, 03:08:26 AM »
Raoul Pal now holds 70% ETH, 25% Alts and 5% BTC in his portfolio.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2021/10/former-goldman-sachs-exec-explains-why-his-crypto-portfolio-is-70-eth-5-btc/amp/

Pal is like Vays, Woo, Clemente and all other smoke selling douche bags. If you listen carefully, Pal tells you what to buy, not when to buy it. That and the fact that his real goal is to sell his Real Vision product, which he shills every two words. And Real Vision isn't really that useful either, it sells macro information and gives you an "informed" view of the markets via interviews of people of shady pedigree. I mean, Brett Johnson? Lyn Alden? 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8257 on: November 05, 2021, 06:12:07 AM »
For sure, especially newbees. The key is to learn the importance of hodl, and to understand that short term vol does not conflict with a long term trend.

Yes, obviously the capacity of any lower market capped alt to increase is greater than a large cap. I can create an alt for $1, sell it for $10 and make a 1000% gain. Harder to do with a trillion dollar market capped stock. Hence the appeal of alts to some. Which is all good on the way up, and which is why a basket of "leading alts" will likely outperform ETH on the way up, and why ETH in turn will outperform BTC on the way up, with BTC being the centre of gravity around which all alts float.

The key is to know when things are going up (or down), as the same reverse happens to alts on in an overall decline. And so this is the crux of the issue - people kid themselves in thinking that they can predict market cycles. (Basic game theory that half the people, on average must be on the wrong side of this bet). So unless they are fortunate enough to sell, all those "big gains" in alts evaporate on a decline as money moves into safe haven BTC. If you can do this successfully, great. But reality is that over time, very few people (even very sophisticated investors) can do it long term. And hence, usually lessons are learned every big downward cycle adjustment.

There are of course a few tactics you can deploy to help reduce downside risk - for example always jeep a balance of 10 alt / 20 / Eth / 70 BTC and then rotated in and out, depending on these rations going up or down. I would also urge anyone thinking they can outperform with alts to truly track their alt portfolio against both a theoretical 100% BTC and 100% cash portfolio. Everyone I have challenged to do this since 2017 has eventually come to the same conclusion that they were indeed deluding themselves in how they viewed their longer term trading performance in alts. It's well worth doing as an exercise, if only to keep yourself honest to yourself! That is not to say that its not fun trading alts. Its certainly more exciting to see more vol, and so if you get a pleasure from that, that in itself is something of value (much like betting on horses, despite knowing that in the long run its a losing proposition).

HumbleGibissist still at it.

You leave out one crucial bit of information in your brand of FUD against ALTs. Not all ALTs are the same. They vary from being complete garbage to potentially being pillars in Web 3.0

Put effort into finding ALT projects worth hodling and any "timing of the market" and "selling for big gains" along the way is just a nice bonus.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8258 on: November 06, 2021, 02:38:02 AM »
Alts vary from being complete garbage to potentially being pillars in Web 3.0

Put effort into finding ALT projects worth hodling and any "timing of the market" and "selling for big gains" along the way is just a nice bonus.

I agree with you. Yes, the vast amount of "projects" are alt scams, but I agree that some are legit and may add true value. The problem here is that almost no-one alt-trading values them for their project's calculated economic worth. In other words just because something provides value does not mean its current price is justified.  I've actually tried doing a calculation of value with UniSwap and Efinity. Both have a theoretical value that can be calculated, but there are so many factors in the mix that is almost impossible to calculate in practice.

With Bitcoin this dilemma is of course much easier, as its entire value is as a fundamental base layer store of wealth. The problem with the many "alt projects" that are not outright scams, is that there is a coin issued against the project which has its value ultimately tied to the success of the project it was issued for, (which in turn is extremely difficult to calculate). It is only a minute % of alt investors who would actually apply an economic valuation metric to an alt. Almost all simply look at "trading patterns", or base their decisions on ridiculous factors such as "the price is cheaper so I get more of them" or "it has a cool sounding name". Remember also that some protocols that are pillars of 3.0 may be widely adopted but essentially free. So don't be confused with functional use vs coin value on those either. Anyhow, good luck. Short term its all sentiment driven. Mark my words, you will learn an alt lesson in due course. (I am guessing this is your first time around in an alt cycle correct? If not, then ask yourself how many alts from the last cycle in 2018 are still around and talked about). Same thing will happen in 2025 as we look back on 2021... Wish you luck!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8259 on: November 06, 2021, 04:06:01 AM »
HumbleGibissist still at it.

You leave out one crucial bit of information in your brand of FUD against ALTs. Not all ALTs are the same. They vary from being complete garbage to potentially being pillars in Web 3.0

BTC and ETH will never grow at the rates of some ALTs.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8260 on: November 06, 2021, 05:46:41 AM »
I agree with you. Yes, the vast amount of "projects" are alt scams, but I agree that some are legit and may add true value. The problem here is that almost no-one alt-trading values them for their project's calculated economic worth. In other words just because something provides value does not mean its current price is justified.  I've actually tried doing a calculation of value with UniSwap and Efinity. Both have a theoretical value that can be calculated, but there are so many factors in the mix that is almost impossible to calculate in practice.

With Bitcoin this dilemma is of course much easier, as its entire value is as a fundamental base layer store of wealth. The problem with the many "alt projects" that are not outright scams, is that there is a coin issued against the project which has its value ultimately tied to the success of the project it was issued for, (which in turn is extremely difficult to calculate). It is only a minute % of alt investors who would actually apply an economic valuation metric to an alt. Almost all simply look at "trading patterns", or base their decisions on ridiculous factors such as "the price is cheaper so I get more of them" or "it has a cool sounding name". Remember also that some protocols that are pillars of 3.0 may be widely adopted but essentially free. So don't be confused with functional use vs coin value on those either. Anyhow, good luck. Short term its all sentiment driven. Mark my words, you will learn an alt lesson in due course. (I am guessing this is your first time around in an alt cycle correct? If not, then ask yourself how many alts from the last cycle in 2018 are still around and talked about). Same thing will happen in 2025 as we look back on 2021... Wish you luck!

I held BTC and ETH during the 2018 cycle and then got back in ETH. I bought and held it on it's merits as a project until May this year. I'd say that worked out well. Back in on ETH. Added DOT and LRC.

Sure ALTS are overvalued. I've already alluded to that in an earlier post. You mention the dilemma and it being easier with Bitcoin, well taking profits along the way with ALTs makes the dilemma less of an issue.

You mention functionality use vs coin value. If you look at the 3 ALTs I mentioned, they have to varying degrees come up with solutions with regards to tying in coin value to functional use and more importantly introduced digital scarcity. As a bitcoin maxi you should be able understand how important that is.

Here is the thing regarding the retardedness of some of those involved in ALTs. A lot of people make a lot of money doing the things you mention. Sure it involves a huge element of luck, but why ignore this aspect of the market and leave money on the table? Why not stack the deck in your favour by also accounting for this?

Let's say 1 or 2 of the ALTs I mention pumped in a big way because of sentiment etc. Is that me getting lucky or me taking time to follow the project, look at developments, updates and eventually conclude the big announcements and releases would be made during what I perceived would be crypto bull market and that they would pump? Not all pumps are because of retards.. For every Shiba there is a Sol.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8261 on: November 07, 2021, 12:57:59 AM »
This may be of interest.

Efinity is the only alt I own, primarily due to technology and prospects really appealing to me. So for its done well for me, but I plan to hold long term. The development team behind this seem super strong from a technical depth perspective.

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/11/04/enjin-forms-100m-fund-to-support-metaverse-projects/?

https://app.pitch.com/app/public/player/5b8bd4e6-6537-4c7a-b8e4-b1afd8970f06/ecc519a7-6ace-4f8b-86ca-f3999bc93e47?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8262 on: November 07, 2021, 06:09:49 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8263 on: November 07, 2021, 08:20:56 AM »
This may be of interest.

Efinity is the only alt I own, primarily due to technology and prospects really appealing to me. So for its done well for me, but I plan to hold long term. The development team behind this seem super strong from a technical depth perspective.

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/11/04/enjin-forms-100m-fund-to-support-metaverse-projects/?

https://app.pitch.com/app/public/player/5b8bd4e6-6537-4c7a-b8e4-b1afd8970f06/ecc519a7-6ace-4f8b-86ca-f3999bc93e47?

It's a hodl that relies on DOT being successful so ...

@onemorerep. This may be of interest to you as Efinity is metaverse related.

Also a few weeks back when onemorerep posted regarding the metaverse and asked about any related alts to put money in, We did not have an answer for him. 2 weeks later a metaverse alt MANA pumped x4.

It doesn't matter if your main play is hodling btc, eth, alts or trading. Fact is we are all leaving easy money on the table by not knowing enough about the different ALT projects.

Efinity still looks like a great buy even after pumping x2 especially when you compare it to what Enjin has done recently.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8264 on: November 07, 2021, 01:19:33 PM »
It's a hodl that relies on DOT being successful so ...

@onemorerep. This may be of interest to you as Efinity is metaverse related.

Also a few weeks back when onemorerep posted regarding the metaverse and asked about any related alts to put money in. We did not have an answer for him. 2 weeks later a metaverse alt MANA pumped x4.

It doesn't matter if your main play is hodling btc, eth, alts or trading. Fact is we are all leaving easy money by not knowing enough about the different ALT projects.

Efinity still looks like a great buy even after pumping x2 especially when you compare to what Enjin has done recently.

SAND also pumped 150%

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8265 on: November 08, 2021, 03:33:09 PM »
BTC moving up! Go BTC!  ;D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8266 on: November 08, 2021, 04:08:10 PM »
SAND also pumped 150%

I had a reasonable amount of SAND before the 5x move. I then moved 25% of it into DOGE.

BTC moving up! Go BTC!  ;D

67.5k  :o

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8267 on: November 09, 2021, 05:01:39 AM »
LRC up 600% for me. Hit my crypto targets and the bull run has barely started. Hodling the rest until it hits a possible 3000%.

Yes it's still a great buy IMO. 2 major announcements for the project have still not been announced. First one will make it a "Matic killer" and send it into top 20 cryptos. It eliminates high gas fees on ETH and is Buterin endorsed! Second one is a major retail partnership (gaming) that could send it top 10.

Don't say no one didn't tell you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8268 on: November 09, 2021, 05:26:56 AM »
LRC up 600% for me. Hit my crypto targets and the bull run has barely started. Hodling the rest until it hits a possible 3000%.

Yes it's still a great buy IMO. 2 major announcements for the project have still not been announced. First one will make it a "Matic killer" and send it into top 20 cryptos. It eliminates gas fees on ETH and is Buterin endorsed! Second one is a major retail partnership (gaming) that could send it top 10.

Don't say no one didn't tell you.

I messed with LRC.  Watched it test 2.5 yesterday, then like an asshole got out at 2.03 and took profits.

Woke up and saw I was stupid.

But the 24/7 nature of the crypto market can be tiring.

Testing 2.5 today...you think it can run up?
Y

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8269 on: November 09, 2021, 05:39:44 AM »
I messed with LRC.  Watched it test 2.5 yesterday, then like an asshole got out at 2.03 and took profits.

Woke up and saw I was stupid.

But the 24/7 nature of the crypto market can be tiring.

Testing 2.5 today...you think it can run up?

Yes.

The dips are just whales playing on market sentiment to steal 20% here and there from retail. It's not a bad thing either. Price consolidation like this is better for the long term future.

LRC won't crash. This is not a pump and dump coin. It's an actual utility coin with a future. It makes eth almost gas free so once the final version of the wallet is launched everyone will jump on it. This is due for launch very soon... Weeks if not days.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8270 on: November 09, 2021, 05:53:35 AM »
Read an interesting article on the Shiba Inu coin.  Some dude spent $13K and they say it's worth $5billion now but the wallet hasn't been touched or accessed in over 200 days.  I wonder if this person died or what.  Also if he want to cash it out, who would actually have the money to give him?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8271 on: November 09, 2021, 06:05:53 AM »
Read an interesting article on the Shiba Inu coin.  Some dude spent $13K and they say it's worth $5billion now but the wallet hasn't been touched or accessed in over 200 days.  I wonder if this person died or what.  Also if he want to cash it out, who would actually have the money to give him?

Last I heard that huge shiba wallet actually became active, so I guess that person is still alive.

They can't cash out all at once, price will crash, but some exchanges like kraken have a premium service where they can slowly cash out whales without causing a huge dip in price.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8272 on: November 09, 2021, 06:10:02 AM »
Yes.

The dips are just whales playing on market sentiment to steal 20% here and there from retail. It's not a bad thing either. Price consolidation like this is better for the long term future.

LRC won't crash. This is not a pump and dump coin. It's an actual utility coin with a future. It makes eth gas free so once the final version of the wallet is launched everyone will jump on it. This is due for launch very soon... Weeks if not days.

Thanks.

I've gotten familiar a bit watching crypto patterns and can see the whale market manipulation.

Starting to get the difference between alts with a purpose and just alts for the sake of alts.

I rebought today, wondering if I should go bigger.
Y

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8273 on: November 09, 2021, 06:36:58 AM »
Thanks.

I've gotten familiar a bit watching crypto patterns and can see the whale market manipulation.

Starting to get the difference between alts with a purpose and just alts for the sake of alts.

I rebought today, wondering if I should go bigger.

This was the only crypto I was buying when I thought we were in a bear market. We are in a bull market now where everything goes up, so...

Don't watch the market. Go read everything on loopring twitter and daniel wang ceo twitter in the last 6 months. Then read the recent quarterlies and white paper. If that's too much work, just watch what Buterin has to say and then decide if you buy, sell or hold.

1hr 10 mark   

&feature=emb_logo

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8274 on: November 09, 2021, 06:49:41 AM »
This was the only crypto I was buying when I thought we were in a bear market. We are in a bull market now where everything goes up, so...

Don't watch the market. Go read everything on loopring twitter and daniel wang ceo twitter in the last 6 months. Then read the recent quarterlies and white paper. If that's too much work, just watch what Buterin has to say and then decide if you buy, sell or hold.

1hr 10 mark   

&feature=emb_logo

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions man.
Y