Author Topic: Anti-American  (Read 23703 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Anti-American
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2021, 08:04:10 AM »
I agree, best to ignore it.  But sometimes, I am bewildered at what some people have the audacity to say.

They are emboldened by the divisive, incompetent, toxic, mainstream media

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2021, 11:07:16 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2021, 02:41:22 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2021, 03:41:12 PM »
Why the heck is she representing America when she hates America??
This. She worked her ass off her entire life to get there and then chooses to act this way at the pinnacle of her life?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »
This. She worked her ass off her entire life to get there and then chooses to act this way at the pinnacle of her life?

My message to her:

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2021, 02:33:48 PM »

Yeah, Her brand will be toxic.

And then she will blame more

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2021, 03:45:18 PM »
Going to be a long string of "no" from things her agent tries to get her for the rest of her life.

Probably run for congress..  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »
Word.

EXCLUSIVE: ‘The American People Deserve To Be Represented By Someone Who Loves Them’: Former NFL Player Rips Olympian Gwen Berry
By  Joe Morgan
Jun 30, 2021   DailyWire.com

U.S. Olympian Gwen Berry felt that the playing of the National Anthem at the Olympic track and field trials on Saturday was “disrespectful” to her.

Multiple GOP lawmakers and military veterans have since called for her to be removed from the Olympic team, citing that the sole purpose of an Olympic athlete is to represent their country under the flag.

“I don’t think it’s too much, when athletes are competing to wear the Stars and Stripes — to compete under the Stars and Stripes in the Olympics — for them to simply honor that flag and our anthem on the medal stand,” Sen. Tom Cotton said on Fox News on Monday. “If Ms. Berry is so embarrassed by America, then there’s no reason she needs to compete for our country. She should be removed from the Olympic team.”

Former NFL player Jack Brewer has been an outspoken critic of players protesting the anthem, and made his opinion clear in a conversation with The Daily Wire.

“I just think about growing up as a kid and literally just in school, when you hear the National Anthem, the feeling that it gives you and the respect that you have,” Brewer said when asked about Berry’s move to turn her back to the flag. “The flag is not supposed to represent perfection, but the flag is the family — the American family —  the country that we share. Everyone is trying to work for the same goal. That’s what your country represents. That’s like walking into your house and slapping your mom. It makes no sense. I don’t understand it.”

“And now, we have a culture that is literally professing to these kids and teaching these kids that their country is inherently bad … not to respect the national Anthem and the flag. That’s supposed to be the one thing that brings us together. It’s heartbreaking.”

Athletes have been protesting the anthem since NFL player Colin Kaepernick first began kneeling in 2016, but Berry’s position is different. The sole purpose of an Olympic athlete is to represent his or her country, it’s not for fame or fortune as it is for professional athletes. It’s what makes Berry’s move so offensive to so many.

“If I was a coach or if I was a part of the U.S. Olympic committee, the first criteria that you should have for anybody that wants to go compete for the country is that you embrace and love your country. How do you have someone compete at the highest level and how do you have them give everything that they have in their heart … and trust that they’re going to go there with the best intention, if the very country that they’re going to represent … they turn their back on.  That should be the number one criteria before anyone gets or makes this Olympic team.”

“Our freedom is not free. The American people deserve to be represented by people who love them and people who stand for unity and all the good things that this country is about.”

Berry’s move to protest the flag and anthem may be just the beginning of Olympic athletes protesting the flag on the international stage. Brewer believes it will continue, but only if we allow it.

“I think we will continue to see it if they appease it and allow it. You’ve got to stop it at its root. There’s no time to have this lukewarm perspective when it comes to these things. It’s time to take a hard stand in this nation, to hold people accountable. You don’t want to be here, you don’t want to represent America, that’s your choice. We have choice and free will in America.”

“So, anybody that wants to represent our Olympic team should not be allowed to wear that red, white, and blue if they don’t love this nation. You can stop it by actually holding people accountable and not allowing you to take hostage of our American dream on the international scale, by giving someone the ability to hijack that moment for whatever their political belief is.”

Berry has indicated that she will not back down when she gets to Tokyo, saying she’ll “figure out something to do” when she gets there. It’s a statement that perplexes Brewer.

“If you just listen to the reasoning behind what they claim to be fighting for … You claim to be fighting against racism, but you’re literally standing against the one nation that has allowed more people to have equality and opportunity than in any place in the world! People are trying to leave by the millions to get to America. People that are really facing serious oppression and racism and all those other things.”

“They’re coming here, yet we have athletes that don’t appreciate the very freedoms in which we have. It’s embarrassing.”

Lost in the backlash was the selfishness of the act, taking attention away from the two other Olympic hammer throwers who made the team. DeAnna Price earned gold in the event, setting an American record with a throw of 263 feet, 6 inches (80.31 meters).

“You took all of the focus off of the record holder. You took her moment,” Brewer said. “How dare you?”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/exclusive-the-american-people-deserve-to-be-represented-by-someone-who-loves-them-former-nfl-player-rips-olympian-gwen-berry?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR0-CkAPB80SQcpTcNzNvbhDcyj6qoMEaAO9RYGpuHlwz1PURc4dwwsBYRI

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2021, 01:25:25 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2021, 01:28:15 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »
Here's what real Anti-American looks like

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2021, 07:50:01 PM »
Here's what real Anti-American looks like

You’re anti-American. Still supporting the violence that goes on to this day in Portland? Haven’t heard you speak on this since it started

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
New York Times Faces Backlash for Politicizing American Flag, ‘If Flag Offends You, Move Elsewhere’
WENDELL HUSEBØ
4 Jul 2021

The New York Times is facing backlash after politicizing Old Glory on Saturday by suggesting “flying the American flag from the back of a pickup truck or over a lawn is increasingly seen as a clue… to a person’s political affiliation.”

. . . .

https://cbnc.com/nyt-faces-backlash-for-politicizing-american-flag-on-independence-day/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2021, 05:00:44 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2021, 12:00:38 AM »
When you allow extremist organizations to operate unchecked, this is the kind of foolishness that results.  How in the world can Democrats embrace this kind of crap?

Black Lives Matter Utah Chapter Declares American Flag a ‘Symbol of Hatred’
Caroline Downey
Wed, July 7, 2021

In a Facebook post published on the Fourth of July, the Black Lives Matter (BLM) Utah chapter declared the American flag a hate symbol.

“When we Black Americans see this flag we know the person flying it is not safe to be around. When we see this flag we know the person flying it is a racist. When we see this flag we know that the person flying it lives in a different America than we do. When we see this flag, we question your intelligence. We know to avoid you. It is a symbol of hatred,” the statement read.

Lex Scott, founder of Black Lives Matter Utah, said the intention of the inflammatory post was to generate a reaction and show how the flag is being co-opted by extremist groups, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

“The point of the post was to make everyone uncomfortable,” Scott said. “The American flag is taught to us from birth to represent freedom, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

Scott noted that her sentiments were triggered by the sight of photos depicting members of far-right organization Patriot Front marching through Philadelphia carrying the American flag on the eve of the Fourth of July.

“They’re flying American flags. The Ku Klux Klan is flying American flags. The Proud Boys are flying American flags. They climbed the Capitol for their failed insurrection and were beating police officers with American flags. I have not heard any outrage from Republicans or the right about the use of the American flag as a hate symbol,” Scott said.

“We are seeing that symbol used in every racist hate group’s messaging across this nation. The problem that I have is no one is addressing the people who are using it for hate. I am telling you when I see an American flag, I begin to feel fear for the simple fact that every time I am faced with hatred, it is at the hands of someone carrying an American flag,” she continued.

The BLM post echoes the comments made by New York Times Editorial Board member Mara Gray during an appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, when she said was “disturbed” to see American flags displayed on the back of Trump supporters’ pick-up trucks during a weekend trip to Long Island.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/black-lives-matter-utah-chapter-195007748.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2021, 09:56:13 AM »
BLM Utah? ;D  All 3 Negroes in the state are members.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2021, 05:26:33 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2021, 04:24:11 PM »
ESPN writer troubled by American flag at Olympics: 'I keep thinking back on the Capitol riots'
William Rhoden: 'I had it wrong. Nationalism is not good'
By David Rutz | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/media/espn-writer-american-flag-olympics-capitol-riots

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2021, 04:46:45 PM »
ESPN writer troubled by American flag at Olympics: 'I keep thinking back on the Capitol riots'
William Rhoden: 'I had it wrong. Nationalism is not good'
By David Rutz | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/media/espn-writer-american-flag-olympics-capitol-riots

Liberal nut bag

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2021, 08:08:36 PM »
"So now when I see the flag and the flag raised, what — what America am I living in? You know, are the ones that don't think, you know, we should be here?" he went on, referring to him and other African Americans.

Someone should have told him he's living in one of the most progressive countries and times in all of history, that millions of other people in the world would change places with him in an instant, and he's a fucking idiot.
Y